Bohemian: 329 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

Queen had never been a real rock band.

sealion; this dumb ass female wrote these words

What do you think?
here is the place were she craped this tardiness:
http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1518844/a-queen-fans-final-take-on-adam-lambert.aspx?page=3

fuckers
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 927 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 19:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 310 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 22:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What idiot opens a thread about a sentence someone posted in a discussion? You didn‘t even repost my complete answer.

Since you couldn‘t even wait for an explanation, in the original thread - I will quote myself here:

„Really? Queen was always special in the way they mixed up different genres. They always pushed the boundaries. I don‘t see them as just a rock band. Queen has always been much more than that.“

Yes, that‘s my opinion. NOW you can discuss it, Lady @bucsateflon.( The one, who got her knickers wet and started insults, because Queen did more than rock.) Idiot.

The Ghost of Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good thing you called out her gender in this nonsensical post.

No, Queen weren't JUST a rock band – they were more than that, which is exactly what Sealion said. And I agree with. Yes, they played rock, but they were more nuanced than just being labeled a rock band. A band like Bad Company, now there's a rock band. But Queen had four diverse songwriters who toyed with very different genres. Some were successful, some were not, and Queen almost always presented themselves as a rock band on stage, but they went above and beyond that classification in the studio.

Thistle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3435 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 18, 23:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bucsateflon wrote:

here is the place were she craped this tardiness:

God, I hate it when crapes are late.

bucsateflon user not visiting Queenzone.com
bucsateflon

Posted: 13 Sep 18, 08:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From " Queen weren't JUST a rock band" to "Queen had never been a real rock band" its a big difference
Now next time you know how to express yourself better because "Queen had never been a real rock band" remains the most imbecilic statement ever put on this forum

fuckers

Posted: 13 Sep 18, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It’s not my fault, that you humiliated yourself. I said - and I do stand by it - that „Queen was never a REAL rockband“.

Have you by any chance wondered, why I wrote REAL in capital letters? No?

Maybe you should try to use your brain, instead of thinking that everyone posting in the Q+AL section was a glowing Glambert and had no knowledge of Queen.

And if you don’t understand, what was meant by that, you could ask the poster, what he intended to say, instead of trying to make fun of him by creating a thread about that remark in another section of the forum.

I don’t know, how old you are. Your behavior suggests that you might be rather young. So maybe you can learn from this experience now.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6505 posts

Posted: 13 Sep 18, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So, the Queen Purity SS is now also resorting to openly sexist personal attacks?

And bucsateflon, in the category "the most imbecilic statement ever put on this forum", your 298 useless posts (and counting) are still waaay ahead of Sealion's remarks, and even waaay ahead of your warped construction of what you think she means.

You are pathetic and a waste of oxygen.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

bucsateflon

Posted: 13 Sep 18, 12:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

„Queen was never a REAL rockband“
AND
"Queen almost always presented themselves as a rock band on stage"

These AL stupid fan girls take the cake with their retarded statements

fuckers
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 9048 posts

Posted: 13 Sep 18, 14:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bucsateflon wrote:

AND

You seem pretty selective with which posts you reply to...
You kind of remind me of some other Anti-AL geezers on here.
Must be hard to switch between so many different accounts.

We love you Mandy!
Costa86 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Costa86
Royalty: 1164 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 08:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Dumb ass female".

Seriously?

Do you realise how chauvinistic that sounds?

Were you wearing a wife beater vest and sitting in a kitchen in a Sicilian village in 1927, having just "disciplined" your wife for serving you a meal which in your view wasn't cooked quite right, when you wrote that post?

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Costa86 wrote:

"Dumb ass female".

Seriously?

Do you realise how chauvinistic that sounds?

Were you wearing a wife beater vest and sitting in a kitchen in a Sicilian village in 1927, having just "disciplined" your wife for serving you a meal which in your view wasn't cooked quite right, when you wrote that post?

Oh, I take it as another insult towards fans, who dare to post in a positive way about Q+AL. Even if I wasn’t even talking about the collaboration in this case. We are all glamberts and women. Even if we are not.

