Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Full Bohemian Rhapsody trailer

forum rss feed
Author

Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2448 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 May 18, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are we there yet? I am really looking forward to seeing it on the big screen!

Cheers,

Ogre-

Keep Passing the Open Windows
SpaceGrey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 16 May 18, 11:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I so understand that we will see in the film record process of songs :-)

fly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 126 posts

Posted: 16 May 18, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This actor looks much more like Mick Jagger or David Johansen (New York Dolls)

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3364 posts

Posted: 16 May 18, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder how this movie will do in the box office...especially In America. And will it touch base on the last year of his life. I know the movie ends with live Aid, but they could still show Freddie in the last moments or perhaps even recording his last songs. Then end it with live Aid, on a high note.

Secretfantasy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 16 May 18, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any complaints..Gregs fb..

Attachment: 2018516790966436.png 2 MB
This has been downloaded 125 time(s).

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 3723 posts

Posted: 16 May 18, 15:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Geez... he's scarier than i would've thought.

Right down to the two headed deer

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
Nitroboy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Nitroboy
Royalty: 1522 posts

Posted: 16 May 18, 15:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Secretfantasy wrote:

Any complaints..Gregs fb..

For all the shit he's gotten through the ages, you posting his Facebook account is uncalled for.

kokax user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 33 posts

Posted: 16 May 18, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

here's the trailer for the Chinese audience which was released on weibo :
It seems to have some more snippets with Mary Austin (?)
https://m.weibo.cn/status/4240098314683375

k-m user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 16 May 18, 16:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm afraid this film will be exactly what it says on the tin: "a foot-stomping celebration of Queen, their music and their extraordinary lead singer Freddie Mercury", as opposed to an insightful, revealing portrait of Freddie Mercury - the person. I wonder if there will be any reference to his childhood spent entirely in India, a time which surely contributed to his outrageous persona later on. Basically, it will be like the "Greatest Hits" album for the silver screen, don't expect any deep cuts there. I don't feel like we are going to learn much new from it and I certainly don't expect any shocking revelations.

k-m user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 16 May 18, 16:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kokax wrote:

here's the trailer for the Chinese audience which was released on weibo :
It seems to have some more snippets with Mary Austin (?)
https://m.weibo.cn/status/4240098314683375

Yep, I think this guy Fuller is spot on. Queerwashed, that's exactly what it is. And I think it may soon come to haunt this movie. If Brian and Rog thought a few backstage fights will be enough to keep a 2018 audience interested for more than a fortnight, then good luck.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/bohemian-rhapsody-trailer-freddie-mercury-straight-washing_uk_5afbd285e4b0a59b4dfeacd9

dudeofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 584 posts

Posted: 16 May 18, 16:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

>especially In America.

It'll have them chuckling in the aisles whilst they snigger at British idiosyncrasies and further plummet Queen's profile over there as a 3rd tier band.

Job done Brian.

matt z

Posted: 16 May 18, 16:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@k-m

Nah. I think it's more a testament to the past 5-8 years of gay hetero bashing that's on trial here

Judging from the trailer, and ONLY THE TRAILER i believe that the sequencing of KILLER QUEEN was directly tied to a scene of a romantic tiff with a man in a car, possibly indicating its alleged reason for creation.
Also we know Jim Hutton was cast.

This is all conjecture and more ME ME ME ME-TOO, nonsense. Stirring things up because this "pundit" wants to posture and deflect attention from the film and direct it toward IT self.

I'm damn sure they cannot address a film without mentioning Freddie was gay. The reasoning behindthe trailer mostly avoiding all that would be to engage it to a wider audience without discrimination.
Fear not, they shall "humanize" the queer man, (if u resort to absolutes, then this is the fear on the other end of the dialectic) ....it may very well do some good for any homophobes.

This guy is simply trying his best "righteous indignation" act to generate more interest in himself like some catty gay hubris. ...proclaiming "I AM GAYER THAN YOU BECAUSE I WILL DENOUNCE THIS ANTI GAY etc etc"

I'm getting sick of this gay/bi/lettuce bacon guacamole tomato agenda being shoved in my face. I'm grateful they didn't lead with it

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 3182 posts

Posted: 16 May 18, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As far as I understand, Bowie is only featured at Live Aid unless they got someone else to do an UP sequence.

gambri user not visiting Queenzone.com
gambri
Bohemian: 153 posts

Posted: 16 May 18, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are two things I do not know what that fact is about.
1. When someone throws an object at a car.
2. And the fight between Freddie and Roger, which seems to be from the year 82.
Although maybe it would be nice not to do too spoiler ...
Sorry for my Tarzan-Google english.

Regor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 365 posts

Posted: 16 May 18, 19:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I rarely post here, but I wanted to comment on the trailer. Sorry for my english.

