Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Promo/Music Video - Complete & Best Available Collection *On Going*

forum rss feed
Author

Chinwonder2 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chinwonder2
Royalty: 1700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey everyone,

For the past while on my channel, I have been uploading the most complete and best quality copies of the various Queen promo/music videos. Now, I will be uploading them here to.

They all come from many sources, some videos will be a merge of two different sources, and some have been restored by Chief Mouse here: http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1460240/promo-clips-project-clips-added-.aspx

Also, a good majority of the behind the scenes & alternative takes come from Bullub here, so thanks to him for compiling them: http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1462049/collection-of-hd-rushes-different-takes.aspx

Here is where they will all be available to download:

(Folder 1): http://mega.nz/#F!6P4wSaDC!DUhYIjbJ5_ZfEjtyvYRs_g
(Folder 2): http://mega.nz/#F!HyJSDQ6R!Lr5cSG_RBhW2Lv3YxfVE3A

Here is also some screenshots from each video available here:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/7anurjzjy2v6t/Queen_-_Promo_Video_Complete_Collection

I hope that this brings the currently best available quality and source of each promo video, until they release them all restored onto Blu-Ray or something.

-Chin

-------------------------------------------------------
The PDF is now available to download, this will contain all the same information but just in one location, This will be constantly updated: http://mega.nz/#F!r6xQBIDQ!XImjREMAdFULhnkhvI821A
-------------------------------------------------------

Videos Available:

Keep Yourself Alive (St Johns Wood Studio) (Merge) - 1973/08/08
-Includes Main track & Karaoke Track (selectable in VLC)

Merged with Chief Mouse's remaster of Antiden's VHS tape and clips from the Queen Rocks 1997 Laserdisc.

Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire

Keep Yourself Alive (St Johns Wood Studio) - Alt Takes 1973/07/16
-Includes Main track

This is some clips from an alternative take on August 16th according to the slate at the beginning. This footage comes from 'Queen Forever In Nederland' 2014 and 'From Rags To Rhapsody' 2015 documentaries.

Keep Yourself Alive (Brewer Street Studio) (Greatest Video Hits 1 DVD) - 1973/08/09
-Includes Main track & Karaoke Track (selectable in VLC)

This video comes from the Greatest Video Hits 1 2002 DVD (one of the only videos they didn't butcher). I removed the noise with Neat Video.

Liar (St Johns Wood Studio) (Merge) - 1973/08/09
-Includes Main track

This video is a merge of several different sources, the Box Of Flix Bonus Videos Laserdisc, Chief Mouse's Remaster of Antiden's VHS & a clip from the 'From Rags To Rhapsody' 2015 documentary. Included in the Mega folder is also a clean version of the original video with thr scrolling text unmasked :)

Liar (St Johns Wood Studio) - Alt Takes 1973/07/16
-Includes Main track

This alternative take fooatge was first shown in the 'From Rags To Rhapsody' 2015 documentary.

Liar (Brewer Street Studio) (Greatest Video Hits 1 DVD) - 1973/08/??
-Includes Main Track

This video comes from the Greatest Video Hits 1 2002 DVD (again, one of the only videos they didn't butcher). I removed the noise with Neat Video.

Also included for this version of Liar is several different camera angles of this same take. Thanks to Sikke for originally uploading them, I will provide a full video with the angled edited in and also a short video with just those angles in the Mega folder.

Check out my channel for various goodies! :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Chinwonder2
Chinwonder2

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seven Seas Of Rhye (TOTP 1st Performance) - 1974/02/21
-Includes Main Track & Instrumental Track

This is a merge to create the best available version of the first performance of Seven Seas Of Rhye, this particular version was shot in the weather studio following a strike at the BBC.

This video is comprised of 3 sources, the b/w bad quality video with some coloured segments (thanks Pittrek), a minute of colour footage from a TOTP archive channel, from the 'Days Of Our Lives' 2011 Documentary & from the 'Days Of Our Lives' Blu-Ray extras (the images are in order of appearance on Mediafire).

Seven Seas Of Rhye (TOTP 2nd Performance) - 1974/03/14

This is a merge to create the best available version of the second performance of Seven Seas Of Rhye.

This video is comprised of 3 sources, the b/w bad quality video cleaned up by Chief Mouse and some clips of coloured segments (thanks Pittrek), a small clip of colour footage from a TOTP archive channel from the 'Days Of Our Lives' 2011 Documentary & from the 'Days Of Our Lives' Blu-Ray extras (the images are in order of appearance on Mediafire).

Seven Seas Of Rhye (TOTP 3rd Performance) - 1974/03/28
-Includes Main Track

This is a merge to create the best available version of the third performance of Seven Seas Of Rhye.

This video is comprised of 3 sources, the SSOR Compilation on the 'Days Of Our Lives' 2011 Blu-Ray Extras, a clip from the documentary its self and a short clip from a TV Archive (the images are in order of appearance on Mediafire).

Killer Queen (TOTP 1st Performance) (Merge) - 1974/10/11
-Includes Main Track, Instrumental Track & Brian & Roger Commentary Track

This is a merge to create the best, logo, banner-free version of the first performance of Killer Queen.

This video is comprised of 3 different sources, the 1992 Greatest Hits VHS, a TOTP re-broadcast from June 1st, 2018 (of the Oct 11th 1974 broadcast) and another broadcast of the show Top Of The Pops - Big Hits 1964 - 1975 (broadcast Oct 27th 2018 on the Yesterday TV channel).

A raw, unedited copy of each will be available to download in the Mega folder if desired. Also, a BBC iPlayer WebRip is also available.

Killer Queen (TOTP 2nd Performance) (Greatest Video Hits 1 DVD) - 1974/10/27

This different take of Killer Queen, I'm not 100% sure if this was actually broadcast on TOTP or if it is an exclusive new mix to the Greatest Video Hits 1 2002 DVD. Either way, unfortunately, it was cropped to 16:9.

Killer Queen (TOTP 3rd Performance) (Merge) - 1974/11/11
-Includes Main Track (Original Recording merged with GVH), Original Poor Quality Audio, Instrumental Track & Brian & Roger Commentary Track

This is another version of Killer Queen which was broadcast on TOTP in November, 1974. It was originally thought that this recording was lost, but it was found and was later included (not complete) in the 'Days Of Our Lives' 2011 DVD/Blu-Ray extras.

Later a full recording of this appeared on YouTube in its native 4:3 ratio, however the beginning is badly damaged although this could have been purposefully degraded as it fixes just before where the DOOL version comes on. So I have merged both versions together but I will include raw versions of both!

Killer Queen (TopPop Performance) - 1974/11/??

This is another version of Killer Queen which was broadcast on the Dutch TV programme TopPop in November, 1974. Nothing too special about this performance other than apparently a different performance exists with a Chroma Key background, but this hasn't surfaced. Also, the audio sync issue at the end is on the original video and I wasn't able to fix it without mangling the audio speed completely.

Now I'm Here (TOTP Performance) - 1975/01/16
-Includes Main Track (with commentary over the mimed audio, which appears to be different to the studio version)

This is a merge to compile the most available footage of the previously missing Top Of The Pops performance of Now I'm Here.

This video is comprised of 2 different sources, 'From Rags To Rhapsody' 2015 documentary, and a phone camera recording of a TV screen at the 2011 Stormtroopers In Stilettos London exhibition.

The SIS recording of the TOTP footage didn't have useable audio due to the hall blaring other Queen music, so I tried to match up correct audio using the BBC Sessions version. And more footage surfaced on an unlisted YouTube video which is 15 seconds of near the end.

Stone Cold Crazy (Classic Queen VHS) - 1992/10/13

This video is from the compilation VHS release 'Classic Queen', released by Hollywood Music Video in October, 1992. This video features many different eras of Queen live playing (some footage is NOT Stone Cold Crazy).

Chinwonder2

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Glitched Post, fucks sake.

Chinwonder2

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stone Cold Crazy - Encino Man Video (Hollywood Records Motion) - 1992/??/??

