forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5128 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 03:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

But who cares?? Only you, Icy, and because you do, you seem to think it is important to everyone else. It isn't! Not to me. I don't wish anything like that for Adam. He will take care of himself and his career and be a happy and healthy man. Adam doesn't have to be any of those things for us to really enjoy him and his singing. That is what you just can't comprehend. We don't equate Adam with Freddie in any way whatsoever, but you are so afraid someone might be as good as Freddie at something related to his music and you just can't stand the thought of that. That is your problem and yours alone. I guess you have to deal with it and not put your assumptions on everybody else.

I'm a Queen fan. Do you think I'm the only one who cares about Queen's history, it being a Queen board and all that. Yet you are so defensive and butthurt when people don't think AL is the be all and end all, especially on Queen boards.
Things can happen if a person takes care of themselves or not.
We don't equate AL with Freddie you say...while AL has been and is singing Queen songs for years now, ironic eh? What about the bloody comparsions then?
I get that you like the guy. I even get sweetcaroline liking the guy. You both go overboard about him. I doubt you both can see the forest for the trees. Ok, I know you like other artists, and I think that's a good thing. No way would I be hyper focused or obessed about one artist or person only. You clap back that I live and breathe Freddie, and you are wrong. Yeah, I discuss him and Queen...on Queen boards, hello? Is that a problem for you? Want me to Adamtopia to spam about Freddie the way sweetcaroline spams about AL? I don't think you'd be too happy if I did that.
You are the one who a few months back could not figure out why Freddie was still discussed, because in your words Freddie was then, AL is now. You better face up to it, AL wouldn't be where he is without Queen and Brian and Roger, and that includes Freddie and John as well. Queen paved the way for AL in many ways. Queen have been paying his bills for years now, while once again, AL has no record company. Brian and Roger have taken AL under their wings. I think once Q+AL is over, it's going to be shocking for AL and many Glamberts. AL is very unlikely to do solo what he has been doing with Brian and Roger.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 03:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

But ..... Adam is alive and well!

I hope he will be alive and well for a long time yet. We both know things can change so quickly in life, sweetcaroline. Look at the shock of David Bowie's and George Michael's passing away was.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 06:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If the QAL hadn’t happened, Adam would be doing something else, but he would have been a fool to pass up this opportunity.

After this Vegas gig, I think he could easily do a solo residency at the Park Theater.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 06:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

If the QAL hadn’t happened, Adam would be doing something else, but he would have been a fool to pass up this opportunity.

After this Vegas gig, I think he could easily do a solo residency at the Park Theater.

Of course he would be doing something else. Maybe he'd still be doing lacklustre EDM and pop music. Or maybe, he wouldn't still be n the music business at all.
When or if he releases more of his own solo music, and depending on sales, then maybe he could do his own residency. I don't think he's quite there yet. It even took a legend like Elton John years to have a residency. It doesn't just happen overnight.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why do you think it is necessary to constantly tell people that basically Adam is lacklustre and without Queen he would be nowhere? That is only your opinion and we have heard it 100 times. I doubt very much that Adam would be out of the music business. He might not be recording, but he would be singing Broadway or doing something else music related. He does have the credentials for a great role on Broadway and that is the music business, just a different aspect. With a voice like his, there are many options. Just because artists don't don't reach the glorious heights of Queen, doesn't make a bit of difference. Many of the more "lacklustre" contestants from AI have parlayed their 15 mins of fame into a career. Adam is certainly beyond his 15 mins. He has tons of fans and we are not worried what he will be doing, as it will be something he likes. He doesn't have to be a Freddie for his fans to stick with him and support him. There can be few Freddies, but the other people are doing just fine, as will Adam. Music is his life and there will be something else out there for him. I sincerely believe that.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A wonderful tweet from Brian showing the flashing marquee ad for QAL:

“DrBrianMay Las@Vegas never sleeps. This is the view from my room at 2am. It's a reminder - just in case we forgot why we are here ! But I don't take any of this stuff for granted. It's all way beyond my childhood dreams. Thanks, folks! Bri”

instagram.com/p/BnTB19Jh7mF/…

SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like to read the wonderful comments to Brian under these videos!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is a truly amazing tribute to Queen by the Ohio State Marching Band that Brian tweeted this morning:

http://news.osu.edu/video-ohio-state-marching-band-pays-tribute-to-queen-in-halftime-show/

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 17:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Why do you think it is necessary to constantly tell people that basically Adam is lacklustre and without Queen he would be nowhere? That is only your opinion and we have heard it 100 times. I doubt very much that Adam would be out of the music business. He might not be recording, but he would be singing Broadway or doing something else music related. He does have the credentials for a great role on Broadway and that is the music business, just a different aspect. With a voice like his, there are many options. Just because artists don't don't reach the glorious heights of Queen, doesn't make a bit of difference. Many of the more "lacklustre" contestants from AI have parlayed their 15 mins of fame into a career. Adam is certainly beyond his 15 mins. He has tons of fans and we are not worried what he will be doing, as it will be something he likes. He doesn't have to be a Freddie for his fans to stick with him and support him. There can be few Freddies, but the other people are doing just fine, as will Adam. Music is his life and there will be something else out there for him. I sincerely believe that.

Why do you feel the want and to constantly defend AL and to big him up?
AL He's closer to a Broadway star than a rock star, IMO.
There can be a few Freddie's? No, there was only one who could be Freddie and guess who that was..

SweetCaroline

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 18:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Only one Freddie and only one Adam and, thankfully, only one icy and only one sweet caroline!

Can we go back to the topic of QAL in Vegas?

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 493 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Only one Freddie and only one Adam and, thankfully, only one icy and only one sweet caroline!

Can we go back to the topic of QAL in Vegas?

Agree. That would be nice.

I've read somewhere, that the first 2 shows were sold out. Is that true? If yes, that's a great start!

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 493 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

There can be a few Freddie's? No, there was only one who could be Freddie and guess who that was..

I have to say, that I got the same feeling like Snifflese from your last posts, that startet that argument: You seem to always include a little punsh against AL. I'm not sure, if you mean to provoke, but it looks like it. Your posts in this part of the forum always sound negative. If this is all so bad, maybe you can find something more positive to do?
Just my two cents, I don't want to be mean, I just thought it can be helpful for you to see, how your posts look to not really involved readers.
Cheers

SweetCaroline

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion, I heard that, too, that the first two shows sold out. It could be because it was the weekend when Vegas is the busiest as well as a long holiday weekend. However people are on vacation every day there.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I have to say, that I got the same feeling like Snifflese from your last posts, that startet that argument: You seem to always include a little punsh against AL. I'm not sure, if you mean to provoke, but it looks like it. Your posts in this part of the forum always sound negative. If this is all so bad, maybe you can find something more positive to do?
Just my two cents, I don't want to be mean, I just thought it can be helpful for you to see, how your posts look to not really involved readers.
Cheers

To be fair, I have said there was a particular Queen song that I like...and I really like...AL singing. Even that was mocked by someone. So be it. I don't post to please, my heart is always on my sleeve about things I like and don't like.
I'm not always negative. I'm not always happy. I'm me. Faults and all.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 23:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Save me! Save me! Save me! Save me! Save me!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 05 Sep 18, 00:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Save me! Save me! Save me! Save me! Save me!

Point proven. You even mocked me for likng DOOL.

SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline

Posted: 05 Sep 18, 00:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Streamers:

http://mixlr.com/dancygeorgia/
http://mixlr.com/tlivin/