add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 15:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4331 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yay, just saw this announcement about a new song being released TODAY:

http://variety.com/2019/music/news/adam-lambert-signs-record-deal-empire-new-song-1203144579/amp/

SweetCaroline

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“@adamlambert Hi. I know you’ve been waiting! Well I’m finally ready to bring new music to all of you.

I wanted to give a gift to you to kick off this new era before I drop my first official single. It’s a preview of the upcoming album - and a song from me to you.

#FeelSomething“

SweetCaroline

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are the people in this forum brain dead? Try reading the link I posted, above! Geez!

SweetCarolina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 105 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 18:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeaaaaaaaah, more Adaaaaam!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4189 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 18:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Right before the Oscars. What is he trying to do, leap of the success of the biopic again?

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2069 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bucsateflon wrote:

Who did the writing and producing of the song?

Benedict Cork co wrote it with Adam and Josh Cumbee likely produced it.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 18:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

bucsateflon wrote:

Cork is a friend of AL's am I right?

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Right before the Oscars. What is he trying to do, leap of the success of the biopic again?

He's had tons of press recently - Kennedy Center, Elvis Tribute etc and he'd already announced he would be releasing new music soon. Aside from that this isn't an official single it's a "gift" to his fans ahead of new music being released. Don't see why he shouldn't capitalize on the press he's been getting and the Elvis thing was only the day before the Oscar's announcement, pretty sure the release of this single would have been worked out before they even knew about the Oscars.

SweetCarolina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 105 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is the best, he deserves Hollywood Records, EMI, Toshiba, Virgin, Island Records!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

He's had tons of press recently - Kennedy Center, Elvis Tribute etc and he'd already announced he would be releasing new music soon. Aside from that this isn't an official single it's a "gift" to his fans ahead of new music being released. Don't see why he shouldn't capitalize on the press he's been getting and the Elvis thing was only the day before the Oscar's announcement, pretty sure the release of this single would have been worked out before they even knew about the Oscars.

Tons of press for singing cover songs.
It does seem he wants to jump on the Oscars publicity this time around. It's known well in advance when the Oscars take place after all. Knowing Q+AL will perform this Sunday as well, is a little interesting. I can't help but notice the timing.
He has gone to an independent label it seems. Not really surprised, but I wish he could...or can explain what happened with WB when the time is right.
Apparently, the song is a ballad.
This is no joke right now. I'm sorry to hear he has been depressed and I hope he continues to have that support system of friends around him.

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

It does seem he wants to jump on the Oscars publicity this time around. It's known well in advance when the Oscars take place after all. Knowing Q+AL will perform this Sunday as well, is a little interesting. I can't help but notice the timing.
He has gone to an independent label it seems. Not really surprised, but I wish he could...or can explain what happened with WB when the time is right.
This is no joke right now. I'm sorry to hear he has been depressed and I hope he continues to have that support system of friends around him.

Brian wrote this on his instagram the other day "YES ! ... after much drama (drama is what it’s all about, right ?!) we have been engaged to Tear it Up, in person, live and dangerous, one night only, at the Academy Awards ceremony. Thank you, Oscars people - we will make you proud ! And, folks ... Be There !!! Bri

Seems pretty obvious from that and his previous comment about not turning down the Oscars that it was up in the air and nothing decided until last minute so I highly doubt him releasing music was timed specifically to this and aside from that it's not an official single. He's been getting lots of media buzz every time he's done anything recently and tons of media outlets were talking about him releasing music early this year when he did an interview and mentioned it, they even picked up on it when he did the twitter party with fans. I don't see what difference it makes what the media interest is about it all helps to keep his name being talked about and that's what you need when you release new music.

I would think him saying he decided to change management and label mean it was his decision to leave and would tie in with him seeming to start again after saying he'd finished the album early last year, when you leave a label you often have to give up the music you've already worked on and from his letter it sounds like he wasn't happy with the direction the label wanted him to go in. I'm glad he swapped labels and management, there's nothing more soul destroying than working on something you have no real feeling for and it's definitely not conducive to being happy.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 19:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic, looking forward to midnight unless someone from Europe or the UK posts it earlier!!!!’

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

bucsateflon wrote:

Yeah they're friends, most of the people he's worked with on his new album have been either personal friends or people he's got to know through friends rather than just writers the label teamed him up with like last time.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Brian wrote this on his instagram the other day "YES ! ... after much drama (drama is what it’s all about, right ?!) we have been engaged to Tear it Up, in person, live and dangerous, one night only, at the Academy Awards ceremony. Thank you, Oscars people - we will make you proud ! And, folks ... Be There !!! Bri

Seems pretty obvious from that and his previous comment about not turning down the Oscars that it was up in the air and nothing decided until last minute so I highly doubt him releasing music was timed specifically to this and aside from that it's not an official single. He's been getting lots of media buzz every time he's done anything recently and tons of media outlets were talking about him releasing music early this year when he did an interview and mentioned it, they even picked up on it when he did the twitter party with fans. I don't see what difference it makes what the media interest is about it all helps to keep his name being talked about and that's what you need when you release new music.

I would think him saying he decided to change management and label mean it was his decision to leave and would tie in with him seeming to start again after saying he'd finished the album early last year, when you leave a label you often have to give up the music you've already worked on and from his letter it sounds like he wasn't happy with the direction the label wanted him to go in. I'm glad he swapped labels and management, there's nothing more soul destroying than working on something you have no real feeling for and it's definitely not conducive to being happy.

Brian and the dangerous bit...sheesh he overuses that word, doesn't he ;-) xD.
I'm going to admit to you, because I can...and you probably won't get upset, the timing of it and the Oscars is the first thing I noticed.
I think it's clear he put a lot of himself in the new music. He was chasing highs a couple of years ago, and it could be that he will be more introspective this time around?

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1219 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sure everybody knows when the Oscars are, but nobody including QAL knew they were opening it. You can't just drop a song from one day to the next. Luckily, it happened that way. And if it were planned, that is what you call great publicity. For once his label is doing something right. As far as the business with WB, not sure why that would interest or concern you. Artists don't have to talk about their business or private matters and this is a private business matter. Gee, you didn't even want him to answer a question about Freddie's sexuality, which everyone has long been aware of, so why would this be a topic for conversation? Some things just aren't anybody's business. Cover songs mentioned again, but lots of people are excited to hear him sing Queen, as they won't hear it live any other way. Can you be any more negative about Adam? I don't think you could be if you tried. You sure sound happy about all the Adam news!!! (Sarcasm, just in case you are confused!!!). Tons of people all over are thrilled about the Oscar performance and the new song, which isn't the single, just a gift for the fans. You can revel in Freddie stuff instead and leave us to our happy thoughts for a couple of days. Thrilled for QAL and Adam. I heard the new song and it is beautiful. Vocals are front and center and not over produced!!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 20:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese, I’m not reading her posts but from your response I take it she is being a negative bitch again!

I hope Adam hasn’t been reading these disgusting Queen forums!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese, I’m not reading her posts but from your response I take it she is being a negative bitch again!

I hope Adam hasn’t been reading these disgusting Queen forums!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 21:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Sure everybody knows when the Oscars are, but nobody including QAL knew they were opening it. You can't just drop a song from one day to the next. Luckily, it happened that way. And if it were planned, that is what you call great publicity. For once his label is doing something right. As far as the business with WB, not sure why that would interest or concern you. Artists don't have to talk about their business or private matters and this is a private business matter. Gee, you didn't even want him to answer a question about Freddie's sexuality, which everyone has long been aware of, so why would this be a topic for conversation? Some things just aren't anybody's business. Cover songs mentioned again, but lots of people are excited to hear him sing Queen, as they won't hear it live any other way. Can you be any more negative about Adam? I don't think you could be if you tried. You sure sound happy about all the Adam news!!! (Sarcasm, just in case you are confused!!!). Tons of people all over are thrilled about the Oscar performance and the new song, which isn't the single, just a gift for the fans. You can revel in Freddie stuff instead and leave us to our happy thoughts for a couple of days. Thrilled for QAL and Adam. I heard the new song and it is beautiful. Vocals are front and center and not over produced!!

Q+AL has dropped songs more than once, by the way.
I'd rather Q+AL not open the show, just because I'd think there could be more time if they played in a different slot. But I think more time will go to Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper.
Is it wrong of me to hope he will be open about what happened with WB...and you are seriously comparing that to when he discussed Freddie's sexuality? What on Earth. Again, one of those things isn't like the other since you need it pointed out to you. What's the matter, afraid it could come out if he was dropped? The man is very open about many things at least some of the time.
I wasn't expecting new music from AL until next month or April. But apparently midnight is when he will release his new song. I will be tuning in to it. What more do you want, oh right all the praise for your AL. If he doesn't get it - LQQK OUT!
Something has set you off again, that's for sure.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 21:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

bucsateflon wrote:

Yeah they're friends, most of the people he's worked with on his new album have been either personal friends or people he's got to know through friends rather than just writers the label teamed him up with like last time.

I've read also, Cork is a friend of Sam Smith's as well. Small world.