This video is another different compilation of footage created by Hollywood Motion Pictures to promote the film 'Encino Man' for which this song features in. The song was remixed by Michael Wagener.

Unfortunately, this video couldn't be restored as good as the others as the original source has been compressed horribly over the years onto bootleg DVDs.

Death On Two Legs (ANATO 30th DVD) - 2005/11/21
-Includes Main Track, Instrumental Track & Band Commentary Track

This video is a compilation of different footage of Queen performing live. Some of the footage is not actual footage of DOTL live but the vast majority of it is. This compilation was released on the 30th Anniversary Special Edition of A Night At The Opera in November of 2005.

Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon (ANATO 30th DVD) - 2005/11/21
-Includes Main Track, Stripped Mix Track (C_Matt) & Band Commentary Track

This video is a compilation of various photographs of Queens visit to Japan in 1975 & 1976. This compilation was released on the 30th Anniversary Special Edition of A Night At The Opera in November of 2005.

I'm In Love With My Car (ANATO 30th DVD) - 2005/11/21

This video is a compilation of different footage of Queen performing live. Some of the footage is not actual footage of IILWMC live but the vast majority of it is. This compilation was released on the 30th Anniversary Special Edition of A Night At The Opera in November of 2005.

You're My Best Friend (Merge) - 1976/04/??
-Includes Main Track, Karaoke Track, Band Commentary Track x2

This is a merge to create the best available version of the You're My Best Friend promo video. There are two sources, the 1997 Greatest Flix DVD and 2005 ANATO 30th Anniversary DVD. I have used the ANATO DVD to replace the missing beginning and ending clips (which will become a running theme on the Greatest Flix copies).

Chinwonder2

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'39 (ANATO 30th DVD) - 2005/11/21

This video is a compilation of different footage of Queen and Brian performing the song live. There is also various stock footage of space-related footage. This compilation was released on the 30th Anniversary Special Edition of A Night At The Opera in November of 2005.

Sweet Lady (ANATO 30th DVD) - 2005/11/21

This video is a compilation of different footage of Queen performing the song live at Hyde Park, there's also some unrelated footage from Earl's Court and Houston.
This compilation was released on the 30th Anniversary Special Edition of A Night At The Opera in November of 2005.

Seaside Rendezvous (ANATO 30th DVD) - 2005/11/21

This video is a compilation of stock b/w footage, not much else to say really. For some reason, the footage had some really bad compression artefacts, I've tried to fix this the best I could.
This compilation was released on the 30th Anniversary Special Edition of A Night At The Opera in November of 2005.

The Prophet's Song (ANATO 30th DVD) - 2005/11/21

This video is a compilation of different footage of Queen performing the song live. At the beginning is footage of Brian playing the toy koto, which follows is still photographs with the camera panning around. Then during the echo section, live footage from Earl's Court appears as well as other unrelated footage. This section has also had really annoying special effects, they couldn't just play the footage as is?

Seven Seas Of Rhye (Queen Rocks - The Videos) - 1998/??/??

This video is a compilation of footage of Queen performing the song live in Tokyo 1985 and footage of Queen arriving in Japan in 1975. This compilation was released in 1998 for the Queen Rocks - The Videos on VHS & Laserdisc.

I'm In Love With My Car (Queen Rocks - The Videos) - 1998/??/??

This video is a compilation of different footage of Queen performing the song live and stock footage of various cars. The concerts shown here are the Hammersmith 1979 and Buenos Aires 1981 shows. This compilation was released in 1998 for the Queen Rocks - The Videos on VHS & Laserdisc.

Love Of My Life (ANATO 30th DVD) - 2005/11/21
-Includes Main Track, Stripped Mix Track (C_Matt), Piano & Bass Isolated Track & Band Commentary Track

This video is a compilation of different footage of Queen and Brian performing the song live. There is also some unrelated live footage as well. This compilation was released on the 30th Anniversary Special Edition of A Night At The Opera in November of 2005.

Good Company (ANATO 30th DVD) - 2005/11/21

This video is a compilation of different footage, including various stock footage and of Queen performing unrelated songs live. This compilation was released on the 30th Anniversary Special Edition of A Night At The Opera in November of 2005.

