Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Adam’s new label and new music

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4324 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 May 19, 14:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dimitrius was cut before the Queen themed episode and that’s why they teamed him up with “Queen frontman” Adam last night.

http://variety.com/2019/music/news/american-idol-finale-adam-lambert-1203220644/

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5751 posts

Posted: 20 May 19, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Queen music is powerful and Freddie had dynamic and strong vocals. Did HE oversing?

Are you just writing random nonsense now?

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4176 posts

Posted: 20 May 19, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Queen music is powerful and Freddie had dynamic and strong vocals. Did HE oversing?

Why do you ask? Have you ever listened to Freddie? Apparently not, considering your stupid "question" or dig.
Yes, Freddie over sang at times...go listen to the back cataloge to find out how and where, but you just might learn something and that's a no no for you.
He still sounded better than AL any day, for the record.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 May 19, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Are you just writing random nonsense now?

Now?? She usually always has. and I dare say
she mostly wil l;-)
One of those past, present and future type of thing.
;-)

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 May 19, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

For those who say he stopped oversinging - think again. Absolutely annopying performance and voice. Unlistenable. I rather listen to Madonna's ESC appearance.

Not only did he over sing but, AL tried to out sing Demetrius. AL tried to make the Bohemian Rhapsody performance all about AL.
I didn't like AL's performance at all, not his own song, or Bohemian Rhapsody.

Iron Butterfly

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2748 posts

Posted: 20 May 19, 18:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

No he did not sing BoRHap like Mariah Carey. BTW he WROTE the song as well. Lameass just destroys it. Keep this fucker away from Queen songs as far as possible. Gift from God My ass!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 20 May 19, 21:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“Dimitrius Graham
Omg @RollingStone just wrote about @adamlambert and my self , I’m so honored to sing next to a legend“

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 May 19, 21:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

“Dimitrius Graham
Omg @RollingStone just wrote about @adamlambert and my self , I’m so honored to sing next to a legend“

Did he mean the legendary song? AL isn't a legend...I guess he is in your eyes ( pun intended ). but that doesn't make him one.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 20 May 19, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yup, Adam is being called a legend! I predicted that 10 years ago!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 May 19, 23:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yup, Adam is being called a legend! I predicted that 10 years ago!

A legend how exactly? Do tell! Wonder how you could big him up once again. That you think he is Freddie, Elvis, Bowie all wrapped into one?
He's not a legend. He's riding on Queen's coattails, and even that can't help him with his solo music.
You are deluded that you think he's a legend, when he's spent more years with Brian and Roger than his own music.
No numbers to brag or bitch about this evening for New Eyes? Oh, it's number 69 on the chart you linked to the other day. Some Glamberts trying to boost the numbers for it by streaming and watching it on repeat. LOL.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 20 May 19, 23:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yup, just went up from 72 to 69! Hee! Hee!

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2064 posts

Posted: 20 May 19, 23:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

For those who say he stopped oversinging - think again. Absolutely annopying performance and voice. Unlistenable. I rather listen to Madonna's ESC appearance.

Not only did he over sing but, AL tried to out sing Demetrius. AL tried to make the Bohemian Rhapsody performance all about AL.

Completely disagree that he tried to outsing Dimitrius, everyone is saying how he let him shine, he didn't even sing at all in the opera section and he's always been known for being generous with anyone he does a duet with. Bo Rhap was chopped up ridiculously so it didn't sound right and wouldn't no matter who sung it, they did a crap job of editing it down IMO.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 May 19, 00:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Completely disagree that he tried to outsing Dimitrius, everyone is saying how he let him shine, he didn't even sing at all in the opera section and he's always been known for being generous with anyone he does a duet with. Bo Rhap was chopped up ridiculously so it didn't sound right and wouldn't no matter who sung it, they did a crap job of editing it down IMO.

I absolutely hate it when Bohemian Rhapsody is edited...and when it's so choppy, I hate it even more. Not having a good at AL... but I wish another song was picked to perform. They are shorter, less complicated Queen songs, but then again Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the most known classic rock songs ever.
As for AL trying to out sing, I'm actually standing by my views. Maybe if the song wasn't so edited it could have been better. It likely would have been better I dare say.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 May 19, 00:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yup, just went up from 72 to 69! Hee! Hee!

Wow, such a leap! Such high numbers!
*Sarcasm*
Fact is, some songs that have been out for longer are higher in some cases. And AL performing on idol didn't do much for New Eyes. Boo hoo for you ;-).
And you choose not to answer why you think AL is a legend. Thanks for sparing us that crap ;-).

SweetCaroline

Posted: 21 May 19, 00:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“Variety: "Lambert emerged, styled in black and generously allowing his partner to shine, particularly in the operatic section. It was nice to see the subtle ways that Lambert shares the stage with whomever he is paired with. It’s his gift"

Posted: 21 May 19, 00:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I absolutely hate it when Bohemian Rhapsody is edited...and when it's so choppy, I hate it even more. Not having a good at AL... but I wish another song was picked to perform. They are shorter, less complicated Queen songs, but then again Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the most known classic rock songs ever.
As for AL trying to out sing, I'm actually standing by my views. Maybe if the song wasn't so edited it could have been better. It likely would have been better I dare say.

It definitely would have been better with less editing but the song choice was down to Dimitrius, he'd said weeks ago he wanted to sing it on Queen night and got voted off before that week so he wanted to do it when he got asked to be on the finale.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 May 19, 00:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

“Variety: "Lambert emerged, styled in black and generously allowing his partner to shine, particularly in the operatic section. It was nice to see the subtle ways that Lambert shares the stage with whomever he is paired with. It’s his gift"

Cut and paste from Variety by you...your latest Bible in all things Lambert. LOL. At least you could try thinking for yourself, then again you can't do that, so here we are. Cut and paste filling up most of your posts for you.
Lazy way of doing things. Of course if it's glowing about AL you will copy and paste it, otherwise no chance. You always try to rebuke anything that's not 100% praise.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 May 19, 00:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

It definitely would have been better with less editing but the song choice was down to Dimitrius, he'd said weeks ago he wanted to sing it on Queen night and got voted off before that week so he wanted to do it when he got asked to be on the finale.

Have you watched this season of idol? Truthfully I haven't, but just wondering what else Demitrous has sang throughout the season. Or rather, is he a rocker per say?
It's a shame he got voted off before he could sing Bohemian Rhapsody...one of the reasons I hate these type of shows is to see disappointment like that.

Posted: 21 May 19, 01:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Have you watched this season of idol? Truthfully I haven't, but just wondering what else Demitrous has sang throughout the season. Or rather, is he a rocker per say?
It's a shame he got voted off before he could sing Bohemian Rhapsody...one of the reasons I hate these type of shows is to see disappointment like that.

No I haven't been watching it but I heard about him really wanting to sing Bo Rhap the other week. He's apparently done music at college, he doesn't appear to do rock mostly things like Sam Smith, Adele, Ed Sheeran, someone said he's trained in opera but no idea if that's true.