Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QAL European Tour 2018: post your videos here !!

forum rss feed
Author

Sunshine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 224 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jun 18, 07:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We are in a position to hear Brian May and Roger Taylor playing all these beautiful songs in front of our eyes 100% live in combination with great musicians and a top not singer.

I feel priviliged!

Good to see that Play The Game is played including the guitar solo and not like in 2016 where it was abrubtly shortened...

I commented on that at the time and now Brian plays the solo....he is listening to me:D:D:D

You ain't seen nothing 'till your down on the muffin...;)
Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2134 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 18, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Btw guys, what do you think about the current format for Somebody To Love? Starting just with Brian & Adam, then joined by Roger at the end of the catwalk, etc etc?
It´s intimate and I kinda like it, but when reviewing videos from a couple of years ago, I think I prefer the previous format, including that rockin´ending the guys played. It was a highlight back then to me, but now ...yes, it´s just a nice performance but it lacks some punch.

The Real Wizard user is on Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20305 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 18, 18:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vali wrote:

Btw guys, what do you think about the current format for Somebody To Love? Starting just with Brian & Adam, then joined by Roger at the end of the catwalk, etc etc?
It´s intimate and I kinda like it, but when reviewing videos from a couple of years ago, I think I prefer the previous format, including that rockin´ending the guys played. It was a highlight back then to me, but now ...yes, it´s just a nice performance but it lacks some punch.

I hear you.

They're just trying a different version this time. It's very vaudeville and kitschy.

Last year they were also playing It's Late, and maybe they dropped the ending because they were too similar. And they just stuck with this version as it is.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 968 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 18, 19:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Real Wizard wrote:

Vali wrote:

I hear you.

They're just trying a different version this time. It's very vaudeville and kitschy.

Last year they were also playing It's Late, and maybe they dropped the ending because they were too similar. And they just stuck with this version as it is.

I wasn't sure at first but it's grown on me. I did love the other version, very dramatic but I do like this as well and it's a nice moment between Brian & Adam, the audience seemed to like it at the show I saw, but then a lot probably hadn't seen the previous version.

The Real Wizard user is on Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20305 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 18, 19:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

The Real Wizard wrote:

Vali wrote:

I hear you.

I wasn't sure at first but it's grown on me. I did love the other version, very dramatic but I do like this as well and it's a nice moment between Brian & Adam, the audience seemed to like it at the show I saw, but then a lot probably hadn't seen the previous version.

Exactly. The show is designed for the overwhelming majority of people who will see it once, not the keyboard warriors who can't wait to complain about it on their way home.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1556 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 18, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vali wrote:

I´m a Queen fan. I´m 42 and fell in love with Freddie, Brian, Roger and John back in 1984, when the videoclips for Radio Ga Ga and I Want To Break Free hit the TV. My collection is huge. I love music and many other artists and bands. But Queen will always be my band.

And despite we like Brian+Roger still carrying the Queen torch or not, despite we liked Paul Rodgers or not, despite we like Adam Lambert or not, I found myself the other day giving a standing ovation to Brian and Roger when the show in Barcelona ended and God Save The Queen was playing loud.

I can agree or not with the "artistic" decisions they´ve taken in recent years, but I realized more than ever that I love these guys. I really love them! They´ve been there all my life and have given me so much joy. And they are not young. They are rock legends that have aged but they still want to rock on stage. Yes, they won´t play Tenement Funster, Innuendo or Sail Away Sweet Sister for "us", but Radio Ga Ga, Rock You and Champions instead.

Beautiful said. I couldn't agree more. I found myself in the same situtuation a couple of years ago.
I became a fan when I was 8 in 1991. Just months before Freddie died. Like you, I love and adore all kinds of music and have a large vinyl collection. But it always starts and ends with Queen. Even though I barely play their records anymore, they are always there and always have been. Always my number one band.

I loved seeing Brian and Roger solo, I truly liked the 2005 Q+PR tour and even enjoyed the one in 2008.

Just like you I found myself at a Queen + AL show (Brussels 2016). VERY last minute decision. Just a night out drinking Belgian beers and eating Belgian fries.

The venue was small, so I could see my youth heroes from row 4 or so and it gave me shivers once again. Tears in my eyes realising it was probably the last time I'd want to see them and realising that was perfectly fine the way it was.

I'm still not a fan of Adam Lambert. Never will be. But I totally understand why Brian and Roger are doing what they do and I totally understand why it's amazing for fans to see them. Especially if they never had the chance before.

OhioMustapha user not visiting Queenzone.com
OhioMustapha
Bohemian: 289 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 18, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was suprised to see they made a few changes to the setlist, but not in America, DAMMIT PAUL.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 2592 posts

SweetCaroline

Posted: 13 Jun 18, 23:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Better link — YouTube — complete Cologne Show closeup .....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLTVnxS3gL5BdNrSIYD-YC-F7UIRjYFpc_&v=rXWsh8DhFWU&feature=youtu.be

Catus user is on Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 18, 23:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the vids, I'll check them out!

I listened to the streaming of Lisbon show, absolutely loved it! Will try to catch some other streams of this tour. The sound is just incredible, I hope I get to see them live some day!

Speaking of videos, I LOVED this one, it's so beautiful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMIqyfnDmKo

Catus user is on Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 18, 23:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry, here it is once again, Love Of My Life in Lisbon (hope the link works this time)

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 2173 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 02:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Catus wrote:

Sorry, here it is once again, Love Of My Life in Lisbon (hope the link works this time)

That's beautiful. Gets me every time.

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 20:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaRGZAQQJzo&t=495s

Full show soon on youtube.

Dude who taped it, takes it relatively serious. Good camera work and external audio.

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2134 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 18, 06:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

people on streets wrote:

Dude who taped it, takes it relatively serious. Good camera work and external audio.

Great quality, really great! but I’m missing Mr. Taylor! Too much focus on Adam, I think. Hope the full show video fixes that when we get to other songs.

SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline

Posted: 16 Jun 18, 14:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vali wrote:

people on streets wrote:

Great quality, really great! but I’m missing Mr. Taylor! Too much focus on Adam, I think. Hope the full show video fixes that when we get to other songs.

I agree. I could and maybe should've told him before he went.

Oh well.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 18 Jun 18, 04:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TSMGO - Oslo, Norway:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bij6a7ml70M&feature=youtu.be

SweetCaroline

Posted: 18 Jun 18, 04:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

STL - Oslo - closeup of Roger:

http://www.instagram.com/p/BkIuZEZA0rP/

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 959 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 18, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holy shit - Lamefart sings even worse than before yodeling himself thru STL. Sounds atrocious.