Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Brian May replies to fans slagging off Adam Lambert.

forum rss feed
Author

K770i user not visiting Queenzone.com
K770i
Deity: 2508 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Loopy disrespectful Brian May says Adam Lambert can do everything Freddie could do and even me - really?
Seems Mr May has lost the plot and forgotten how Freddie was the greatest song writer in Queen and a fine pianist.
Lambert cannot play an instrument or write brilliant songs!
Still Brian is getting on in years now and he has become very arrogant and very forgetful of Freddie's brilliance.
He always did make a great convincing liar too.

K770i

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry guys spelling mistake.
Should say: Loopy Brian May says Adam Lambert can do everything Freddie could do and even more - really.

MrFunster user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 579 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very disappointing in brian if this is true. Its all about running the Queen Machine , I guess.

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Lambert has a terrible voice and he shows his tongue too much... very much over the top and I dont like it.

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie s voice is much wamer. Paul Rodgers came very close to that, but he didnt reach the high notes.
I prefer Freddie as a hologram as part of the show. It looks like brian and roger still want to proof they can perform the quality without freddie.
This is not true. if they introduced freddie more often during the show. I think there would still a lot of tickets been sold.
I think, For a lot people it isnt a shame that brian and roger cannot perform quality without freddie.
These day they perform on a lower level for sure !

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wish there will be a final show soon including freddie and john deacon in hologram

dudeofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 11:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Inspired, re:

>Brian May says Adam Lambert can do everything Freddie could do

Brian ought to contribute here - being a complete fuckwit, unaware of Queen's history and with an opinion that is either questionable (at best) or no one gives a fuck about, he'd fit right in.

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 5377 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BRAIN SHULD STICK TO PLAYIN DRUMS AND SHUT HIS MOTH

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 9446 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't want to disrupt the nice little gathering of retards you have here, but without a source this thread means nothing.
Good luck.

We love you Mandy!
K770i

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What are we in court now that you need a source to gather your evidence?
Get real man, Brian has been defending Lambert since he layed eyes on the twat. Brian has no respect for Freddie spouting off that Adam can do anything Freddie can do and more, how disrespectful and spiteful since Freddie got him and Roger rich.
Always thought Brian was super jealous of Freddie.

junealloway user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

interview Brian May : Guitar World .

Dougie 4 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 155 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 14:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian May comes off as a bully at times, especially on Instagram where he sometimes goes after individuals, who then become targets for his fans. He is a powerful, influential person and should refrain from naming and shaming individuals, many of whom are young girls

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 5377 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I sympathise with him. He can hardly go on the record saying Adam is shit and they shouldn't be with him. The unit obviously works and they're happy with it.

Also, older folks + the internet rarely works out. It's still all new and handling easy access to the public usually looks bad for whatever reason.

I mean, look at the shit I spout on here.

*shakes head sadly*

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2765 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Kurgan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2333 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dysan wrote:

I mean, look at the shit I spout on here.

*shakes head sadly*

:-D I got you marked as just about ok!

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2034 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As Fairy King points out it's meaningless without the source so here you go - http://www.guitarworld.com/artists/queens-brian-may-sounds-off-about-freddie-mercurys-guitar-skills-bohemian-rhapsody-actors-and-the-most-difficult-song-to-play-live

The relevant part

After Freddie’s passing, it took some time for Queen to tour again. How would you describe the differences between Paul Rodgers and how you now work with Adam Lambert?

It’s a good question. They’re both great, of course. We had a fantastic time with Paul. He has his own style, which we integrated into the band. But what happened was, there was a meeting point where we wanted to go deeply into his music — we were influenced by it in the first place. For me, it was a joy to play “All Right Now,” “Can’t Get Enough of Your Love” and all those things.

It became difficult as time went on, though. We would play South America, where people didn’t know that music, so we played more Queen songs. Paul dealt with it well, but I think it was hard for him to abandon a lot of his material. We really enjoyed it as an experiment, but as an experiment it had… limits. Eventually, we thought, “It’s probably gone as far as it can. Paul needs to get back to his own career.” Because he couldn’t just go on being the frontman of Queen. By mutual agreement, we thought, “That’s it.”

Now, with Adam, it’s a different story, because Adam can do all the stuff that Freddie did and more. It doesn’t matter what you throw at Adam — he can do it. He can do “Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy” [from 1976’s A Day at the Races], which we wouldn’t dream of throwing at Paul Rodgers, because it just wouldn’t work. With Adam, it’s a different kettle of fish. He’s a born exhibitionist. He’s not Freddie, and he’s not pretending to be him, but he has a parallel set of equipment. He knows how to deal with an audience. He teases and taunts an audience quite naturally, without thinking about it. He loves to dress up. Although Paul did dress up a bit for us. We got a lot of sequins on him. [Laughs]

A little bit.

Adam lives and breathes that stuff. Adam is style, and that’s not to say he’s not content as well. He’s a born rock star and frontman, so it’s a very vibrant relationship we have with him. We treat Adam exactly the same as we treated Freddie in almost every way.