Bohemian Rhapsody - 1975/11/10
-Includes Main Track, Karaoke Track, Instrumental Track (Golden Salmon) 2x Band Commentary Tracks (GVH & ANATO 30th DVD).

This is the standard version of the promo video for Boh Rhap. This particular version comes from Sikke's 2" Tape and was then restored by Chief Mouse. This is basically an untouched version except that I have fixed the issue at the beginning of the ballet section where there was originally an editing flaw on the tape. I have also dubbed on better quality audio as the original audio wasn't the best.

Bohemian Rhapsody (TOTP Version) - 1975/11/10 (First aired on 1975/11/20)
-Includes Main Track, Karaoke Track, Instrumental Track (Golden Salmon) 2x Band Commentary Tracks (GVH & ANATO 30th DVD).

This version of the Boh Rhap was actually the first to be seen by the public as it was broadcast on the November 20th, 1975 episode of Top Of The Pops. It wasn't until the release of the 'Greatest Flix' VHS in 1980 would we see the most common version. This version includes the flames at the beginning and also features different camera angle edits.

I've provided two different sources, one from the ANATO 30th 2005 DVD and one from a re-broadcast of a TOTP episode (December 23rd, 1975 to be specific). I've also included a version of the TOTP without the logo removed if you'd prefer that.

ANATO 30th DVD:

TOTP 1975/12/23 - Rebroadcast (logo removed top right):

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10796 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great! Will you do all versions of all videos and chronologically?

Chinwonder2

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohemian Rhapsody (Wayne's World - Classic Queen VHS) - 1992/10/13

This version of the video is a little different, as it features clips from the Wayne's World film as well as other snippets of various live performances of Queen. It features the Hammersmith 1975 and Wembley 1986 performance the most.

God Save The Queen (ANATO 30th DVD) - 2005/11/21
-Includes Main Track, No Fade In Intro (1975 Single Version), Commentary Track (ANATO 30th DVD) & a Bonus track of Brian At Buckingham Palace in 2002.

This last track I added just for fun, so don't take it too seriously lol.

This video contains lots of different moments of Queen's career onstage. It features clips from Earl's Court, Tokyo 1979, Hammersmith 1979, Wembley 1986 etc.

Killer Queen (Greatest Flix Intro) - 1981/11/02

This version is from the opening intro of the Greatest Flix VHS/Laserdisc/DVD. It features photographs of the band and shows a bio of each member.

Seven Seas Of Rhye (Greatest Hits VHS) - 1992/10/13

This video is a compilation of footage of Queen performing the song live in Tokyo 1985 and footage of Queen arriving in Japan in 1975, it is slightly different to the later release on Queen Rocks in 1998. This compilation was released in 1992 for the Greatest Hits 1992 VHS.

Now I'm Here (Greatest Hits VHS) - 1992/10/13

This video is footage of Queen performing Now I'm Here live at the Rainbow 1974 with the studio version dubbed over. This video was released in 1992 for the Greatest Hits 1992 VHS.

Stone Cold Crazy (Queen Rocks - The Videos) - 1998/??/??

This video is footage of Queen performing Stone Cold Crazy live at the Rainbow 1974 with the studio version dubbed over. This video was released in 1998 for the Queen Rocks - The Videos VHS & Laserdisc.

Keep Yourself Alive (Queen Rocks - The Videos) - - 1998/??/??
-Includes Main Track & Karaoke Track

This is a compilation of footage which was created to mimic the original Old Grey Whistle Test version. It contains stock footage and promo footage from the Brewer Street and St Johns Wood studios. This version was released in 1998 on the Queen Rocks - The Videos VHS & Laserdisc.

Love Of My Life (Live Version - Greatest Video Hits) 2002/10/??
-Includes Main Track & LOML live from Frankfurt 1979/02/02

This video for Love Of My Life features live footage from the third night in Paris and also footage of Brian and Freddie during a soundcheck. It also features the Live Killers version instead of the studio. This video was first shown on the 'The Champions' 1979 documentary but would later be released on the 'Greatest Flix' VHS in 1981 but with the previous and next videos fade over it. The video was released in full on the bonus disc of the 'Greatest Video Hits 1' 2002 DVD.

