forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5128 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 21:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

QAL has performed before more than one 250,000 plus audience. It might have been half a million in Kiev Square in 2012. They did Rock in Rio in both Brazil and in Portugal as well as the Isle of Wight.

Big up alert!!
Although I have to say AL is unlikely to ever get those numbers for his solo career.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 21:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was in Kiev for the first concert and can you imagine how scary that must have been? I have read numbers from 250,000 all the way to 400,000 depending on how far out they counted the audience. I have no idea the actual number, but it was at least 250,000. At this point in time over 181 shows, they have played for many, many millions of people!! Adam did say this was not the end of QAL. They will be doing more depending on how they feel. I also read that another residency in Las Vegas in March might be on the table. I don't know how the money doing Las Vegas (since audiences are much smaller) compares to the larger venues on a world tour. But it is easier on them and I am sure that transporting all the equipment all over the place takes a huge amount of money out of their profits. It will be interesting to see what else they do. I just hope sometime next year that they return to Connecticut.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 21:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

It was in Kiev for the first concert and can you imagine how scary that must have been? I have read numbers from 250,000 all the way to 400,000 depending on how far out they counted the audience. I have no idea the actual number, but it was at least 250,000. At this point in time over 181 shows, they have played for many, many millions of people!! Adam did say this was not the end of QAL. They will be doing more depending on how they feel. I also read that another residency in Las Vegas in March might be on the table. I don't know how the money doing Las Vegas (since audiences are much smaller) compares to the larger venues on a world tour. But it is easier on them and I am sure that transporting all the equipment all over the place takes a huge amount of money out of their profits. It will be interesting to see what else they do. I just hope sometime next year that they return to Connecticut.

Brian and Roger don't need money. AL might be another story, and no way should he depend on Brian and Roger, or even the Queen legacy. I think AL depends on it too much.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 21:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Unofficial poster, September 14, 2018:

http://www.adamlambertlive.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/QAL-180914-Las-Vegas_Albert.jpg

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Vegas acts seem to do well out of it, that's why it's become such a draw for artists who wouldn't have previously considered it. Gaga's reportedly set to earn more than a million dollars per show.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 21:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Unofficial poster, September 14, 2018:

http://www.adamlambertlive.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/QAL-180914-Las-Vegas_Albert.jpg

Seems no one bothers to find a good picture of Roger for these posters.
And of course, AL is the biggest image of all.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 21:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ha! Ha! I think icy depends on “AL” for what to write about in Queen forums. Without him (and me) she would have nothing to bitch about.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 22:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Ha! Ha! I think icy depends on “AL” for what to write about in Queen forums. Without him (and me) she would have nothing to bitch about.

Unlike you, I actually discuss Queen with Freddie. You use Queen boards as your lust, spam, about everything AL, and you envy, bitter crap when he doesn't do what you want him to do, and your envy and bitterness towards other artists, and your complaints about QOL.
Don't throw stones dearest, you haven't a leg to stand on.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 22:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hee! Hee! Yes, big image of Adam’s ear. Have you been to a shrink lately?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 22:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Hee! Hee! Yes, big image of Adam’s ear. Have you been to a shrink lately?

His arm that you love so much is shown! Or do you still love it since it's covered in tattoos?
No, really that is one of the worst unofficial posters I have seen yet. No shrink needed to say that ;-).

Posted: 15 Sep 18, 00:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, Brian and Roger don't need any money that is for sure, but they are still touring. The reason they tour, according to Brian, is because they enjoy it so much. I am sure, if you are a musician, there is nothing like the rush of playing for an audience and getting all that love and excitement from them. You make it sound as if Adam is begging them to tour with him and he can't do anything else. Brian always says they tour according to each of their schedules and they don't want to tour with any other singer. They love working together, based on everything I read and what I saw in the concerts I attended and what I see in all the pics and youtubes. They love touring together. It isn't a matter of making money off the Queen legacy. You always look at the negative and things that detract from Adam. How do you know they aren't begging Adam to tour since they enjoy it so much? Probably not, But I am sure it is a mutually beneficial. But it isn't as if there are no other options for Adam, relying on Queen. Broadway is always out there and who knows what else? Adam is not hanging on their coat tails, begging them to take him along and having no other options. That just isn''t so. Brian and Roger are getting as much out of this collaboration as Adam is.

