Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

HelloDelilah user is on Queenzone.com
HelloDelilah
Bohemian: 165 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 19, 00:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome!

Katydyd5, I enjoyed hearing about your amazing time at the concert!! I could hear the excitement in your post and wish I were there too!! At first, I wasn’t that thrilled about the Queen + collaborations, but am keeping an open mind and actually think if the opportunity arises, I may want to go. It’s great to see Brian and Roger in their element and still enjoying performing.

Rainbow61, Excellent post. I’m new to this forum and would like it to be a good experience for everyone. We can all agree to disagree as we all have an opinion. We can assume what had transpired and make a judgment. What we read in books and watch in films aren’t necessarily the truth. This includes the movie and tell-all books. People seem to think that it is the truth when actually the stories are embellished by producers and ghost writers to generate sales. Freddie was a very intelligent man with traditional beliefs despite having an alternative lifestyle and a flamboyant persona on stage. I’m pretty sure he could discern who was true to him and entrusted his legacy to those who were closest to him.

What really matters is that we keep civility and respect toward one another on this forum. Looking forward to getting to know you all. Xoxo

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 19, 02:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Delilah, I agree with you we all have our own opinions and we need to respect eachothers.Alot of these tell all books are factual not all of them but a couple peterfreestone's is a good one and so is Jim Hutton's.I guess you wouldn't classify those as tell all because if they were to tell all the great rxperiences and stories they would still be writing their books.Freddie didn't lead a traditional lifestyle your right .He was however from what I have read and heard happy with his alternative lifestyle because a traditional lifestyle wasnt a part of the plan of who he was suppose to be.To me I think of the word Tradition and I think boring but I'm a bit of a person that likes things a bit exciting and different everytime.Thanks for your input it was interesting.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 516 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 19, 02:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Delilah, it took me a while to come around to accepting Adam, but the respect he shows for Freddie and the guys won me over. If you get a chance to see them, do it! It was everything and more that I had hoped for.

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 19, 04:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd- Glad you enjoyed the concert- it was a once in a lifetime event for me- I wish I could go again as the first time I was so excited- it was like a dream!! I am so thankful Brian and Roger have the energy and enthusiasm to go on tour- it is a grueling schedule- I don't know how they do it!!

Posted: 16 Aug 19, 04:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi emdee

HelloDelilah

Posted: 16 Aug 19, 08:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevyman, thanks for your interesting comment but you totally missed my boring point! LOL :) I try to read these tell-all books with discernment as many of these publishers make a good story to sell books, embellish things quite a bit, and include lewd details. The bottom line is sales. Just because you like someone doesn't make that book the truth especially if they didn't write it. :)

emdee0809, I'm amazed that Brian and Roger are still touring and have so much energy. They seem to have shows almost every night in different cities with a day off every few days to rest. I get tired going to work everyday. LOL :) So lucky you got to experience their concert too!

Katydyd5, Happy to hear that Adam gives Freddie and the rest respect. That's so important. Brian and Roger look really happy performing. What a great life doing a job you love to do. They deserve all the joy. xo

Posted: 16 Aug 19, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Delilah, I trust few people when it comes to telling Freddie's true story of his personal life.I didn't miss your point Peter was his personal assistant and I'm sure he wouldn't be okay with someone publishing something that wasnt true.Jim was Freddie's long standing partner I'm sure his book has stated mostly truth as well.I know publishers change a bit here and there but those two books are positive truthful reads.Those books show the real everyday Freddie.The book coming out is gonna be a good book for you to read as well.Since you wanna rely on facts and I dont blame you it will show the true everyday fun loving Freddie too.

Posted: 16 Aug 19, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can tell you there will be nothing lewd in the new book here being written.If that's what folks want they may be dissappointed.It will be about fun times and relationships with good friends thank God.

HelloDelilah

Posted: 16 Aug 19, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Chevy, whether true or not, sharing intimate moments about someone who has fiercely guarded his private life is not respectful in my opinion, but if others think it’s okay, that’s their right to have an opinion.

Thor and Lee’s book sounds like it’ll be a fun book of pictures, anecdotes and stories.

Have a good day everyone!

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 541 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 19, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Delilah...Couldn't agree more!

Posted: 16 Aug 19, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Delilah, Glad your looking forward to it.You have a good one too!

Posted: 16 Aug 19, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am grateful to have seen Queen + Adam Lambert perform and I have truly enjoyed the feedback of everyone else who attended one (or two) of the concerts!

Jo T....You are NOT crazy to have wanted to attend concert #3...I would happily have gone 3 times!

JB050...Yes, that's a good way to put it "What just happened"? I will forever measure any future concert against the excitement, energy, and joy that I felt for those 2 wonderful hours.

katydyd5...You restaurant experience sounded like great fun. There is a synergistic effect when a group of Freddie/Queen fans get together.

