Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QUEEN+ADAM LAMBERT DO VEGAS

forum rss feed
Author

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3473 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Sep 18, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

They seem to be really having a good time in Vegas!

SUre they do as the $$ are rolling in. That's all that matters anymore

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5026 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 18, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And the beat rolls on! The beat rolls on!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 Sep 18, 23:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“Stood next to a couple, HUGE Queen fans ,had never seen @adamlambert with them.They couldn’t believe it!Said Adam was phenomenal, incredible!The Guy has been a fan since he was 8,what he loved was that Adam was himself!Wished they could come to all the shows w us! @QueenWillRock”

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 Sep 18, 23:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hee Hee! Adam doing ballet in 4-inch heels:

“Ballet? no problems #AdamLambert @adamlambert Las Vegas 2018-09-08 youtube.com/watch?v=i5oPcg… via @TALCVids”

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 Sep 18, 23:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“If you're in Vegas this month you HAVE to see Queen & Adam Lambert! The sound in the Park MGM theatre was so awesome and the performance spectacular!! Loved every second of it. love @adamlambert”

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5120 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 18, 23:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you track the tweets or something? Hope you don't waste too much time and energy copying and pasting them.

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1851 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 18, 01:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So, any changes to the setlist so far?

See, that's the type of update that I continue coming back to this forum for but not even that I find.
Back in the Paul Rodgers days and even in the 2014 shows we had people updating us in real time as songs were played.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 10 Sep 18, 01:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wiley wrote:

So, any changes to the setlist so far?

See, that's the type of update that I continue coming back to this forum for but not even that I find.
Back in the Paul Rodgers days and even in the 2014 shows we had people updating us in real time as songs were played.

Nope, no changes.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 10 Sep 18, 01:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wiley, whatever they perform is top notch and awesome!

“Saturday night for our 25th wedding anniversary, my wife and I were in #LasVegas at the Park Theater to see @adamlambert and #Queen “The Crown Jewels”. @parkmgm Wow, Wow, Wow! Best concert ever! Thank you, Adam & Queen!”

SweetCaroline

Posted: 10 Sep 18, 02:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockin’ Elvis — Heartbreak Hotel, September 8:

http://youtu.be/LJiihJ59n4U

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 10 Sep 18, 03:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Wiley, whatever they perform is top notch and awesome!

“Saturday night for our 25th wedding anniversary, my wife and I were in #LasVegas at the Park Theater to see @adamlambert and #Queen “The Crown Jewels”. @parkmgm Wow, Wow, Wow! Best concert ever! Thank you, Adam & Queen!”

Some of the tweets you have been copying and pasting, are the same ones posted n Adamtopia. The one you quote here was posted earlier today. All you left out was the Twitter handle.
Why do you post these tweets at all?

Set list and song choices mean something to some of us.
I do think nothing will change set list wise for the rest of the shows.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 10 Sep 18, 06:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have never looked at Adamtopia. It looks like icy is the secret glambert in this forum and I am the diehard Queen fan since I post Brian’s tweets and interviews, buy his 3-D book and concert shirts and programs as well as tickets to their shows!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 10 Sep 18, 06:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I have never looked at Adamtopia. It looks like icy is the secret glambert in this forum and I am the diehard Queen fan since I post Brian’s tweets and interviews, buy his 3-D book and concert shirts and programs as well as tickets to their shows!

As you know I am no Glambert. As I know you aren't a Queen fan. Tee hee, you gave a laugh here ;-).
But you don't know what Queen things I have purchased. I know you have purchased tickets to Q+AL, but what music of Queen do you own? What of their back catalogue do you like or not like? Genuine question.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13316 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 18, 08:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Heads up, there will be a recording for Friday night’s show coming soon (*the show Brian was so happy with, he quipped on Instagram “this is the one to bootleg!”).
Just need to fix a couple of minor clicks caused by the microphone connector and listen to the whole recording to listen out for any others (let’s hope there aren’t any more!) that might require minor fixing as well.
Currently out and about in Germany for a few Nick Mason concerts this week, so soon as I’m somewhere with a strong enough wi-fi connection I’ll have it uploaded afterward :)

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2991 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 18, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^^^ looking forward to that.

Enjoy the Nick Mason gigs, he and his band have captured a long (almost) forgotten era of live Floyd.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 10 Sep 18, 15:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another glowing review:

“REVIEW September 8 #TheCrownJewels @QueenWillRock @adamlambert bring a must-see performance to the Strip" lasvegassun.com/news/2018/sep/…
"epic vocalist @adamlambert
"a rousing rock spectacle" "two legends in May and Taylor plus the enormous charisma and talent of @adamlambert "

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 10 Sep 18, 20:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

inu-liger wrote:

Heads up, there will be a recording for Friday night’s show coming soon (*the show Brian was so happy with, he quipped on Instagram “this is the one to bootleg!”).
Just need to fix a couple of minor clicks caused by the microphone connector and listen to the whole recording to listen out for any others (let’s hope there aren’t any more!) that might require minor fixing as well.
Currently out and about in Germany for a few Nick Mason concerts this week, so soon as I’m somewhere with a strong enough wi-fi connection I’ll have it uploaded afterward :)

Enjoy your travels! I'm really jealous about the Nick Mason shows.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 10 Sep 18, 23:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“Amazing show! I was there last Wednesday! Adam is doing a perfect job! The show is out of this world! I hope to see them again next year!”

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1851 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 18, 02:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian's website is no longer bothering to post gig setlists so it's no surprise they're sticking to the same setlist.
Don't get me wrong. It's an amazing show. Saw them 5 times with Paul in 2005-6; then 6 with Adam in 2014; 2 more in 2017 and this year's, for a total of 14 shows.
I must say some were better than others but I was sick of it by the 6th one in 2014. I promise not to overdo it again, especially since they don't really change the setlist and, even worse, their dialogs and interactions are all but scripted. I cringed at Brian's comment last year: "Oh, we're just playing around.. we can play anything we like" and then *spontaneously* transitions onto Somebody to Love's chords on guitar.... same monologue, same fake spontaneity, every night.

I'll see then again if they tour again near me in the future. I just don't do more than a couple of shows on the same tour again.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2427 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 18, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wiley wrote:

Brian's website is no longer bothering to post gig setlists so it's no surprise they're sticking to the same setlist.
Don't get me wrong. It's an amazing show. Saw them 5 times with Paul in 2005-6; then 6 with Adam in 2014; 2 more in 2017 and this year's, for a total of 14 shows.
I must say some were better than others but I was sick of it by the 6th one in 2014. I promise not to overdo it again, especially since they don't really change the setlist and, even worse, their dialogs and interactions are all but scripted. I cringed at Brian's comment last year: "Oh, we're just playing around.. we can play anything we like" and then *spontaneously* transitions onto Somebody to Love's chords on guitar.... same monologue, same fake spontaneity, every night.

I'll see then again if they tour again near me in the future. I just don't do more than a couple of shows on the same tour again.

They've a few days off now before the next show so it's possible they may make one or two changes but I can't see them altering much, it's a more casual audience for the Vegas shows, people picking up last minute tickets and maybe not knowing more than a few of the big hits.

Yeah they do stick pretty much to the same script but I would imagine most people don't go to loads of shows on the same tour although I know some of Adam's fans do. I only went to one so it didn't get old for me thankfully.