Iron Butterfly
Royalty: 1942 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jun 18, 22:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

If it were me, I'd think I'd want to watch some videos of past shows before going.

I'd say that's a bad idea for anyone who hasn't seen the vids already. The vids are done mostly by Adam's fans, they focus very close up on everything he does at every minute. Brian does a guitar solo in a song but unless he's stood next to Adam you will very rarely see it. They zoom right up to the stage, every expression and everything Adam does is up front and center, that's a million miles away from the experience of actually being at the show. I was already a fan of Adam but if I hadn't been I could have been put off by that, and it was so totally different actually being there.

Oh, I know what some of those videos are like.
I do watch the shows for Brian and Roger...and yes, sometimes they are rarely seen. And that's awful, IMO.

I never video shows, I'd much rather just be in the moment so I can't really complain about how they do them but it doesn't really show what it's actually like to be there.

Some songs I'd rather hear than see, other songs I'd rather see and hear if that makes sense. I've listened to TIU more than I watched it so far. I still think it's pretty blah, and not good as an opening.
IMO.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 2250 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

happystar, you are dead wrong! I have watched taped videos and live periscopes, listened to live audios and attended 3 live QAL shows. Nothing can prepare you for the all encompassing, all consuming majestic experience of being physically in a huge arena with that powerful music and awesome light display hitting all of your senses at the same time. It is so mesmerizing I cannot imagine anyone leaving their seat or standing spot until the last strains of God Save The Queen have been played and even then it takes awhile to come back down to earth!

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 719 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 16:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I could not stomach Lamebird for more than 10 seconds when he starts yodeling with his annoying voice. The guy is a bloody disgrace to Queen music

rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 844 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 16:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

happystar wrote:

Rockchic: The majority of ardent Queen fans do not attend the shows now it is all girls screaming after the goat Lambert.
Runner is correct about this been a car crash, your all deluded if you think that is a great show, and just off the record i do not have to go to a show to see its crap.
Seen Lambert on TV with May & Taylor and i was truly sickened to my stomach.

That's your opinion, not shared by all the ardent Queen fans, Male & Female who do go to the shows. No car crash, just amazing music, played and sung brilliantly and everyone having a great time.

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 16:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

I could not stomach Lamebird for more than 10 seconds when he starts yodeling with his annoying voice. The guy is a bloody disgrace to Queen music

Again just one opinion. There's a few who won't like it but then there are surprisingly a few people who don't like Queen and didn't like Freddie. Majority are loving these shows though, they wouldn't still be touring six years later if they weren't, it wouldn't be viable.

SweetCaroline

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 245 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My advice: Just go and enjoy the show! Be open minded and they will rock you.
I‘m just back from yesterday‘s show in Cologne and I would even say, this show is better than the last one, thatI saw in 2017. The whole arena went nuts and ALL people, even the nosebleeds, were on their feet, and not only for the encore or the last song. Brian and Roger looked and sounded great. And I have to say (without Spoiler): the new beginning of the show really ROCKS!
It‘s a big party with and for Queen with some very emotional moments. The show is huge and in my opinion bigger and better as ever before. (Written by a fan, who did saw Queen with Freddie). I loved it!

The Real Wizard user is on Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20078 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

happystar wrote:

The majority of ardent Queen fans do not attend the shows now it is all girls screaming after the goat Lambert.

Having seen three shows, I can attest that it was about 90% Queen fans filling up the arenas. Classic rock shows are largely people in their 50s and 60s, and there were way more Queen t-shirts than Adam Lambert ones.

But of course you know better, having not attended shows and all...

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ I would even say, that it‘s at least 90% Queen fans. And at least 50% men. Could be more. Agewise, you find many Queen-fans from Freddie’s times, but also younger ones.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“Well, yeah, but it was almost in fashion to be [sexually] ambiguous in the ’70s. It was cool to be effeminate, androgynous. Is he? Isn’t he? That was all very rock ‘n’ roll. Bowie was doing it. Freddie, Mick Jagger. It was a product of the time. People were post-free-love’60s. There was a lot of partying going on, a lot of sex, a lot of rock ‘n’ roll. Then the Reagan administration came in. Everything was every conservative, with reforms like The War On Drugs. And then AIDS hit; everyone freaked the fuck out. It made all of that very dangerous and very wrong. Everyone clammed up quite a lot. Look at George Michael – he was fighting it his whole career.”

Damn, he is a very smart guy. He sees the full picture.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

The Real Wizard

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"He’s a thinker and a feeler. He likes to tune into the heart of things whether it’s emotional or scientific. He’s hyper focussed on the feeling he wants to achieve. He takes a minute. He’s not impulsive."

That's one of the best synopses of Brian May I've come across. Lambert is a lot brighter than most people give him credit for.

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Real Wizard wrote:

"He’s a thinker and a feeler. He likes to tune into the heart of things whether it’s emotional or scientific. He’s hyper focussed on the feeling he wants to achieve. He takes a minute. He’s not impulsive."

That's one of the best synopses of Brian May I've come across. Lambert is a lot brighter than most people give him credit for.

I think his appearance, liking clothes, make up etc give people a false impression, he's very intelligent, you only need to watch his interviews, he's very articulate and smart.

OhioMustapha user not visiting Queenzone.com
OhioMustapha
Bohemian: 286 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 18:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just don't worry about the criticism he gets and enjoy the show, at least you will see Brian and Roger! Thats how I look at it.

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 18:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OhioMustapha wrote:

Just don't worry about the criticism he gets and enjoy the show, at least you will see Brian and Roger! Thats how I look at it.

The only real criticism he gets is from a few die hard fans, the huge majority of people don't have any problem with him at all, and I can attest seeing Brian & Roger up close doing their thing was amazing.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 719 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 18:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The "huge majority" is the Joe Public "QUeen Fan" who knows 5 songs of "Greatest Hits 1", has no clue what Freddie and Queen stood for, buys a Queen shirt for 5 Euro at H& M and thinks he is a classic rocker.

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don’t think, that Brian and Roger would have toured that long with Lambert, if he hadn’t been smart. They are intelligent men. I can‘t see them spending a lot of time with someone, who doesn‘t understand shit of what they are talking about.

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

The "huge majority" is the Joe Public "QUeen Fan" who knows 5 songs of "Greatest Hits 1", has no clue what Freddie and Queen stood for, buys a Queen shirt for 5 Euro at H& M and thinks he is a classic rocker.

But they aren't and you know it. Lots of Queen fans who've seen them in the 70s/80s are seeing these shows as well as the more casual fans.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That article is better than the recent Attitude one.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I tried to get a copy of that Attitude magazine featuring Adam on the cover and inside but it was already sold out!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly

Posted: 14 Jun 18, 20:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I tried to get a copy of that Attitude magazine featuring Adam on the cover and inside but it was already sold out!

Apparently, it was popular. For the most part it was good, but I didn't like how he spoke about Freddie's sexuality. He didn't know how in the closet Freddie was. I still feel it was poor of him to go down that route.