Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

HelloDelilah user not visiting Queenzone.com
HelloDelilah
Bohemian: 165 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 00:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Perk for your honest response about our friend, Mary. :) I had similar thoughts that Freddie wanted her close after their break up and couldn't let her go. "There's Something About Mary" LOL I guess it was easy for everyone to get caught up in that whirlwind lifestyle. Exhausting I can imagine.

Wow, Nashville tickets went for $500? That's so expensive like scalped tickets!

Katydyd5 and Rainbow61
Please keep talking about the concerts!! It's really exciting to hear your experiences! And I love the backstage footage too! It makes them seem so real and we get to know them a little better.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 00:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perk, I didn't see that last part about David Minns .I don"t see Freddie's parents saying something like that about him but who knows we don"t.I had a friend named Micah his father was a preacher when his Dad found out he was gay he kicked him out of the house at 16.I was living with my grandparents so I would sneak him in through my bedroom window and he slept on the floor in my room for a whole year and then when his brother turned 18 he went and lived with him.It made me very sad for him he and his fathers relationship was never the same.I dont see how a parent can do that it's crazy.To me everything and everyone one is the same I just never got it.

HelloDelilah

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 00:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Chevy, A thank you note wasn't necessary for Mary as the Bulsara's knew her for years and considered her a part of their family as stated in an interview (not sure which one). I don't normally send thank you notes to my close family. LOL

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 00:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Delilah, I'm glad you mentioned that about Mary being family and all it's a shame she didn't return the same respect after Freddie died Mrs. Bulsara said she had no contact with her after Freddie's death.Thats a little strange for a family member especially one that claimed to love and respect your only son so dearly.Im just saying.Kashmira was also asked if she still talked to Mary in a interview with Peter and it was a firm no.

Rainbow61 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 541 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 01:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The initial QAL ticket prices were not bad...of course that depended on how close you wanted to sit. Our tickets were $87 a piece and our seats were pretty good. I did buy them the first day they went on sale though. The shows sold out almost immediately. After that, the resale prices on StubHub and those kinds of sites were very high. That's why I didn't catch a second show at Madison Square Garden.

When Queen toured in 2017, I also got tickets the first day they went on sale. For that venue, I couldn't pick my own seats...Instead, I was in a queue and had to wait my turn (There were a couple thousand people ahead of me) When it was "my turn" some tickets in the price range I selected appeared. You didn't pick the section or seats, you could only accept or decline what was offered. I only had about 4 or 5 minutes to make my decision before those tickets were no longer available. If I didn't like those tickets and passed on them, the next ones could be worse. To make things even more complicated...there was no seating chart that showed the individual seats....only the sections were marked on the chart, so it was very hard to tell where in that section you would be sitting. I found the whole process extremely stressful...in fact, I HATED buying tickets like that. I think it had to do with the venue, because it was not like that for this most recent show.

HelloDelilah

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 01:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Chevy, I thought you would bring that up. LOL I have no clue why that happened. The only reason I could think of is perhaps it was related to the distribution of the will? We’ll never know because Mary probably will never disclose.

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 01:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd...thanks for finding the link so quickly. I don't recall seeing that scene before. Somehow, I was able to watch it even though I don't have a FaceBook account. Not sure why?

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 01:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perk or anyone why are tickets so much higher in nashville?

HelloDelilah

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 02:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd, thank you for the behind the scenes link!! It was fun watching Adam get ready to go on stage and playing around with the camera. Can feel the energy through the lens. This tour is really extensive with so many shows in each city.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 14:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi all , I've kept away because of all the different Mary opinions but felt brave enough to !oh on today .

I have a,question delliah? I was wondering the source of Mary not needing a thank you letter from bomi and jer ? I've not come across this so I'm interested to read it .

Chevyman , David minns is the one who confirmed that bomi and jer referred to his homosexuality as ' that other business '. He said often Freddie would
return from a visit upset and angry . He kept up appearances by visiting with Mary to keep them happy and to give them the impression he had stability in his life .

I too have really enjoyed reading about Freddie and I feel I have been able to gain so much from hearing about Peter , David Minns , David Evans and Jim's time with Freddie through their own experiences. I appreciate it is purely based on their time with Freddie and so is their story . I feel their words are trustworthy and not at all scandalous to sell a story .

Just because Mary has choen not to write a book shouldn't reflect on the ones who have . Freedom of speech and a story to tell about a legend . Thank God they have told us about the real Freddie otherwise we would be left with scandalous newspaper articles and books by people who claim to know him .

Freddie darling I'm looking forward to the new book . I haven't got the one you mention so it will be new to me .

Katy I'm glad you enjoyed the show , im.so hoping they tour europe . So far it's all really positive .

Perk good post ..... Freddie lived a complicated life and as is said , he successfully compartmentalized different aspects of his life . Freddie wouldn't have been able to include jim into his family in the same way he did Mary as he didn't want to hurt them but it warms my heart to know jer sent jim a thank you letter .
It is a shame Mary cut herself off from their lives . I know jim wouldn't have done this being the caring and warm person he appeared to be . He certainly had a good influence on Freddie .

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HelloDelilah...There are 25 shows for this part of the tour. I bet the guys are really looking forward to taking a break for a few months before heading to Korea and Japan for 6 shows in January 2020 and another 10 shows in Australia and New Zealand in February. I wonder if they plan on adding some European or South American dates? We are so lucky Brian and Roger are still doing this.

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 15:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, Girl I knew you couldn't resist a post on this one I just feel there was so much more to Freddie's life than Mary.Once they separated as a couple she was a employee and trusted best friend.There is too much drama surrounding this woman.Yes it is very sad she chose not to communicate with Freddie's mother I think he would've found this so hurtful.I think he wouldve been hurt by alot of things she did to his trusted circle of friends.Thanks for the info on David Minns I guess alot of parents hope their gay children have marriage and children.I just think there is so much more like their happiness a person is so miserable and depressed until they accept themselves.Living at home as a young person sometimes makes it worse you cant wait to get out.I think they finally accepted Jim and I know they always loved their son I dont think that ever changed.

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Even though he showed up with Mary for family time I think they knew that arrangement was false.A parent knows their child and especially a mother knows her son.I hate he had to go through that .On the book subject everyone has a right to talk about their relationship with Freddie if they wish too.Correct me if I'm wrong didn't the fans think it would be a good idea for Thor and Lee to write a book and then they decided to go through with it and write one.Hell who wouldn't write a book if they knew someone famous I would.As long as its truthful what's the harm in it.And yes people write books to make money.There hasn't been a person yet that has wrote a book for free.I think it's fine. Good for them.

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevyman I can't wait for Thor and Lee's book. It will be so nice to read about their time with with Freddie as we don't hear much about that time. It always seems to be focused on munich .
On a thread a long while back Thor mentioned a cute photo of Freddie and bill Reid . I wonder if it will be included .

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 17:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not to bang on about Mary but I've had a thought . Perhaps Mary stopped contact with Freddie's family as following his death it became clear those years with which he paraded Mary as his significant other were years of deception .
I wonder if she felt embarrassed to face them knowing she had lied to them for Freddie all those years .

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dont think Mary felt embarrassed about much I think she was very happy with her current and past situation.Pretending was just fine with her I think she should've just set up house with Freddie his fella at the time and herself that way she knew everything going on.However she just wasnt happy with Freddie emotional support of her she wanted the sex too and that was a no go.She wanted it all.A traditional arrangement.If I could just be with a man and have all the emotional benefits and have somebody else take care of the sex I would do it in a minute.I would make sure they had a man.But I guess I'm a little strange then aren't I.

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut,Freddie and Bill were cute together what was it with Freddie and those thick guys.Bill was short and kinda chunky.Freddie was so lean dark hair a real attention getter.Bill looked hateful though he looked as if he had a temper didn't he bite him.Maybe he was part dog in another life .He got rid of that.He seemed to attract those controlling guys they were all very nice looking just not well trained.well then he met an angel in Jim thank God for him no one deserves to be punched around on.

HelloDelilah

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 18:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi doughnut, a thank you note from the family to Mary wasn’t necessary to write in my opinion. It’s interesting to see how different we all are.

Hi Chevyman, Yes, everyone has his or her right to do whatever they want to do legally if they live in a free country whether it be writing a book, starting a business, etc and if successful, that’s great for them.

Personally, when I pass away, I wouldn’t want my husband to write a book detailing our intimate moments regardless of how famous I were. I feel it is very disrespectful especially if I were coming from a faith of which certain behavior was not acceptable and all of my life I was fiercely protecting my privacy. I would want to honor my family as well as not to disgrace them. So putting it all out there for the world to know would not be my wishes.

The Bulsaras came from a conservative and traditional Asian family. Asian culture and values are vastly different from Western. You will be enlightened when you truly understand the concept of filial piety, the virtue of respect for one's parents, elders, and ancestors.

Also came across an interesting article which is dated but still applies if you’re interested.
https://www.nytimes.com/1993/12/11/opinion/IHT-the-10-values-that-undergird-east-asian-strength-and-success.html

A lot has been shared already so it’s probably better to end this conversation. Thanks for the discussion, Chevyman.

Hi Rainbow61, your tickets were really reasonable. It crossed my mind for a second to go to Japan or Korea this January to see one of their concerts as it would be a fun experience traveling to a foreign country to see a concert but perhaps a bit of a challenge to do that plus it's in the dead of winter there. :)

Have a Happy Sunday or Monday everyone!!

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 19:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Delilah, you are the one who brought this to light .My white side of my family is catholic my Indian side practices from their indian faith.Faith doesnt equal religion.Freddie may not have followed his parents conservative beliefs on religion.Im sure the man probably had faith.Why people assume gays have no faith I will never know .They are like anyone else some do and some don"t.What you really dont understand is Freddie himself wasnt conservative and neither was Jim so they felt more open talking about sex.It doesnt bother me either.So if it didn't bother them why should it bother Freddie's fans.I would like to know what is your true feelings toward homosexuality as I feel this may play a part in why you need to uphold the Mary subject .You seem to be so passionate about that subject.Is this why you feel so angry towards Jim Hutton.After you answer I consider subject closed.

Posted: 18 Aug 19, 19:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh and by the the way on my father's side I came from the same strong Indian conservative values Freddie did.I do understand respect and when you come on here and talk against someone's sexuality when referring to it as a behavior.Its not a behavior it's part of himself.You change that and it changes the person he was and from what I hear he was a really funny guy to be around so who would want to do that.So before you come here and pass judgement on me for a subject you opened you need to set in judgement on the things you have just said that includes many people.