Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 576 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Aug 19, 07:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5 here's a better photo of he image I'm having put on a t shirt.

Attachment: 2019841709513817.jpg 70 KB
This has been downloaded 34 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 04 Aug 19, 07:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If any lovely QZ Peeps would like an MP3 copy of my Time Waits For No One and the B side Freddie/Dave interview, PM with your e-mail address and I will happily share.

The interview is crystal clear!

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 19, 11:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for enlarging the photo FreddieDarling. Lots of fun stuff on Pinterest!

Galileo1564 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 208 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 19, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling this site’s continued existence depends on people not sharing official releases. Please check with someone who knows if the rule applies here before sharing. I think it would apply.

TheRealWizard (Bob) would know for sure. So would many others.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 19, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Galileo, we can't share official releases hear what will they do shut us down

Posted: 04 Aug 19, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe they should remove the official releases if they dont want them copied that would be a good plan I think.

FreddieDarling

Posted: 04 Aug 19, 21:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok then. Offer retracted.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 02:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey guys I just found a GREAT television issued documentary on Freddie/Queen made this year! It includes interviews with band mates from IBEX, wreckage, Tim Staffel of Smile, and his very first girlfriend Rosemary Pearson! It has loads more, but I’ve seen over a hundred videos,and I’m telling you this ones new, fresh, and has everyone as they are in 2019. It’s 1 hour long (made for TV) enjoy! I sure did!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0MM9nrsMzyM

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 02:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lagp03. Ohh, Thank you!! So great to know about the latest! Going to check it out.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 02:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hate how they don’t include the hyperlink, but it is called “13 Moments That Made Freddie Mercury and Queen “
It’s 1 hr 7 seconds, don’t fall for the little mini vids they took out of it....it’s the 1:07 hour long.

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 03:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp03. (Sorry for misspell..think I was autocorrected. :-)
Interesting. I had come across what was probably a sneak peak of this. Was only about 5 minutes. Haha. Thanks again. Watching full length version now.

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 03:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Welcome JB050! I can tell immediately that you fit right in.

FreddieDarling - love the picture for the shirt!

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 03:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you NotQuiteAShilling! Was so great reading from the beginning and “getting to know” all of you. Great group!

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 03:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Much appreciated!

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 03:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NotQuiteAShilling... by the way, I saw Pink Floyd in the 90’s...incredible... great to hear of your experience seeing them. Counting down the days for Queen and Adam

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgo, Yes Freddie's first gf has a good insight into the real Freddie I think.He felt comfortable talking to her it seems.To bad they didn't remain friends it would've possible been a healthy relationship for him.Pink Floyd I had no idea you guys also were so fond of this band most find them a little strange.I love them and I think Roger and David G. Are pretty good friends.I'm glad to see everyone enjoying Adam Lambert and of course the boys.He deserves respect everytime he steps out on that stage because everything he does he does with good intentions.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp, thanks so much for the link! I looked at the first few minutes but don't have time right now to view the whole thing. I'm going to save it as a real treat to savor later.

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 14:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling - I'm sure you had the best on intentions...don't know that I would've thought of copyright issues either?

Lsgp03-thanks for the share, I'll have to ck that out. I recently saw something that sounds very similar on Amazon Prime - wonder if it's the same? They seem to have some good vids on there if you're a member...

JB & Chevy-saw Pink Floyd in the late 80's. Was a great show from what I remember! Still love listening to them, Zeppelin and Queen! Actually, those are the only 3 I have downloaded on my phone so far for listening to in the car.....who knew they don't put CD players in cars anymore....or tape players or CB radios lol!!!! My son literally laughed at me when I was shocked about the CD player....

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 15:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB, also wanted to finally answer your conservatory question. I know I've seen glimpses of it on YouTube vids, probably the same ones you've seen but not much more than that. I do remember reading recently that Mary had it torn down a few years ago so you won't find anything recent definitely
if what I read is true. The article had also mentioned that the roof needed replacing and the garden was in bad shape so who knows? I'm sure there are others here who have more info but I did some research and can't come up with anything else!

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 19:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, The house did look in bad shape to me I think she had to do so work on it.With a house that large there is no way she could expect to just let it set and not do repairs it's a old house to begin with.Its not like she doesn't have plenty of dollars to do it with .I won't say anything further it might cross the line of being inappropriate and obviously Freddie thought alot of her from what I have heard and read.