Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Adam’s new label and new music

forum rss feed
Author

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3579 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Mar 19, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Naysayers have been proclaiming that for 10 years and he has now earned over 25 million (was a millionaire prior to QAL) and his star seems to be rising this year. Non- celebrities are not singing on the Kennedy Honors Show and he closed it out and sang 2 songs! He was on the Elvis Special this year and he played at the Oscars. He will be a character in a movie with a big featured song later this year and he will be releasing new music. What part of that signals that his 15 minutes of fame are up? You wish, but it isn't going to be happening any time soon! More and more people are rediscovering him. Many tuned out after Idol and particularly that AMA performance. I think he is reconnecting and he will just be going forward from here. He is very popular in some of the different parts of the world like Asia. The UK isn't everything you know. I am sure they have the highest number of die hard Queen fans in GB, so there would obviously be more resistance to him over there. I think this is going to be a great year for Adam!!


You sad lunatic. He is "rediscovered"? He is only known because of his karaoke job in Queen minus. Ohterwise he would have faded into obscurity. NOONE wants to see QAL because of him they want to see Maylor and Freddie on the screen. Some tolerate him most hate him


Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 3158 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Mar 19, 22:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wasp. wrote:

Snifflese The UK is the most important country in the world if you want to make it huge.


Which is why every major band in the world needed to successfully break into the US market to make it.

That's why in the 70's and in 1980 Queen played more shows there then any other country. The same as Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd or Genisis or Fleetwood Mac or the Eagles, the US was and still is the biggest ticket selling market and musi sales market in the world

Oasis were huge in the UK but in comparison were a drop in the ocean in The States, where do they rank amongst the greats. . .

You talk crap sometimes



snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1640 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 19, 00:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Obviously you haven't been reading people's tweets. A lot of them had no idea he sang with Queen all these years, nor did they know about Adam's music as they didn't follow him. Singing Believe and on the Oscars has brought him into people's radar again, you sad lunatic, you! Not everyone follows singers. Most people are just pretty oblivious and just listen to the crap on the radio. Many don't even do that. It is hard to sell music nowadays. That is why singers and musicians have to have a brand and diversify. You aren't keeping up with the trends.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2580 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 19, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wasp. wrote:

The Uk remains a haven for world wide music acts and if you do not make it in the UK
then you are a nobody and that was said by Simon Cowell.


Well if Simon said it then it must be true!!! This is the same Simon Cowell who thinks Adam's brilliant right?


Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 3158 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 19, 23:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wasp. wrote:

Vocal Harmony Disagree with your rants again. The Uk remains a haven for world wide music acts and if you do not make it in the UK
then you are a nobody and that was said by Simon Cowell.
Every artist longs for a slice of the cake here in the UK as it is the capital head quarters of the world as far as pop / rock music is concerned.
Oasis are irrelevant because they are crap to start with.


Cowell has to sell airtime and his product. He says what ever he thinks his audience wants to hear.

If the UK market is so huge why did he or any one else think it was so important to break into the US, why is his US franchise so important.

I don't like Oasis, but in this discussion they are relevant because they represent a band wth huge UK sales but mean nothing in the States and when compared to Zeppilin, Floyd, Queen and others who broke America there sales are pitiful because of a lack of huge US success

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2580 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 19, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wasp. wrote:

Then Simon Cowell is like May & Taylor, he tells folk what they want to hear to sell the product and that is exactly what Brian did hyping Adam Lambert, and many kids believe
the hype and think if Brian says he is good he must be!
Believe me May & Taylor are crafty and know how to flog anything for money, even a lady boy.


