Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1048 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jul 19, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mister, Didn't mean to come off rude but I dont know what you mean.Are you referring to Brian May's bday or another subject.

katiewebber user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 23 Jul 19, 08:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I mean book that Thor and Lee will be publishing

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 573 posts

Posted: 23 Jul 19, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Peeps!

I'm sure you all.know about the picture disc release of Time Waits For No One on July 26th.

I was aghast to see on on eBay a CD copy at auction which is already at £77 ! Ridiculous!

When I Googled it I discovered that it is _exclusinvely_ available from Queenonline! So the eBay seller clearly has one on order from Queenonline and is then selling it on at an exorbitant price!

I have ordered the bundle package of CD and 7" vinyl and paid only £ 17.95 with postage. Don't be duped by RobDogs!

https://www.queenonlinestore.com/

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts

Posted: 23 Jul 19, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello everyonell!

Recently found this forum and caught up on the hundreds of pages…..
It’s been great to find a place with good info on FM and Queen, there’s a lot of scary stuff out there!

I’ve gotten a lot of great info from you guys and I can’t wait for Thor and Lee’s book to come out – sorry I missed all the (mostly) great input here while it was happening.

I’ve recently read some of the books that have been recommended here: the Minns/Evans book, Jim Huttons’ book and both of Freestones’. I can’t remember what other ones that you all have talked about except to NOT read the Lesley-Ann one – anything you would recommend?
I thought I read something about a book that was coming out around 1991 that FM had approved before his death – anyone know which one that is?

Posted: 23 Jul 19, 18:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ammids,Thats correct Leslieann's book isn't a good book but this new book coming out with those others just mentioned are good ones and reliable.

Posted: 23 Jul 19, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie darling, That is outrageous price glad you found it cheaper how are the dolls any new ones to you collection?

Posted: 23 Jul 19, 19:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds,I don't think their were any Freddie approved right before his death.I like one that is pregame that was written by a lady named Rosemary Pierce and she was his college gf at the time to me it validates his feelings and how he truly felt .She also says she knew he was gay and that's why she ended their relationship.I liked it alot dont but I think it is a bit boring but important read o the rest of his true story.

Posted: 23 Jul 19, 19:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Prefame sorry

Posted: 23 Jul 19, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds,The book is called life art and Freddie Mercury.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 518 posts

Posted: 23 Jul 19, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Welcome Amidds and Katie Webber. We are a little slow on this thread right now, but that's ok. It will pick up again once we have our hands on Thor and Lee's book.

Posted: 23 Jul 19, 20:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the info FreddieDarling. I shouldn't have looked because whenever I see that statue of Freddie I think I need it. I do not!!! I like Roger's shirts too, though I don't need one of those either.

Posted: 23 Jul 19, 23:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy,I agree this book is gonna be one of the best ones yet I think as far as truthfulness and honesty.It is a bit slow but that's summer everybody is busy I still think this thread has the most replys on it correct me if I'm wrong It seems to be pretty popular.

Posted: 23 Jul 19, 23:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevy, I don't really look at numbers of replies, etc. I just enjoy the people here. I've been here almost two years now and if you look at my number of posts you can see that the numbers aren't important to me, only the enjoyment. It doesn't bother me when the thread is slow, it will pick up eventually.

Posted: 24 Jul 19, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy, I knew you had been here awhile and yes your right it will pick up sure I'm sure.It seems like everyone is friendly here you dont always get that everywhere I agree.Hope you are enjoying your summer.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 545 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 19, 01:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello Amidds. Welcome to Queenzone! We are all excitedly awaiting the publication of Thor and Lee's book. I've never heard of the Freddie approved book that you mentioned...I tend to think that is a rumor, but I honestly don't know. I read Peter Freestone's first book a few times and also his "Freddie Mercury: Royal Recipes" which I thoroughly enjoyed. On a scale of 1-10, I would be about a 2 in terms of culinary skills, but I intend to try the cheesy pastry recipe...maybe on Freddie's birthday!

FreddieDarling: I just shake my head when I see how much people think they can get for Queen or Freddie related items. I always hope that people will not be tempted to buy things that are obviously overpriced!

Chevy... I am mostly excited about the upcoming Queen + Adam Lambert concert in August. Summer always goes by too fast for me.

Posted: 24 Jul 19, 02:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow,I bet you are excited it's something to look forward too.I think they are in Houston tonight I'm not sure.I always wanted to attend a pink floyd concert but never did I bet their concerts were an absolute trip in the day.

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 115 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 19, 07:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVYMAN, Pink Floyd is a blast to the past! My friends and I saw the band back in 1994 (OMG, that was 25 years ago!) when the band toured the U.S. We had 2nd row seats. I still have the concert tee and wonder what it's worth today. I'll never forget when guitarist David Gilmour performed "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" on stage. It was absolutely amazing and even more amazing when you're simultaneously high as a kite! LOL

I loved to smoke pot as a teen, esp. to Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" but gave it all up completely @ the tender age of 20 for professional and personal reasons and not even one relapse since! I do crave it on occasion today, even after all these years, because I love its pungent aroma. However, the only way I get it today is from inhaling secondhand smoke from concerts. Not only is it free, but it's guilt-free, too! I hope I get to inhale some secondhand marijuana from the Queen + Adam Lambert concert on Sat.! LOL

BTW, how does Pink Floyd relate to Freddie? Well, Freddie and Dave Gilmour were friends or @ the very least, friendly acquaintances. There are photographs of them together @ a b-day party and the last event was @ an awards show in 1990. Freddie passed away in 1991.

Posted: 24 Jul 19, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, talk about things that would be fun to own!! I'd love to have it if only to watch my kids roll their eyes. Way out of my price range of course.

http://freddie-bust.com/?fbclid=IwAR2XvyTTwE760QA9O1zmNHs73aD4s4i5x2z_p3ZxHNjSeVciNvZxeo3XHUU

Thanks again to Galileo for the tip on live links!

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 573 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 19, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Welcome, Amidds! I hope you enjoy this lovely thread!

Posted: 24 Jul 19, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jt, Girl I know i mean disrespect to this thread Thor but I would like to get really stoned and go to one of their concerts.I too used to smoke alot of Mary Jane in the day .I used to like to get stoned listen to pink floyd the doors or led zeppelin. I think it would be a complete trip to go to a pink floyd concert all of the colors they incorporate into their concerts .I wouldn't be able to smoke much I haven't done that in years contact high would work for me.I would probably pass out.