Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > The fair feller's master-stroke (help needed)

forum rss feed
Author

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6957 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 May 18, 12:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'The Ultimate Illustrated History' by Phil Sutcliffe (the 2009 edition, at least) only mentions that the song was inspired by a painting. It doesn't say anything else.

'The Early Years' (by Mike Hodkinson) and 'The First 12 Years' (by Mike West) only mention its title and say nothing about it.

David Minns, George Tremlett, Larry Pryce, Lesley Ann Jones, Peter Freestone and Rupert White don't metion the song at all.

Georg Purvis certainly does, as his (fantastic) book has a section going through each and every song, but I can't find my copy and, off the top of my head, it doesn't mention anything 'new' about this song, only the stuff I already told you about from audio and magazine interviews or Brian's website.

No idea about 'As It Began' since I lost my copy a decade or so ago... and 'Is This the Real Life' probably also regurgitates the same info you can find elsewhere (e.g. Wikipedia).

John hated Hot Space. Frederick's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Rog didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Wales is not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 vox.
princetom user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 734 posts

Posted: 17 May 18, 20:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

why the hate regarding the poster ?
i think it's alright to ask the experts for some help on a certain topic.
and srsly ? he's doing some about a queen song! wish him all the best.
and... btw... regarding the picture... there ARE references. but it's legitime to ask about references about the song.

prince[tOM]
princetom user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 734 posts

Posted: 17 May 18, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

princetom wrote:

i think it's alright to ask the experts for some help on a certain topic.
and srsly ? he's doing some about a queen song! wish him all the best.
and... btw... regarding the picture... there ARE references. but it's legitime to ask about references on the song.

prince[tOM]
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20305 posts

Posted: 18 May 18, 03:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

princetom wrote:

Because he has been busy threatening and slandering other members of the forum to the point that law enforcement has been involved.

The moderator here said in another thread that the only reason why this person's account hasn't been deleted is so that a record of all the dialogue can be maintained.

Never a dull moment here.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca