Deity: 5122 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 May 18, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

GrowUpGlamberts wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Whatever Brian and Roger have done in the past or do in the future since Freddie and John are no longer with them has been fine with me. I don’t take up tons of bandwidth bitching about what they should be doing. I accept what they are doing and support it. Some day none of them will be living and performing so I believe they should be appreciated and enjoyed NOW !!!!’

You do realise that John probably has more jurisdiction over Queen as a touring entity than Brian, Roger and Adam combined, right? If he ever feels that he wants to pull the plug on the whole thing, he has the power to do so. He doesn't because the cheques keep coming.

Don't see how that makes sense, why would John have more rights than Brian & Roger regarding what they do, there were four equals in the band and in reality he was the last to join the band after Freddie so it makes even less sense.

I don't think John being the last to join the band means he has no say or the least to say in what goes on. He sure was vocal about Robbie Williams a few years back, and that was after he retired. He has been pretty quiet since, I think.
How much say he has...who knows. I do know some think because he hasn't stated anything about Q+AL publicly, that it must mean it has his full support. I think...and I hope he is enjoying his private life, he's sure earned the right to it. I have much respect and admiration for him.
( I hope this post makes sense. If it doesnt it's because I'm on heavy duty medications. Not using that as an excuse, but I feel like I should explain after sweetcarolines/CNB's post above.)

I imagine he has as much say, I was just confused as to why he should have more than Brian & Roger. I don't think anyone really knows what John thinks of the situation, he seems to have gone to ground and become a bit of a recluse. Judging from the things Roger said in interview a while back it sounds like they don't really keep in touch with him, John's choice it sounded like, but he did say he's still involved in the finances. Hope you're feeling ok, not fun when you have to take heavy duty meds.

I hope John is happy and healthy and enjoying his retirement. He clearly vaues his privacy. I'd like to know in many ways what he thinks of things going on, but I doubt he will ever say so.
( Thanks. It can be difficult )

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly

Posted: 10 May 18, 19:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm really shocked by the ticket prices. I know quite a few people who had a hard time buying tickets.
Hope everyone enjoys the shows and it goes well. And I really hope these aren't the last shows. Dare I say it here too, but I wouldn't mind if there would be special guests, especially on the 5th of September to Mark Freddie's birthday.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5026 posts

Posted: 11 May 18, 15:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was in Vegas for a week last June with my cousin so unfortunately I won’t be able to go there again in September. I did see QAL in July in Cleveland and the show was magnificent. And that is not because of Adam but because of all six of the superbly talented men in this show! I heartily recommend it to anyone who has not enjoyed it yet!

*goodco* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1373 posts

Posted: 11 May 18, 19:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I'm really shocked by the ticket prices. I know quite a few people who had a hard time buying tickets.
Hope everyone enjoys the shows and it goes well. And I really hope these aren't the last shows. Dare I say it here too, but I wouldn't mind if there would be special guests, especially on the 5th of September to Mark Freddie's birthday.

Name a show in Vegas that is inexpensive. We paid around $200 each for The Bealtes' 'Love' five years ago, and around $50-75 each for The Titanic Exhibit.

What you take to Vegas, stays in Vegas.....namely, your cash!

"Discretionary posting is the better part of valor." Falstaff
Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 May 18, 23:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*goodco* wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Name a show in Vegas that is inexpensive. We paid around $200 each for The Bealtes' 'Love' five years ago, and around $50-75 each for The Titanic Exhibit.

What you take to Vegas, stays in Vegas.....namely, your cash!

Honestly, I wouldn't know how expensive many other Vegas shows are.
I just hope people get their moneys worth for these shows. I wouldn't mind if they changed the set list up, but I'm not expecting it.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 May 18, 23:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I was in Vegas for a week last June with my cousin so unfortunately I won’t be able to go there again in September. I did see QAL in July in Cleveland and the show was magnificent. And that is not because of Adam but because of all six of the superbly talented men in this show! I heartily recommend it to anyone who has not enjoyed it yet!

Do you get a cut of the profits or something? ;-).

SweetCaroline

Posted: 12 May 18, 13:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

People get more than their money’s worth at a show that features Queen music no matter what songs are on the set list! Brian, Roger, Adam, Spike, Neil and Trevor are professional musicians and their lighting and sound crews are perfectionists!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 12 May 18, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oops, correction: Tyler Warren is the percussionist along with Roger!

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 493 posts

Posted: 12 May 18, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I decided not to fly to Las Vegas. For a price less than the costs of the cheapest ticket there, I can buy a standing ticket in Europe, walk simply to the venue in late afternoon and get to stand in the front row. OK, sometimes 2nd row, depends on the city, the weather and the date. ;) And I‘m going to do that next month.

And my experience is, that the atmosphere at a gig can’t be better than in a standing crowd, singing Queen’s songs and clapping along. So, no theater for me. Maybe I will see Vegas sometime else in my life...

From what I‘ve seen the ticket prices even went up after the official ticket sale started. Good for all the fans, who already have theirs.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 May 18, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

People get more than their money’s worth at a show that features Queen music no matter what songs are on the set list! Brian, Roger, Adam, Spike, Neil and Trevor are professional musicians and their lighting and sound crews are perfectionists!

