Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QUEEN+ADAM LAMBERT DO VEGAS

forum rss feed
Author

snifflese user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1462 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jul 18, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, if anyone were to read the long rants about the rages and wanting you banned and posting pics on here, I think they would decide you are going off the deep end. I am not ranting or raging or hurling insults, all of which you do just fine on your own. I think runner is having a bad effect on you, like one bad apple kind of thing? Since when do you tell people to F off?

I was simply trying to explain in a rational way why all these tiny tidbits weren't important. It is simply whether or not you like the music. Nothing can change that. That is the bottom line. Freddies wearing a cape at some past moment in time doesn't change whether or not the music moves you. I don't know how else to tell you that. As far as the trivia, I have not learned one thing about Queen history that is important or relevant from you.You always bring up capes and things like that, not a big earth shattering factoid. You talk all about Queen's history, but you never say anything that I can learn from. Where is all this golden knowledge? Sure isn't from you or runner, your good buddy now! It is always rants and telling people off and throwning out capes and such. What I meant by throwing Queen's history at me is that that is what you always write. Glamberts don't know anything and basically we are stupid BUT You never share anything that might be interesting or new. It is not that I am averse to learning something relevant, but you never have anything interesting to say. You just scream we need to know Queen's history. I doubt Brian would be too upset about saying what I did. I think they would be less pleased with the names Adam is called and how little they seem to factor into Queen's history. It seems to be just about Freddie and that is what I don't understand and have a huge problem with and you are one of the biggest offenders in that regard.

When you have something interesting to write, I would enjoy that. But so far with me at least, you are missing the mark.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5026 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 18, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Change of subject: I happened onto a Jeff Lynne ELO concert at Wembley Stadium from last November being shown last night on Showtime TV that was soooo impressive that I immediately ordered a DVD of it from Amazon. Wow were they great! In the 70’s I was too busy getting married and raising kids to follow various music groups. I became more into it when MTV started in the 80’s. I remember that’s where I first saw the amazing Bohemian Rhapsody video. In our house we had two kids who were going bonkers over Duran Duran!

snifflese user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1462 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 18, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is and was my brother's favorite band!! I think their music is awesome. In our house I had two boys that played guitar, piano and drums and it was heavy metal all the way. Probably why Iron Maiden, S bbath and Priest were and still are some of my fav bands later in life!!! I like Arrowsmith quite well and find Steven Tyler a hoot! Found them through the kid's also. We were stationed in Germany and Japan and as you said, having kids and being busy made it hard to find out about new music in the 1980's.. There was no time. Now there is the internet and youtubes where you find new stuff. There are a lot of things I find negative about the internet, but learning about new music isn't one of them. Queen was a band I knew about in the 1970's before the boys and I have always loved them! Sabbath my brother also loved and I have some of their very early stuff!! The others it took the kids and the internet to appreciate!!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 28 Jul 18, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese, we have a lot in common. If you or your brother are interested, that concert is called “Jeff Lynne’s ELO Wembley or Bust” from November, 2017.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 28 Jul 18, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now they are touring in NA in August and in the U.K. in October!

queenUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com
...... as it began
queenUSA
Bohemian: 610 posts

Posted: 31 Jul 18, 05:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I’m going! Sept 19th.

I'll be right behind you, right until the ends of the Earth
runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3473 posts

Posted: 31 Jul 18, 05:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My condolonces. Seems fitting as Quern songs are buried

queenUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com
...... as it began
queenUSA
Bohemian: 610 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 18, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^^ Ahh, the hate U give. Keep your silly condolences! I will be having a really good time! I’m on Brian’s side of the stage. And you’ll still be right here bummed out. snif, snif ... tissue for you?

I'll be right behind you, right until the ends of the Earth

Posted: 02 Aug 18, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No why? Wont see Queen songs being butchered so its a win for me

SweetCaroline

Posted: 02 Aug 18, 21:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“adamlambert IG - We’re less than a month away from our ten show limited run at @parktheaterlv in Las Vegas!! If you haven’t already get your tickets at ticketmaster.com/queen @officialqueenmusic

http://www.instagram.com/p/Bl_aDtCF79P/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=l8fb2rpxxdsj

Posted: 03 Aug 18, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seems like a "worst of " the ladyboy video. Was about to vomit

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 493 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 18, 21:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

“adamlambert IG - We’re less than a month away from our ten show limited run at @parktheaterlv in Las Vegas!! If you haven’t already get your tickets at ticketmaster.com/queen @officialqueenmusic

http://www.instagram.com/p/Bl_aDtCF79P/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=l8fb2rpxxdsj

Looks really interesting. Will there be a live recording of this tour? A DVD/bluray? Or was there only one camera following Lambert around that night?

SweetCaroline

Posted: 04 Aug 18, 01:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think one or both of the shows at the O2 were being filmed so I hope there will be an official DVD available for purchase. The only one so far was from Japan.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5122 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 18, 01:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I think one or both of the shows at the O2 were being filmed so I hope there will be an official DVD available for purchase. The only one so far was from Japan.

The shows are always filmed. If there will be a live DVD, please be less expensive than the Japanese one. That was outrageous.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 04 Aug 18, 04:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was being professionally filmed those two days!

Posted: 04 Aug 18, 04:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe they are shooting a docu called "how to destroy a legend"

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5122 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 18, 04:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

They are always professionally filmed. I think Brian thinks it as a keepsake on film sort of thing.

rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 2427 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 18, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

They are always professionally filmed. I think Brian thinks it as a keepsake on film sort of thing.

There seems to be a lot of people who think they were being filmed for a DVD, I think at the 02 there were signs up about the filming that aren't usually and at one of those shows Brian got the audience to do the slow stomp stomp clap for WWRY, said it was for the movie so I'm guessing they needed some extra sound for that part as well. Someone mentioned them filming the Marlay Park one for a DVD as well, don't know if they're just speculating but they were filming backstage stuff as well. I personally hope they do one, it they aren't gonna record new music together I think they should do a live DVD at least after this long touring together.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2991 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 18, 13:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

They always take a live feed from the video cameras and record from that. This is very different to filming the gig with a film crew.

Yes both o2 shows were filmed, also the load in and out and as you already know back stage footage was also shot. Wembley was also recorded but not filmed.

Brian actually posted on his site that they had filmed the shows but didn't confirm a DVD but mentioned a documentary.

Does this guarantee a live DVD. Who knows. They also filmed Australian dates on the previous tour which Roger said would be released but nothing has come out of that.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 04 Aug 18, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I hadn’t already made two trips to Florida this year to visit family, I might still try to get to Vegas for these shows.

I’m confident there will be some devoted “ninjas” there live streaming and video taping but it is never the same as being there in person!