Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 19, 07:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Freddie was happy with his life and being gay . Mary was his best friend and children I imagine weren't on his radar . I don't imagine He felt he missed out . Not everyone wants children and that includes heterosexual couples .

to me Freddie's life was his music and his friends

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 19, 07:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor thanks for the update and information about noorie.

Take care

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 19, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, Thanks for your input you are so right not everybody wants kids.

Posted: 09 Aug 19, 09:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, I have never met norrie but I certainly would like to.I have heard alot of nice things about her.I'm very interested in their culture.

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 19, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Warning, this may be long but I’ll try to be brief as I’m out of the country...
Regarding Freddie and his parents.....let’s try to remember that this was the 70’s and 80’s. Times were different and no matter how much you relied on
Unconditional love from your parents, society had very strong beliefs regarding everything including sexuality. I remember a couple of friends in h.s. who literally lived in fear of people finding out they were gay...one who was so scared of his own father you could see the toll it was taking on him psychologically.
Not saying Freddie feared his parents but who wants to take the chance of doing something that would make them turn on you. Especially when there is an
outside influence like a religion you belong to condemning it? I think Freddie would’ve lived out and proud if he didn’t have to worry about the negative effects his parents and band mates would’ve suffered as a result. He was too generous not to worry about those he loved and cared for.

Regarding Noorie, my heart goes out to her...took me quite a few years to get out of a psychologically damaging first marriage that just about turned physical until I got brave enough. If I can help her in any way, I would be more than happy to. I count my blessings every day that I was able to get myself and my kids away from him. K, enough of that, I’m on vacation :)

JB, my book came in right after I left the country!! They are only holding it for a week which is the day I get back. Hope they’re open on my way home from the airport!

Posted: 09 Aug 19, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, I lived with my grandparents and my grandfather had a navy buddy and he had a granddaughter and we became best friends at the age of 10.We entered middle school as more than friends and yes our grand parents just thought we were friends so we had sleepovers etc just like any other girls.However we lived in fear constantly someone was gonna find out.By the time we entered high school we lived in a very conservative state in a small town so we would go to bigger cities within our state with fake ID just to get away without anyone seeing us.It was a miserable time for me.It made me grow up quickly way before my time.At 17 I became unfaithful to her with a guy and she was devastated and we had a huge fight at school I was at band practice on the football field and she walked out of the gym because she played basketball with her ball in hand she dropped it and the fight was on.The whole school gossiped and everyone knew we were together then so to make a long story short i transferred out of school because i just didn't want to deal with all the bullying and gossip.We are friends now but it did take a bit.

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 379 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 19, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds,

Hi! I hope you are having a great time.
What a great coming home treat to look forward to! Fingers are crossed for timing. If it’s really close call, maybe you can get one day extension. :—)) Thank you for sharing your personal story.

Queen concert tonight.
Jo T. Did you get tickets? Road trip?

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 379 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 19, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, I so agree about the context of the times.
In high school, I remember conversations about parents struggling with the decision of disowning
children who marry outside of religion or any “norm”. I’m sure this still exists but doesn’t seem as prevalent.

It was very touching the interview when Freddie’s Mom said she felt he wanted to protect them.

It was an interesting time too because, thank goodness, through the repression began the era of the 60’s and 70’s self expression. And the bravery of people who took the first steps. It’s incredible the explosion of musical / artistic expression of those times too. Paving the way. As I continue to learn about Freddie, I see some parallels to my Dad, who was born in 1929 and was in a military school by the age of 7. Tradition, etiquette, respect, community, integrity, my Dad, ironically, also loved to celebrate birthdays. :-))

Posted: 09 Aug 19, 15:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds,I hope so too how long have you been waiting on your book?

