Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 20:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, the lease on my auto just came due and I ended up buying the car because it has a CD player. I KNOW that's not the only option for music in the car, but it's what I want. My sons call the vehicle the most expensive CD player available.

I think I read that Mary had the conservatory taken down when she sold the mews. She would have no further need of it at that point. I'm not going to get into this hot button topic, but I feel sure Mary has kept up the house. I did notice that it appears that the ivy that was covering the house has been removed. Ivy can be very damaging so that was probably a good idea. We have no idea what's been done to upkeep the interior either. Mary knew what the house meant to Freddie, I don't think she would have let it go.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello my Friends,

Just posted a new update on the GoFundMe site. We worked very hard the last 3 days in Palm Springs (116 degrees Fahrenheit) BUT more comfortable than my recent trip to New York where 85 degrees F. with 90% humidity felt much worse than the dry heat of Palm Springs. Lee is attending a wedding in Ireland and will be back Aug 18th. Things are moving along well.
Love you guys,
Thor and Lee

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 20:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good to see you Thor! Thanks for the update. I envy Lee the visit to Ireland. A wedding there would be lovely I'm sure. We are carrying on here but look forward to your return. I suspect we will bombard you with questions once we have the book.

Amidds user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 20:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd, that is so something I would do! Even funnier, I handle all in-house IT at my office and had to have my kids show me how to put music on my phone then get it going in my car. In my defense, I really try to stay "unplugged" outside of work!

Regarding Mary - I know its a hot button topic so here is all I will say. With everything I have read either in books by FM's friends or here from Thor and Lee, I believe that FM was a very smart, caring and loving man. One who kept his promises and loved to shower those close to
him with gifts and his love. If he loved her, good for them! I should be so lucky as to have been a friend of his!! What I mentioned about the house was something I read that I couldn't confirm and was hoping someone would confirm/deny as I am absolutely no expert and try to take
everything with a grain of salt if I can't verify sources. I hope I don't sound defensive because I don't feel that way at all - just hoping I didn't come across as confrontational with what I mentioned :).

Thor & Lee - thanks so much for the update on the book! I hope all is going well with the publisher and you are enjoying the process. Maybe, someday when things settle down, you can explain the process to us - I have to clue how that works but it seems fascinating!
Lee, have an awesome time in Ireland - I would love to be able to go someday!!

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, you were not confrontational at all! I almost deleted that post I left but it would have meant yet another empty box from me. I can only do that so often before you guys will start to wonder what the heck is wrong with me.

Ireland has always been on my bucket list. Though my 23 and Me kit came up telling me I was mostly German, and I knew that, there was a touch of Irish and I had hoped for that. For some reason Ireland, the people, the music, the accent, etc speaks to my heart.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 19, 21:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, Your fine I'm dont know much about home repair either but I imagine as it looked a little run down in picks she did the needed repair work I'm not her biggest fan I admit I should've left her having enough dollars out.I have a big mouth.It has been confirmed by friends that she meant everything to Freddie she was his best friend.

JB050 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 19, 00:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds- thank you for checking and answering about the conservatory. Would have been so cool to see it in its “heyday”

Katydyd5 - love the car CD story. I still own cassette tapes. Haha. Think maybe it’s time...

Posted: 06 Aug 19, 00:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LEGO. I enjoyed that made for tv program. Thanks again. Need to watch it again to absorb it all. Was cool that Peter H was on it too.

Posted: 06 Aug 19, 00:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp, your video was fantastic!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0MM9nrsMzyM

Not much new, but I really appreciated the interviews done with so many in 2019 rather than ages old interviews pasted in. It's a clear and concise documentary and one I'm going to share with two people who don't get my Queen/Freddie obsession. Thanks so much for sharing it! I'm sure I'll look at it again soon.

Posted: 06 Aug 19, 01:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Isgp. Keeps autocorrecting your “name”. Haha.

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 19, 01:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor and Lee- glad things are progressing- enjoy your time away from the "process"- a well deserved break!!

Thanks for the video- I have it on my save list for later.

Yes- I did attend Breakthru19 and it was absolutely amazing. It was obvious many of the same people attend from year to year as many people seemed to know one another. This was my first time and everyone was very welcoming. The highlight of my day was meeting Peter Freestone. His smile lit up the room. He was so kind to everyone and was always willing to pose for the camera with anyone who asked. I was thrilled to be able to talk to him as well as get a picture with him. It made the trip very worthwhile. His dedication to Freddie was priceless . He is a wonderful person!!
Definitely something I would attend again if I am able.

Posted: 06 Aug 19, 01:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Am I the only one that thinks maybe Rainbow is on the tour bus getting guitar lessons from Brian. :—))

Posted: 06 Aug 19, 01:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Emdee! That sounds amazing. That’s really great that you went and enjoyed it. I agree, getting to meet Peter would for sure be a highlight. Can’t wait to hear more as it all sinks in.

Did Peter give a talk too?

Posted: 06 Aug 19, 02:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, what a touching update on go-fund-me.
And how exciting to be at 85 percent through this part of the process. My best to you both.

Posted: 06 Aug 19, 02:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Emdee, can you share more about Breakthru? I really don't know much of anything. How long was it? Did you learn anything new? Were there panel discussions? I'd like to hear anything you'd like to share.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 545 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 19, 02:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB050....How I wish that were true! LOL.

Still on a high from the concert I saw last night. Loved that feeling of anticipation right before the show began. When the music started, the crowd began clapping, but when the curtain went up and Brian and Roger appeared, the crowd erupted in cheers and gave them a standing ovation. The energy was INCREDIBLE and it NEVER let up. From the moment they stepped on stage until the end of the show, the entire audience remained standing and singing to every song. It was amazing. I figured people would sit down after the initial applause, but nobody did. I turned around several times during the show to look around at the crowd. This was an audience of about 19,000 who stood for two solid hours, singing, clapping and cheering. I was hoarse when I left. The best show I have ever been to!!!

Have turned this concert trip into a mini-vacation with my husband...but had to tell you about the show before I return. (I apologize if this posts multiple times...am having problems with the network this evening)

Posted: 06 Aug 19, 03:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ohhhh Rainbow thank you for that!!! What a description!! I could feel it. Incredible. Love the “coming together” and being in the crowd.
I can’t wait.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 19, 03:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5 wrote:

Lsgp, your video was fantastic!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0MM9nrsMzyM

Not much new, but I really appreciated the interviews done with so many in 2019 rather than ages old interviews pasted in. It's a clear and concise documentary and one I'm going to share with two people who don't get my Queen/Freddie obsession. Thanks so much for sharing it! I'm sure I'll look at it again soon.

Oh thanks! I quite enjoyed the 2019 update myself. Its obvious it was made for TV, and cut the commercials out.
I especially like finally seeing his very first official girlfriend.....Rosemary Pearson, as well as Mike Moran in 2019. Too bad Reinhold Mack wasn’t on it, or the Torpedo Twins who did the DoRo Production vids ( Rudi Dolezal) I will say I ready Rosemary’s book and Roger was quite the rascal.
She said Freddie, Roger and Brian were all sharing a flat, or rather Brian and Roger and 2 others, and Freddie who was still living at home would “gypsy” himself there and sleep on a mattress on the living room floor. This was before he was in Smile/Queen.
She went over there to break up with him, and after she left the flat, Roger, who heard the conversation quickly went outside and asked her to go out with him....typical rascal Roger.....wastes no time. Hahahaha.....
Repeated things on Freddie do not get old for me, he’s too unique.

Posted: 06 Aug 19, 03:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow-and, glad you had such a great time!!

Lsgp and Katy, I agree was nice to see current interviews. Hopefully more to come.

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 19, 04:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor - thank you for the update - soooo exciting to hear your progress! We love you guys too. Doughnuts says hello too and she is also very excited about the update! (her computer is down so she asked me to pass this along to you)

I hope Lee has a fantastic time in Ireland. Believe it or not, my 2nd cousin by marriage was the prime minister of Ireland in the 80's. Twice. He came to visit us in Colorado and has some really amazing stories to share. His name was Garrett Fitzgerald.

Lgsp - thank you so much for the video. I really enjoyed it. I also especially liked hearing from and seeing Rose Rose

I still have a huge CD folder book in my car with a 6 CD player haha! It has a cassette deck player too but I've never tried it lol