Terri...No, I don't live in Nassau County anymore...was only there for 2 years and moved away 31 years ago.

A couple of months ago I ordered a Freddie tattoo for the concert. I just thought it would be a fun/quirky thing to do. The only other tattoos I've had in my life were the ones I got in Cracker Jack boxes when I was a kid (the ones with the highly complex application system that consisted of licking the back of your hand and sticking it on) The Freddie tattoo I ordered is the same as his picture on the Hot Space album cover...only black. It's temporary...only supposed to last 2-5 days, but I have had mine for 13 days (on the inside of my forearm) It's quite faded at this point, but you can still tell it's Freddie. There were two tattoos in the package, so I will apply the other one on Freddie's birthday...my small way of honoring him. In fact, I like the tattoo so much that I am going to order a few more. Here's the Amazon link for anyone who is interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Beard-Portrait-Temporary-Tattoo-Sticker/dp/B07MQ65XLG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=freddie+mercury+tattoo&qid=1565849796&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Terri557 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 19, 20:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevyman Brian May promoted the kindle version of Mercury and Me on his website Brianmay.com under the What’s New section for the month of November back in 2013. The earliest entries are dated 2011. That is a wink and a nod of approval to me. Jim has received support from the official fan club, band members ect,,,except for some of the fans. I don’t understand, because after reading both Jim’s and Peter Freestone’s book my love for Freddie has grown deeper. He is a legend after all and who better to write about him than people who knew him best. That is why I can’t wait for Thor and Lee’s book.....So excited!

Posted: 16 Aug 19, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Terri, I couldn't agree more no doubt all these guys loved each other like brothers.If Freddie were still here I'm sure they all still would be friends maybe not going out as much as they did in the past but definitely in each others lives.I often stand by my word even when I stand alone call me the lone wolf.The book will be awesome I think they still need as many donations as they can get I have never flown in my life and don't plan on it. I would drive or take a bus first.Its expensive I bet so the more donations the better I would say.A book can be absolutely wonderful and a person will find one or two things wrong or not proper and pick it to death .All I can say is not everything in life is golden we all make mistakes and as long as we learn from them good.I think Freddie said to someone before he died if someone goes to tell his story he wants the truth to be told warts and all.I will try to find that source.

Posted: 16 Aug 19, 23:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, Why not get you a real tatoo that would look amazing.I don't have any but I have friends and a ex that has my name on her since we were13 she never had it covered up.I wish she would there are so many pretty designs she could get to cover it.I was always scared to have it done but maybe one day I will get a really tiny one in a place none but me can see it.

Posted: 16 Aug 19, 23:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevy...Nah, I've never been interested in a permanent tattoo, but I do think there are some that are quite interesting.

I did offer to share my second Freddie tattoo with my husband for the concert....he declined! :)

Posted: 16 Aug 19, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, I understand I'm too chicken I would have to drink a whole bottle of whiskey first.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 516 posts

Posted: 17 Aug 19, 02:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm STILL thinking about the concert and how fabulous it was. It was overwhelming because I was trying to see and absorb everything. I'm sure if I could have gone to a second concert I would have seen many things I missed. But one thing I did want to share. There were several costume changes during the concert, mostly on Adam's part, I think, but Brian also had some changes. Not sure about Roger, a bit harder to see behind the drums. But the encore...………..it began with Freddie's call and response, something I've always wanted to participate in with an audience. And then there they were with WWRY and WATC...……………………….and Brian had on a Freddie tee. It was under another shirt that he took off and there was Freddie. I think Roger might have had one too, but again, hard to see. When the crowd saw Brian's shirt they went crazy. A night I will never forget...…………………..

HelloDelilah

Posted: 17 Aug 19, 03:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5, It's so refreshing to hear the excitement and enthusiasm in your posts!! This makes me want to go see them live!! For now, I'll live through your experience. Thank you for sharing. xoxo

Rainbow61, Cracker Jack and the good old days when life was simpler. Good memories. :)

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 379 posts

Posted: 17 Aug 19, 04:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All, re: Freddie’s Birthday and donations. I pre-ordered the Queen/Béjart ballet DVD. Can’t wait to see it! 100 percent of sales will go to Mercury Phoenix Trust. In case you haven’t heard about it and are interested:
http://www.mercuryphoenixtrust.com/site/post_Press%20Release:%20Queen%20+%20Bejart%20-%20Ballet%20For%20Life%20DVD/BR_11771

Vicky, sure started discussing the possibility of going to the Global Citizen’s concert. It’s travel for me, so not sure. Are you going?

I’ll get back this weekend for more posting and replying. :-))