forum rss feed
Author

Richard Orchard user not visiting Queenzone.com
Change message in members area
Richard Orchard
Deity: 2681 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 18, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i am just amazed they don't bore themselves with the same thing time and time again.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5026 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 18, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why would they change what is working so well and getting such a great response from the audience?

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Sep 18, 15:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“johnchandlerofficial's IG post: "I’m always so amazed when my very talented friend @adamlambert takes the stage. The @ officialqueenmusic show in Vegas is incredible!”

http://www.instagram.com/p/BnhGY_2A1Ue/

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2991 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 18, 15:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Richard Orchard wrote:

i am just amazed they don't bore themselves with the same thing time and time again.

They were never a band who deviated greatly from the established setlist on any give tour.

Brian has said that he enjoys playing what he plays but doesn't see the point of making life difficult (or something along those lines).

The instant access the Internet provides makes things feel even more predictable.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2991 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 18, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wiley wrote:

. . . . . . especially since they don't really change the setlist and, even worse, their dialogs and interactions are all but scripted. I cringed at Brian's comment last year: "Oh, we're just playing around.. we can play anything we like" and then *spontaneously* transitions onto Somebody to Love's chords on guitar.... same monologue, same fake spontaneity, every night. QUOTE]

I agree with you, but go and listen to recordings of the Magic tour for lack of spontaneity. Same setlists, same Freddie lines about them not braking up etc.

In the mid 70's Brian's rehearsed "joke" about using an orchestra for 39. The placement night after night of gaps in the set where Freddie would address the crowd.

What they're doing now is not that much different to what they've always done.

By the Magic Tour they were essentially a greatest hits act, more so thirty years on. Yeah like you I'd love to hear something different but we are in minority. Almost all the audience owns greatest hits, but what percentage has every album. As soon as they play a "deeper cut" they are only playing to the people who have the album it appears on.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Sep 18, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They are doing Bicycle Race and I’m In Love With My Car. Aren’t those considered deep cuts?

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5922 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 18, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

They are doing Bicycle Race and I’m In Love With My Car. Aren’t those considered deep cuts?

Move over Greg Brooks, we've got a new player in town ...

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5120 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 18, 19:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen fans know that there is so much more to Queen than just the hits.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Sep 18, 19:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Good thing you are no expert about Queen. The things you say and ask at times is stupid. If you were a Queen fan, you would know the answer.
Short answer to your question is...No. Hardly deep cuts.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Sep 18, 23:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, is jwest93 another one of your weird buddies?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Sep 18, 23:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Icy, is jwest93 another one of your weird buddies?

He is a spammer, a spambot, I would say, can't you tell that much?! Your craziness is through the roof lately. Are you pissed because he made some threads sink lower on the forum or something?
Your are losing it sweetcaroline/CNB. Mind boggling what you throw out there.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 02:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fairydandy is a fool. He watches YouTube videos of QAL and thinks he is an expert on Adam. Adam does NOT “screech” and he is NOT “fat!” Also, he did NOT come in “third on X Factor.” LOL

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 03:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

fairydandy is a fool. He watches YouTube videos of QAL and thinks he is an expert on Adam. Adam does NOT “screech” and he is NOT “fat!” Also, he did NOT come in “third on X Factor.” LOL

You are a good one to call anyone a fool.
Expert this, expert that you say about people and posts you don't like, yet you didn't even know if two Queen songs were deeper cuts earlier today.
You are the fool. And once again, butthurt by what is said elsewhere that you can't reply to. What are you going to do until next May? Keep reading QOL and bring what is posted there that you have issues with to here? You should get one of your buddies to post for you because it seems to bother you that much.
Cry in your beer, darling ;-).

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 493 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

BR belongs in the greatest hits section.
IILWMC not. Roger loves the song and did it on other tours before. Fans love it, but it got the least applause from the audiences at my shows this past year. Many people in the audiences didn‘t know it. I would call it a deeper cut.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 13:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

IILWMC not. Roger loves the song and did it on other tours before. Fans love it, but it got the least applause from the audiences at my shows this past year. Many people in the audiences didn‘t know it. I would call it a deeper cut.

Hmm. Not sure f I would place IILWMC as a deeper cut, it was alongside Bohemian Rhapsody single back in the day, and most of us know what a huge deal and how popular Bohemian Rhapsody was and still is.

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Royalty: 1362 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

Richard Orchard wrote:

They were never a band who deviated greatly from the established setlist on any give tour.