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 215 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 19, 18:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello to all the newcomers!! You All seem to have great insights and shared mutual love and admiration for Freddie!!!
I want Queen As it Began....so very badly. To think I probably could have gotten it about two years ago, before the BoRhap explosion....but I was green and just beginning my Quest for anything Freddie....i mentally put Queen related stuff on the back burner...and now ....here we are!! I will be sure to check my local library's loaner system. I hadn't thought of that until you all mentioned it here. I think it was Amidds. (You don't have to tell me if you don't want to.....but I noticed the dds..on your screen name and wondered if you were a dentist, by chance????)
Also, Big Big thank you to the One that shared the link to the 2019 Freddie documentary (I think it was Lsgp03?)I watched it last night and enjoyed it immensly!! Especially seeing Rose Rose....who is Dr Rose, no less. She was pretty and well spoken and I would love to hear more from her. (I still need to read her book, as well!!)
Freddie came to me in a dream last night and I'm over the moon!! I think the ear buds and documentary right before sleep helped!!!! If true, that's how I am going to go to sleep every night!!!!!!

Thor and Lee.....am sooo excited for you guys!!! I must be surreal at this point....but it's going to be like an Atom Bomb...when it Finally gets out!! I Can't wait to get a couple of copies for myself!!! If you get to Florida on your book tour...You can bet I'll be there with bells on!!!!
It's so nice to see all here and the lovely content of this new thread!!
Peace out for now folks!!

Charlies boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlies boy
Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 00:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Noorie was caught lying about her uncle knowing Freddie personally so I would take everything she says with a grain of salt. Everything she claimed her uncle said about Freddie was in direct contradiction to everything everyone else who ever knew him said. "He was never bullied at St.Peter's. And us Paris loved him. Paris always supported him. The fact that he called everyone darling and dear had nothing to do with him being gay. That's a parsi thing." Wrong wrong wrong and wrong. When people asked for proof that her uncle knew Freddie at St.Peters because everything she said was the opposite of what his actual St.Peter's friends said she flipped out and stormed off. She doesn't strike me as a very trustworthy individual.

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 01:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Charles, Dont start shit everything is going smooth here if you have nothing better to do go away.I would like to meet her we have a few things in common and since I didn't get the opportunity to learn about my Indian culture much I'm interested in anything she has to say.

Charlies boy

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 01:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Start shit? Are you retarded? That entire story is out for everyone to read on the first thread. Long before you ever jumped on here annoying people with your pointless musings Chevy. I pop up and point out something that HAPPENED here and you claim in starting shit? Since you wanted it you stupid butch you got it. Let's go.

SM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 01:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevy you are part of the reason I stopped posting here. You start half the drama on this post barking at folks who don't deserve it. I read about someone on here saying their Uncle knew Mr Mercury during his time in school and like that other member said they got busted for lying about it. Do you have to jump down everyone's throats for stating facts? Or do you just think you'll get in Mr Thors good graces? Looking at his response it's all going to blow up all over again. And you wonder why nobody wants to post here now. I was going to let you all know I am going to be starting a thread of my own on another site to answer the questions you all have been messaging me over the last few months but I had forgotten how childish Mr Mr Mercury's fans can be. Thanks for reminding me Chevy and Charles.

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 01:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm gonna tell you one time and one time only have respect.Everyone has faults you haven't been appointed ambassador have you .My name isn't butch by the way its kendra how about yours I heard it's not Charles its charlene

Charlies boy

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 01:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excuse me. I meant bitch. :)

Charlies boy

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 01:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're gonna tell me one time and then what? Spank me? Sounds like a threat to me bitch. Come on. Let's go.

Charlies boy

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 01:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ironic that YOU are talking about respect when you jumped my ass for just pointing out a fact. You're a massive hypocrite and I'm embarrassed for you.

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 02:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No I just think it's a little rude when she isn't even posting here.But if you say I'm the reason I definitely won't be the cause of that and there is no need to start a thread of your own .There is plenty of room for you here.I kiss ones ass I'm just a friendly person .I definitely didn't cause all these terrible attacks on this thread.I do speak my mind maybe that's what it is I dont like anyone to be picked on period for any reason.But you got it buddy I dont even recall having a conversation with you but what is important to me isn't friendships it's that Thor and Lee sell as many fucking books as they can.

SM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 02:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Thor I have been emailing you mate. I hope they're reaching you. I found a letter from Jim that mentions the New York duaghters and I thought you might want a copy. Just a small mention but we were discussing our travels and he said one of Mr Mercury's favourite places was NY and that he had a good group of pals there. Best wishes mate.