Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QUEEN+ADAM LAMBERT DO VEGAS

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5031 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 17:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, why don’t you find another band to follow since you are always bitching about this one? Freddie and John are gone and Brian and Roger are doing what works. If you can’t attend a live performance you could at least have the good grace to shut up about it instead of taking up pages and pages griping about everything.

I won’t be going back to QOL because there are too many people there like you.

I sincerely hope the Freddie biopic movie is a huge success. Otherwise it will get the non-stop smear treatment like you/they have given to QAL for 6-1/2 years.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5128 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 18:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Icy, why don’t you find another band to follow since you are always bitching about this one? Freddie and John are gone and Brian and Roger are doing what works. If you can’t attend a live performance you could at least have the good grace to shut up about it instead of taking up pages and pages griping about everything.

I won’t be going back to QOL because there are too many people there like you.

I sincerely hope the Freddie biopic movie is a huge success. Otherwise it will get the non-stop smear treatment like you/they have given to QAL for 6-1/2 years.

I follow many bands thanks. No, I wouldn't say Freddie and John are gone, the legacy is still living on.
You clearly want me to shut up. I won't be doing it on your say so, thanks. Those digs, coming from from you is a bit rich, since you offer nothing but praise and promoting AL. You don't have a thought in your head other than everything is magnificent, perfect, great no matter what they do.
Of course you will be going back to QOL next May after your ban is over. You have been banned three or four times, and you went back and did the exact same thing as you always did. You never did learn, and you never will learn, because you think you never do anything wrong. Obviously, you still read QOL and you are pissed off at what some dare say about AL, and since you can't reply over there, you take it to here. Too many people like me on QOL? No, you are just pissed because you aren't there doing your usual. You are also pissed not everyone feels the way you do.
What matters to me about the biopic is that it does Freddie justice. I don't care about the money, or the awards regarding it. But I do think it could end up getting Queen many new fans like nothing else in recent years.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 19:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is your problem in a nutshell, Icy. Anyone who can say that Freddie isn't gone and John might as well be, as far as the touring is concerned, is living in a world of unreality.
I am so glad you are hoping that the movie gains new fans. What about the last 180 concerts? They have also gained tons of new fans, thank you very much. Just what I said, living in a world of unreality. You look forward to the movie gaining new fans, but have remained adamant that Queen doesn't need QAL since everyone knows the legacy without them. I am not sure why the movie would achieve new fans, but QAL doesn't? Kind of strange to me as any advertisement of Queen, whether a tour or a movie, should reach out to many new fans. Quess has at this point played to millions of fans over the last 6years. You don't think there are some new ones in that huge group? I know that animus is because of Adam. You like nothing that has to do with him and can't stand anyone saying anything nice about him.

Do you cut and past the ban crap every time? It is repeated so often, that you must do that!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 19:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

There is your problem in a nutshell, Icy. Anyone who can say that Freddie isn't gone and John might as well be, as far as the touring is concerned, is living in a world of unreality.
I am so glad you are hoping that the movie gains new fans. What about the last 180 concerts? They have also gained tons of new fans, thank you very much. Just what I said, living in a world of unreality. You look forward to the movie gaining new fans, but have remained adamant that Queen doesn't need QAL since everyone knows the legacy without them. I am not sure why the movie would achieve new fans, but QAL doesn't? Kind of strange to me as any advertisement of Queen, whether a tour or a movie, should reach out to many new fans. Quess has at this point played to millions of fans over the last 6years. You don't think there are some new ones in that huge group? I know that animus is because of Adam. You like nothing that has to do with him and can't stand anyone saying anything nice about him.

Do you cut and past the ban crap every time? It is repeated so often, that you must do that!

The legacy is still living on, so they are not entirely gone no.
Of course, bring up the concerts, tit for tat I suppose. I absolutely think the biopic could obtain many more Queen fans than the live shows.
There you go, twisting things again. I have said something is particular I liked and I really liked it that AL sang, but that's not good enough for a Glambert like you and sweetcaroline, obviously.
Yep, you and sweetcaroline sure make it obvious you want praise only and for AL only.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 19:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Save me! Save me! Save me! Save me! Save me! ROTFLMAO

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 19:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You totally miss the point! I give up!!!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 20:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Save me! Save me! Save me! Save me! Save me! ROTFLMAO

Yea, cause you need saving alright. Granny Glambert who wishes she had the job as a maid cleaning up AL's shit.
Jokes on you.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 22:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, sweetheart, you are despicable! That’s why I associate you with Donald Trump! I am a caring, positive person like Barack and Michelle Obama!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 22:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Icy, sweetheart, you are despicable! That’s why I associate you with Donald Trump! I am a caring, positive person like Barack and Michelle Obama!

