Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QUEEN+ADAM LAMBERT DO VEGAS

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5025 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 05:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very loud, appreciative audience again tonight. Thankfully they liked more than just one song! And, therefore, got their money’s worth. They are going crazy for Brian’s guitar solo and every time Frank makes an appearance! :-)

SweetCaroline

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, pass this link to Lover Boy at QOL:

http://www.pscp.tv/w/1dRJZgOjaydxB

I think it might have what he is looking for.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5120 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 06:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

No. Not doing anything for you. I bet you are frustrated that you can't do your usual over there. Too bad, so sad.

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Royalty: 1362 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 07:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Heartbreak Hotel was excellent choice for Elvis country Vegas. Then they went right into CLTCL.

Set list is PERFECTION!!!!’

===================================

You really think this setlist is perfection??

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
Iron Butterfly

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 07:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenman!! wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Heartbreak Hotel was excellent choice for Elvis country Vegas. Then they went right into CLTCL.

Set list is PERFECTION!!!!’

===================================

You really think this setlist is perfection??

No. She said PERFECTION!!!!'
;-)
Of course she thinks that way because as long as AL is singing those songs, that's all that matters for her.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2427 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I just checked it, couldn't hear the bit with I love you. Maybe a better one will surface.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2427 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Fantastic periscope tonight! Way better than last night. I got chills from WWTLF and TSMGO. The whole thing is spectacular. Love how they have integrated Frank into it. Hard to see exactly from a skinny periscope view, but it looked amazing whnever you saw him peering at the audience! I bet Vegas has never had a show like this. Another sold out night and the folks were loving it. Wish I were there!!!

It's making me quite jealous lol, I was a bit dubious about the reception, being a Vegas residency, but they really are loving it, the crowd are really responsive. Maybe it's the smaller venue and it being more intimate.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1462 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 14:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yea, I also think this is a perfect set list for Vegas and the types of fans that it will attract, more the casual type fan. It also seems to satisfy the Queen fans, who have been remarking about the show on-line and Glamberts are always happy pretty much. The set list checks all the boxes! They have included all the hits, added an "Elvis" section and two huge ballads, WWTLF and TSMG and I am surprised that Adam sings those two together like he does. Brian gets his wonderful song and moment to play which is prefect after Forever, so Adam gets a break before TSMGO which is tough to sing, and Roger gets his song and a solo. I am not sure what there is not to like! They are not playing some off the wall deep cut that will break the flow of the music and the audience's enthusiasm while they are trying to figure out what the heck is this? I would find it great for a few ff the wall choices, but it hasn't seemed to work so far when they have seen the reception to a couple of the more obscure songs. The concert can't afford lulls as it is too hard to get audience back. I think they hit a home run with this set list and nobody thought they would play this long!! Win win for everyone, even me sitting at home watching. Last night was a stupendous show!!! The audience goes wild over the show from what I can hear, have seen last night, and have read from people who were there!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 14:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I’m not sad. I’m glad that some old fans are finally accepting the QAL collaboration and even calling out the ones who aren’t.

It is not only Adam I love in these shows. I am in awe of both Brian and Roger and love the smooth combination of the whole cast and crew. When I say the set list is perfection I mean it flows from one song to the next. They could add other songs and delete the ones they are doing and it would still work beautifully.

After 6 years it really is silly to speculate about a different collaboration. If they had found a better one they would have made a change by now.

Maybe it would have been better with Marc because he sounds so much like Freddie but there is no one else who can duplicate him completely because he was one of a kind. Rami is being praised for his portrayal but he, too, is NOT Freddie.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

About the audience, when you are there live the music is so majestic and powerful that it draws you in, makes you happy and want to shout and sing, even scream!!!! To see even the more casual Vegas audience react so approvingly is a tribute to the amazing power of Queen music!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 17:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmmm, why did Lover Boy thank you for sending him a link? Just wondering! Did you tell him it was from me? LOL

SweetCaroline

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder if they will switch to another Elvis song since the first one has been so well received:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/8vtEa-61OjI

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I’m not sad. I’m glad that some old fans are finally accepting the QAL collaboration and even calling out the ones who aren’t.

It is not only Adam I love in these shows. I am in awe of both Brian and Roger and love the smooth combination of the whole cast and crew. When I say the set list is perfection I mean it flows from one song to the next. They could add other songs and delete the ones they are doing and it would still work beautifully.

After 6 years it really is silly to speculate about a different collaboration. If they had found a better one they would have made a change by now.

Maybe it would have been better with Marc because he sounds so much like Freddie but there is no one else who can duplicate him completely because he was one of a kind. Rami is being praised for his portrayal but he, too, is NOT Freddie.

You have said a few times it doesn't matter about the set list. That tells me that you don't care what is performed, as long as AL is the one and only person to sing the songs. That's is what matters to you...and the only thing that matters to you. I doubt you care about Freddie's legacy.
If it were me, I'd take out Jailhouse Rock and put another Queen song back in the set list. Queen's back catalogue is so much more than just the hit songs.

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Get over it, Icy! You just look for something to fight about with Caroline! Yes, Glamberts love Adam singing Queen. To me also, it is a match made in heaven. The set list really doesn't matter so much to the a everage Glambert because we are too stupid to know any better. We are just happy that Adam sings their songs and so far, there hasn't been one I didn't like. I also loved Freddie singing his own music. of course! I just like Queen music and next to Freddie, I like Adam, whatever he sings is OK with me. There hasn't been a bad one yet. Some are more suited to his voice, but for me they are all good! I think Caroline feels the same way. It isn't our fault that Brian and Roger picked him and only want him to sing on tour. You act as if somehow it is our fault that it happened. We can take the tour for what it is and be happy and ignore the few little things that might pop up occasionally, but they are very few and far between. We don't nit pick like some people.
We are grateful for what is happening here and now!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Get over it, Icy! You just look for something to fight about with Caroline! Yes, Glamberts love Adam singing Queen. To me also, it is a match made in heaven. The set list really doesn't matter so much to the a everage Glambert because we are too stupid to know any better. We are just happy that Adam sings their songs and so far, there hasn't been one I didn't like. I also loved Freddie singing his own music. of course! I just like Queen music and next to Freddie, I like Adam, whatever he sings is OK with me. There hasn't been a bad one yet. Some are more suited to his voice, but for me they are all good! I think Caroline feels the same way. It isn't our fault that Brian and Roger picked him and only want him to sing on tour. You act as if somehow it is our fault that it happened. We can take the tour for what it is and be happy and ignore the few little things that might pop up occasionally, but they are very few and far between. We don't nit pick like some people.
We are grateful for what is happening here and now!

Of course Glamberts love AL singing with Brian and Roger. Not like AL could sell out all the venues with his solo music, right.
Yes, the set list matters, at least to some of us out there. It always has and always will matter to me.
You and sweetcaroline are happy because AL is doing what he hasn't done with his solo career,and is unlikely to ever do with his solo music basically. Be honest at least. I dare say if Brian and Roger picked anyone else, you wouldn't like it or even be posting on Queen boards.
Cue sweetcaroline now to post videos, links etc about what AL has done solo. Don't do it on my account.

