Forums > Personal > Is Queenzone Just a Big Playground for the Bewildered?

forum rss feed
Author

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 9132 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Aug 18, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistle wrote:

I think this thread actually proves the point you're making.

You've come here for good debate and have been singled out as a fake, a joke and have been mocked etc.

You've made a post trying to find out why, and to settle it - and you've been greeted with more childishness. It seems you're being sucked in, but don't let that happen.

A lot of comments across the board are petty and childish. Don't rise to the bait, just get on with what you're here for.

There's a huge difference between debating and the (not so subtle) jabs he's spewing, don't you think? If he had steered cleared from that childish stuff, this could've turned into a decent thread. ;) He blew it.

We love you Mandy!
Thistle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3545 posts

Posted: 23 Aug 18, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Fairy King wrote:

There's a huge difference between debating and the (not so subtle) jabs he's spewing, don't you think? If he had steered cleared from that childish stuff, this could've turned into a decent thread. ;) He blew it.

I think you're wrong. He's been around for a while and doesn't seem to get involved in the silly stuff, until Moog opened a thread dedicated to him being a "joke".

He's made fair enough observations: Happystar was banging on a fair bit, there are petty fights pretty much everywhere on the board and you have made pops at folk for their English. He's only asking what the beef is, and used a few examples. I don't think there was ever meant to be subtle jabs, just examples of some of the daft stuff he's noticed going on.

I don't think asking people what their beef is is being childish. But hitting back with "bitch to read" was maybe just a little bit lol.

You like to use dry humour in your replies. I've noticed you don't seem to like it when it comes back which is a shame because some of your banter is funny and people are just trying to bounce back at you.

The Fairy King

Posted: 23 Aug 18, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Scroll down for more awesomeness.

We love you Mandy!
The Fairy King

Posted: 23 Aug 18, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistle wrote:

The Fairy King wrote:

I think you're wrong. He's been around for a while and doesn't seem to get involved in the silly stuff, until Moog opened a thread dedicated to him being a "joke".

He's made fair enough observations: Happystar was banging on a fair bit, there are petty fights pretty much everywhere on the board and you have made pops at folk for their English. He's only asking what the beef is, and used a few examples. I don't think there was ever meant to be subtle jabs, just examples of some of the daft stuff he's noticed going on.

I don't think asking people what their beef is is being childish. But hitting back with "bitch to read" was maybe just a little bit lol.

You like to use dry humour in your replies. I've noticed you don't seem to like it when it comes back which is a shame because some of your banter is funny and people are just trying to bounce back at you.

*sigh* ok for the first and last time i'm going to try and address some of these misconceptions.

First of all: I have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to trolls, unoriginality and extreme negativity against others (you know who you are).

The opening post WAS and IS a bitch to read. Spelling, interpunctional and grammatical mistakes make it a "bitch" to read.

That said; i really didn't bother with even an attempt to read the post and later on i noticed a little jab towards me and i tried to plough through it to find the point of it.

I like correcting people, as it's mundane and in a way it's just stupid funny to me. If you get offended, it's not my problem really. It's a Queenforum ffs! :D

The fairyqueen remark was lazy and unnecessary in my eyes....apparantly i hurt his feelings? If you want to make a serious point about the attitude of some residents, maybe not stoop to their level (if there is such a thing on here)?

It all comes to whatever is in the readers perception how they choose to read it. If you have a negative opinion of the guy, you think he can't take a joke. If you have figured out the sense of humor, you might take it into stride. The thing is, we can't see eachother, so a lot of sarcasm, humor and nuance is lost in translation. That's why the right spelling and grammar is needed.

Even my reaction to it was harmless, it can be construed as harsh or even butthurt. Who cares? There's no point in trying to change opinions on here anyway.

As for my attitude: I don't take myself as seriously as people might think and i don't take anyone else on here as seriously as they might do take themselves?

Maybe therein lies the problem?

*shrugs* :D

This place has always been like this though. People bitching about people. Some negative creeps bitching about the current state of the band. Newbies spamming the board with unoriginal threads or asking for bootlegs or official releases.

We love you Mandy!
SkyeTV user not visiting Queenzone.com
Believe In Bitter
SkyeTV
Bohemian: 140 posts

Posted: 23 Aug 18, 21:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd like to make a few points here. The first is that I'm not a troll. The Mooghead thread was something I found unnecessary. I let it go until I saw other stupid things that irked me. So I genuinely wanted to know what the heck was going on.

You did have a go at someone for his English, although he's not a native English speaker, Happystar was being a general pain in the butt and there are fights aplenty. These were just some of the things I've observed and I thought I'd ask why it was all going on.

