Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QUEEN+ADAM LAMBERT DO VEGAS

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5026 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Sep 18, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ha! Says the kettle to the pot or the pot to the kettle. Where have you been, Icy? On vacation in Hawaii? : - )

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5122 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 18, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Ha! Says the kettle to the pot or the pot to the kettle. Where have you been, Icy? On vacation in Hawaii? : - )

Family emergency. My father had to have brain surgery, and I and the rest of my family are waiting for results...since you 'ask'.
I managed to catch up on the two last shows. I think there won't be another Vegas residency for Q+AL.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 28 Sep 18, 21:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Best wishes for a good recovery for your father. I’m sorry to hear that news! Take care!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 28 Sep 18, 23:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Best wishes for a good recovery for your father. I’m sorry to hear that news! Take care!

You know something... genuine thanks for that. I won't go into detail, but I've been frantic with worry and stress. I still am honestly.
You take care too....and I mean that genuinely.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1462 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 18, 04:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let me throw in my good wishes for recovery and for you to try to destress and feel better. I am so sorry, Icy, as I remember you had a problem with your mom who was on oxygen recently. A storm possibly knocking out the electric, I think. I can't imagine having to deal with two ill parents. I am sooo sorry and hope things will get better for you, your dad, and your whole family soon. It is amazing how people are recovering from brain surgery nowadays!!! You may be surprised how much better your dad will be after the surgery. Please take care and I am sending prayers your way!!!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Sep 18, 05:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Let me throw in my good wishes for recovery and for you to try to destress and feel better. I am so sorry, Icy, as I remember you had a problem with your mom who was on oxygen recently. A storm possibly knocking out the electric, I think. I can't imagine having to deal with two ill parents. I am sooo sorry and hope things will get better for you, your dad, and your whole family soon. It is amazing how people are recovering from brain surgery nowadays!!! You may be surprised how much better your dad will be after the surgery. Please take care and I am sending prayers your way!!!

Thanks, snifflese. My parents are elderly, and it's difficult to see them so ill. I don't know what type of news there will be on Saturday about my dad.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3473 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 18, 06:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hope for a speedy recovery

SweetCaroline

Posted: 29 Sep 18, 18:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“#QALDVDrumour taxi driver in Vegas told me he had been driving a documentary crew who were filming a DVD to be released with BoRhap movie DVD. Possibly the basis of all the filming going on?”

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Sep 18, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Hope for a speedy recovery

Thanks man.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Sep 18, 21:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

“#QALDVDrumour taxi driver in Vegas told me he had been driving a documentary crew who were filming a DVD to be released with BoRhap movie DVD. Possibly the basis of all the filming going on?”

All shows are filmed. Personally, I can't see a documentary about Q+AL being included with the biopic DVD. I hope it doesn't happen, it should be a stand alone releases...if there will be a Q+AL documentary in the first place.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 30 Sep 18, 00:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe they are referring to filming the journalists who were wined and dined in LA on September 5th (Freddie’s birthday) for the biopic preview and then flown by private jet to Vegas where they watched the QAL Crown Jewels Show?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 30 Sep 18, 01:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Maybe they are referring to filming the journalists who were wined and dined in LA on September 5th (Freddie’s birthday) for the biopic preview and then flown by private jet to Vegas where they watched the QAL Crown Jewels Show?

Maybe. I actually hope you are right.
But all Q+AL concerts are filmed, I think Brian especially wants footage of it. If there will will be a Q+AL DVD, I just hope it's not put together with Queen products. It was surprising to me when Q+AL was included on he NOTW documentary. Not the best idea there.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 30 Sep 18, 02:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is a NOTW documentary?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 30 Sep 18, 02:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yes, from nearly a year ago to mark 40 years of the album. I saw it on PBS a few months back. There was a little snippet of Q+AL included. It's actually very good and worth it to watch....Queen Rock The World is the name of it.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 21266 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 18, 22:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yes, from nearly a year ago to mark 40 years of the album. I saw it on PBS a few months back. There was a little snippet of Q+AL included. It's actually very good and worth it to watch....Queen Rock The World is the name of it.

...except for the Lambert part. It is tacky and unnecessary.

The version on the NOTW box set is better, because it has more 1977 footage in place of the recent stuff.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1462 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 05:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any update on your dad, Icy? I have been thinking of you off and on all weekend. I hope there is news and that it is good!!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 05:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Real Wizard wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

...except for the Lambert part. It is tacky and unnecessary.

The version on the NOTW box set is better, because it has more 1977 footage in place of the recent stuff.

I didn't want be the first one to say that ;-).
I don't know why Q+AL was even added to it.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 05:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Any update on your dad, Icy? I have been thinking of you off and on all weekend. I hope there is news and that it is good!!

It was a tumor, thats why his brain surgery was so important and had to be removed as soon as possible. I don't know if it was fully removed just yet.
There were tests on his abdomen mass on Sunday. He's still in the hospital with no word or even a hint when he might be released.
It's a terrible, scary time.
Thanks again snifflese. It means a lot.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 21266 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 08:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All the best to your dad. Hope he pulls through.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 2427 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 18, 09:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

snifflese wrote:

It was a tumor, thats why his brain surgery was so important and had to be removed as soon as possible. I don't know if it was fully removed just yet.
There were tests on his abdomen mass on Sunday. He's still in the hospital with no word or even a hint when he might be released.
It's a terrible, scary time.
Thanks again snifflese. It means a lot.

Really sorry to hear that you must be worried sick, really hope things improve soon.