forum rss feed
Author

Katby user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 May 18, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmsdrums wrote:

Katby wrote:

I've just noticed that John trips over at the 1:15 mark: https://youtu.be/DW2CuMiArr4?t=1m15s

Maybe there's going to be a slapstick element to the movie, featuring John repeatedly falling over and punching his hand through a plateglass window.

Not sure that he does - maybe just drops his heads and walks off at a pace....

Maybe, but the way his hand moves, it looks as if he's tripped over a stone or something.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 3723 posts

Posted: 21 May 18, 00:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Nitro

Prob cause you pictured it in your mind's eye. Probably Brian with grey hair, too.

Relax, everybody else. It wasn't homophobic. It was reverential and "meta" and sarcastic for those who think the stink of Lambert but are well aware of the Dr's praise.

I thought it'd generate more offense from the implication of "PASSING THE TORCH"

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
SpaceGrey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 22 May 18, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let's talk about duration time for this film.

gerbenletzer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 30 posts

Posted: 22 May 18, 14:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anything under 2 hours would be dissapointing for me, given it spans about 15 years. I'd guess somewhere between 2 and 2,5 hours.

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 3182 posts

Posted: 22 May 18, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They can't release the film like that! It's over 6 minutes long!

cobohall user not visiting Queenzone.com
cobohall
Rocker: 26 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 18, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The IMDB list of characters (full credits) sheds some light on what could be covered in the movie. Of course, some scenes could be cut.

Odd that there are three characters referred to as meat packers. Does anyone know if any of the band worked in the food services industry before or after Queen's success?

Nice to see the Bulsara family is well represented.

www.imdb.com/title/tt1727824/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Biggus Dickus user not visiting Queenzone.com
Biggus Dickus
Bohemian: 503 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 18, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Meat packer=homosexual?

Galileo1564 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 18, 16:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As a former New Yorker, perhaps I should come out of lurkdom to explain this.

The Meatpacking District in Manhattan was, in the 70s and 80s, the home of several gay sex clubs including the Mineshaft. Freddie wore a Mineshaft shirt in the DSMN video. The rougher clubs were here, compared to the East Village discos and bars.

The district was so-named simply because that's where the slaughter houses and meat packing plants were.

The last character on the IMBD list is "leather fetish at Mineshaft and House Party", so I'm assuming there is a scene at the Mineshaft. I'm guessing Freddie bumps into some meat packers. Maybe some comic relief?

dysan

Posted: 05 Jul 18, 19:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm guessing they 'bump into' each other :D

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3490 posts

Posted: 06 Jul 18, 07:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Galileo1564 wrote:

As a former New Yorker, perhaps I should come out of lurkdom to explain this.

The Meatpacking District in Manhattan was, in the 70s and 80s, the home of several gay sex clubs including the Mineshaft. Freddie wore a Mineshaft shirt in the DSMN video. The rougher clubs were here, compared to the East Village discos and bars.

The district was so-named simply because that's where the slaughter houses and meat packing plants were.

The last character on the IMBD list is "leather fetish at Mineshaft and House Party", so I'm assuming there is a scene at the Mineshaft. I'm guessing Freddie bumps into some meat packers. Maybe some comic relief?

Thanks.....yet there'll still be some claiming that Universal and Queen are trying to cover up any suggestion of homosexuality in the film!!!

dudeofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 584 posts

Posted: 06 Jul 18, 08:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

>>Odd that there are three characters referred to as meat packers. Does anyone know if any of the band worked in the food services industry before or after Queen's success?

Are you sure they didn't mean Fudge Packers?

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 9078 posts

Posted: 06 Jul 18, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Didn't Freddie work in some factory during his Ealing days (before the Kensington Market stall)?
Maybe it had something to do with meat assembly/distribution.
I remember reading something about a co-worker mentioning his "lady hands" or something.
Don't quote me on it though...

We love you Mandy!

Posted: 06 Jul 18, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He packed crates at an industrial estate according to Freddie Mercury-The Untold Story. It's at 5:00 in the link below. (And sorry if I'm posting this link incorrectly. I've seen some complaints recently about people posting links incorrectly but there doesn't seem to be a place on this forum where rules are posted.)

This is also said to be one of his jobs, so maybe he did work in a meat packing plant at some point.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yCpPeWHI_lA&list=PL94D3E79E6D8D008F&index=4

Posted: 06 Jul 18, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmsdrums-- I'm on a iPad so the buttons to reply to a poster don't work.

There is also an Irish actor who plays Jim Hutton, a man playing Freddie's lover, and a man playing former lover to Freddie. Sometimes these days I think people are looking for ways to be offended without taking a few minutes to fact check.

I enjoy your posts about drumming. :)

dysan

Posted: 07 Jul 18, 08:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A lot of the new quick edits of live stuff look great - but then the illusion is destroyed when you see his face. I can't help thinking Borat's face would've worked a treat.

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3364 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 18, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yea, his face doesn't do it for me either.....My prediction is the Movie will be a minor hit in the US.....it's already being promoted in the theaters....I just don't see a movie about Queen, where the main character looks off being that big with young people. Hopefully It's at least a moderate hit....I wonder what the competition will be on November 2nd, if it was released now it would get dusted by The Incredibles....

dysan

Posted: 08 Jul 18, 07:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There was another rock biopic and I really liked it - I can't remember who it was about and I wasn't a massive fan of who it was about - but I then went to watch the actual artist on youtube and I was so used to the actor playing them, the actual real person looked 'odd' to me. Can't think for the life of me what it was now.

Another Roger (re) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 18, 08:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have no problem with his look whatsoever. His acting looks great and I think after a couple of minutes into the movie most of us will accept the way he looks. To me the movie is about catching the essence and brilliance of Queen. Looks is not very important.

Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs
dysan

Posted: 08 Jul 18, 08:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They said that about Velvet Goldmine

Another Roger (re) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 18, 08:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think there are many good signs for this movie. The fact that all people involved (actors, producers, scriptwriters) talks warmly about it is reassuring. Usually when there is a turkey on the way they talk as little as possible about it. Both Fox and the people attached to the movie seems proud of what they have done.

Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs