Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > John's resignations from Queen companies

forum rss feed
Author

FMBMJDRT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I note that according to various company websites John resigned from Queen Touring Ltd in 2012 shortly before the Adam Lambert Tour and resigned from Queen Films Ltd in 2016 before Bohemian Rhapsody filming started. Are these significant developments or merely tidying up of business interests? Can anyone with any business insights offer a view?

people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1627 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

who cares?

mooghead user is on Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 4562 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He really is a man of principle isn't he? (Bet if he knew how much money the film would make he would have thought twice...)

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think he will still make money from the film through Queen Productions Ltd but I just wondered what the significance if any was of those two resignations.

mooghead user is on Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 4562 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just seeing things going in a direction he didn't really approve of?

dysan user is on Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 4863 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know I never could foresee the future years...

dysan user is on Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 4863 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

d'oh d'oh d'oh d'oh d'oh

Sparks. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sparks.
Deity: 2290 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 18:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think if i knew Adam Lambert was joining Queen i would resign pretty sharpish too.
Clever John not getting involved in the embarrassing day to day of Queens shame and hype with an American Idol wanker.

stevelondon20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1104 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 21:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow

Jimmy Dean user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 815 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 19, 02:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

could have been that brian and roger kicked him out of those two ventures since it relates to an active business that he decided to not be part of. it wouldn't make sense for him to benefit from future distributions (dividends) if he was retired from any ongoing queen activity. Performance (tours) and consulting (queen film).

these were also structured as separate legal corporations since they deviate from the type of revenue earned for which john is still part of (royalties, etc)

Jimmy Dean user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 815 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 19, 02:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

also, i don't think queen necessarily directly profits from the movie... unless their consulting fee including some type of profit sharing element with producer. Queen benefited from the mass-marketing the movie indirectly provided. John and the estate of FM would have in addition to Brian and Roger - likely through Queen Productions. (ie. Royalties, merchandise, etc.)

Dr Magus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 559 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 19, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nah John just pressed the wrong button on his phone. Easily done.

aristide1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 541 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 19, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John - the man of principle - becomes a common Queen myth, who probably will survive us all.
How about John - the dumb fuck lucky bastard ?

Because the only reason we speak of him today is the generosity of his fellow bandmates.
A "man of principle" should try to repay this generosity in some ways, by supporting Queen projects, or by commemorating the dead one in a book.

His silence shows a man with pathological lack of any principles.

dudeofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 756 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 19, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

artside1

You, sir, are a fucktard.

Sparks. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sparks.
Deity: 2290 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 19, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

aristide1 That was a very unfair post on John Deacon, and have you not thought John has quit Queen because he has just had enough after Freddie died,
He had and probably still has depression which people carry for many many years and most likely gave up and is sick of Queen the way Brian & Roger have trashed it now.
John has his own good memories of Freddie and the band and why should he participate in projects like the other two greedy buggers?
He knows Freddie was the only lead singer for Queen and after that he drew a line and May & Taylor crossed that line with the awful Adam Lambert.
His Silence is from a man that is probably disgusted and still in shock from May & Taylor who have no common decency after the death of Freddie, they have made £28 million each out of Freddie
with the Bo Rhap film which was not even accurate.

Thistle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3941 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 19, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

aristide1 wrote:

John - the man of principle - becomes a common Queen myth, who probably will survive us all.
How about John - the dumb fuck lucky bastard ?

Because the only reason we speak of him today is the generosity of his fellow bandmates.
A "man of principle" should try to repay this generosity in some ways, by supporting Queen projects, or by commemorating the dead one in a book.

His silence shows a man with pathological lack of any principles.

Shut up you retarded gimp. I'd call you a wanker, but I think you might be missing the equipment.

PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 487 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 19, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So it's improbable that Queen aren't receiving a share of the movie profits?

Ouch!

The tabloids make it out like the surviving members(and Mary) are making tens if millions directly from the film's profits.

Posted: 15 Apr 19, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The more I learn about JD the more bemused I am. Do you think he discusses Queen matters with his wife and children? Do they approve of the way he handles things? Pure speculation I know but it must impact on them to some degree belong so big.

fras444 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 366 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 19, 07:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd love to be the fly on the wall during the family sunday roast at "The Deacons...!!!" (Sounds like a great title for the new reality tv show!!!) Jeez there would be some bloody interesting conversations at the dinner table!!! "John!!!" "You have a bloody degree in electronics but you have yet to rewire that bloody reading lamp above my side of the bed!!!!" "It's been almost 25 years JOHN!!! 25 fuckin years since you have retired and you haven't done one simple thing!!!" " I wish I was Brian May....." "At least he got a whole.. what are those things called that you plug that thing Brian plays???" ANYWAY...." "Dad...???" "There is this strange man called Matt... He wants to know if he can "borrow" your bass guitar..."

fras444 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 366 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 19, 08:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know there are so many hypotheses on John Deacon and why he has left Queen.... Is he a hero and saying no to the band after Freddie died, Did he just decided.. Fuck it... I have $$$$ and the older I get the more grumpy/fuck the world mentality I get...
Or.....
Is it something that is just so obvious that some people just don't understand or get.....

Depression...

If reports are true.... and there has been many accounts from... Brian, Roger, managers and close friends to suggest that he is a fragile person and just watching some of those interviews he, like myself, can find some social engagements and some personalities just to hard to understand and cope (there was that one where him (in his woolen jumper) and Roger accepted an award and the way, someone pointed out how he went in for a weird hug and the presenter got his ear???) Moments like that and other interviews show he has waves of confidence and some very awkward moments. Watch him on stage and he is comes across as more confident than Brian at times.
There is so much going on behind the scenes that "other" people have no idea on and just how deep that mind can go... Its a very scary world in your head and John... that generation where talking about that was simply a no no....
Did he just have no idea on how to handle Brian and to an extent, Roger during the final studio sessions for MIH that he realized that he had no mental tools to be able to talk and to get his ideas out and that he just... decided... the easiest way is to leave and over the years its just got more and more....

I feel like that at work over the last year... I use to work by myself and do projects etc have create my own plans. Now the "team" has doubled to two and I now have someone who has a strong personality and I just have no ideas on how to deal with it and have decided to go truck driving to be by myself as I am no leader and hate conflict.. Doing these personality courses has shown the person I am and things like... Someone actually involving me and asking for my opinions... its amazing, just amazing how a simple thing like that can make me feel and the opposite where this person "who jokes and is a loud mouth... how it really effects on how i act and how much self conscious I feel and how taking full control takes all of my control away....I can totally relate to John in the context of not wanting to go out or be apart of Queen regards if he had a mental illness as such. I seriously feel some days... If I had the money I would just want to escape everything and just hide esp when I go through spells of anxiety.
Back to John... Are we just beginning to scrape the surface in regards to just how close Freddie and John were, and just how important Freddie was to John... Was Freddie that serious go between for John in studio? Did he just simply understood and GOT John?? and was able to get the best out of him, involve him???
Case study Made In Heaven...
Was Roger that guy who (not like Freddie) had some idea on how to work with John and being just the two of them coming together for that very hard and sad task at hand of going through the last painful moments they had recorded with Freddie in studio and asking John for his ideas and input? Was Brian just that personality type that just simply clashed with Johns and did not have that understanding of Johns mind/feelings but not intentionally meant it. Took control of the MIH sessions, redid everything and possibly not include/ask for John's ideas and thoughts in that same context that Freddie most certainly did and to a lesser extent Roger during the initial stages of MIH? Was that the final straw for John and was it just far to much for him to try to get his head around? Did John see the future of Queen as simply more of "Going along for the ride because I just have no mental tools to understand Brian's personality and to not have any true input in regards with the direction Queen will go? Will it be just Brian's and to a lesser extent.. Rogers band...?" " If its just three of us it means that I will have to do more publicity work and that really scares the shit out of me...!!" "No one but you will be a fitting and perfect opportunity for me to leave Queen as QUEEN??"