Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

SM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 02:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didn't say you were the only reason. I said you were one. You're interactions with people can be intense and you tend to get in peoples faces. This guy stated a fact and you went mad. So he came back with nasty responses too and now you've got a pretty little shit pile here. Think about the way you talk to people perhaps. I wanted to start my own thread because I was asked to by multiple people and this thread is not for me. In queenzone I cannot pick and choose who sees my posts so I'm open to trolls. Which us why I decided to go to another site. I was under the impression that everyone here is an adult but from the interactions I've seen here I'm not so sure. I'll be messaging a few folks in the next few days once I get everything set up so if they'd like to ask questions or view my thread they can get a link. Best wishes to all.

Let's all be a bit nicer to each other mates.

Charlies boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlies boy
Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 02:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My apologies shawn. You're absolutely right.

Btw did Jim ever go to New York?

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 02:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello. Sorry I should have clarified. He and I were discussing all the places we had been around the world and he got into the places Mr Mercury liked to visit. He never went to NY with Mr Mercury just mentioned his love for the place and that he was not alone while there.

Charlies boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlies boy
Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 02:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That makes sense. Jim came along after Freddie's New York years. That's nice to know Jim thought positively about Freddie's duaghters.

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 215 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 02:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SM....
So good to hear from you. I'd be interested in your new thread, if you consider me worthy??
TY

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 02:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope I don't sound like an ogre or gate keeper by saying I will pick who gets an invite to the new thread but I've had a few unfortunate run ins with trolls on here that take issue with my old mate Jim and I. It's just easier for me to avoid all that. Talk to you all soon. Best wishes.

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 113 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 06:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB050 wrote:
Queen concert tonight.
Jo T. Did you get tickets? Road trip?

@JB050, sorry, I'm finally reading your post @ 2 AM, AFTER the concert. Yes! I'm presently in the Windy City. I saw the concert, seated in SEC 306. It was my 1st time @ the United Center. When I saw the concert in my home state last July, we were seated stage right. Tonight's view - stage left - offered a greater view of Freddie on the LED screen for "Love of My Life" and "Ay-Oh." How did you like the concert and Brian's solo? Till after I saw the movie "Bohemian Rhapsody," and joined QZ, it would never have dawned on me to bar hop in Chicago's Boystown.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 669 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 07:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Shaun it's good to see you are still here.
I would also like to be included in any group of thread you set up to answer and talk about jim.

If really like to know that Jim was ok in his life after Freddie and found some peace .

Glad to hear how well he thought of the nyc daughters.

Please don't let trolls out you off .

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 07:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Put not out

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 561 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 08:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Long time no hear, Shaun! Lovely to see our lovely Gentleman Shaun's post (and a fellow Birmingham Resident to boot!)

Always loved your contribution to this thread and your respect for the GL gentlemen.I

If my do start out own group of be absolutely honoured and delighted to be invited. I love your respect and lovely anecdotes about this lovely group of gentlemen.

Take Care, my friend, and in no way are you a troll. You are a Guardian of the Garden Lodge Truth!

Amidds user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 188 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 10:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blenkolove, not a dentist and unfortunately I’m not quite that clever. Just a play on my name :)

SM, Shawn or Shaun? Just curious as people always spell my name wrong so I try not to do the same. Would love to ask you a few questions as well if given the opportunity!

Ah, Boystown....please keep in mind that it is pretty close to where a lot goes wrong in the Windy City. Met someone on vacation here who mentioned the shootings in the US. The unfortunate part is, our weekly shootings can easily outnumber those occurrences so please be careful here! Over the years, we have moved much further west......

Take care all! Bay of Fundy is beautiful and we’re leaving to go whale watching!

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 12:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JoT- I am jealous- two Queen concerts within a month- good for you!!

SM - I am glad to see you have checked in- I am saddened that sometimes things get off track. This is not what anyone wants on this thread. Jim and Freddie is a story that needs to be heard. Thank you for your willingness to share- I hope I can be a part of it.

Thor and Lee- hope you are enjoying your time off- much needed rest as you are heading for the homestretch in your publishing - Thor- take care of that knee!!

Peace- have a great weekend everyone!!

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Charlie boy I have had a thought . Perhaps it may be a good idea to pm Thor about noorie since it was him who mentioned her . It looks to me that Thor is fond
of her and in touch with her and will know if she is genuine.

Let's all try and be kind to each other

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevy- I read back and saw you sent along birthday wishes- I only know you through this crazy worldwide web- thank you- your passion and love for certain topics sometimes causes you to post harsh or negative comments- I choose to see the Chevy that sends wishes to someone you have never met- deep down there is a kind, generous soul in there!!

You ask my age- older than Thor and Lee but younger than Freddie:) As a young girl I watched my older brother record The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show on a reel to reel tape recorder. those were the days!!

CHEVYMAN user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1035 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, I wasnt gonna post here anymore but it really upset me and was heavy on my mind.I was so angry that someone would bring up the past of someone that was going through emotional stress at this time.Thor posted she isn't doing well emotionally I know what that is like.All you need is to see someone bashing you on social media.That can send someone over the edge.I dont know norrie but I'm not interested whether the gossip about her is true or not.That is why I wanted to stop it before the conversation continued.Im not trying to get in Thors Grace's I just stand up for what's right.

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 370 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo T. Hi. That’s so cool that you went!!! Great job getting tickets! I agree it’s great to get different viewing perspectives. How did you like the United Center? When did you go to Boystown? Before or after the concert?

I was rendered absolutely speechless and emotional after that extraordinary experience. So glad you tipped us off. I thought Brian’s solo was “out of this world” I am sure I have never witnessed anything like it before.

I get why you started looking for the next show. We talked about trying to go to Minnesota tonight. Haha. Don’t think we will pull it off but so tempted. Hard to sit still and stay contained after that.

I knew we were close but didn’t expect to be THAT close. Was in section 3, to the right as you are looking at the stage, just 5 seats away from and exactly parallel to where Brian sat. Extraordinary!

Think I feel every emotion possible. Didn’t you love the impromptu We Will Rock You before the encore.

Where there many / any differences between the two shows?

When Freddie was on screen....even though I knew it was coming....so emotional, captivating and powerful

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 15:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Emdee! Reel-to-reel. Wow!!! I thought I was cool/vintage recording live aid on cassette tapes. :-)))

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 15:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello to all the newcomers!! You All seem to have great insights and shared mutual love and admiration for Freddie!!! I want Queen As it Began....so very badly.

Blenkolove- Thank you for the welcome. I have really loved reading the conversation here over the years and witnessing bonds form. It’s so nice to get to “talk” with and learn from this group of like-minded.

Can’t wait to hear if you locate a copy of as it began. I am patiently (er anxiously) awaiting my loaner copy. :-)

CHEVYMAN user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1035 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Emdee,Who is Ed Sullivan?

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 215 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevy.....
You're a funny girl!!!!!