I‘m neither of it. The idiot, who started this thread, only wanted to provoke and spill hate. And yes, his view of women is disturbing. He (I guess it is a he) sounds also a lot like that happystar, who seems to have disappeared. But maybe that’s a coincidence and more of these people, who discriminate women, are on this forum.
Unfortunately the mods on this site don’t care enough about these things. That’s only my opinion, of course.

bucsateflon

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AND

focus poor people focus

fuckers
happystar user not visiting Queenzone.com
NO Freddie = NO QUEEN
happystar
Bohemian: 974 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 18:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion Queen were a REAL rock band form the very first note they played and until Freddie took his last breath, If anything they are not a real rock band now Lambert has turned them into a cabaret circus act.
Freddie was the ultimate rock n roller. You need to educate yourself and stop defending a looser like Lambert because that thing will never be a rock n roller EVER !

Freddie Mercury : Perfection Unbeaten. Queen 1971 -1991 then end of........

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen covered all genre's not just rock. Of course they had their hard rock and metal songs but they also had funk, pop, rockabilly, operetta etc you can't say that's a standard rock band, that's what made them so unique. And regardless what anyone thinks of QAL they're successful and people are still wanting more tours so I doubt they care about a few negative opinions and that's all it amounts to, A FEW.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6931 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 18:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just to be pedantic, they didn't cover *all* genres. They covered some of them, and quite well, but not by any means *all*.

John hated Hot Space. Frederick's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Rog didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Wales is not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 vox.

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

Just to be pedantic, they didn't cover *all* genres. They covered some of them, and quite well, but not by any means *all*.

Well the "all" wasn't meant literally but they covered a large amount, enough to make them not just a rock band which was the point.

Posted: 14 Sep 18, 20:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Since the OP just took my sentence out of any context and is still going on about it, is here my explanation:

The OP was of the opinion, that Lambert can’t sing Queen songs, because he can’t sing rock. And that ONLY rock singers were the first tier, when it comes to live singing, while everyone else (including Michael Jackson, Madonna or Elton John) were one step lower. He was debating that with another member of this forum.
This was part of his discussion with The Real Wizard:

bucsateflon wrote:
[quote]
let me rephrase:
"The greatest live music performers are ONLY in the ROCK AND ROLL roam/genre/category/style of music"
the rest are one step lower.
[/quote]

[quote]
bucsateflon wrote:
AL cant rock cause he aint a rocker, screaming some metal garbage lines dont make you a rock singer, you got to like ROCK music(and hate DSMN)
...as Brian May and RT do
[/quote]

Then I answered:
[quote]
sealion wrote:
If only ROCK counts in your eyes, then you are a fan of the wrong band. Queen had never been a real rock band. [/quote]

Now my explanation:
1. Queen mixed a lot of genres and always pushed boundaries, as I mentioned before. Sure, they were mainly playing rock. But in comparison to other rock groups, they always mixed a lot of other genres in. And in the eighties they also did rather a lot of pop and funk for instance. All the genres were discussed in a thread, that rockchick has already linked to in the second post in this thread.

2. And actually the reason, why I answered in that other thread:
I remember sitting at home and watching the tribute concert in 1992. A lot of rock groups came and played Queen songs. Some okayish, some really bad. I was actually pretty down and shocked, that -for me- nobody of these great rock singers was able to sing Queen‘s songs in a satisfactory way. The best? George Michael.
A rock singer, right? ;-)

I only found the statement wrong, that rock singers are better live performers than performers in every other genre. I think it’s a question of talent. Not of genre.

musicland munich user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bayern - Bavaria
musicland munich
Royalty: 1632 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 18, 01:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think I will watch this discussion from a safe distance :)

Munich - Cocaine and low taxes !

You can add me on FB - Musicland Munich QZ - don`t miss the QZ !
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6931 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 18, 04:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Sebastian wrote:

Well the "all" wasn't meant literally but they covered a large amount, enough to make them not just a rock band which was the point.

Yeah, I know, and I agree. I was just being annoying, anal and literal, which is sort of my thing - check my signature!

John hated Hot Space. Frederick's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Rog didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Wales is not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 vox.