Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Promo/Music Video - Complete & Best Available Collection *On Going*

forum rss feed
Author

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 9498 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 07:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amazing start of the new year!
Thank you!!!

We love you Mandy!
pmatsynot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 458 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 11:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you to everybody involved

QSMJohn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 189 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Chin! :)

dajalma user is on Queenzone.com

Champion: 62 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

great job thank you chin

hellow queenzone
Chopin1995 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chopin1995
Bohemian: 960 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Chin for this project!

Blackvy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 269 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excellent! Thanks so much Chin :)

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10804 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 16:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey I just noticed that your Seven Seas of Rhye versions have black and white copies of segments which I have in color. In the case that you would be interested in re-doing them let me know and I'll upload you the color bits

Chinwonder2 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chinwonder2
Royalty: 1705 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 16:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*Original comment replaced*

Fat Bottomed Girls (Queen Rocks - The Videos) - 1998/??/??
-Includes Main Track

This is a compilation video taken from the Queen Rocks - The Videos release. It features mostly the normal promo video for FBG and also is intercut with the mud wrestling footage that was used in the 'Magic Years' 1987 documentary.

Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire

Bicycle Race (Censored Version) - 1978/??/??
-Includes Main Track, Karaoke Track, Instrumental Track & Commentary Track.

This is a montage of animation and footage of the band from various promo videos and the Hyde Park concert on September 18th, 1976. This version also includes the film footage of the naked bicycle racers, but heavily censored with special effects.
I have used an unofficial copy, remastered by Chief Mouse here to restore the full beginning and ending as they were cut by the song transitions.

I have also replaced the TYMD down promo video segments with my colour corrected copy, as the included segments in the original video looked awful. I have also tried to reduce the weird black lines which appear on every release of the Greatest Flix.

Bicycle Race (Cocaine Version) - 1978/??/??

This is a montage of animation and footage of the band from various promo videos and the Hyde Park concert on
September 18th, 1976. This version also includes the film footage of the naked bicycle racers, but heavily censored with
special effects.

This is the same version as above, the only difference this time is that the word ‘Cocaine’ pans across the screen and
‘white powder’ appears also when that lyric appears in the song. I’m not 100% sure if this was a real version produced, it
may be an early EMI tape, anyway, I have tried to re-create this based off of the Greatest Karaoke Hits DVD, as it is the
only known version to have the same effects.

Bicycle Race (Greatest Video Hits - NSFW) - 2002/10/??

This is a re-creation of what the original director Denis De Vallance I’m sure was aiming for. This version of the video is a mixture of Queen miming the song on a setup stage, which was taped in Dallas, Texas on October 28th, 1978 and the nude cyclists at Wimbledon Stadium, London on September 17th, 1978.

Of course, this video contains nudity and such so, yeah lol.

Bicycle Race (Stage Performance) - 1978/10/28

This video is just the raw stage performance video which was shot in Dallas, Texas. This video doesn’t contain any footage of the nude cyclists.

Bicycle Race (Making Of & Alt Takes - NSFW) - 1978/09/17

-Includes Main Track

This video is a compilation of all the available rushes and alternative footage of the nude bicyclists. This also includes two short interviews with one of the cyclists Jane Warner and Halfords Marketing Manager David Duffield, from where the bicycles were rented from. Again, this video contains nudity, obviously.

Dead On Time (Old Grey Whistle Test) – 1978/10/31
-Includes Main Track & Original Audio Track

This video begins with an interview with Brian, who was at the soundcheck for that night’s gig at New Orleans and is
being interviewed by Annie Nightingale for the Old Grey Whistle Test.

After the interview to promote the album which was
released just over a week later on November 10th, is Dead On Time for which the video is a compilation of footage
similarly as to how Keep Yourself Alive was first broadcast.

Thanks to dysan for sharing this originally and as the download link is gone, I had to resort to using David R Fuller’s YouTube upload, which isn’t optimal but it’s better than nothing :)

Don’t Stop Me Now – 1979/01/26
Includes Main Track, Karaoke Track, Instrumental Track, Revisited Track (2018 mix) & Commentary Track

This video for Don’t Stop Me Now was shot in Brussels in January, 1979 and was directed by J. Kliebenstein. As Brian and
Roger mention in the commentary it’s only a 1 or 2 camera shoot, so the band are huddled together to be in shot. Funnily
enough, the cameraman for Freddie’s solo shot at the end, can be seen in the shot before on the right.