You are just happy that AL is the one singing the songs. Nothing else matters for you about these shows. AL could read the phone book and you would still be happy. You don't understand why some of us ( Queen fans especially )would like to hear some other songs.
It would be a big shame if they completely shelved DOOL for the Vegas run. A more intimate show, I think it would do very well in that setting. I imagine greatest hits only type of show, no surprises...nothing new.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 May 18, 20:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

I decided not to fly to Las Vegas. For a price less than the costs of the cheapest ticket there, I can buy a standing ticket in Europe, walk simply to the venue in late afternoon and get to stand in the front row. OK, sometimes 2nd row, depends on the city, the weather and the date. ;) And I‘m going to do that next month.

And my experience is, that the atmosphere at a gig can’t be better than in a standing crowd, singing Queen’s songs and clapping along. So, no theater for me. Maybe I will see Vegas sometime else in my life...

From what I‘ve seen the ticket prices even went up after the official ticket sale started. Good for all the fans, who already have theirs.

I looked up prices for shits and giggles. If I were to attend it would cost thousands. Yikes. I wasn't lying before when I said I couldn't go to an of the shows, there is no chance for me to go any of the Vegas shows.
How is it possible for price to go up even more? :O

SweetCaroline

Posted: 12 May 18, 23:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ha! Ha! Icy you don’t hear any of their songs because you are not there! DOOL is not their signature song BTW! I like it but the audience goes crazy over BoRhap!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 13 May 18, 00:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Ha! Ha! Icy you don’t hear any of their songs because you are not there! DOOL is not their signature song BTW! I like it but the audience goes crazy over BoRhap!

I have admitted before I wasn't there. But I still love the song.
You are again mocking me for liking that song? Out of all the things you mock and bitch at me for it's DOOL?!
Clearly, you don't know the first thing about the song and video. It's the last Queen video. The last time Freddie did a video with the others. Last time he appeared on video, I think. It took a courageous man and his friends ( although I think Brian wasn't there on the day)to do that video. It's beautiful, it's inspiring, it's emotional. Not the easiest Queen song to listen to or watch, but I actually think you should. Then you can come back to me and bitch at me for liking it so much. It is an important part of Queens history.But clearly you will never even try to understand any of that.

I'd love to see AL ever do something that momentus, inspiring and courageous. I don't think he ever has and doubt he ever will frankly.
As for Bohemian Rhapsody, I think it's a shame AL has taken that song over pretty much. A selfish move whoever had that idea to take Freddie's parts out.
Sometimes you really prove how uncaring, thoughtless and insensitive you can be, you are that way here.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 13 May 18, 00:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have seen DOOL performed IN PERSON. You are not the final authority on Queen!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 13 May 18, 00:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I have seen DOOL performed IN PERSON. You are not the final authority on Queen!

That's all you have as a "comeback". Can you admit to actually knowing or not knowing about the video and song with Freddie? I think you dont know and care to know going by your reaction here. You'd much rather try to deflect and point your fingers at me...once again.
Who has said I was a final authority on Queen? Not me that's for sure. I was trying to make you see the history about the song and video and why I like the song so much. You come to bitch that I'm not the final authority on Queen. And that's a lousy, shitty comeback if it even be called that.
You sure as hell think things don't matter unless it's AL singing the songs. You might try learning a few things about Queen history before you look more like a fool and being spiteful enough to bitch me out for liking the song.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 13 May 18, 01:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

These Are The Days Of Our Lives, including the video was included in this tour:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_%2B_Adam_Lambert_Tour_2014%E2%80%932015

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 13 May 18, 01:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

These Are The Days Of Our Lives, including the video was included in this tour:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_%2B_Adam_Lambert_Tour_2014%E2%80%932015

Yes, I know it was performed during some Q+AL tours...I don't need or want to click on your link, why even bother postng that link. Too bad DOOL didn't stay in the set list. And go ahead, mock me, but it's a song, and a highlight for me of the Q+AL shows when it was performed. Beats the shitty crown, cape, bike, couch, etc than AL has done, that for damn sure.

In case you can't tell I was posting above about the video and song history from 1991. You really should look up things before you bitch me out, especially for the reasons ( you will never even begin to try to understand that ) why it's such an important song and video.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 13 May 18, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, icy, you need to click on that link to see that TATDOOL was performed at many QAL shows and not just “some” of them. But you won’t look because then you won’t be able to bitch about it which is what you do best besides claiming that only you are a faithful Queen fan! And you can’t approve of the QAL collaboration because that is being disloyal to Freddie!

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 493 posts

Posted: 13 May 18, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have no idea, why the two of you always seem to end up fighting about one fucking song.

But to settle it: here are all the stats for that one:
http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/queen-43d6e37f.html?song=These+Are+the+Days+of+Our+Lives

When you click on the artists, who performed it, you can see exactly, when and where they did it.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 13 May 18, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion, that’s icy’s beef, not mine! I accept whatever Brian and Roger decide for their set lists because THEY know best. I thought I would be unhappy if they didn’t include It’s Late and Spread Your Wings in the show I saw last July, but the show was so magnificent anyway, it didn’t matter!