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 19:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, you just don't get it at all. Of course we like Adam singing with Queen. I truly don't think there is anyone in the world who can sing song for song as many of the catalog well, as he does. He seems to be able to do the operatic, the quirky, the lighter rock and he is improving on the hard stuff. No one else can do that credibly, IMO. His solo career has zilch to do with Queen. Why do you even bring that up? It is nothing like singing with Queen and it may or may not ever be. I don't care! I have seen every tour Adam has done and it is superb. He does more with less. It doesn't bother me. Queen is something totally separate. Yes, if Maylor had picked someone else, we would not have wandered here. But this is QAL and so here we are. What is there to be honest about. That is the situation in a nut shell. We are not here under false pretenses. We are here, on the thread pertaining to ADAM, and it is because he sings with Queen. So what is the big deal? Other people on here like some of the videos and things she posts. Not everyone is a hater like you. You can just scroll and ignore if you are too much of a Debbie Downer to take part in happy, positive things. Is she too much of a cheerleader, YMMV. But to me, it is better than constantly raining on everyone's parade. Your comments are always negative and you always find a way to dig at Adam. Don't ever let HIM sing DOOL or those songs fronm that album. It never stops with you and I guess you just don't see that. But others do.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 20:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Icy, you just don't get it at all. Of course we like Adam singing with Queen. I truly don't think there is anyone in the world who can sing song for song as many of the catalog well, as he does. He seems to be able to do the operatic, the quirky, the lighter rock and he is improving on the hard stuff. No one else can do that credibly, IMO. His solo career has zilch to do with Queen. Why do you even bring that up? It is nothing like singing with Queen and it may or may not ever be. I don't care! I have seen every tour Adam has done and it is superb. He does more with less. It doesn't bother me. Queen is something totally separate. Yes, if Maylor had picked someone else, we would not have wandered here. But this is QAL and so here we are. What is there to be honest about. That is the situation in a nut shell. We are not here under false pretenses. We are here, on the thread pertaining to ADAM, and it is because he sings with Queen. So what is the big deal? Other people on here like some of the videos and things she posts. Not everyone is a hater like you. You can just scroll and ignore if you are too much of a Debbie Downer to take part in happy, positive things. Is she too much of a cheerleader, YMMV. But to me, it is better than constantly raining on everyone's parade. Your comments are always negative and you always find a way to dig at Adam. Don't ever let HIM sing DOOL or those songs fronm that album. It never stops with you and I guess you just don't see that. But others do.

First off, AL isn't singing with Queen. He's singing with Brian and Roger.
So, I'm a hater again. Says the person who can't even be bothered to discuss Queen much, if at all, let alone know much about the history of the band.
Way to get personal about me. Tell you what though, you and sweetcaroline have done the opposite of what you both have intended to do on Queen boards. You both have actually turned people away from wanting to support AL. Job well done *sarcasm*.
Of course, you will never have anything that praise for sweetcaroline. She can do no wrong in your eyes. Glambert code once again. Cheerleader my ass, what she does is beyond that. Others see that by the way.
Yeah, there are some songs I hope AL never sings. DOOL was a beautiful tribute when it was done, and how Roger sang it was beautiful and I wouldn't want to risk AL messing around with that song and a few other songs.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 20:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Hmmm, why did Lover Boy thank you for sending him a link? Just wondering! Did you tell him it was from me? LOL

Gave you the credit just then since credit was what you were obviously hoping for.
Wasn't the right part by the way.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3473 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 21:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QAL is the epitome of embarrassment and boredom. Freddie would have hated to play a Greatest Hits set in front of some casual Vegas ppl on holiday

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am sure Brian and Roger would love to know that they are no longer Queen. Somebody ought to tweet them that inane remark and I doubt they would be on board with that beyond ridiculous assertion. I get why a Queen die hard would say QAL is not Queen. (although it is still a different incarnation of Queen!) OK with that. But Brian and Roger are STILL Queen. They probably wrote half the music and have toured longer with it than the other two (Freddie, obviously, but). Wow, Icy, I knew you didn't hold Roger and Brian in high regard, but takes the cake. I bet if they were still going through the old unpublished Catalog and found Freddie stuff, they would still be Queen. But since they are wasting their time having the time of their lives touring with Adam, they are somehow not Queen? That has to be one of the most egregious things I have ever read on a Queen forum! They are keeping the music alive and bringing in new fans. People forget about the old classics, even Queen, when they don't hear it played!