I really, really like what I see. This is visually stunning, looks very promising and like a fun and entertaining (and moving?) film to watch.

Gwylim Lee? Unbelievable! I rewatched his two lines in the trailer like a dozen times, and I thought for a few seconds maybe Brian has dubbed him. Absolutely fantastic!

And Rami? I’ve read a lot of sceptic remarks about his voice, but I honestly think his performance is great (judging from these few seconds). Yeah, he has a naturally lower voice, but I think he has got the speech patterns right, and a slightly nasally tone which I also sometimes recognized in Freddie’s speaking voice, and his movements and behavior patterns are spot on.

The voice really does not distract me from the experience, quite the contrary: Actually the “operatic section”-bit immediately reminded me of a few occasions when Freddie sounded almost exactly the same – remember “I can make a bigger bang than that, dear” in the David Wigg interview?
Or “oh shit, all that crap again” in Queen talks?
Or “and then what” during Son and Daughter in Live at the Rainbow.
Or most of his banter with the audience on Live Killers, especially “the things you have to do for money” after Dreamers Ball.

That’s IMHO and everyone’s entitled to their own, but I really like how Rami says that line.

His acting seems to be great. I really like how he leans back after his comments to Brian’s question, and his face expresses “of course there's an operatic section” and “you didn’t expect that, did you?” at the same time, grinning all over his face. Also when he reacts to the label executive (?) about the 6 minutes of BoRhap – a young and hungry musician oozing confidence. Great stuff.

I am looking forward to his overall performance in the film. I think he brings out the funny and witty side of Freddie in a great way, but I expect him to be just as good in the more dramatic parts as well.

The others? Ben Hardy looks promising, I like his proud smile after Freddie defends BoRhap's length. And Joe Mazzello: I already liked him from his social media posts and he looks the part. I hope we will see a lot more from him in the movie.

Just my two cents. It's a hollywood movie, so artistic license will play a big part. But I will definitely give it a chance and am really looking forward to it. See y’all around here.

Guten Tag und Guten Abend !!! We had a great time in Cologne. Drinking beer in the sunshine beside the Mighty Rhein brought back many memories for me..... (Brian May, 2004)
MercurialFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
old fashioned dandy
MercurialFreddie
Royalty: 1028 posts

Posted: 16 May 18, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Trailer is very well made! Musically it's genius... but the movements of Rami... well, I hope that by November they will correct them in the post-production or something....

Mistakes are there.... Freddie partying in his "commander" costume with a Magic Tour crown on his head ?

4 x Vision user not visiting Queenzone.com
4 x Vision
Bohemian: 509 posts

Posted: 17 May 18, 00:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not been here in a while but the movie looks great. it was never going to be the dark sex obsessed drug fueled Freddie movie Sacha Baron Cohen wanted to make. Freddie is still ever popular and they'd want this movie to appeal to a wide range of ages and people and not be too offensive.

I would be surprised if they let Rami imitate his voice the way he does as it is very different from most if not all clips or interviews. Either he couldn't pull it off or they went with a more monotone deeper 'straight' voice. Less campy perhaps? Even though we have heard his speaking voice countless times in all settings, even at it's most camp (e.g. Freddie in the bath at home lol), the general public may not have and still expect a more masculine stage persona tone (minus the "dears" and "darlings"). They'll have perhaps wanted a balance. Sadly i think (from this very short clip) they could have got it a bit more accurate.

He does look good though (even with the tired eyes) and i like the little lip smacks and tongue movement after he says, "Now comes the opera section". The look and feel of the movie looks beautifully shot and brings out that 70s feel. This will look great in the cinemas... can't wait to see it in IMAX.

Die-hards need to let go the accuracy and just enjoy that Queen and Freddie are getting the big screen treatment we've all waited for. If it's light and fun... then so be it.

matt z

Posted: 17 May 18, 01:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've got about 4 months to get my costume ready. Anybody else care to make an ass of themselves and show up to the first day/premiere as a member of the band?

-LA metro area/Hollywood.
Matt.

Would be hilarious. Don't think i could afford a bad enough wig for the prawn thing.

Thinking maybe BIKE IT Deacon or GAGA Deacon. No shirt, just meticulously wrapped cheap faux leather straps and fake leather pants

john bodega user not visiting Queenzone.com
john bodega
Deity: 12843 posts

Posted: 17 May 18, 03:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I'm getting sick of this gay/bi/lettuce bacon guacamole tomato agenda being shoved in my face"

I try to come up with dumb stuff on this forum and then I get made to look like an amateur - I bet you weren't even trying!

matt z

Posted: 17 May 18, 06:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^LGBT ...a step up from the LETTUCE BACON AND TOMATO sandwich that was a BLT