Tie Your Mother Down (Greatest Flix & Merge) - 1977/02/19
-Includes Main Track, Karaoke Track, Instrumental Track & Commentary Track

This video of Tie Your Mother Down is a merge between the Greatest Flix 1997 DVD & the Greatest Video Hits 2002 DVD. The beginning and ending of the song are edited to flow seamlessly from each song. Unfortunately, the Greatest Video Hits version has been cropped to 16:9, so some frame is lost but it's currently the only source with the full video.

Also, the original video appears to be shot way underexposed, so this creates a noisy and dull looking image. I've tried to fix the exposure and also the colours, as the band's faces looked completely grey. It may not be perfect, but I think it's a bit better. I will also include a raw version of the Flix version with the exposure and colour fixes and also a version without these.

Tie Your Mother Down (Queen Rocks - The Videos) - 1998/??/??
-Includes Main Track

This video is simply a montage of various live performances of the song over the years, featuring audio from the 2nd Wembley 1986. Live performance clips include Earl's Court (both nights), Houston, Hammersmith etc.

Somebody To Love (Avro's TopPop Dutch TV Broadcast) - 1976/11/??
-Includes Main Track

This is a bit of an odd performance but it was officially broadcast by TopPop so it does count. It is a mimed performance to Somebody To Love by Penny De Jager's dance group.

This video unfortunately comes from a YouTube rip and also has not seen any official release on any format as far as I'm aware.

Chief Mouse user not visiting Queenzone.com
Video Man
Chief Mouse
Deity: 2177 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good luck!

Rael user not visiting Queenzone.com
Rael
Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 14:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amazing!!! Thanks, I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread

God save the Queen-hub!!
MackMantilla user not visiting Queenzone.com
MackMantilla
Bohemian: 899 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great. Thanks a lot, Chinwonder.
Maybe I could author a Greatest Video Hits BD with your shares.
Regards.

Golden Salmon user is on Queenzone.com
OwO

Bohemian: 608 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is awesome! Thank you :-D

Shouldn't you protect the link somehow? The problem is that I don't think this board allows to edit a post to add an attachment.

Marlamir user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 528 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweet. Good luck and thank you

Schmelvin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 52 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 17:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doesn't the slate say 16/07?
I don't know, it seems unlikely that they went for a second go on a different date in exactly the same setting.

Chinwonder2

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*Original comment replaced*

Somebody To Love - Legs & Co (Top Of The Pops) - 1976/12/02
-Includes Main Track

This is a bit of an odd performance but it was officially broadcast by Top Of The Pops so it does count. It is a mimed performance to Somebody To Love by the Legs & Co dance group.

This video again unfortunately comes from a YouTube rip (thanks to Kurgan for sharing this) and also has not seen any official release on any format as far as I'm aware.

Somebody To Love (Greatest Flix, GVH & Merge) - 1976/11/04

This video was shot in Wessex studio on November 4th, 1976 and features Queen miming in the studio to STL. Also included is various clips from the Hyde Park 1976 concert, with clips from songs such as The Prophet's Song, Sweet Lady, Liar etc.

I have decided to create a merge of this video, the sources are the Greatest Flix, Greatest Video Hits 1 and the Days Of Our Lives Blu-ray Extras. I have merged the accurate footage from the DOOL with the Greatest Flix and also replaced the beginning of the video with the bit from the GVH. There will also be a raw version of the Greatest Flix and the DOOL video (see post below).

Somebody To Love (Alternative Takes) - 1976/11/04
-Includes Main Track

This is alternative footage which was shot on the same day, this footage comes from the Days Of Our Lives Blu-ray Extras and the footage at the end with the single camera shot, I cannot place where it comes from. It was included in Bullub's Collection of HD Rushes, so thanks to them for including this.

Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy (TOTP) - 1976/06/14
-Includes Main Track

This is the TOTP video, which was broadcast on June 14th, 1976. This has been merged with a recent HD broadcast on BBC Four and the introduction is from the TOTP Big Hits 1977 broadcast.

Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy (Greatest Hits VHS) - 1992/10/13
-Includes Main Track

This is a video compilation featuring live footage from both nights at Earl's Court 1977/ It is synced to the studio version of the song. The original video was over-saturated and quite noisy, so the resulting video quality isn't the greatest.

Teo Torriatte (Days Of Our Lives 2011 - Japanese Exclusive) - 2011/12/21
-Includes Main Track & HD Mix Track

This video was created for the 2011 Days Of Our Lives Blu-ray release for Japan only. It features live footage from Tokyo on April 25th, 1979 and from Tokorozawa on November 3rd, 1982. It also features footage from Queen's first visit to Japan in 1975.

We Will Rock You (Greatest Flix) - 1978/01/xx
-Includes Main Track, Karaoke Track & Commentary Track

This video was shot in Roger Taylor's back garden and by the time the band got to record WWRY, they were already freezing. This video is a merge of the original Greatest Flix release and matching clips from the 2017 documentary 'Rock The World' / 'The American Dream'.

Unfortunately, the video quality on WWRY compared to Spread Your Wings is very strange, it seems worse quality even though it was shot on the same day. So I've tried to fix up the colours to match with the high-quality footage from the documentary. I'll also provide a version of the Flix without the documentary footage.

We Will Rock You (Greatest Video Hits) - 1978/01/xx
-Includes Main Track, Karaoke Track & Commentary Track

This video was shot in Roger Taylor's back garden and by the time the band got to record WWRY, they were already freezing. This video is a merge of the original Greatest Flix release and matching clips from the 2017 documentary 'Rock The World' / 'The American Dream'.

This version of the video contains different takes to what was on the Flix version, and you can easily tell as the new takes look quite blurry for whatever reason, likely a bad transfer or something. Again, I have merged the appropriate 4:3 footage to match the GVH 16:9, and a raw version of the GVH will be included.

We Will Rock You (Fast) (Greatest Flix) - 1977/12/11
-Includes Main Track

This inclusion of the fast We Will Rock You from Houston 1977 I thought was a great idea. The original version included on the Flix wasn't the best quality (about the same as the original TYMD promo vid). So, I have merged two different copies, Chief Mouse's remaster and the rest from the 'Rock The World'/'The American Dream' documentary.

Of course, a raw processed version of the Greatest Flix will be available to download too :)

We Will Rock You (Making Of & Alternative Takes) - 1978/01/xx
-Includes Main Track

This video is a compilation of the available making of and alternative take footage, that we have available of the We Will Rock You promo video. I have included a text file in the Mega folder which gives you for each part which documentary or source was used.

Some of the not so obvious WWRY stamping or behind the scenes footage COULD be from shooting the Spread Your Wings. However, do feel free to let me know! :)

pittrek

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Regarding the date - the full tape of the second version of KYA and Liar starts with a slate dated "9-8-73"

madmetaltom user not visiting Queenzone.com
madmetaltom
Bohemian: 349 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awesome work Chin!

Chinwonder2

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 20:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We Will Rock You (Magic Years Footage Compilation) - 1987/11/30
-Includes Main Track

This video originally comes from the introduction of Volume 1 of the Magic Years 1987 documentary. It features many concerts through the years and also some clips from the WWRY promo video. It also features some quick words from other artists.

We Will Rock You (Champions Of The World Footage Compilation) - 1995/11/06
-Includes Main Track

This video originally comes from the 'Queen On Tour' chapter of the Champions Of The World 1995 documentary. It features many concerts through the years and also some clips from the WWRY promo video.

This version of the video is always remembered by the horrible mistakes in the venue locations either due to lack of research or purposely done, the sample screenshot below is actually from the 2nd Paris 1979 but is labelled as both Munich and Saarbr├╝cken 1979.

We Will Rock You (Queen Rocks - The Videos) - 1998/??/??
-Includes Main Track

This is essentially the same content as the previous documentary edits, only this compilation contains the original promo for WWRY in b/w.

