Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 15:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dc,I think piers left her when she was pregnant with her second baby.She was supposedly spending alot of time with Freddie taking care of him.I dont think she was more like just spending time with him at his request possibly barking orders or making sure everything was going smoothly that was her job I guess.I dont think he was in her life after Freddie's death I do believe he might of been jealious of Freddie .Wouldn't anyone when their wife or mother of their children spends more time with another man than she does her own.i understand close bond and friendship but I dont believe Freddie was the type of person that would want her to neglect her own relationship.She did that on her own if she did.

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, I wasn't answering for you This subject intrigues me.You and I have alot of the same view points on this subject.I think Rose did the right thing for herself.It's to bad she doesn't feel comfortable talking about the past.It would help so much with all this Freddie loved Women too because he was with Mary drama.You know me I spit things out and sometimes I'm rough around the edges but I get my point across eventually.I'm gonna say it's so damaging to be trapped and in love with a man that can't reciprocate the same affection.Maybe deep down Mary was angry with him because she felt since he had relations with her before he could just turn things off and pick her back up.It doesn't work that way.If it did I do think he cared for her and he would have.

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 379 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 18:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds- that’s cool that you will see if you can get tickets I definitely felt transported.

Did you get the book?
Really nice of you to think of us and offer copies. And nice checking it out to make sure ok.

I have a few weeks on air for mine.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 18:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“On air” Haha. Scratch those words. :-)))

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB, u have a radio show? How cool! ;) I will get my book on my way back in town Wed, can’t wait! How sad does that sound? I’m on vacation!

Regarding Piers and Mary...I remember reading somewhere, I believe Peters blog, that after Piers and Mary split up, Piers went to live with one of Peters friends. Not in a good place to verify that info right now but I know it was one of Mary’s exes. I just believe that he couldn’t have been too upset with “living in Freddie’s shadow” if he could still remain in close proximity to that circle of people.

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds! Haha Excellent way to spin my typo!!! I wish.
You know if I did, I’d have to have all of you on. Hmm. I got vacations mixed up. It’s Rainbow who is back. Haha. I love that about looking forward to getting back for the book!! I’d be the same way. So Nice to have it look forward to. Glad your still in vacation mode!!!!

I just keep thinking as reading the recent conversation..., how complicated relationships can be.

Great insights.

Vicky11220 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 21:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To chevyman, the quote that Freddie made that he would love to have a child if he found the right girl, are similar to how Liberace answered the same question.

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 21:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vicky, that’s interesting. I also think about how Thor said he dedicated a song to the girls/women, meaning the NY daughters. I thought it was a good answer: brilliant way way to answer.

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 21:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Vicky, how did he answer he was an awesome pianist by the way?

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 21:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vicky, that’s interesting.

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 21:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vicky , I think Freddie just said that for the press I dont think he really meant he would like to have a child if he met the right girl but please explain

Vicky11220 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 22:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes I think it was a flippant response meant just for the press

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 23:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vickey, Unfortunately alot of guys in the public eye like that felt they needed to do so to protect their jobs I guess.Thank goodness we have moved on from that nightmare.Im so thankful that alot of us didn't catch alot of those really rough times.Someone would've probably shot me my mouth overrides my ass.I can't fight either so I would have to get a cousin or something right.

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 19, 00:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In light of all the talk of the concert lately, thought most of you would enjoy this review from 1976. It’s a good article and Freddie is so typically his wonderful self in it. Gotta love him!

https://geirmykl.wordpress.com/2017/05/20/article-about-queen-from-new-musical-express-february-14-1976/

Posted: 12 Aug 19, 01:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, I think Freddie probably brought alot of laughter especially to those serious days at the recording studios.

Posted: 12 Aug 19, 02:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds. Ohh cool, thanks! Going to look at it now.

Posted: 12 Aug 19, 02:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds,
GREAT article!!!! What a gem of a find.

Posted: 12 Aug 19, 02:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds,Thanks I enjoyed it very much.

DCQueenLuvr user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 28 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 19, 03:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for sharing, Amidds. I could hear Freddie's and Brian's voices as I read it.

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 114 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 19, 07:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Rainbow61 and @JB050, Brian wore the mask and cyborg suit @ both of the concerts I saw during the performances of "Bohemian Rhapsody." However, Brian kept the mask on his face briefly during the introduction of the song, before he took it off. It probably wasn't very comfortable. For those who have yet to see the concert, if you want a photo of Brian in the mask, be prepared to catch it at the very start of "Bo Rhap." You can obtain the setlist off the Internet. I forgot who asked, but I went to Boystown the day after the concert. It was the weekend of Market Days and Halsted St. was absolutely packed, lots of revellers.