Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 577 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Text not rest !

FreddieDarling

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Text not rest !

FreddieDarling

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 20198251120897415.jpg 469 KB
This has been downloaded 41 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 2019825931894956.jpg 578 KB
This has been downloaded 29 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Last one....

Attachment: 20198251812920741.jpg 461 KB
This has been downloaded 25 time(s).

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds- hopefully I can help. I think it might have been what I posted (?) that you are looking for?? The videos were on Magic your in Munich I believe (I’ll double check that). So I checked your schedule on queenville.ca, which matched timeframe in June book. I was curious to see what Jim discussed was going on during that time. (I refer back there a lot)

I had posted a quote from his book that Freddie had called Jim, who was at Garden Lodge, from a tour stop that was one or two before the Munich shows, saying he was depressed and asking him to come out there. From videos and Jim’s book- sounded like he may have been having a hard time. And adding in interviews of Brian and Roger that they think he probably wasn’t feeling well the, starting to feel run down. That’s interesting connection with the movie, I agree. It seems there were decisions made to “represent” things that were happening if abstractly it not directly as it happened. Hope that makes sense. ;/)

(In my defense, it’s been one of those weeks......escaping (or trying to) into the FM and Queen rabbit hole for some emotional uplift!)

You know I started singing “ in my defense” reading your post. Haha. Im sure I’m not the only one. :—))
I hope you got your “uplift” .... Hope today and your next week is better!!

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds- hopefully I can help. I think it might have been what I posted (?) that you are looking for?? The videos were on Magic your in Munich I believe (I’ll double check that). So I checked your schedule on queenville.ca, which matched timeframe in June book. I was curious to see what Jim discussed was going on during that time. (I refer back there a lot)

I had posted a quote from his book that Freddie had called Jim, who was at Garden Lodge, from a tour stop that was one or two before the Munich shows, saying he was depressed and asking him to come out there. From videos and Jim’s book- sounded like he may have been having a hard time. And adding in interviews of Brian and Roger that they think he probably wasn’t feeling well the, starting to feel run down. That’s interesting connection with the movie, I agree. It seems there were decisions made to “represent” things that were happening if abstractly it not directly as it happened. Hope that makes sense. ;/)

(In my defense, it’s been one of those weeks......escaping (or trying to) into the FM and Queen rabbit hole for some emotional uplift!)

You know I started singing “ in my defense” reading your post. Haha. Im sure I’m not the only one. :—))
I hope you got your “uplift” .... Hope today and your next week is better!!

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ugh. Accidental double post. And am on phone so couldn’t edit. (Haha) tour. Not your. I’m sure you have filled that one in for me.

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jom’s Book not June. Although I do think that was in or around June 1986—hope that helps.

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jim’s Book not June. Although I do think that was in or around June 1986—hope that helps.

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow- thank you for that banana clip. Gem of a find!! I had no idea watching the I’m going slightly mad video that he had bananas on his head before!
:-) too cute. I love it.

Katy- let’s see how I do uploading a few pics of the robe And lanyard. (Hopefully to follow).

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Robe pics

Attachment: 2019825896104065.jpeg 1 MB
This has been downloaded 44 time(s).

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 20198251399124932.jpeg 2 MB
This has been downloaded 28 time(s).

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Robe pic 3

Attachment: 20198251413474911.jpeg 1 MB
This has been downloaded 22 time(s).

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB and FreddieDarling, thanks for all of the photos. FD, I love that video with his friends, he looks so young. JB, I want that robe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rainbow, thanks for the banana clip. I don't think I've seen that before. That's what I love about this thread...….finding new pictures, videos, books, etc.

Amidds, Freddie and Queen are my escape too. I come here to get away from everyday stresses. I'm so grateful I found Thor's thread!

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy and Amidds— So well said. me too! This is a great place to be. Discussing great people with great people. :-))

Katy- I wish I had an xtra one it would be yours. Really cool right. Such a nice unexpected gift.
Wonder if they will put them out for sale after the tour?

FreddieDarling. Those photos are amazing. And, don’t think I’ve said it yet but so are your dolls!!

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh gosh, all great pics guys! Love seeing these! Keeping in theme.....lets hope this works....

http://picsart.com/i/image-freetoedit-freddie-banana-lol-lmao-funny-mercury-282335894011201?hl=es

OK, if that worked, we can see a small history of Freddie and banana pics. Beside the obvious tongue in cheek jokes that could caption this, there has got to be a back story!!

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB,She is awesome with those dolls I'm looking forward to their adventures this fall they get out and go everywhere with her they are so cool.She even makes their outfits.

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 19:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok, I’ll post this then stop, I promise. I just find it hilarious that QZ had this whole convo before....if I had just looked.....lol

http://www.queenzone.com/forums/967991/freddie-throwing-bananas.aspx?page=3

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 26 Aug 19, 00:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Radio,All I know about bananas is Freddie seemed to love bananas even in the early years there were video clips and photos of him eating a banana.