We Are The Champions (Greatest Flix) - 1977/10/07
-Includes Main Track, Different Guitar Track, Karaoke Track & Commentary Track

This video was shot at the New London Theatre by Bob Harris's crew. There are two versions known to exist from that day's shooting, this version and the TOTP version. The Greatest Flix is the best quality version of the video which has been remastered by Chief Mouse, but it's missing the beginning and ending due to crossfades.

However, MyQueenCollection has uploaded a version of the video with the beginning, ending and also the different guitar mix, which was only previously available on very early copies of the GF VHS & some documentaries. Of course, he slaps his logos on the video, so I've done my best to remove them and merge them together.

We Are The Champions (TOTP) - 1977/10/07
-Includes Main Track

This video was shot at the New London Theatre by Bob Harris's crew. There are two versions known to exist from that day's shooting, the Greatest Flix version and thisTOTP version. This video was broadcast on BBC's Top Of The Pops on November 3rd, 1977. This version has been restored by Chief Mouse and I have also fixed the out of sync audio.

We Are The Champions (TOTP - With Colour Intro) - 1977/10/07
-Includes Main Track

This video was shot at the New London Theatre by Bob Harris's crew. There are two versions known to exist from that day's shooting, the Greatest Flix version and thisTOTP version. This video was broadcast on BBC's Top Of The Pops on November 3rd, 1977. This version has been restored by Chief Mouse and I have also fixed the out of sync audio.

The coloured intro comes from an ABC TV report from late 2018, which interviewed Rami Malek about his role in the Bohemian Rhapsody film. The report cuts about halfway through the colour segment, so I managed to find another copy of the colour footage from a 1979 Japanese TV report.

The report: http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/rami-malek-to-play-freddie-mercury-in-upcoming/10379444

We Will Rock You ('Rick Ruined' Remix) - 1992/04/??
-Includes Main Track

This video was created to promote the new Hollywood 1991 remasters of Queen's albums on CD. This video was created for the Rick Rubin's 'Ruined By Rick Ruin' remix of We Will Rock You and was sent out to Video DJ's in April, 1992. Thanks to antiden for originally sharing his VHS recording!

We Are The Champions (The Making Of The Video Compilation) - 1977/10/07
-Includes Audience Recording Track & Studio Audio Track

This video is a compilation of all the behind the scenes work, and the different alternative takes that have emerged from various documentaries. Much of this was compiled by Bullub a while ago with his share here: http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1462049/collection-of-hd-rushes-different-takes.aspx?

What I have done, is moved some clips around and inserted the new clips from the 'Queen - Rock The World' 2017 documentary. For the audio you have two options, I have used the audience recording of the video shoot for the alt takes part, but you also have the option for the normal studio audio too! Also, I have inserted the normal coloured video for sections that don't have any new footage, that has also been remastered by Chief Mouse.

We Are The Champions (The Studio Sessions) - 1977/??/??
-Includes Main Track

This is a compilation of all the available footage from this recording session, it comes from several documentaries; Days Of Our Lives 2011 Documentary & Blu-ray Extras, Queen Forever In Nederland 2014 Documentary & Queen - Rock The World 2017 Documentary.

Unlike my YouTube upload, I decided against the split screen setup. That way, you'll be able to see all the footage in full-screen view. To do this, I have taken that extra footage and placed the appropriate audio there. One small thing to note, there is a very short clip in colour of the reels spinning, so I wonder why they don't have some other colour footage of the session?

pittrek

Chinwonder2

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 22:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sheer Heart Attack (Queen Rocks - The Videos) - 1998/??/??
-Includes Main Track

This is a compilation video taken from the Queen Rocks - The Videos release. It features stock footage of Japanese culture as well as some live clips of the song live. It also has some unrelated live clips, such as the Tokyo 1985 Crazy Little Thing Called Love and Vienna 1982 We Are The Champions near the end.

This is also a slightly edited version of the album track, as it cuts out a bit of the guitar feedback in the instrumental break.