Based on things he's said in the past and how it reads I suspect he means "more" in the context of singing high notes live and not having to alter the key and his voice holding up to touring, he's not meaning he's better than Freddie IMO.

He also said this about Freddie.
People often think of Freddie as a pianist, but he occasionally played guitar, and he would write with one, too. What kind of guitarist was he?

He was very good on the guitar, very unorthodox — all downstrokes. He wrote the riff for “Ogre Battle” [from 1974’s Queen II]. I used to play it with up- and downstrokes, but he was all downstrokes. Imagine how fast his right hand was moving! He had a frenetic energy on the guitar, which came across very well in that song. He played the rhythm on “Crazy Little Thing Called Love.” I wanted to sound as good as Freddie did on that record, which was damn good. He kind of left the guitar after a while and concentrated more on the piano. In the latter days, he even left the piano behind. He just wanted to be a performer who ran around and had the freedom to be a frontman.

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dougie 4 wrote:

Brian May comes off as a bully at times, especially on Instagram where he sometimes goes after individuals, who then become targets for his fans. He is a powerful, influential person and should refrain from naming and shaming individuals, many of whom are young girls

Actually if you read the comments on his instagram it's the fans bullying him, you should see the crap being said to him the other day about the movie and saying he's against LGBT people ffs.

Makka user not visiting Queenzone.com
Makka
Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

As Fairy King points out it's meaningless without the source so here you go - http://www.guitarworld.com/artists/queens-brian-may-sounds-off-about-freddie-mercurys-guitar-skills-bohemian-rhapsody-actors-and-the-most-difficult-song-to-play-live

The relevant part

After Freddie’s passing, it took some time for Queen to tour again. How would you describe the differences between Paul Rodgers and how you now work with Adam Lambert?

It’s a good question. They’re both great, of course. We had a fantastic time with Paul. He has his own style, which we integrated into the band. But what happened was, there was a meeting point where we wanted to go deeply into his music — we were influenced by it in the first place. For me, it was a joy to play “All Right Now,” “Can’t Get Enough of Your Love” and all those things.

It became difficult as time went on, though. We would play South America, where people didn’t know that music, so we played more Queen songs. Paul dealt with it well, but I think it was hard for him to abandon a lot of his material. We really enjoyed it as an experiment, but as an experiment it had… limits. Eventually, we thought, “It’s probably gone as far as it can. Paul needs to get back to his own career.” Because he couldn’t just go on being the frontman of Queen. By mutual agreement, we thought, “That’s it.”

Now, with Adam, it’s a different story, because Adam can do all the stuff that Freddie did and more. It doesn’t matter what you throw at Adam — he can do it. He can do “Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy” [from 1976’s A Day at the Races], which we wouldn’t dream of throwing at Paul Rodgers, because it just wouldn’t work. With Adam, it’s a different kettle of fish. He’s a born exhibitionist. He’s not Freddie, and he’s not pretending to be him, but he has a parallel set of equipment. He knows how to deal with an audience. He teases and taunts an audience quite naturally, without thinking about it. He loves to dress up. Although Paul did dress up a bit for us. We got a lot of sequins on him. [Laughs]

A little bit.

Adam lives and breathes that stuff. Adam is style, and that’s not to say he’s not content as well. He’s a born rock star and frontman, so it’s a very vibrant relationship we have with him. We treat Adam exactly the same as we treated Freddie in almost every way.

Based on things he's said in the past and how it reads I suspect he means "more" in the context of singing high notes live and not having to alter the key and his voice holding up to touring, he's not meaning he's better than Freddie IMO.

He also said this about Freddie.
People often think of Freddie as a pianist, but he occasionally played guitar, and he would write with one, too. What kind of guitarist was he?

He was very good on the guitar, very unorthodox — all downstrokes. He wrote the riff for “Ogre Battle” [from 1974’s Queen II]. I used to play it with up- and downstrokes, but he was all downstrokes. Imagine how fast his right hand was moving! He had a frenetic energy on the guitar, which came across very well in that song. He played the rhythm on “Crazy Little Thing Called Love.” I wanted to sound as good as Freddie did on that record, which was damn good. He kind of left the guitar after a while and concentrated more on the piano. In the latter days, he even left the piano behind. He just wanted to be a performer who ran around and had the freedom to be a frontman.

Yep, just talking about his vocals, nothing else. Move on.

Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5688 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Interesting comments about the split with Paul Rodgers. First time I've heard that as a reason. Does anyone know if the setlists in S. America really changed as much as Brian claims?

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."

Posted: 19 Jun 19, 17:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Interesting comments about the split with Paul Rodgers. First time I've heard that as a reason. Does anyone know if the setlists in S. America really changed as much as Brian claims?

This is a setlist from Chile with Paul

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queen-paul-rodgers/2008/estadio-san-carlos-de-apoquindo-santiago-chile-6bd69af6.html