I am curious where all your discussions of Queen and Freddie are on this thread? All I see are accusations and a list of things in the past that you are upset about. Where are these great discussions? Occasionally you ask someone what their opinion is, but normally you just sling mud. If you could point one out, that would be great, as I haven't read anything from you like that, that I can remember. I do see on this page alone how Caroline is lusting after Adam, the pics of Adam on posters are too large and where is Roger, and Adam is riding on Queen's coattails and never going to have huge numbers at his own concerts. Then you have the nerve to say that you like the guy when anyone mentions your negativity. Really? It is your usual stuff but nothing positive or worthy of discussion. You need to reread your posts and see what you really write on here and it isn't anything positive, educational or interesting.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 15 Sep 18, 00:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

???? SEP 14: QAL LAS VEGAS #6
Time: 8:00pm PDT, 11:00pm EDT
Clock: timeanddate.com/worldclock/fix…
Streams: mixlr.com/sandyrk/
mixlr.com/germanhacemusi…

SweetCaroline

Posted: 15 Sep 18, 00:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“@DrBrianMay Hello Las Vegas folks ! Eyes down for show number 6 in our run. We should be all rested and hot to trot !! Let’s Rock ! Bri”

http://www.instagram.com/p/BnuS_tmhusO/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=4kz42o97zfce

SweetCaroline

Posted: 15 Sep 18, 00:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“Little did I know that over a year ago when I was here in #LasVegas @TMobileArena to see Frank and @QueenWillRock @adamlambert @DrBrianMay that I’d be back this weekend 2c #TheCrownJewels #QAL residency #cantwait #soexcited #rockonlads”

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 15 Sep 18, 00:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

No, Brian and Roger don't need any money that is for sure, but they are still touring. The reason they tour, according to Brian, is because they enjoy it so much. I am sure, if you are a musician, there is nothing like the rush of playing for an audience and getting all that love and excitement from them. You make it sound as if Adam is begging them to tour with him and he can't do anything else. Brian always says they tour according to each of their schedules and they don't want to tour with any other singer. They love working together, based on everything I read and what I saw in the concerts I attended and what I see in all the pics and youtubes. They love touring together. It isn't a matter of making money off the Queen legacy. You always look at the negative and things that detract from Adam. How do you know they aren't begging Adam to tour since they enjoy it so much? Probably not, But I am sure it is a mutually beneficial. But it isn't as if there are no other options for Adam, relying on Queen. Broadway is always out there and who knows what else? Adam is not hanging on their coat tails, begging them to take him along and having no other options. That just isn''t so. Brian and Roger are getting as much out of this collaboration as Adam is.

I am curious where all your discussions of Queen and Freddie are on this thread? All I see are accusations and a list of things in the past that you are upset about. Where are these great discussions? Occasionally you ask someone what their opinion is, but normally you just sling mud. If you could point one out, that would be great, as I haven't read anything from you like that, that I can remember. I do see on this page alone how Caroline is lusting after Adam, the pics of Adam on posters are too large and where is Roger, and Adam is riding on Queen's coattails and never going to have huge numbers at his own concerts. Then you have the nerve to say that you like the guy when anyone mentions your negativity. Really? It is your usual stuff but nothing positive or worthy of discussion. You need to reread your posts and see what you really write on here and it isn't anything positive, educational or interesting.

Oh here you are. I figured you would be back.
Brian and Roger begging AL to tour. LMAO. It very well could be the other way around.
Time will tell what will happen for AL after Q+AL. He's the guy that has more to loose. With his solo career, he has changed his mind more than once about the genre he was going for.
Don't clap back at me for discussing Queen and Freddie. You don't even bother or care to so. You were the one who couldn't understand why Freddie is still being discussed, for pitys sake.
I have discussed Queen and Freddie, true it has been more on QOL than here...go search my posts. You know since you have claimed to have done it for 10 years.
You offer almost nothing but crap throwing, you had it in for from your very first post here, and long before that on QOL. You were a bitch enough to bring what I posted on QOL to here to say I did it for attention. Says the person who doesn't have guts right to go to to QOL and discuss my views about the biopic and AL over there.
You really aren't so innocent yourself although you try to protray yourself as innocent. Your hypocrisy is staggering. What are you really after here? It can't be to calm things down, cause you actually add to things. I guess you want me banned, or be all glowing about AL.

Posted: 15 Sep 18, 01:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, I don't want you to be glowing or banned, but you could be nice. All you do is criticize people and Adam. Look at all the mean things you have said on this page alone. You just find negative things to ding Adam all the time and criticize Caroline no matter what she posts. I don't get why you post here. You don't want to discuss anything yourself, just throw zingers at other people that you don't like. I don't see the point of it myself. I am not sure why I am being hypocritical. I don't call others out or criticize the band or Queen. I am just pointing out that what you think you do and what you really do on here, are two different things.