Brian has said that he enjoys playing what he plays but doesn't see the point of making life difficult (or something along those lines).

The instant access the Internet provides makes things feel even more predictable.

---------

Well.... to be exact... Nowadays Brian plays what he feels that suits him. IN the early days Queen used to rehearse a lot, Work on the songs transposing thim to a live version quite a bit, make a few medleys a takin the risk on covering a few songs from other artist. Also the solo's from certain songs would be slightl different each night.

These days rehearsal is one week, playing the Greatest Hits album, make the same jokes (Adam saying: Robot Frank gives great head without these legends I would not be here) and It's quite clearly an overproduced show without any sponteanity.

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 493 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Sealion wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Hmm. Not sure f I would place IILWMC as a deeper cut, it was alongside Bohemian Rhapsody single back in the day, and most of us know what a huge deal and how popular Bohemian Rhapsody was and still is.

Who does actually own the original single of BoRhap? And then: Who knows its B-Side?
Only real Queen fans.

Many people at the gigs only know the Greatest Hits. And IILWMC is not one of them. If one is unsure of that, you can clearly see and hear that at any of their current gigs. The audience reactions speak volumes. Unfortunately.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 14:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Sealion wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Who does actually own the original single of BoRhap? And then: Who knows its B-Side?
Only real Queen fans.

Many people at the gigs only know the Greatest Hits. And IILWMC is not one of them. If one is unsure of that, you can clearly see and hear that at any of their current gigs. The audience reactions speak volumes. Unfortunately.

Not many, I can count how many people I know who owned the single on both hands.
Some don't even know the Greatest Hits ;-).
I still think it's a shame the Vegas run has been so predictable...because I will always say this, Queen are so much more than the hits. For the price of tickets, the guys could put a lesser know song in there, but it's pretty much hits only. I keep watching and listening to streams etc to see if anything will change.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1462 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion is correct. These shows are for the general fans, not the Queen fan that knows every fact there is to know about Queen and their music. Anything but the very biggest hits don't translate to the audience since the die hards are not the biggest part of the audience. They tried a couple of deeper cuts (take my breath away, I believe and something else.) in the States last tour and the momentum just tanked. It is hard to get that audience back to where it needs to be for a great concert. The band makes decisions on what they see in each concert, not what you guys would like. It is unfortunate, but a good business decision

As far as practice, they have played these songs a million times by now, what more do they need? They could play this stuff in their sleep. The songs are perfect and there are no mistakes or gaffes, so why waste precious enrgy on something you don't need to do? They are not 25 anymore. I don't understand the need to rehearse business. That would only be necessary with new songs. To be fair there are always a few songs that are added or subtracted. The audience gets what it wants. I am a Queen fan since the 1970's, not like you folks, but I am familiar with their music. The concerts suit me just fine. Just being there in that atrmosphere is electric. Add a song or two and I am a happy camper. It doesn't need a radical redo. The average fan is thrilled to death with the show!

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2427 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Sealion is correct. These shows are for the general fans, not the Queen fan that knows every fact there is to know about Queen and their music. Anything but the very biggest hits don't translate to the audience since the die hards are not the biggest part of the audience. They tried a couple of deeper cuts (take my breath away, I believe and something else.) in the States last tour and the momentum just tanked. It is hard to get that audience back to where it needs to be for a great concert. The band makes decisions on what they see in each concert, not what you guys would like. It is unfortunate, but a good business decision

As far as practice, they have played these songs a million times by now, what more do they need? They could play this stuff in their sleep. The songs are perfect and there are no mistakes or gaffes, so why waste precious enrgy on something you don't need to do? They are not 25 anymore. I don't understand the need to rehearse business. That would only be necessary with new songs. To be fair there are always a few songs that are added or subtracted. The audience gets what it wants. I am a Queen fan since the 1970's, not like you folks, but I am familiar with their music. The concerts suit me just fine. Just being there in that atrmosphere is electric. Add a song or two and I am a happy camper. It doesn't need a radical redo. The average fan is thrilled to death with the show!

Yeah unfortunately the lesser known songs just don't seem to connect, I remember being a bit bummed last year when they dropped IL & SYW, I was looking forward to them live but tbh once I was at the show I completely forgot about them, the show was just so well put together and just flowed that if they'd played them and half the audience didn't know them it would have been hard to get that flow back IMO.