This video was originally shot on 16mm film but would later be transferred to tape and edited for it’s various
distributions, such as on TOTP, Greatest Flix etc. This version of the video comes from a 16mm reel transfer by Sikke and
later restored by Chief Mouse. All I have done here is regraded the colours slightly to remove the overly red hue that was
going on and added the audio tracks of course. The image is still a bit overblown and soft in areas, but that is down to the
original transfer and not the restoration done by CM or myself. If the video was shared in HD, it would look amazing.

Check out my channel for various goodies! :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Chinwonder2
Chinwonder2

Posted: 17 Jan 19, 10:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*Original Comment Replaced*

Live Killers (Mixing & Overdubbing – 1979/??/??
-Includes Main Track

This video features some very short clips of the mixing and recording overdubs for the Live Killers album. For a while, it was originally thought that it may be from the early Game album sessions. But several people from within the band have mentioned that this is from the ‘Jazz’ era. The icing on the cake so to speak, is from Peter Hince (aka ‘Ratty’ or one of Queen’s roadies), included a photo within his book ‘Queen Unseen’ of Freddie sitting in a studio with the caption “Freddie during the mixing of the ‘Live Killers’ album in 1979”. A link to the article can be seen here.

It’s also unknown when this footage was taken exactly, but do know that the mixing and overdubbing took place after the Japan ’79 shows and obviously before the album’s release on June 22nd, 1979 (in the UK). So sometime between May 7th and early June is a good estimate I guess lol. Unfortunately, there is so accompanying audio for any of the footage here, so I have just dubbed some audio from the LK album. The footage comes from a mixture of the 2011 Days Of Our Lives Documentary, Freddie Mercury’s 65th Birthday Video from 2011 and The Champions 1979 TV special.

Play The Game – 1980/05/29
-Includes Main Track, Karaoke Track, Instrumental Track & Commentary Track

This video for Play The Game was shot in Trillion Studios in London on May 29th, 1980. This would be the first time the public would see Freddie’s new facial hair. Many people hated the moustache and began to send razors to the Queen offices demanding it be shaved off, Freddie even referenced it on tour about him keeping his moustache “It's my moustache, and I'm gonna keep it.”.

This video would feature a Chroma Key background which changes throughout the video, and during the video Freddie grabs the guitar from Brian and then throws it back to him. For obvious reasons, the Red Special wasn’t used for this shoot, so Brian opted to use a cheap Fender guitar for the stunt. In the original video, there was a section at 1:49 where the shot was reversed during the editing of the video, to preserve continuity with the next shot. I have decided to fix this as the original reverse shot made Freddie look a bit off. I have also replaced the ending with footage from the Greatest Video Hits 1 DVD as the Greatest Flix is cut off.

Play The Game (Making Of & Alt Takes) – 1980/05/29
-Includes Main Track

This is the available footage from the making of and behind the scenes of the ‘Play The Game’ video shoot. Here are the
sources in the order of appearance, The Great Pretender 2012 doc, Let Me In Your Heart Again 2014 YouTube video,
Queen In Nederland 2014 doc and rest are LMIYHA again.

Another One Bites The Dust – 1980/05/29

This video for Another One Bites The Dust was shot in the ‘Reunion Arena’ in Texas on August 9th, 1980. This video has been restored by Chief Mouse as the original was quite dark and contained a lot of motion blur, added at the time to the video for effect. As far as Queen videos go, this one is the worst looking one, I’m not sure if it was filmed underexposed as the isn’t a lot of detail and again it’s quite dark. Hopefully, if we see a re-scan of the film, it will look a lot better.

As the original Flix copy is cut at the beginning and end, I have used the Greatest Video Hits 1 DVD to fill in the beginning, and the Greatest Karaoke Hits DVD to fill in the clip at the end. Thankfully the Karaoke DVD retains the native 4:3 ratio, whereas the Greatest Video Hits doesn’t.

