Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Brian May replies to fans slagging off Adam Lambert.

forum rss feed
Author

The Circle of Eidolon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 108 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 03:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This thread was started by the narrowest of minds trying to present a broad view of dislike towards a member of the band he claims to be a fan of.

Again providing no proof was his only proof. Yet again jumping in a shallow puddle of an unfounded version of a perverse reality that feeds his mind.

He repeatedly covers the same subject, gaining no respect and showing little understanding of the subject he preaches. What is worse is that he sees fit to argue with the person who presented the article from which he based his "lesson" then argued with people far more knowledgeable then he.

Again he has learned nothing, again he has faced reality with closed eyes and ears.

The Circle of Eidolon has one question. . . . That is. Inspired, by what?

While you splash in your puddle you will not see the incoming deep tide of reality that will wash over you. . It will be at that point you realise that you "inspired" can not swim.

The Circle of Eidolon has spoken. . .

Day dop user not visiting Queenzone.com
Day dop
Royalty: 1381 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 04:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

May didn't merely say "high the hit notes", he said Lambert can do the stuff that Mercury did and more. T

Well no. He can't. as has already been pointed out on this thread.

He might be able to sing almost as high as Roger Taylor could.

Day dop

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 04:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 04:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

May didn't merely say "high the hit notes", he said Lambert can do the stuff that Mercury did and more.

Well no. He can't. as has already been pointed out on this thread.

He might be able to hit the high notes that Roger Taylor could when he was younger though.

Day dop

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 04:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let's face it, May's artistic judgement has been shot in many ways for years. Evidenced by his collaborations with Dappy, Five or whoever.

Day dop

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 04:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jimmy Dean wrote:

Could it be everyone is right? If I was still 15, I’d agree, Brian is a total douchebag dissing Freddie... everyone is hotheaded when they’re young and immature. But now I’m 35, and I think Brian’s comments are spot on. Actually the Wizard said it best from my point of view, today.

With maturity, we learn how to understand Brian’s comments without distorting his intent. He never said Adam is better than Freddie. Nor did he say Adam is as good as Freddie. He meant Adam can handle the duties just as Freddie did. Whereas Paul Rodgers, who is CLEARLY a better vocalist than Adam Lambert, could not.

You're missing the point. There's zero distortion.

May said: “Adam can do all the stuff that Freddie did and more."

If you don't think that's May saying Lambert is "better", then I suggest you look up the definition of the word better, the re-read what May said again.

Even if you want to argue May's intent, the end result is the same, it's yet another example of May shitting over Freddie's memory, whether it was done intentionally out of spite towards the "troll" in the heat of moment or not.

Day dop

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 04:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wouldn't it be better to put the Adam Lambert crap in the Queen+AL part of the forum where it belongs as opposed to here?

I'm a fan of Queen. Not Queen+ AL.

K770i user not visiting Queenzone.com
K770i
Deity: 2498 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 06:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian is only hyping Adam because he knows Adam is his only ticket to staying in the public eye so he is making use of the fact.
Brian is been very disrespectful to Freddie though by putting Adam on top of the mountain because he surely does not deserve that praise at all.
Adam is a mediocre singer which any cruise ship or men.s choir would have in its attendance.
Freddie was the brains and the style and flair behind Queen and with out him Queen would not have existed and May & Taylor would not have been millionaires that is for sure.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2021 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 06:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Circle of Eidolon is right as usual, pity no lesson will be learned, confirmation bias at it's finest as usual.

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 5321 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 06:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lets have vote. It's the only way we can settle this.

Jimmy Dean user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 855 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 07:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

Jimmy Dean wrote:

Could it be everyone is right? If I was still 15, I’d agree, Brian is a total douchebag dissing Freddie... everyone is hotheaded when they’re young and immature. But now I’m 35, and I think Brian’s comments are spot on. Actually the Wizard said it best from my point of view, today.

With maturity, we learn how to understand Brian’s comments without distorting his intent. He never said Adam is better than Freddie. Nor did he say Adam is as good as Freddie. He meant Adam can handle the duties just as Freddie did. Whereas Paul Rodgers, who is CLEARLY a better vocalist than Adam Lambert, could not.

You're missing the point. There's zero distortion.

May said: “Adam can do all the stuff that Freddie did and more."

If you don't think that's May saying Lambert is "better", then I suggest you look up the definition of the word better, the re-read what May said again.

Even if you want to argue May's intent, the end result is the same, it's yet another example of May shitting over Freddie's memory, whether it was done intentionally out of spite towards the "troll" in the heat of moment or not.

You just pissed on my rug, dude.

I read it again but not the definition to better as I believe you are distorting what Brian literally said. He did say he can do what Freddie did and more. But he didn’t say that he is better than Freddie. It is the definition “and more” that is being misconstrued....

Adam uses props, does more wardrobe changes, does tease the audience and speak to the audience a fair bit more than Freddie did... and I’ve been to 2 shows... he gets annoying to listen to after a while.

What “and more” did Brian mean? Is it more plausible to assume the list above? Or does it suit everyone to assume he meant better vocals or that he is better at writing songs, etc.

I agree, Adam does do “more” to compensate for what he lacks. And as such, does a fuckin ace job under the circumstances of not actually being Freddie Mercury.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 9442 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 07:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haha outragezone. Classic.

We love you Mandy!
Makka user not visiting Queenzone.com
Makka
Bohemian: 561 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 07:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Inspired wrote:

Brian is only hyping Adam because he knows Adam is his only ticket to staying in the public eye so he is making use of the fact.
Brian is been very disrespectful to Freddie though by putting Adam on top of the mountain because he surely does not deserve that praise at all.
Adam is a mediocre singer which any cruise ship or men.s choir would have in its attendance.
Freddie was the brains and the style and flair behind Queen and with out him Queen would not have existed and May & Taylor would not have been millionaires that is for sure.

Oh boo to Brian & Roger for wanting to continue to play live and keep the music they helped create relevant! They are enjoying themselves whilst they can because soon they won't be able to like this anymore. Brian is hyping Adam because, well he's singing their songs with them. He's part of the act. What the fuck do you expect him to say? No, he isn't no Freddie but he is giving Brian & Roger that outlet to still perform these songs. THAT'S WHAT MUSICIANS DO! And good luck to them if Queen is all about marketing these days, because you know what, it has always been about marketing and promoting which in turn brings money. Surprising that.

I don't see Brian being disrespectful to Freddie at all.

Dougie 4 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 155 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some like it hot some like it cold, some like it in the pot nine days old ...

K770i

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 10:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To all of you nay sayer's check out The Daily Star newspaper page 3 who have caught wind of this story.
"Circle of Eidolon" and "Rock Chic" you are talking shit again and wrong .
Everyone is talking bout this disgraceful comment from Brian and he has shocked the rock world with his dumb words.
I am disgusted that by May and he has just made "£25 million out of Freddie with the Bo Rhap film and now he is shitting on his name.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2021 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Inspired wrote:

To all of you nay sayer's check out The Daily Star newspaper page 3 who have caught wind of this story.
"Circle of Eidolon" and "Rock Chic" you are talking shit again and wrong .
Everyone is talking bout this disgraceful comment from Brian and he has shocked the rock world with his dumb words.
I am disgusted that by May and he has just made "£25 million out of Freddie with the Bo Rhap film and now he is shitting on his name.

You really don't seem to get how the media works based on this comment, of course all the media outlets are gonna run with the story and use a clickbait headline, it works on people like you who believe what's said and don't look further than the headline. Who even knows exactly what he said in the original article, that could have been re worded and sound different than he meant it as well.

Everything Brian has said about Adam has been in relation to his live vocals so I've no doubt that's what he's referring to here as well and anyone with a brain would know he's not talking about musicianship, songwriting etc. He was also talking about it in relation to the Paul Rodgers era meaning they can do songs with Adam that they couldn't have done with Paul, none of that is a diss to Freddie but that won't stop the media making it sound that way and it won't stop idiots from believing it unfortunately.

Queen Fan MS user is on Queenzone.com

Rocker: 42 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am new to this forum. English is not my first language so please excuse me if there are any errors.

My introduction to queen was thru listening to the first few notes of 'Under Pressure' which was in Jan 2017 (way before the movie came out and before I was even aware that a movie was going to be made!) which I liked very much. Then I heard Don't Stop me now in an Emirates ad and I was totally hooked to Freddie's voice and Brian's guitar solo. I got goosebumps when first time I listened to 'My Fairy King' especially the ending with the guitar and piano. The entire song always brings a tear to my eye for some reason, the lyrics, Freddie's voice and the ending! I am no expert in Queen or music. I think I just have a good ear for melody and I like the music of Queen a lot!

Brian May's comments regarding Adam was in response to differences in working with Adam and Paul.

This is how I understood it.

When he meant that Adam can do all the stuff that Freddie did and more, it was more about the different types of songs that Freddie sang, which they could not do with Paul and he gave an example of 'Good old Fashioned Lover boy'.

As Mr.Jimmy Dean pointed out, the 'more' part is about Adam's exhibitionism, how he dresses up, teases and taunts the audience etc. in addition to his ability to sing the type of songs that Freddie sang.

In the next line he says, 'Adam is style, and that’s not to say he’s not content as well' which the way it is said shows (according to me atleast), he is not praising Adam's vocals to the skies which is what I think he means by content here. The part about, He’s a born rock star and frontman, is just additional praise to satisfy the fans!

I don't think Brian is being disrespectful to Freddie here as in the very next question, he even praises Freddie's guitar skills.
Adam too has been respectful to Freddie. Did he not say recently somewhere that Freddie is Queen?

That being said, Adam Lambert is not my cup of tea nor is Marc Martel. I am a fan of Queen. IMO, Brian and Roger can perform with whoever they feel comfortable and happy with. They helped Freddie in his last years by protecting him from media and writing him lines so he could sing and not think about his illness.

I wish they also release something (older live concerts, alternate takes of songs etc..) every year to satisfy the fans who are not into Q+ stuff. Then everyone will be happy!

dysan

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 11:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Welcome to QZ. Nice post.

K770i

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So what about the comment of Brian's saying Adam is the "gift of god" and Freddie would love and hate him?
Never ever heard Brian saying Freddie was the gift of god when Queen were together those 21 years?

dysan

Posted: 20 Jun 19, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We've done this to death in minute detail. Explaining to you at every step in simple terms what these turns of phrase mean. It's not worth continuing as the only possible explanation for your difficulty of grasping what he means is that you are being purposefully obtuse.