Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

Amidds user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 201 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 03:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydid and Lgsp..thanks for reposting those clips. It reminded me to ask you what your source was for the article or book you mentioned regarding that? I feel like I read the same thing but my memory is failing me lol!

I’m about 1/2 way done with As It Began and so far it’s a pretty interesting read! For anyone who hasn’t read it yet, I definitely recommend if you can find it! Not a lot of new info but the there are some little details that make it really interesting! Tho I feel there a quite a few of you who have probably read it all by now lol! Wondering if anyone knows anything about a couple of those things: 1. Phoebe is referred to as Feebie and 2. FM threw bananas to the audience in a 1980 concert during the Crazy Tour. At first I wondered if the Phoebe/Feebie things was a US/UK thing but, if the nicknames came from B actresses, wouldn’t you always spell it the was the actress did? The banana thing I have never heard...anyone know the story behind that?

Thanks to all for the wonderful concert info! All so interesting to hear tho it makes me sad I originally decided to skip it :(

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 545 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 05:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds...I had forgotten about the banana throwing incident, so I pulled out my copy of "Queen: As I Began" to reread that section. All Jacky says is "At that concert (Alexandra Palace - 12-22-79) Freddie threw bananas to the audience during "We Will Rock You" for reasons only known to himself ". She didn't even know why. I wonder if anyone ever asked Brian or Roger? Here is a very short video clip of that incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4godP4cdPlU

As for Phoebe written as "Feebie"...I have never seen the name spelled that way before. I assumed it had been misspelled in the book.

Radioblabla user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 07:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds wrote:

Katydid and Lgsp..thanks for reposting those clips. It reminded me to ask you what your source was for the article or book you mentioned regarding that? I feel like I read the same thing but my memory is failing me lol!

I’m about 1/2 way done with As It Began and so far it’s a pretty interesting read! For anyone who hasn’t read it yet, I definitely recommend if you can find it! Not a lot of new info but the there are some little details that make it really interesting! Tho I feel there a quite a few of you who have probably read it all by now lol! Wondering if anyone knows anything about a couple of those things: 1. Phoebe is referred to as Feebie and 2. FM threw bananas to the audience in a 1980 concert during the Crazy Tour. At first I wondered if the Phoebe/Feebie things was a US/UK thing but, if the nicknames came from B actresses, wouldn’t you always spell it the was the actress did? The banana thing I have never heard...anyone know the story behind that?

Thanks to all for the wonderful concert info! All so interesting to hear tho it makes me sad I originally decided to skip it :(

In the Mr Bad Guy liner notes, Phoebe is also referred as Feeble.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 577 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Katydyd5

You can post a picture by using the full reply option instead of quick reply.

Below message text box is an option to Upload File . Tap/click.in [Choose File] and select a photo file from your own folders and it will.upload. Then click.Post Message.

Hope that helps. :-)

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 11:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks FreddieDarling! I'll try that the next time I have a picture I'd like to share. I've always seen "full reply" but never gave a thought to what it meant.

Amidds, I don't think I referenced a site when I shared my video. I know there is a site that gives very detailed information on each concert, and I thought I had it in my files, but I can't find it. Oh...………..wait, Lsgp referenced it in her post when she shared the video. Try Queenlive.ca. That might be what you are looking for. I'm going to explore that later.

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow..thanks for the reply, i know it’s such a small detail in the book but it stuck with me as if there should be a funny anecdote associated with it, ya know?

Hmmm Radio another reference to Feebie...I know I’ve seen it somewhere before, maybe that’s where. Gosh my memory is lacking these days. I feel as if I’m close to sitting on my porch yelling at the Whipper Snappers to stay off my lawn lol!

katydid..I was actually referring the the book or article you mentioned reading relating to the vids. Right after I posted, I came across an entry in the book referring to the “dark times” again. However, I seem to be in years 81-82, not 86 as you previously mentioned. This seems to pop up fairly regularly in my readings as if it related to some definitive occurrence....again, a small detail, but it just keeps niggling. Can’t help but wonder if this is what (IMO) led to the somewhat depressive portrayal by Mali in the movie?

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, for clarification, reference previous page. Perk reposted part of the convo. Sorry, can’t do those neat little tricks on my iPad of copy/paste :)

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 12:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, I’m pretty close to sitting on my front porch knitting too. I’m kind of confused. When I posted my YouTube video I didn’t reference a year or article. I did reply to aLsgp that I thought I might have seen the book/article she referred to. I very rarely mention actual dates in my posts because I’m not great with historical timelines. Then this morning I mentioned the site she had listed, Queenlive.ca as being a good source for concert info. I’m sorry if I’m not being as clear as I like.

I’m on my IPad right now so please excuse any mistakes. I’m a one-finger typer here.

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok so I’m getting worse, lol. Now I’m clearly imagining things. In my defense, it’s been one of those weeks......escaping (or trying to) into the FM and Queen rabbit hole for some emotional uplift!

FreddieDarling

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 16:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 2019825635687937.jpg 650 KB
This has been downloaded 35 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 16:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 20198251224304339.jpg 650 KB
This has been downloaded 32 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 20198251709513817.jpg 651 KB
This has been downloaded 19 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 2019825287945569.jpg 646 KB
This has been downloaded 20 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 2019825462766162.jpg 670 KB
This has been downloaded 24 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 2019825639317460.jpg 701 KB
This has been downloaded 22 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 2019825983598418.jpg 478 KB
This has been downloaded 23 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 16:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 2019825623236776.jpg 520 KB
This has been downloaded 22 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Explanation of attachments.... The post I typed as a pre cursor to these didn't post!

They are all photos taken from.a book called Freddie Mercury. The Fantasy Recording Sessions 1965. They are still taken from.the now famous 8I'm footage he took of his chums at Isleworth Polytechnic in 1965 , including Freddie Bulsara!

Apolgies for the graininess but that's how they are in the book, too!

FreddieDarling

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

8 mm not 8I'm !

Amidds, try keeping your finger pushed down on text and dragging it along the rest you require to copy, it should high light. An option should pop.up. Select "copy" then when you get to the text window you require long push and when it pops up select "paste"

Hope it works for you.

FreddieDarling

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 2019825833680147.jpg 463 KB
This has been downloaded 27 time(s).