Another One Bites The Dust (Alt Takes) – 1980/05/29
-Includes Main Track & Original Bass Heavy Track.

This version of the video comes from the 1981 Queen Special which has had many different broadcasts, including the English (US), Japan & German dubs. This special features mostly footage from the Hammersmith show on December 26th, 1979 and also featured 2 different versions of promo videos, Another One Bites The Dust being one of them and the other, Flash, which will be done at a later time.

This version of the video is cut slightly (likely to do with time constraints, as the program without the adverts is approx. 50 mins). But what we have is mostly different takes of the music video, some of which made it into the official version we all know, but a lot is different. However, the continuity of the video is a lot worse than with the official, as this was likely edited quickly with all the different takes to make a video. Freddie’s hat changes colour multiple times throughout and the angles don’t always match up with the movement.

Another One Bites The Dust (TOTP – Legs & Co. Performance) – 1980/09/25
-Includes Main Track.

This is a bit of an odd performance but it was officially broadcast by Top Of The Pops so it does count. It is a mimed
performance to Another One Bites The Dust by the Legs & Co dance group.

This video comes from Kurgan, (thanks to him for sharing this) and also has not seen any official release on any format
as far as I'm aware.

Crazy Little Thing Called Love – 1979/09/20
This video for Crazy Little Thing Called Love was shot in the Trillion Studio in London on September 20th, 1979. This is a standard performance, with four dancers and a 'floor of hands' and for the first time, Brian plays a Telecaster rather than his red special.

Fortunately, the Greatest Flix copy is intact at the beginning but not at the end, so I have used a clip from the Days Of Our Lives Blu-Ray Extra, as it matches the shot at the end of the original video.

Chopin1995 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chopin1995
Bohemian: 960 posts

Posted: 17 Jan 19, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice! Thanks to everyone involved.

dudeofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 827 posts

Posted: 17 Jan 19, 16:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wonderful. Thank you so much for spending the time doing what MayLor should be allowing.

shamar user not visiting Queenzone.com
shamar
Bohemian: 146 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 19, 22:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How to download clips from YT in HD?
They've made another secure block

pittrek

Posted: 19 Jan 19, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

shamar wrote:

How to download clips from YT in HD?
They've made another secure block

For example jDownloader

Chinwonder2

Posted: 19 Jan 19, 15:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*Original post replaced*

Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Alternative Takes) – 1979/09/20

This is alternative footage which was shot on the same day, this footage comes from the Days Of Our Lives Blu-ray Extras. Although in some shots they have spliced in footage from the Greatest Video Hits for some reason (at 1:12 & 2:20).

Save Me – 1979/12/22
This video for Save Me was shot in the Alexandra Palace in London on December 22nd, 1979. This is a standard performance of the track, which adds computer animation of a woman and bird. It is also the first Queen video to feature animation.

To replace the lost video at the beginning, I used a combination of the Greatest Video Hits 1 DVD and a Re-Broadcast of a TOTP episode from February 1980 (thanks to Kurgan for uploading).

shamar

Posted: 19 Jan 19, 21:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doesn't work for me. I mean JDowloader works but plugin is outdated. I updated plugin and... still the same.
It shows just 2 files from YT videos: video and audio but don't join it after downloading

pittrek

Posted: 19 Jan 19, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wait - are you using jDownloader or jDownloader2? I just used jDownloader2 for downloading a 1080p video. The old jDownloader (v1) was abandoned a long time ago and has problems with plugins

Chinwonder2

Posted: 19 Jan 19, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, make sure that you follow the link I gave you. JDownloader2 is the latest supported version!

-Chin

shamar

Posted: 19 Jan 19, 22:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was talkin ofkorz ab JD2 ;)

shamar

Posted: 19 Jan 19, 22:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry for double post but - as u see previous was sent... empty

(SOLVED) - the problem was not outdated but... updated JDownloader - exactly newest ffmpeg encoder.

jankogel user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 52 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 19, 23:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you! Message me if you need solo videos of Freddie or Roger. Have all their dvd/ Blu-ray releases :)