Sorry to burst your little bubble but most of us actually have minds of our own and don't need to be told if someone's good or not. If Brian starts raving on about how brilliant Taylor Swift is I'm still not gonna want to listen to her, I don't base my opinion on what someone else thinks is good.



snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1640 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 19, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have you ever thought that Brian and Roger actually think that Adam is a "Gift from God" like they are always saying? I doubt it has anything to do with money at all. There are just TOO many musicians, singers and producers who rave about his voice for this all to be some phony scam. People who work with voices every day single Adam's voice out to say how amazing it is. Maybe it is you who are wrong. Just because you can't appreciate it, doesn't mean much at all compared to those who are amazed by his voice.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5196 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 19, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For the unbelievers — “Adam Lambert’s Beautiful Voice”

http://soundbath.wordpress.com/2016/07/24/adam-lamberts-beautiful-voice/amp/

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 3158 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 19, 17:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You've never been to a gig so your opinion isn't valid

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3579 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 19, 18:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

You've never been to a gig so your opinion isn't valid


I have never seen Britney SPears or Justin Bieber or alikes in Person. But I have seen Videos and heard songs. I know I would absolutely hate it. WHy should it be different with Lamebird when you have eyes and ears?????

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5196 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 19, 20:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“He cannnot do what Freddie used to do.”

So what did Freddie do that Adam cannot do? Be specific!



runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3579 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 19, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

“He cannnot do what Freddie used to do.”

So what did Freddie do that Adam cannot do? Be specific!



Write great songs
Sing
Playing instrumentsowning an audience in the palm of his hands
being creative
being humurous and tongue in cheek without being ridiculous

need I go On???
Nothing -. i repeat _ NOTHING of the above is Lameturd in any fshape or form capable of. He is a wannabe rock star acting his role in a bad way. And his voice is an annoying whining lil girls voice. And he looks like a trans asian Ladyboy


Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5540 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 19, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So...how is everyone?

Saint Jiub user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Saint Jiub
Deity: 8022 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Mar 19, 00:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One can never be sure which orifice Brian May uses when he speaks to the press, but either way it stinks to high heaven ...

“Paul was a hero to Freddie and us when we were starting out.”— Queen’s Brian May
www.goldminemag.com/articles/rock-stars-worship-the-work-of-paul-rodgers

5th November 2008 Quote: "FREDDIE (MERCURY) was a huge PAUL RODGERS fan, (he) absolutely adored his voice. He was a different animal, but he would have loved to be able to sing like that." Brian May insists late rocker Mercury would have approved of Queen's replacement for him. http://www.contactmusic.com/brian-may/quotes

May said that Lambert’s so good in the role, Mercury would have been jealous. “Freddie would love and hate him, because Adam has a real gift from God,” May told Yahoo.
www.nme.com/news/music/queens-brian-may-says-freddie-mercury-would-love-and-hate-adam-lambert-2372810




Socialism:



There's one for you, nineteen for me

Should five per cent appear too small

Be thankful I don't take it all
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5540 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Mar 19, 04:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saint Jiub wrote:

One can never be sure which orifice Brian May uses when he speaks to the press, but either way it stinks to high heaven ...

“Paul was a hero to Freddie and us when we were starting out.”— Queen’s Brian May
www.goldminemag.com/articles/rock-stars-worship-the-work-of-paul-rodgers

5th November 2008 Quote: "FREDDIE (MERCURY) was a huge PAUL RODGERS fan, (he) absolutely adored his voice. He was a different animal, but he would have loved to be able to sing like that." Brian May insists late rocker Mercury would have approved of Queen's replacement for him. http://www.contactmusic.com/brian-may/quotes

May said that Lambert’s so good in the role, Mercury would have been jealous. “Freddie would love and hate him, because Adam has a real gift from God,” May told Yahoo.
www.nme.com/news/music/queens-brian-may-says-freddie-mercury-would-love-and-hate-adam-lambert-2372810




He hyped up PR as well. Wonder what the Glamberts here have to say about that ;-)

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2580 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Mar 19, 09:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

UK. wrote:

Brian May would hype up next doors car if he had too.
He has no shame giving all the hype to a nobody on a cheap talent show when the Freddie was the man that got him stinking rich.
No Freddie = no Queen and AL would be on the streets of the USA penniless.


You really do spout utter nonsense, first of all they all contributed to making Queen a success not just Freddie, imagine the band without Brian's unique guitar sound - would their music have sounded the same? And what about all the songs the others wrote, they all had hits not just Freddie. I'll answer, no it wouldn't, they may well have been a success but it wouldn't sound like Queen. Second Adam had already made over $6 million before he ever teamed up with Bri & Roger so no he wouldn't have been on the streets penniless.



rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2580 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Mar 19, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saint Jiub wrote:

One can never be sure which orifice Brian May uses when he speaks to the press, but either way it stinks to high heaven ...

“Paul was a hero to Freddie and us when we were starting out.”— Queen’s Brian May
www.goldminemag.com/articles/rock-stars-worship-the-work-of-paul-rodgers

5th November 2008 Quote: "FREDDIE (MERCURY) was a huge PAUL RODGERS fan, (he) absolutely adored his voice. He was a different animal, but he would have loved to be able to sing like that." Brian May insists late rocker Mercury would have approved of Queen's replacement for him. http://www.contactmusic.com/brian-may/quotes

May said that Lambert’s so good in the role, Mercury would have been jealous. “Freddie would love and hate him, because Adam has a real gift from God,” May told Yahoo.
www.nme.com/news/music/queens-brian-may-says-freddie-mercury-would-love-and-hate-adam-lambert-2372810



Brian has praised Paul and why not, just because they don't think he was perfect for Queen music (and he wasn't in a lot of songs) doesn't negate the fact he's a brilliant singer and hugely successful in his own right, the two things are separate issues, he can think he's great at his own music and even appreciate the fact that they toured together and like what they did but still think ultimately it wasn't a perfect fit for them.



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5540 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Mar 19, 11:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Saint Jiub wrote:

One can never be sure which orifice Brian May uses when he speaks to the press, but either way it stinks to high heaven ...

“Paul was a hero to Freddie and us when we were starting out.”— Queen’s Brian May
www.goldminemag.com/articles/rock-stars-worship-the-work-of-paul-rodgers

5th November 2008 Quote: "FREDDIE (MERCURY) was a huge PAUL RODGERS fan, (he) absolutely adored his voice. He was a different animal, but he would have loved to be able to sing like that." Brian May insists late rocker Mercury would have approved of Queen's replacement for him. http://www.contactmusic.com/brian-may/quotes

May said that Lambert’s so good in the role, Mercury would have been jealous. “Freddie would love and hate him, because Adam has a real gift from God,” May told Yahoo.
www.nme.com/news/music/queens-brian-may-says-freddie-mercury-would-love-and-hate-adam-lambert-2372810



Brian has praised Paul and why not, just because they don't think he was perfect for Queen music (and he wasn't in a lot of songs) doesn't negate the fact he's a brilliant singer and hugely successful in his own right, the two things are separate issues, he can think he's great at his own music and even appreciate the fact that they toured together and like what they did but still think ultimately it wasn't a perfect fit for them.



I truly believe Q+PR was more rock than Q+AL could ever hope to be. Ok, PR wasn't the best fit for the position of sales of Queen's music, but I still don't think AL is the best fit for Queen's harder rock music. Both have their pros and cons. At the end of the day, I still prefer Q+PR than Q+AL.

Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 6054 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Mar 19, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

UKunt. wrote:

Then Simon Cowell is like May & Taylor, he tells folk what they want to hear to sell the product and that is exactly what Brian did hyping Adam Lambert, and many kids believe
the hype and think if Brian says he is good he must be!
Believe me May & Taylor are crafty and know how to flog anything for money, even a lady boy.


You brought up Cowell and May to support your argument and then you criticise them, thus contradicting yourself. You really are thick as pig shit.


"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 6054 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Mar 19, 13:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're a thick turd.


"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."