Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Full Bohemian Rhapsody trailer

forum rss feed
Author

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3310 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 May 18, 01:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nah, I hear a clear difference. I knew right away that wasn't Freddie. Most people outside of Queenzone like the trailer. Queenmoan I mean..

Another Roger (re) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 505 posts

Posted: 19 May 18, 07:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenzone has become a toxic area. A lot of posters gain energy from being negative. We certainly have many of those in here. Sometimes I wonder if they are able to enjoy ANYTHING. With that said QZ also have some of the best and most knowledgeable fans in the community. So I would not be without it. I don't mind people being negative about the movie or anything. We are Queen fans and should be able to discuss the band we love without getting dirty.

And yes, people loves the trailer. Yesterday I went though a ton of "trailer reactions" on youtube. I didnt see one negative reaction. So general people are really impressed with it. I will make up my own mind about the movie. But I will be careful about reading too much on here because I know that the majority here will be negative no matter what they put out. Whether I like it or not I get affected when I read too much negativity. Especially when people start to look for errors and points them out. I don't really need that. I want to enjoy the movie as entertainment with good music.

Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs
dysan user is on Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 2786 posts

Posted: 19 May 18, 07:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it's fair enough us pointing out errors and taking it seriously - however I know we're all going to watch it and give an honest opinion.

Would you say the same about the reaction to that Channel 5 Freddie doc a couple of years back? I know that was unsanctioned by the band, but it's all fair game. I am genuinely excited about it and the surrounding promo. Especially the OST.

I'm old enough to have been excited about The Doors too so there's some cynical residue left from that!

Perhaps Mike Myers role is a composite role as these films tend to have - the company baddie / band counsel.

Posted: 19 May 18, 08:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dysan: It is fair to point out errors, I don't really mind that What I do have a problem with is posters who wants failure, and will do everything in their power to make that happen. Main thing for me is: Every opnion is valid. But respect each other and discuss with a good tone and language. If you don't like the movie, fine! Movies are subjective of course. But it is possible to voice opinions in a proper way.

Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs
dysan

Posted: 19 May 18, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fully agree.

Speaking personally, I think unquestioned devotion is worse than cynicism. That said, a balance can be found and I think taken as a whole - we've got that.

Richard Orchard user not visiting Queenzone.com
Change message in members area
Richard Orchard
Deity: 2672 posts

Posted: 19 May 18, 11:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i saw the trailer in the cinema today. before watching deadpool 2..... a bit of a surprise really. this is in london though.

Posted: 19 May 18, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Richard: The teaser trailer that we have seen online or something new?

Richard Orchard user not visiting Queenzone.com
Change message in members area
Richard Orchard
Deity: 2672 posts

Posted: 19 May 18, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

same teaser trailer that has been seen online.

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3310 posts

Posted: 19 May 18, 16:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dysan wrote:

I think it's fair enough us pointing out errors and taking it seriously - however I know we're all going to watch it and give an honest opinion.

Would you say the same about the reaction to that Channel 5 Freddie doc a couple of years back? I know that was unsanctioned by the band, but it's all fair game. I am genuinely excited about it and the surrounding promo. Especially the OST.

I'm old enough to have been excited about The Doors too so there's some cynical residue left from that!

Perhaps Mike Myers role is a composite role as these films tend to have - the company baddie / band counsel.

THE Doors movie is generally considered a hit, but I didn't have as much invested in the Doors as I do Queen. I remember people being happy with that movie.

dysan

Posted: 19 May 18, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My point is it was a hatchet job. I'm sure people (floating voters) were quite happy as it was a film with music in it.

Day dop user not visiting Queenzone.com
Day dop
Royalty: 1045 posts

Posted: 19 May 18, 18:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That Channel 5 Freddie documentary was dire.

Jake12 user is on Queenzone.com
Jake12
Bohemian: 369 posts

Posted: 19 May 18, 23:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Same here saw the trailer play before DP2 over here in Chicago! Was pretty cool seeing it afterword everyone was buzzing in the theater saying how good it looks. Honestly I’m pretty excited. Yes I do have some bones to pick but really just minor. Such as Malek eyes and John singing which really threw me off. Other than that I’m every excited. Only thing that worries me is that I’m hoping it won’t end with Live Aid.. concidering this is more of a FREDDIE MERCURY biopic and NOT a Queen one. And more importantly it better not have Lambert! And I don’t mean Christopher Lambert!

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 3574 posts

Posted: 20 May 18, 03:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Jake.

Already confirmed. There's a cameo where Adam walks up to Rami and asks, "Spare a fag?"
To which Fred replies : certainly.

Fred passes the torch and cig to Adam and it's shot in multi angle 3-D with a heavenly choir.

The camera then cuts to Actor portraying Brian who begins to turn towards the cam, when all of a sudden the camera cuts to a similar zoom in shot of the REAL Brian May, who smiles knowingly at the camera ala "THE MIRACLE" music video shoot

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
dysan

Posted: 20 May 18, 08:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Having John sing in that scene might be a plot point. It might be easier to have him in all the group singing shots rather than having a superfluous conversation included to explain why he's not in the singing shots. I'm sure he's singing more in existing videos than he's not anyway.

Or a comical scene might be they listen back and there's this awful sound on the tape and they check all the machinery and it's working fine. They can't figure out what the problem is. Then later Roger walks into the toilets and hears John singing to himself in the cubicle. Ah! That's what it was! The legend of John not singing is born.

Nitroboy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Nitroboy
Royalty: 1512 posts

Posted: 20 May 18, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

matt z wrote:

@Jake.

Already confirmed. There's a cameo where Adam walks up to Rami and asks, "Spare a fag?"
To which Fred replies : certainly.

Fred passes the torch and cig to Adam and it's shot in multi angle 3-D with a heavenly choir.

The camera then cuts to Actor portraying Brian who begins to turn towards the cam, when all of a sudden the camera cuts to a similar zoom in shot of the REAL Brian May, who smiles knowingly at the camera ala "THE MIRACLE" music video shoot

Why did that last part crack me up so badly?

Katby user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts

Posted: 20 May 18, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've just noticed that John trips over at the 1:15 mark: https://youtu.be/DW2CuMiArr4?t=1m15s

Maybe there's going to be a slapstick element to the movie, featuring John repeatedly falling over and punching his hand through a plateglass window.

Invisible Woman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Invisible Woman
Bohemian: 348 posts

Posted: 20 May 18, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Trailer is pretty good.
When we see a movie, we will know if we like it.

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3378 posts

Posted: 20 May 18, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katby wrote:

I've just noticed that John trips over at the 1:15 mark: https://youtu.be/DW2CuMiArr4?t=1m15s

Maybe there's going to be a slapstick element to the movie, featuring John repeatedly falling over and punching his hand through a plateglass window.

Not sure that he does - maybe just drops his heads and walks off at a pace....

Dr Magus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 227 posts

Posted: 20 May 18, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm looking forward to the bit during the Crazy tour where Deacon stops playing mid-song and pulls out an emergency pint of beer out of his jacket pocket.

Dr Magus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 227 posts

Posted: 20 May 18, 19:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm also looking forward to the scene in the tour bus where they're listening to Free and Freddie says to everyone 'hey this chap is my favourite singer'.