forum rss feed
Author

The Real Wizard user is on Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20305 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 May 18, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rick wrote:

I wonder if Under Pressure with Bowie will be part of the movie.

It'd be one more person to legally work out things with. So I doubt it.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
The Real Wizard user is on Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20305 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 18:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Biggus Dickus wrote:

They probably included John doing backing vocals because the general public doesn't know he didn't actually sing on the records. They've probably seen him doing backing vocals on music videos and live releases. It's just easier for the public Joe to see John singing so they don't have to start wondering in the middle of the movie why one of the guys isn't singing. Also there probably isn't that much material of John in the movie and of course from the point of artistic licence it's better to put John there with the rest of the guys.

John mimed in many videos, and even at their live shows.

If he's seen singing in the movie, then we'll just have to deal with it. 99.9999% of people will not notice or care about such minute details like that.

The movie is being made for them, not people on this forum.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "1974" setlist with Fat Bottomed Girls was deliberately done to piss off people on forums like this one.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
Biggus Dickus user not visiting Queenzone.com
Biggus Dickus
Bohemian: 503 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^^ Spot on.

Day dop user not visiting Queenzone.com
Day dop
Royalty: 1117 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 18:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When the movie fades to black...

"24 November 1991, Freddie Mercury died from complications due to AIDS.

Queen went on to continue their success, with a young singer called ADAM LAMBERT!

"We really think he's just as good, y'know? No really!" - Brian and Roger 2018"

Seriously though, I hope they don't soil the movie by shoehorning Lambert in on the end somehow. It kinda bugged me that he got included in the documentary in the the News of The World set recently. It's like wheeling out a turd on a wheelbarrow as far as I'm concerned.

musicland munich user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bayern - Bavaria
musicland munich
Royalty: 1648 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually it looks okay to me.
The flaws are hand picked by Greg Brooks for kicks.

Munich - Cocaine and low taxes !

You can add me on FB - Musicland Munich QZ - don`t miss the QZ !
k-m user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 18:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@DayDop

Couldn't agree more!

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3364 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 19:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why can't get past the Freddie character...I think the original guy, Cohen? Looked a lot more natural. Brian is spot on though.

bucsateflon user not visiting Queenzone.com
bucsateflon
Bohemian: 393 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is some accuracy in this
When Mike Myers says "it goes on forever... 6 minutes" John Deacon's face expression of Judas without faith is pretty much historically accurate.

fuckers
Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1804 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 20:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do we know who Mike Myers is playing? There's an EMI logo on the wall so i assume it's some record exec.

Your Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
Your Fairy King
Bohemian: 213 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

john bodega wrote:

.....maybe some stuff about Adam Lambert.

Get the fuck out of here!

NOidea user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 43 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 21:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to say....despite my cynical attatude...im quite impressed, they seem to have done a good job thus far..so i give the trailer the thumbs up, it is entertaining..dare i say even fun.

I havent read all the replies but im guessing some hate it whatever,like they own queen or some weird miserable snobbery, but the reality seems that its not terrible atall (thinking channel five documentary's here).

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3364 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 21:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yea, definitely some good points in this trailer. Not sold on The Mercury character. The Mustache looks fake and the wig.

Stardust Parade user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stardust Parade
Rocker: 27 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 21:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tbh, I think they should have used the actor who portrayed Freddie in the documentary "The Great Pretender". Whatever though. It's a movie about Queen, so I'll watch it.

Marcos Napier user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 629 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 22:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course there will be many that will love this, but... no, thanks. The looks of the characters are absolutely strange and distracting to me (I remember seeing one Beatles movie exactly like that, the actors looked so strange that it was distracting, not to say hilarious) although the overall scenarios seem fine. Only the young Roger looks OK from what I have seen (although I haven't seen the acting...), and the Freddie guy in the moustache days look slightly better than expected. And did I see John singing the operatic version of BoRhap or what? Or it was just some kind of scene of the making of the promo video or even STL's video mixed up with the wrong song just for the trailer? Poetic license my ass. And these wigs, OMG. Low budget? The script isn't really that important at this point. I'm sorry but it looks too Bollywood for me, despite all Freddie's heritage from India.

stevelondon20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 492 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John Blunt is who you are referring to Stardust.

Marcos Napier user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 629 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 22:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Surely the real story here is that Fred's favourite singer, Paul Rodgers, ended up replacing Fred as the lead singer of Queen. If the screenplay extended beyond Live Aid they could've included Rodgers and the film could've then ended on a happy, upbeat note. They could have had Chuck Norris play Rodgers. "

This will happen in the BoRhap 2 ("The Return of the Gods" or something). And in the movie #3 (there can't be only one, said Queen Productions Ltd.)... well you know who will be the star.

Golden Salmon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 22:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I liked it! I mean, I am in full "suspension of disbelief" mode in order to enjoy this. You just can't expect it to be fully accurate, at best it's a dramatization of the real events. Malek isn't convincing enough to make me think he's Freddie, but honestly, how could that possibly happen anyway? I agree that this is for the masses first, and Queen fans later.

It's like the times I went to see tribute bands. They may dress up like them, they may be competent performers and pretty much nail the songs, but they're still way off. However, you just can't enjoy these things if you expect them to be too close to the real deal. As soon as it became obvious I wasn't at a Queen concert (duh), I started to have fun. You can dislike this movie and never watch it, but if you have unreasonable hopes, you're making fools of yourselves.

Cruella de Vil user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cruella de Vil
Bohemian: 364 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 23:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It may be good but Deacy recording backing vocals (for anything, let alone Bo Rhap), and Fat Bums in a concert set list from 1974 are just careless and glaring errors. I can't wait to see Roger and Fred having a stoush!

Shvili user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 112 posts

Posted: 15 May 18, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The trailer was carried by Queen songs and that's why the public responded to it so well.
When it comes to the actual film, it's going to be a different story..only so much music you can play in a film.

From what saw in the Trailer, reinforced the fear i had since watching the first live aid outtakes. Rami was not capturing Freddie then (honestly his moves and mannerisms looked silly) and i don't think he ever managed to do it.
Hope I'm wrong.

Nothing really matters in the end.
MamaQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 487 posts

Posted: 16 May 18, 00:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know. I kind of liked the trailer. I'm going to wait to watch the movie after a few of you guys watch it and then I'll see. I don't want to be disappointed like when I went to see the musical WWRY

Freddie es como Carlos Gardel: cada dia canta mejor.