As for the Fairqueen thing, it really wasn't done on purpose the first time. It was a genuine mistake as I didn't check back over to see that it was in fact "Fairy King". My apologies. The second time was on purpose, but supposed to be a joke after your comment about the post being a bitch to read. If you thought it was a bitch to read, you didn't have to read it, it really is as simple as that. I really don't understand why you'd have a go at anyone's English. Yours isn't flawless and as you say, it's just a queenforum ffs.

And did I say you had hurt my feelings? If you want to be funny, you need to expect it to come back at you. Ditto if you were just trying to be a smartass. It looked to me like you were just trying to be a smartass, wheras I genuinely just wanted to know what the problem was. Like you say, some things get lost in translation.

I'm not here to argue though. I've managed a few years without silly arguments until Moog's needless thread. I'm just giving you my side of the story. You've given yours, so we can probably just let it die now. No ill feelings from my side.

Have you switched it off and then on again?
The Fairy King

Posted: 24 Aug 18, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why bother?
You are just repeating yourself. :')

We love you Mandy!
Believe In Bitter
SkyeTV

Posted: 25 Aug 18, 14:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL, tell me I'm repeating and then copy and paste everything I said to repeat it all. Then say "agree to disagree" after I say "we've put our views across, now let it die", whch is basically the same thing.

Your humour knows no bounds :)

It would have flown over most heads, but I got it. I applaud you.

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 4231 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 18, 06:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like turtles.

The Fairy King

Posted: 30 Aug 18, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mooghead wrote:

I like turtles.

i liek trainz.

We love you Mandy!
Believe In Bitter
SkyeTV

Posted: 01 Sep 18, 00:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You two really crack me up.

Are you here all week, or do you go back to the centre at some point? XD

The Fairy King

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 09:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SkyeTV wrote:

Maybe you should leave comedy to the pro's.
Nice try though...

We love you Mandy!
Believe In Bitter
SkyeTV

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Fairy King wrote:

SkyeTV wrote:

Nice try though...

I wasn't trying to be funny. You really are starting to get tiresome and, despite what you think of yourself, you're about as funny as a brain tumour.

Oh, and for one who likes good English and grammar, there's no apostrophe in pros.

Goodnight sweetheart.

The Fairy King

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SkyeTV wrote:

The Fairy King wrote:

SkyeTV wrote:

Nice try though...

I wasn't trying to be funny. You really are starting to get tiresome and, despite what you think of yourself, you're about as funny as a brain tumour.

Oh, and for one who likes good English and grammar, there's no apostrophe in pros.

Goodnight sweetheart.

Sweetheart? You are nailing the passive-agressive, aren't you? :')
And kudos on the sarcasm. Very mature.
+ You had your little victory over a typo.
Congrats kid! :)

We love you Mandy!
The Fairy King

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SkyeTV wrote:

Moog...he was sarcastic. :'(
I'm hurt.

We love you Mandy!
Believe In Bitter
SkyeTV

Posted: 03 Sep 18, 23:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Fairy King wrote:

No, I laughed at your "typo" (it wasn't, it was just bad grammar and made you look a real idiot after bashing others about their grammar). Also, I see you like dishing it out but not taking it back. You've cried like a baby all through the thread because I called you out for being an arse to people. Pathetic.

The Fairy King

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 04:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SkyeTV wrote:

The Fairy King wrote:

No, I laughed at your "typo" (it wasn't, it was just bad grammar and made you look a real idiot after bashing others about their grammar). Also, I see you like dishing it out but not taking it back. You've cried like a baby all through the thread because I called you out for being an arse to people. Pathetic.

You need to get your definitions right kiddo. XD
And get that sand out of your vagina.

We love you Mandy!
Believe In Bitter
SkyeTV

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Fairy King wrote:

SkyeTV wrote:

The Fairy King wrote:

If it's all about getting the last word in, the floor is all yours. I'm leaving it here because your ego is far bigger than your IQ and I can't be arsed with numbskulls like you.

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 4231 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 21:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like turtles

Thistle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3545 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 18, 22:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're not the full shilling though, Moog :p

The Fairy King

Posted: 05 Sep 18, 09:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SkyeTV wrote:

The Fairy King wrote:

SkyeTV wrote:

The Fairy King wrote:

If it's all about getting the last word in, the floor is all yours. I'm leaving it here because your ego is far bigger than your IQ and I can't be arsed with numbskulls like you.

I must say it's absolutely remarkable the way you can define ones IQ on a stupid forum. Kudos. Talk about a big ego. :')

You take yourself waaay too seriously son. Calm the fuck down.

We love you Mandy!