Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Aug 19, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Doughnut!
Mine didn’t have it either but we’re able to get it thru the library sharing program system of local libraries. Yep, waiting for it to be returned then sent to my library. Amidds, I believe, found it that way too, I followed suit. :—)))

I so agree with your post about Freddie being interesting, having so many layers and that he was completely an original.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 19 Aug 19, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, I agree me coming from such a strict and religious family were I had to hide everything I always let my kids know they could talk to me about anything .Gladly they always have.

Posted: 19 Aug 19, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy birthday John Boy!

Posted: 19 Aug 19, 19:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB, They have books on Freddie through the library.Thats awesome no cost just have to use library card.

Posted: 19 Aug 19, 23:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just catching up on a few:

(Who Wants To Live Forever is one of my favorite songs because of the power of Freddie's voice. I knew it was on the set list and I had a secret worry that Adam would not be able to deliver the same chills that Freddie always does on that song. No worries, very powerful. Not the same chills Freddie gives me, but not a disappointment.)

Katydyd—Extremely well said! That’s the performance I keep going back to watch. It’s usually hard for me to listen to it. It really was all encompassing and powerful. Adam was incredible singing it. The visuals and the emotion of the vocal and instruments. It really was a felt experience.

(Posted: 17 Aug 19, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote
JB050. No thanks needed! Katydyd's question made me curious, so I decided to look up this info online because I didn't know either. It sounds like "all net proceeds" means the same as "100% of the profit". For Queen + Bejart: Ballet For Life it says "100% of the Royalties" will be donated. I don't know how royalties are calculated, but it might have something to do with the proceeds? Help...any business majors out there? LOL ....Helping combat HIV/AIDS worldwide seems like a great cause to me!)

Rainbow—thanks!!! Great reply! I needed a business major too. When I saw the specific wording questioned my own accuracy. Haahaaa. I’m an incurable fact checker... of my own stuff....so always appreciate the fact correctors. :-))

Posted: 19 Aug 19, 23:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Library question. — so far have only checked for one book (Queen: as it began). And they sure did have it in the library system. Yay!

Posted: 20 Aug 19, 00:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB, I asked the library question thank you for your response.I"m glad you found it.

Posted: 20 Aug 19, 01:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

(David Wigg could give his editor a great article with Freddie in it and the editors would cut it up and rearrange it to make it sound completely different. I don't trust the press 99 percent of the time.. )

Respond:

Perk-
I agree he seemed so smart in how he navigated everything. He really did have to “switch masks” at times.

I do recall the story in Mercury and Me when Jim talks about the 1987 Ibiza interview with David Wigg when they got back home, the book quoted Freddie as saying something like gave cream of an interview and got sour milk. This is the interview when he talks about being happy with his relationship. I remember him also saying some really touching things, like not giving up, pushing self, amazing what can do, when reflecting on his work with Montserrat (paraphrase)

—as though he was leaving “us” an inspiring message of what we are capable of. Anyone else see it that way too? seems most consensus is he was diagnosed in April 1987, 6 months before that interview. That’s the one I know of with Dave Wigg that Jim mentions getting chopped apart. I love the audio of that interview.

And as you all have said, of course, with interviews, open to interpretation of what was ‘work’ and what was something raw he wanted to get across.

Has anyone found a copy of the article to see what the difference was and how unrecognizable his recorded message was? Haven’t had luck finding it. I could be very wrong, but as I listened I felt he was reflective and trying to say something. I have listened to that interview wondering how I would write about it. Although, I even better to have the audio stand for itself. Thank goodness for the actual recording.

——///////
(Yes, it's another post-Queen concert event to look forward to make the wait bearable for Thor and Lee's book!)

Jo. T - right! Perfect timing. :-))

——//:::
Chevy. Ya, great they had it. Now being old school and patiently waiting ....

Posted: 20 Aug 19, 02:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB, Old school is a thing to be.I agree on David Wigg the guy wasnt trust worthy at all.He did exactly what you said.He also gave that awful interview where he said Freddie had invited him for evening activities between him and Barbara Valantin which was just a friend of Freddie's at the time.No way was that true.I would never see him invited to any activities like that.I sure wouldn't pick him if I did.He declined and had tea instead.Maybe Barbara joined him for tea.Its unbelievable what reporters will say.

Posted: 20 Aug 19, 02:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jb, maybe the editors did it to his interview I saw I dont know .I just found it odd he would say that and it made me not trust him and question his behavior.

Posted: 20 Aug 19, 02:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In jim’s Book it said he called and apologized saying it was out of his hands and was the editors. That’s all I know :)

Posted: 20 Aug 19, 02:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow that's terrible how a editor can do that it looks like he could sue them.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 20 Aug 19, 04:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVYMAN,
I love ya girl, but you are tending to dominate this site. I don't wish to insult you
but I often skip over your words because you reply, in my opinion, way too much.
Although Lee and I have not been able to contribute because of the work and time
required for the book, this site is still coordinated by us. I ask, please that you
reply only once or twice a day. I guess I am in trouble now.

Posted: 20 Aug 19, 08:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, will do.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 20 Aug 19, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor I'm off to Majorca today , I recall telling you ages back I was going . I'm excited

Jb who wants to live forever is so spine chilling , at wembley it was out of this world. He sang it with so much passion

I have seen the printed interview . I'll post it when I'm back from hols

Yes our library system is the same .

rennsage user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 19 posts

Posted: 20 Aug 19, 12:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevy,

FYI, you have as much right as anyone to post as much or as little as you'd like. And people are free to read or not read (or agree or disagree with) what you write, as they are with anyone else who posts here. As much as you like Thor, remember he does not own or "coordinate" this site. He started this particular thread, as many people start threads on Queenzone, and can choose to participate in it or abandon it, as he likes. Anyone else is free to do the same.

thundergod

Posted: 20 Aug 19, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello Rennsage,

All you have said is very true. Sorry to have ruffled your feathers.

Posted: 20 Aug 19, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rennsage, This is the only post I can make today so I chose to answer you.It is my wish for reasons known to me to abide by Thors wishes regardless of what the rules regarding this type of forum are.I do thank you for your concern and appreciate that information.

thundergod

Posted: 20 Aug 19, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you Chevy,
But you are not limited to only one post, as rennsage correctly pointed out. A reasonable amount of concise posts is
encouraged.
I was wrong to say "one or two" posts, and I am sorry for that.

thundergod

Posted: 20 Aug 19, 19:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

en, should instead read, encouraged.