Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Aug 19, 19:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are very welcome - I am SO happy to share this amazing video!! I hope Thor and Lee can check it out to see their friend in all his sweaty iconic glory

Katydyd5 - yes agreed - All Hail Galileo! Per Chief Mouse, it was the "Is This The World We Created?" part at the end with Brian & Freddie that caused the copyright infringement. I don't really understand who owns that and why...I'm just glad that at least the main Queen set of Live Aid is back.

Whoever posted about Pink Floyd (Jo T?) - HECK YEAH! I saw them in Denver for the Division Bell concert and it was by far the best concert I've ever seen ('cause I've never seen Queen live... *kicks self for the hundredth time).

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 19, 19:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here is what Chief Mouse posted yesterday regarding the YouTube block for Live Aid:

"Hey folks. As you may have noticed, nearly all Live Aid uploads were completely blocked a while ago by Aviator (whoever they are). The offending song was Is This The World We Created. The solution was removing that song and uploading it again so it ends with WATC. I uploaded it yesterday, it still got claimed by Fox and blocked but I disputed it and today they've already released the claim, that's pretty quick!"

Some other people Googled "Aviator" - it looks like they also own a bunch of other songs/videos including a bunch by Cliff Richard

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1048 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 19, 20:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shilling, yes glad you found that version again on live aid. Pink Floyd yes they are a awesome band I think everybody can relate to their music if they can't then their bananas right.I do like some Ly nerd skin nerd ha! ha!

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 19, 03:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd- Just saw Queen and AL last night. It is absolutely amazing. I cannot say enough about the admiration I have for Roger (70) and Brian (72) to go out there and perform like they did last night. If Adam is keeping these two going - more power to him. We will never get Freddie back and there is not one person in the audience who wouldn't want that- but sadly life goes on.
Yes, it was emotional- but knowing I witnessed two men that shared the stage with Freddie for nearly 20 years was as good as it was going to get for me and I reveled in the moment.
Go- have fun - you will see in this concert- Freddie never dies- he lives on through his music and I am thankful to have witnessed it.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 518 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 19, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Emdee, thanks for the review!! Seeing two legends perform, men who knew and loved Freddie, is going to be fantastic. I don't think their love for him and the music they made together has ever died and I'm so glad they are able to continue to share their life's work with us. Less than two weeks now...………...

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 19, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyone going to this? https://queenbreakthru.com/

Unfortunately I can't but I'd love to go see/talk to wonderful Phoebe!!! He's been so busy this year, he hasn't posted a blog since Jan (I think) and I miss those!

Posted: 02 Aug 19, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also, just came across this site which had a lot of restored Queen vids in one place. Brian talks about the process but I saw a few mentions of Chief Mouse .....caught my eye thanks to NotQuiteAShilling.

http://www.openculture.com/2019/03/a-stunning-live-concert-film-of-queen-performing-in-montreal.html.

Very nice job!!

Posted: 02 Aug 19, 15:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds Phoebe was a wonderful friend for Freddie he devoted his life to his work little time for fun or pleasure .He had so many wonderful memories.He is another blessed friend with so many stories for us lucky fans to get to hear about.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 545 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 19, 17:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am heading to the show in a couple of days and I am bursting with excitement. I loved the 2 shows in 2017 and wouldn't have missed this upcoming concert for anything! When the music starts and Brian and Roger first appear on stage...that is a wow moment! I also happen to think that Adam is a very talented singer...love his voice. Emdee...glad you had a great time.

For me, there is no conflict between appreciating what Brian and Roger are doing with Adam and being a die-hard forever Freddie fan. I am so grateful that Brian and Roger are still making magic after all these years. And while I am sad that Freddie is not on stage...his presence is felt in every song they do and his spirit fills the room.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 573 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 19, 21:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thought I'd share a photo of what is going to be my new Freddie T Shirt when Vista Print print it and send it to me.

I uploaded the image to them and they will print it.

Nice, huh ?

Attachment: 2019821918226483.png 140 KB
This has been downloaded 34 time(s).

Posted: 02 Aug 19, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo T...I know this was from last week, but your cancelled visit to the Garlic Festival was sobering...shows that any one of us can potentially be that close to gun violence at some point. My heart aches once again for the victims of another senseless shooting.

Lsgp and Amidds.... I understand how you feel about attending the Queen + AL concert. Believe me, I used to feel the same way a few years back. What both Katydyd and emdee said about the shows was perfect. I, too, see these concerts as a celebration of Queen...and that will ALWAYS include Freddie. I don't know for sure, but I have to imagine Freddie would be happy and deeply honored knowing how much his music is loved to this day.

NotQuiteAShilling...Thanks for providing the link to Chief Mouse's restored Queen at Live Live Aid performance. I saw it before it had been removed and thought the clarity was amazing. Was so disappointed when it disappeared all of a sudden...would not have realized it was back until you let us know. Regarding Pink Floyd...I never saw them, but have seen Brit Floyd a couple of times. My husband, who is a huge Pink Floyd fan, said Brit Floyd was pretty good so I'll take his word on that.

The Breakthru event would be fun to attend someday if it was closer. I'm not sure if they even have it every year? Peter F. does seem to be a man on the move! I wonder if he is still constantly amazed at how limitless the interest in Freddie is?

Posted: 03 Aug 19, 02:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Darling, I love your tshirt you are so talented and crafty not me maybe you can rub some off on me.

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 384 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 19, 03:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi All! I’m excited to be a part of this thread... finally. Haha. I challenged myself with trying not to skip ahead, over the past 3-4 weeks I have been reading from Thor’s first thread. I couldn’t wait for lunch break or after work or weekend to keep reading. I’d make notes, jot questions, and then note answers if it came up. Haha. I know Thor and Lee are on book Hiatus- how exciting. I loved reading the encouragement and support here.

I feel like I know all of you. I’m so impressed and appreciative of what you have all done to keep this a judgement-free, friendly, peaceful thread! We really need that in the world, and is definitely the same inclusiveness felt from Queen/Freddie/Thor/Lee/ and all of you.

I love seeing the concert feedback. I’m going next week August 9 can’t wait! Don’t want to create a really long post. So will follow up w/ introduction. Thank you in advance for welcoming me.

All my best,

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 384 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 19, 03:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, and, confession: I did end up skipping a bit. Was too anxious. Have some catch-up reading to do.

Posted: 03 Aug 19, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi JB050....Welcome to the thread. It's great to have you join us. Making notes is a wonderful idea...I should have done that myself. I especially wish I had jotted down the names of all the folks who have participated in this thread over the past couple of years. I hang my head in shame and confess to sometimes forgetting which person is which. I will remember a name, but forget specific details that person mentioned about his/her life a while back. I am always telling myself I need to reread all the threads for a refresher. I guess the really important thing is why we are all here though. You're right...apart from some obvious "hiccups" this has been a pretty friendly and peaceful place. I have been on a "Freddie-Quest" for the past few years and have always appreciated the interesting questions and comments from those who have made this QueenZone experience such an enjoyable one!

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 114 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 19, 04:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Welcome, JB050! I'm seriously tempted to see "The Rhapsody Tour" AGAIN - on Aug. 9th. It's only a 4.5-hour drive for me. It's sold out on Ticketmaster but seats remain on StubHub. We'll see.

Rainbow, emdee and Katydyd, you all stated it perfectly and so eloquently, too, how you feel/felt about seeing Queen + Adam Lambert, in the absence of Freddie.

Rainbow, Katydyd and JB050, have a fantastic time @ the concert! We look forward to your feedback. If you're able, I highly recommend you stay seated throughout Brian's solo. It's out of the world! Concert attendees have a tendency to leave their seats to use the facilities or buy refreshments or souvenirs during Brian's solos - like one of my friends! However, it was SO worth it to stay. Granted, I'm biased! LOL

Amidds, thanks for your link. I already watched my fav' version of "Another One Bites the Dust."

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 573 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 19, 07:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Chevyman! How's you?H

I'm afraid I cannot take credit for painting the picture of Freddie and his cats listening to vinyls.

It was, I think, a Pintrest picture shared to me via Facebook when I was feeling down, and I loved it so !ugh I saved the picture and now I'm utilising it on a T Shirt.

A BIG shout out welcome to JB050! You sound like our sort of person!

Take Care, Peeps!

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2066 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 19, 08:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo T. wrote:

Welcome, JB050! I'm seriously tempted to see "The Rhapsody Tour" AGAIN - on Aug. 9th. It's only a 4.5-hour drive for me. It's sold out on Ticketmaster but seats remain on StubHub. We'll see.

Rainbow, emdee and Katydyd, you all stated it perfectly and so eloquently, too, how you feel/felt about seeing Queen + Adam Lambert, in the absence of Freddie.

Rainbow, Katydyd and JB050, have a fantastic time @ the concert! We look forward to your feedback. If you're able, I highly recommend you stay seated throughout Brian's solo. It's out of the world! Concert attendees have a tendency to leave their seats to use the facilities or buy refreshments or souvenirs during Brian's solos - like one of my friends! However, it was SO worth it to stay. Granted, I'm biased! LOL

Amidds, thanks for your link. I already watched my fav' version of "Another One Bites the Dust."

I agree about Brian's solo, can't believe people get up and go off during that, who does that!! I know not everyone is blown away by guitar solo's but it's Brian May!!

Posted: 03 Aug 19, 11:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi JB050 and welcome! Couldn’t agree with your sentiments more! I recently read through this forum too after reading some FM books and stumbling
across this thread. I did most of my reading WHILE at work though...my boss would be thrilled ;). This is the one place, including other QZ threads, where you can feel welcome and not worry about the negativity!

I finally found a copy of As It Began thru my library system and after that, I’m gonna try to find some time to go back thru everything Ive read and take some notes....I have so many questions!!!

You all make me want to go see a concert now! Maybe when life slows down a little and I have money again lol.

FreddieDarling- great idea even if it isn’t yours! Pinterest is a good source for that sort of thing. Seems to be the one place where I can still find the occasional pic or link that I haven’t seen before!

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 19, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds- I live close enough to go to Breakthru19 - but have no ticket- I wonder if it's worth a try to go anyway?

Rainbow- I think your concert date is tomorrow- have a great time- I am excited for you- Katydyd- yours is coming- enjoy the anticipation!!

JoT- I would go to another concert in a heartbeat!! I never left my seat for any of the concert- Brian's solo was beautiful- the love for his guitar is priceless!!