Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QUEEN+ADAM LAMBERT DO VEGAS

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 22:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That wasn’t Jailhouse Rock: it was Heartbreak Hotel !!!!!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I am sure Brian and Roger would love to know that they are no longer Queen. Somebody ought to tweet them that inane remark and I doubt they would be on board with that beyond ridiculous assertion. I get why a Queen die hard would say QAL is not Queen. (although it is still a different incarnation of Queen!) OK with that. But Brian and Roger are STILL Queen. They probably wrote half the music and have toured longer with it than the other two (Freddie, obviously, but). Wow, Icy, I knew you didn't hold Roger and Brian in high regard, but takes the cake. I bet if they were still going through the old unpublished Catalog and found Freddie stuff, they would still be Queen. But since they are wasting their time having the time of their lives touring with Adam, they are somehow not Queen? That has to be one of the most egregious things I have ever read on a Queen forum! They are keeping the music alive and bringing in new fans. People forget about the old classics, even Queen, when they don't hear it played!


Someone should tweet them that it's no longer Queen. Erm, I think they are busy enough without people tweeting them.
Q+AL isn't Queen to me. Wow icy, all you want. Even AL says it's not Queen for pitys sake.
Queen's music has never died out. By the way some Glamberts act, if I didn't know better, I'd think AL is the guy who did more than anyone to bring their music back. Fact is, Queen's music has always been there since I became a fan. And no, that's not due to AL. You have said before it's because of AL that Queen's music is more popular than ever. I disagree with that.
People forget about the old classics, even Queen? Really now? Does it look like I'm forgetting? Queen is more than just their hit songs, if anyone thinks hits were/are what Queen was about, I'd say they are wrong.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 22:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

That wasn’t Jailhouse Rock: it was Heartbreak Hotel !!!!!


My mistake, my bad.
Come back at me when you never make a mistake, right. " !!!!!! "
Actually, you have made many mistakes about Queen and Freddie, but when I make one about Q+AL it's all "!!!!!!".

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 23:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie did a Greatist Hits show at Live Aid and it is still being called the best show ever!

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 23:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, you are not the typical casual fan and the vast majority of young people aren't any kind of fan. All they care about is rap crap and Queen is a thought that is not in their head. Trust me, I had 2 boys and taught in a high school and Queen is not the kind of music they play or even think about. That was in the 90's and it was already like that. Now kids don't know anything about classic rock, so it is good that parents are bring kids to the concerts and they see ads, bill boards, and articles on-line and in the print media. Times aren't like they used to be. Adam's touring with Queen has brought them into the forefront again and that is what it takes to remain popular in this day and age. If you think differently, fine, but I know you are wrong. Fans are not like you who lives and breathes Freddie and I am beginning to think it is just Freddie, since you don't think much of Brian and Roger from your different remarks. The queen biopic is going to be another big boost for Queen and name recognition. Everything helps in this day and age and QAL is doing its part as well.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 23:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Freddie did a Greatist Hits show at Live Aid and it is still being called the best show ever!


What's your point? Live Aid wasn't a full Queen concert for one thing.
You are comparing again ; -).

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 23:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Icy, you are not the typical casual fan and the vast majority of young people aren't any kind of fan. All they care about is rap crap and Queen is a thought that is not in their head. Trust me, I had 2 boys and taught in a high school and Queen is not the kind of music they play or even think about. That was in the 90's and it was already like that. Now kids don't know anything about classic rock, so it is good that parents are bring kids to the concerts and they see ads, bill boards, and articles on-line and in the print media. Times aren't like they used to be. Adam's touring with Queen has brought them into the forefront again and that is what it takes to remain popular in this day and age. If you think differently, fine, but I know you are wrong. Fans are not like you who lives and breathes Freddie and I am beginning to think it is just Freddie, since you don't think much of Brian and Roger from your different remarks. The queen biopic is going to be another big boost for Queen and name recognition. Everything helps in this day and age and QAL is doing its part as well.