Honey, you don't know me well enough to call me despicable. It says more about you than it does me, that you would compare anyone to Trump. You are pissed off and butthurt, no doubt.
And no, you aren't a caring, postive person, if you were you were, you wouldn't call anyone despicable. No dear, not in any way, shape or form you are like the Obama's...in your own twisted mind sure you think so, but no one else's. You sure think the worst of me, and the best of yourself...just goes to show. Don't ever take any responsibility or say sorry for when you mess up, and to always try to deflect and pass blame along, Glambert code and all that.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 13 Sep 18, 00:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“DrBrianMay In a truly historic astro observing spot ! Clyde Tombaugh’s telescope which he used to discover the planet Pluto. “PLANET ?!” I hear you exclaim ? Well that’s why we’re giving the ‘9’ salute here!”

http://www.instagram.com/p/Bno7EhhhvlL/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=1hyyf66n3ug10

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1851 posts

Posted: 13 Sep 18, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, Bicycle Race may not be a deep cut but they stopped playing it for 38 years or so so it's a welcome addition. IILWMC was a live staple for many years and they revived it in the Q+PR days, which carried into Q+AL too but not every time.
It's not like they don't know. It's just not who they are. They want the best possible setlist and get it just perfect every time. And it fucking works, I must say. They know what they're doing.

On the other hand, I remember Adam acknowledging the fact that many fans did go to many shows. I was in the audience in Atlantic City 2014 when they played Dragon Attack instead of Love Kills. and he said that. That was my 6th and last show that tour and I was glad to at least get that slight variation. Same in Leipzig 2005 (my 4th and last show that tour), when Brian played the second verse of '39 for the first time in that tour. Fucking crumbles, I know, but I'll take it! :)

The original 2017 setlist with It's Late and Spread your wings was a dream come true but they stopped playing them after a handful of shows.

I must say this.. as much as I love the sound & visuals during Brian's solo (perfected over 50 years now!), I wouldn't mind if they dropped it along with Roger's drum battle if that meant getting another seldom-played song in.

Dr Magus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 657 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

With their residency in Las Vegas the transition to karaoke tribute circus act is finally complete.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 12:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Karaoke tribute circus act? That isn’t very fair to Brian and Roger who are performing fantastically after all of these years!

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dr Magus wrote:

With their residency in Las Vegas the transition to karaoke tribute circus act is finally complete.

Well said - but htey have passed the point of ridiculousness long ago. Sad ending to once mighty musicians.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I said this in another thread, but I think after Vegas, there will be a lengthy break for Q+AL.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmon a lengthy break? Maylor will be in their mid 70s in 3 years. QAL is over after Vegas. The started low and ended at the bottom. With Freddie they went out on top at Knebworth in front of a 250.000plus crowd. With this "thing" on the mic they play in front of bored Vegas holiday folks who claim they have seen "Queen" after this mess. Sad ending ...

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 19:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

cmon a lentghy break? Maylor will wi in their mid 70s in 3 years. QAL is over after Vegas. The started low and ended at the bottom. With Freddie they went out on top at Knebworth in front of a 250.000plus crwod. With this "thing" on the mic they play in front of bored Vegas holiday folks who claim they have seen "Queen" after this mess. Sad ending ...

No one's bored, you clearly haven't seen the audience reaction or read the comments and I very much doubt they will be ending the collaboration after Vegas, they'll do at least another tour or some one off shows. My guess is they'll also do something special for the 50th anniversary.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

cmon a lengthy break? Maylor will be in their mid 70s in 3 years. QAL is over after Vegas. The started low and ended at the bottom. With Freddie they went out on top at Knebworth in front of a 250.000plus crowd. With this "thing" on the mic they play in front of bored Vegas holiday folks who claim they have seen "Queen" after this mess. Sad ending ...

I think so. I couldn't blame them, they worked their asses off touring.
I'd love it if Brian and Roger worked on Queen music that's left that includes Freddie and John. Or even solo music?

SweetCaroline

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QAL has performed before more than one 250,000 plus audience. It might have been half a million in Kiev Square in 2012. They did Rock in Rio in both Brazil and in Portugal as well as the Isle of Wight.

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 493 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Today Rock in Rio in Brasil holds an audience of about 80.000 people. I think it might be similar in Lisbon. There are no longer as many people allowed as in the old times.