All Dead, All Dead (Official Queen YouTube Channel) - 2018/02/14
-Includes Main Track

This lovely animation video was created for the 40th anniversary of All Dead, All Dead. Directed by Jason Jameson & Robert Milne and produced by Paul Laikin and designed by Unanico Studios.

This version of the video features the normal NOTW album version.

All Dead, All Dead (Hybrid Mix) (Official Queen YouTube Channel) - 2017/10/27
-Includes Hybrid Track & Freddie's Vocal Track

This lovely animation video was created for the 40th anniversary of All Dead, All Dead. Directed by Jason Jameson & Robert Milne and produced by Paul Laikin and designed by Unanico Studios.

This version of the video was released first in October 2017 and used a hybrid mix of both Brian and Freddie's vocal takes, this was used to promote the 'Raw Sessions' CD that was released in the 2017 box set. But the Hybrid mix did not appear on the CD itself.

Spread Your Wings (Greatest Flix) - 1978/01/??
-Includes Main Track, Instrumental Track & Commentary Track

This is the Spread Your Wings promotional video, which was shot on the same day and location as the We Will Rock You video, in Roger's new property garden in Surrey.

This is a merge of 3 sources, the intro clip comes from the Days Of Our Lives 2011 Documentary Extras (Chapter 'Leaving John Reid'), the majority is the Greatest Flix 1997 DVD and the ending guitar outro (3:57) comes from the Greatest Karaoke Hits 2004 DVD as the Flix transitions into Bicycle Race.

Spread Your Wings (Making Of & Alt Takes) - 1978/01/??
-Includes Main Track

This video is a compilation of the available making of and alternative take footage, that we have available of the SPread Your Wings promo video. A text file in the Mega folder will give you where each part comes from which documentary.

It's Late (Queen Rocks - The Videos) - 1998/??/??
-Includes Main Track

This video from the Queen Rocks - The Videos release is a compilation of footage, from stock footage and live concert clips. This also contains an edited version of the album, much like the American single release.

It's Late (BBC Recording Sessions) - 1977/10/28
-Includes Main Track & Isolated Backing Vocals Track

This footage is of the band recording the backing vocals to the BBC Sessions version of It's Late. This version would later be broadcast on BBC Radio 2 on November 14th, 1977. This footage was then discovered 40 years later and included on the 'Queen - Rock The World' and 'Queen - The American Dream' documentaries. This particular footage hasn't aged well as it appears to be a backup copy stored on tape rather than directly from film. The final segments of the band having a tea and smoke break appear to be directly from film and are much better quality.

My Melancholy Blues (BBC Recording Sessions) - 1977/10/28
-Includes Main Track

This footage is of Freddie recording a vocal and piano take for the BBC Sessions version of My Melancholy Blues. This version would later be broadcast on BBC Radio 2 on November 14th, 1977.

This footage is a merge of several different sources, including (in order):

Queen The American Dream 2017 DVD, The Great Pretender 2012 documentary and Days Of Our Lives 2011 documentary.

I Wanna Testify (Marc Bolan TV Appearance) - 1977/09/14
-Includes Main Track

This footage is of Roger Taylor promoting his latest single 'I Wanna Testify', the video for which later appeared on the Marc Bolan TV show.

This video is a merge of two sources, an unofficial DVD released in Japan in 2007 called 'MARC - Marc Bolan TV Show' and the official Queen YouTube channel. The YT video is used at the beginning and ending as the DVD version has weird borders and is also cut at the ending.

Fat Bottomed Girls (Best Merge) - 1978/10/??

This is the promo video for Fat Bottomed Girls, filmed at the Convention Centre, Dallas, Texas. This is a merged version of the video as the Flix version has the missing beginning and endings, so I have used what's available from the Greatest Video Hits.

As Brian and Roger mention in the commentary, the original rushes and outtakes could not be found and as such the video is kinda stuck as it was produced in 1978. Therefore, I've tried to create the longest version possible (without duplicating footage). I have cut the song slightly as the GVH uses repeated footage to fill in the time for the album version of the track. The original video was very likely to be created with the single version in mind.

------------------------

SEE NEXT PAGE FOR MORE ENTRIES

AOCQ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 23:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks!