Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Bohemian Rhapsody: What the haters didn't get

forum rss feed
Author

FMBMJDRT user is on Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jun 19, 19:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Mack = son of Reinhold Mack and godson of FM and JD. Queenzone discussion of it is here http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1527627/freddie-mack-reviews-bohemian-rhapsody.aspx but Facebook link appears to have been taken down. Some clips of it here https://www.instagram.com/p/BsOk8rjAMgL/?hl=en

Sunshine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 238 posts

Posted: 03 Jun 19, 06:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Poor Grammar,

Just let it be. It's OK to like the film and it's also OK to not like the film. Same with Queen + Adam Lambert. Some people love it and some hate it.

Let it be.

No one will suddenly like or dislike the film more because of your post.

You ain't seen nothing 'till your down on the muffin...;)

Posted: 03 Jun 19, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rocketman whilst not a perfect film is so much better. The dialogue is sharper, the excess is not brushed over and Elton admits at the end to being a c###.

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Royalty: 1269 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 19, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saw Rocketman by Elton John yesterday. Now that's a true story about the music legend Watching Bohemian Rhapsody is looking at a feel good Disney movie.

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!

Posted: 04 Jun 19, 20:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agree that borhap is a Disney film

Metropolis user not visiting Queenzone.com
Metropolis
Champion: 85 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 19, 23:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personally, I loved the movie. It might not be completely accurate, but the humor/relationship between the band members and the scenes dedicated to their individual songs made it very enjoyable. I also appreciated that it helped spread Queen's story and their music.

Dougie 4 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 146 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 19, 05:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wish the movie had shown more of the fun loving, optimistic and humourous side Freddie's personality. So many people who knew him found that to be missing in the movie

AlexPasharin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 19, 07:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's kinda silly to refer to Larry Lurex being the first solo project of a Queen member. At the times it was more like its producer's Geoffrey Cable's project and Queen members, including Freddie, were more like used as "sessions musicians" on the recording. It wasn't really meant to launch Freddie's solo career, now was it?

I do agree though that people using argument "Roger went solo first!" do not understand the contextual difference between odd solo project by a drummer and a solo project by a frontman. They are clearly perceived differently by general public. Roger's solo album is not a sign of band breaking up, for average Joe, while Freddie's one is. And it is well known that the size of the deal, as well as the fact that was with another label, caused tension with a band.

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Royalty: 1269 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 19, 15:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Freddie Forever wrote:

Personally, I loved the movie. It might not be completely accurate, but the humor/relationship between the band members and the scenes dedicated to their individual songs made it very enjoyable. I also appreciated that it helped spread Queen's story and their music.

------------------------------------------

yeah great to see how good they good their relation was. Quite romantic.

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
fddr153 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've seen BohRhap 5 times now, every time I watch it I see more and more flaws, but Its also a new experience for Queen fans, a cinematic one, even though NOTHING happens like in the movie, its pure fiction, it is, kinda like the musical, a new way to frame the songs, maybe even find new approaches to them (i happen to find a new meaning for We are the champions through the movie, and that's cool), and the best thing in my particular case, was that through the movie i had the opportunity to show Queen to members of my family and my wifes family, Im not in the UK or USA, Im in Venezuela, and for my its almost like a moral duty have people to see other than Maluma, J Balvin, Bad Bunny and other Voldemorts of the sort, 'cause here ITS ALL PEOPLE LISTEN, its sickening, and I for once enjoyed a good afternoon wth this people showin' Queen to them, then puttin' the Live Aid concert so they see the difference, then playin' them more and more 'til they pretty much yelled for mercy xD. But even though, even by lovin' the film by seeing it as an standalone cinematic fiction, people should go and see Rocketman, its better xD Cheers.

Metropolis user not visiting Queenzone.com
Metropolis
Champion: 85 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 21:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The movie might have flaws, and it may not be accurate, but it introduced Queen and their music to a new generation and I think that makes up for the mistakes. It's a movie, not a documentary!