That's a bit of a sweeping statement. I know personally people and people on the web who happen to be Queen fans. I dare say some of those people are bigger fans than I am. They also e joy classic rock more than they do rap.
No, darling. It's not just Freddie for me, but that's another judgement you have wrong about me. Is Freddie and his legacy important in some ways for me? Sure, and so is Queen's legacy. Don't go there about me living and breathing Freddie when you can't even be bothered to learn more about the guy.
I respect Brian and Roger, but I don't agree with everything they say and do. You don't either, you were angry and bitter when Nate from Fun joined Brian and Roger for one song. All is right in many Glambert's world as long as AL is the only one that is singing the songs.
At least I do discuss Queen and many other artists, unlike those who live in an AL only bubble. I never have posted links to Freddie's personal family and friends life, and even his home then you can come back to say I live and breathe Freddie. How ironic that a Glambert does that here about AL on a Queen board. But no, that's not living and breathing AL, or outright being obsessed about anyone, that's being his cheerleader and just a little over the top, you say.
As for the biopic, that could draw more new fans in for Queen than anything else in recent years, IMO. I really think it could be a big deal for Queen and the fans. The excitement is great.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 23:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, you are totally missing the point. Are your friends on-line young or are they older fans? I am speaking of young people who are the ones that must carry the torch for future Queen fans. I am not talking about all the older people who are already fans. If you are invested in anybody but Freddie, you definately have me fooled!! Why do I need to learn about Freddie to enjoy my music? There is lots of music I love, but I don't know that much about the singer. I love Pavarotti and Placido, but I don't know a thing about them and I still love their music!! For me it isn't that important. For you it is, but it doesn't make me a bad fan. I just need to enjoy the music. As you always say, it is all about the music. I like to sit and listen to music. I am too busy to sit and read about musician's lives. Adam is the only person I have ever followed and that is because of Idol and he intrigued me. I don't spend that much time followning him, thos. I run a side business and have lots of other interests.

I wasn't angry or bitter about Nate. I can't believe your ridiculous, sweeping statements. I just said that I didn't like his singing and it was a waste of time for me. I am allowed to say that. I thought his voice was awful and not at all the type of voice needed for Queen. I don't think there are many voices suited for Queen and I am entitled to that opinion. I think since you are always angry and bitter you think everyone else is like that. I am not, but I do have an opinion that has nothing to do with anger or bitterness. You say that crap all the time about everything and I don't understand that at all. Anyone who disagrees with you is angry or bitter or a cheerleader for Adam. People can be positive about QAL and say nice things here because it is the thread for such things. I have't found too many Adam fans who are angry and bitter, it is usually the Queen fans who sound butthurt!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 23:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Icy, you are totally missing the point. Are your friends on-line young or are they older fans? I am speaking of young people who are the ones that must carry the torch for future Queen fans. I am not talking about all the older people who are already fans. If you are invested in anybody but Freddie, you definately have me fooled!! Why do I need to learn about Freddie to enjoy my music? There is lots of music I love, but I don't know that much about the singer. I love Pavarotti and Placido, but I don't know a thing about them and I still love their music!! For me it isn't that important. For you it is, but it doesn't make me a bad fan. I just need to enjoy the music. As you always say, it is all about the music. I like to sit and listen to music. I am too busy to sit and read about musician's lives. Adam is the only person I have ever followed and that is because of Idol and he intrigued me. I don't spend that much time followning him, thos. I run a side business and have lots of other interests.

I wasn't angry or bitter about Nate. I can't believe your ridiculous, sweeping statements. I just said that I didn't like his singing and it was a waste of time for me. I am allowed to say that. I thought his voice was awful and not at all the type of voice needed for Queen. I don't think there are many voices suited for Queen and I am entitled to that opinion. I think since you are always angry and bitter you think everyone else is like that. I am not, but I do have an opinion that has nothing to do with anger or bitterness. You say that crap all the time about everything and I don't understand that at all. Anyone who disagrees with you is angry or bitter or a cheerleader for Adam. People can be positive about QAL and say nice things here because it is the thread for such things. I have't found too many Adam fans who are angry and bitter, it is usually the Queen fans who sound butthurt!


Younger people. Teens, people in their early adult years and 30's.
No, you aren't bothered to learn about Freddie. Got that. I do think if you knew more about the guy, you just might understand the music a little more. I have learned so much from reading and learning about the guy, and it made the music even better for me.
Yes, I do think you were bitter about Nate. You wouldn't have called him "that awful person" if you weren't bitter about him. He took very little time "away" from Lambert and you made your impression of Nate clear. If anyone said AL was that "awful person" there'd be an an uproar by some, I'm sure.
You haven't seen many Glambert's who are angry and bitter. Honey, you and sweetcaroline are exactly that here. You can't tell me, you aren't bitter when something is said about AL that you don't like or even agree with. Both of your posts speak for themselves. I think you both have axes to grind about certain people on Queen boards and the boards itself. Where is the mod, is there a mod here?! This person should be banned, that person should be banned!
That came from you in more than one of your posts.You have been very angry at times. And I do think you are bitter about Freddie's and Queen's legacy, because you know AL is nowhere near reaching it.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 00:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“Queen and Adam Lambert Rock Park Theater”

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/sounding-off/in-las-vegas-queen-adam-lambert-rock-park-theater/

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 00:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/sounding-off/in-las-vegas-queen-adam-lambert-rock-park-theater/


SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 00:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Here’s another poster for icy:

http://www.adamlambertlive.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/QAL-180902-LasVegas_AL.jpg



Why do you post these posters? I'm not interested in them, because they are shitty. Don't it on my account. Let that sink in.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 01:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dream on, Icy! You can live in your Freddie dreamworld and think everyone is jealous of him. There is no talking to you, as you assume everyone is like you, bitter, angry and you never see another person's opinion. Everyone who doesn't agree with you is bitter and angry and all Adam fans are jealous of Freddie! That is your story and and you always stick with it! For the last time There is a difference between seeing a remark someone made and trying to rationally discuss it and you, who calls anyone who tries to do that angry and bitter and then you throw in all sorts of crap from ages ago which serves no purpose at all. There really is no point to engaging with you. The end resultis always the same. Maybe I can stick to scroll is really my friend because you never understand what I am trying to say and this is pointless.

One last point is that there should be a standard of behavior for posters and if not, most boards have mods who boot those people who aren't civil. People like that ruin a thread, a forum. It is just like in a classroom where one or two bad apples ruin the experience for the rest of the class unless something is done about them. We have that situation here and it keeps people from partaking because who wants to fight all the time? I guess some folks make that their reason to be on here. Sad!!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 01:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Dream on, Icy! You can live in your Freddie dreamworld and think everyone is jealous of him. There is no talking to you, as you assume everyone is like you, bitter, angry and you never see another person's opinion. Everyone who doesn't agree with you is bitter and angry and all Adam fans are jealous of Freddie! That is your story and and you always stick with it! For the last time There is a difference between seeing a remark someone made and trying to rationally discuss it and you, who calls anyone who tries to do that angry and bitter and then you throw in all sorts of crap from ages ago which serves no purpose at all. There really is no point to engaging with you. The end resultis always the same. Maybe I can stick to scroll is really my friend because you never understand what I am trying to say and this is pointless.

One last point is that there should be a standard of behavior for posters and if not, most boards have mods who boot those people who aren't civil. People like that ruin a thread, a forum. It is just like in a classroom where one or two bad apples ruin the experience for the rest of the class unless something is done about them. We have that situation here and it keeps people from partaking because who wants to fight all the time? I guess some folks make that their reason to be on here. Sad!!


I think you are jealous of him, and so is sweetcaroline. Poor things, you will have to realise it's impossible for AL to even come close to Freddie's legacy.
As for you, again, you must always get personal. Try this time to ignore my posts, but you have cried wolf about that before and never managed it for a day.
Standard of behavior? Says you who said I was the Queen bitch? Says you who wanted me banned from your first post here. Get over yourself, seriously, because you are a hypocrite and an instigator to say the least. Sad!!! Are you Trump like now? LMAO. If you can't handle things said here, then it's not the right forum or board for you.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 02:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wanted you banned because your behavior is often not civil - esp not to Caroline. You are very mean spiritied and take affront at everything that someone says positive about QAL. As far as handling things said on a board, just because you can (since there are no mods), doesn't mean you should. Icy, Freddie is the last person I would want Adam to emulate. It didn't sound as if his life was particularly happy and it is sad he died so young. He only became the famous Freddie after he was dead. How did Freddie's legacy make him a happier person? I certainly don't wish anything like that for Adam. You are nuts if you think I am jealous of Freddie's legacy. I don't care about Freddie's legacy particularly and I don't worry about Adam's. That would be stupid. It will be whatever he can make of it. I just hope he will be happy doing what he loves and that seems to be the case.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 02:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why would anyone be jealous of a man whose life was cut short from an illness related to AIDS?



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 02:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Why would anyone be jealous of a man whose life was cut short from an illness related to AIDS?



A few reasons...
He was a very talented man who wrote some legendary songs and played the piano very well.
The fact he is a legend.
The fact he is still remembered and his music is living on.
The fact, millions of dollars have been donated in the years since he passed away.
The fact many artists ate influenced by Freddie and Queen.
The fact his and Queen's music has never died out.

And AL isn't nowhere near any of that. Clear enough for you?

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 02:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But ..... Adam is alive and well!


snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 03:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But who cares?? Only you, Icy, and because you do, you seem to think it is important to everyone else. It isn't! Not to me. I don't wish anything like that for Adam. He will take care of himself and his career and be a happy and healthy man. Adam doesn't have to be any of those things for us to really enjoy him and his singing. That is what you just can't comprehend. We don't equate Adam with Freddie in any way whatsoever, but you are so afraid someone might be as good as Freddie at something related to his music and you just can't stand the thought of that. That is your problem and yours alone. I guess you have to deal with it and not put your assumptions on everybody else.