Guts has nothing to do with discussing your viewpoint on the movie premiere on QOL. I hardly ever post there and it would be pointless. This is where I post, so this is where I discussed it. I don't care if Adam is involved or not at the end of the day. But I don't see why anyone would object and for you, it is just to keep him from being in the limelight because you think he hasn't earned it. I don't happen to agree with that. I think it is just you being nasty because you don't like him. Adam doesn't take anything away from Freddie, which is what you are so afraid of. That is the only thing that makes any sense out of your behavior. There has to be a reason you dislike him so vehemently and that is what I think it is. You don't have to worry as your Idol is firmly planted in his spot in musical history. He doesn't need your protection and praising all the time, just like you tell Caroline about Adam. It is the same thing. Adam is my favorite singer but I am not caught up in his legacy, nor do I worry if he wins awards and things like that. Not all people think like you.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 15 Sep 18, 01:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

No, I don't want you to be glowing or banned, but you could be nice. All you do is criticize people and Adam. Look at all the mean things you have said on this page alone. You just find negative things to ding Adam all the time and criticize Caroline no matter what she posts. I don't get why you post here. You don't want to discuss anything yourself, just throw zingers at other people that you don't like. I don't see the point of it myself. I am not sure why I am being hypocritical. I don't call others out or criticize the band or Queen. I am just pointing out that what you think you do and what you really do on here, are two different things.

Guts has nothing to do with discussing your viewpoint on the movie premiere on QOL. I hardly ever post there and it would be pointless. This is where I post, so this is where I discussed it. I don't care if Adam is involved or not at the end of the day. But I don't see why anyone would object and for you, it is just to keep him from being in the limelight because you think he hasn't earned it. I don't happen to agree with that. I think it is just you being nasty because you don't like him. Adam doesn't take anything away from Freddie, which is what you are so afraid of. That is the only thing that makes any sense out of your behavior. There has to be a reason you dislike him so vehemently and that is what I think it is. You don't have to worry as your Idol is firmly planted in his spot in musical history. He doesn't need your protection and praising all the time, just like you tell Caroline about Adam. It is the same thing. Adam is my favorite singer but I am not caught up in his legacy, nor do I worry if he wins awards and things like that. Not all people think like you.

You could be nice as well. I'm not going to sit there and take lies said and spread about me. That's what sweetcaroline has done after each and every ban of hers, and she still believes, not only does she think I am the reason for her ban, but those bans of others. It's bullcrap. Someone even said months ago that her previous ban before her current one wasn't my fault...it was hers and hers only. But she chose to ignore that, as well her stories kept changing. No one would like lies said about them, right? Think about it, if the shoe was on the other foot, and I blamed you if I was banned. You wouldn't be happy.
No, of course you don't see yourself as hypocritical. I'm not surprised you think you aren't. You are however. You came here with an ax or worse to grind about me. Wanting me banned, something should be done, even wanting other people from QOL to march here for whatever cause you thought you had. Your posts are still here about it.
Freddie isn't my idol. He's someone I have much respect and admiration for because of his courage and music. I don't go on about how good looking he is, delve and spread things from his private life, post anything and everything I can find or come across about the man. When I do exactly that, then you can point your fingers at me.

I'm not afraid of AL taking anything away from Freddie. It would be impossible to do, even if I loved all things AL for AL to take anything aay from Freddie, I have no concerns about that. Do you see me blaming homophobia for Elton John, Sam Smith, George Michael, etc. No, you couldn't and no you cant. I think very differently than sweetcaroline does, I don't look at other artists with envy and bitterness to those who are in "competition" wih my favorite artist I don't pretend everything is perfect even it's not. That's her way of doing things regarding AL and Q+AL. Ya I am negative at times, but I'm not always negative. I'm not the one to see things as completely black and white. I never was and I may never be that type of person for anyone or anything.

Of course, you think my views about the biopic and AL are nasty. It's funny but not really surprising only you and sweetcaroline took and takes my views about that as nasty. You tell me why you want hm to be there? It's not his story and not his life. He doesn't have to be involved with everything possible to do with Freddie or Queen. Gosh, it's not like Brian and Roger and the Queen legacy haven't done anything for him before, is it now? That legacy from Queen have put him where he is these last few years, more than anyone else in the business.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 15 Sep 18, 05:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another full house in Vegas tonight and a fantastic periscope streamer!

My son stopped in while I was streaming and said something I hadn’t thought of before.

He said if Freddie was still living he probably wouldn’t be hitting those high notes at age 72 and that’s why it make sense for the Queen guys to be touring with a young guy like Adam!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 15 Sep 18, 06:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Another full house in Vegas tonight and a fantastic periscope streamer!

My son stopped in while I was streaming and said something I hadn’t thought of before.

He said if Freddie was still living he probably wouldn’t be hitting those high notes at age 72 and that’s why it make sense for the Queen guys to be touring with a young guy like Adam!

Do you honestly expect if Freddie was still alive he would be hitting the high notes? I wouldn't.
High notes aren't everything by the way.

runner_70 user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 18, 10:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He might hit high notes but still sounds like a goat being raped (which he might enjoy lol)