Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 379 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 19, 18:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ohhhh Rainbow! I love that idea!!! That would be cool. And the other could play it’s late but not too late. :-))).

Katy and Rainbow. I loved the photo / video conversation. Great going finding the video.

Katy I was laughing reading your description of trying to get up from his stage maneuver. Rolling etc. so true. Even when I did yoga I had to lean on the standing, rolled mat for assistance getting up. Or downward dog. Haha. He was really graceful even as he used the drum riser.

I wondered if he ever did yoga, I think it was an Ask Phoebe where I saw the “not to my knowledge” answer.

That was really funny/ cool/Freddie to lip sync without mic.

Rainbow, I was smiling reading about your Freddie gifts from your husband. You two are such a great story! What does decal look like....would love to see it.has anyone commented... will attract more like minded! I saw one w/ “the” pose arm up. Took pic. Will find and post. Would have loved to have talked to them. :-)

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 19, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 541 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 00:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB050...Nobody has commented on my car decal yet, but I did have a nice "Freddie encounter" the other day. I was out shopping, wearing my Charlie Brown shirt that says "I still miss Freddie Mercury". I happened to be going through the checkout at a store when the cashier told me she liked my shirt and said "I miss Freddie, too". It was a nice bonding moment!

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 516 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 00:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, I'm about half way into AIB and I will admit to some degree of skimming. But in rereading, I am finding some gems about Freddie that I didn't remember seeing the first time so I'm enjoying it. There is just soooooooooooo much detail and that bogs me down sometimes. I should highlight the parts that I really enjoy in case I ever pick it up a third time! BTW, once I got a lot of Freddie info into my brain, I did begin to branch out and learn more about the rest of the band. It's not that I don't like reading about them, it's that my focus will always be Freddie. I guess you could say my interest is a bit more well-rounded now.

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 04:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow!! I really like when that happens!!
I do t think I’ve seen a shirt that says that... wow... really nice!

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 541 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 04:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB050...There are a few sites that sell these shirts. Here is what mine looks like. I didn't order it through this company, but it's the same shirt. Mine is long-sleeved.

http://www.ganna.mobi/charlie-brown-i-still-miss-freddie-mercury/?sku=22-113-475078-339&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk-ejuai25AIV0ZFbCh35wAydEAQYBSABEgLu3PD_BwE

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 12:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, thank you so much for the link. Wow, I love that shirt. That is special, beyond moving. I may have to get one too. :) those bonding moments are really the best. I was wearing my rock and roll hall of fame shirt and someone stopped me and asked me where it was located. She said their vacations are all for fishing so she didn’t think she could get there. So I showed her on line places to fish near there. (Haha). Gotta love the shirt encounters. Haaahaaa.
By the way, there were a few cool images of Freddie when I was at the hall of fame earlier this summer. I’ll find and post.

They didn’t have Queen display this time but they rotate items, of course.

Katy, where are you in proximity to the HOF? Do you get there?

Have a nice day all

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Link to some cool pics. The pics aren't new but I've never seen them before in the b/w with the lights giving such an ethereal quality.....

http://datebook.sfchronicle.com/music/stunning-unpublished-queen-photos-show-bohemian-band-in-top-form

I am not recommending the article btw, lol.

JB, would love to see those HOF pics. Last time I was there (years ago), very little Queen on display and their main set up was for Pink Floyd. I don't think they did justice to Pink Floyd at the time either (I think we hit it too early) but I do love that place!

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 17:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds! Thanks for those pics!! Actually don’t think I had seen most of those. I so agree with the B&W description.

To keep with the performance pics ... here is another .. almost yoga pose maneuver. (Haha).

Attachment: 2019941133348576.png 1 MB
This has been downloaded 19 time(s).

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds
Before this year it had been Years for me too. 90s) I am with you, I need to go back. I think I was there not long after it opened..few years maybe... and I remember the had a display of all the rejection letters. (Beatles, Lef Zep, etc. etc.) Love that.... such a great message!!

Ya, we were there a few days too late to see Geddy Lee’s bade guitars. Darn. Maybe they will come back. I did play pinball on a Tommy pinball machine. :-)

Had to be cool to see Punk Floyd exhibit, but, ya the way items are rotated it’s such a timing thing.

It paid off this time to get a membership! Got an email sent to members asking what wanted to see more of... of course I said Queen

So, for the photos (to follow) one w/ guitar was on wall behind the registered. The other was in the hallway exiting the theater. As really cool!

Here they are.

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 2019941802200285.png 1 MB
This has been downloaded 21 time(s).

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 18:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 2019941627379692.png 3 MB
This has been downloaded 17 time(s).

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 18:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 2019941980650401.png 3 MB

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 2019941325980558.png 2 MB

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Close up of same

Attachment: 2019941029941652.png 3 MB
This has been downloaded 23 time(s).

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 19:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ugh. Excuse all the typos. :)

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL I love it! "Queen kicked everybody's ass" indeed!!! Love the yoga pose pic as well tho it does make my back hurt a little just thinking about trying that ;)

Anyone doing anything special tomorrow? I'm thinking I need to get off my butt and try to get to Montreux next year!!

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 572 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 22:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey , Rainbow I hope you you display your Freddie car decal with pride! Is it the classic fist raised to the sky posr? You should include a decal.saying "Honk If You Love Freddie" and see how many Freddie fans there are out there !

Your Hubby sounds great!

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 572 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 22:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just donated to Mercury Phoenix Trust in honour of our lovely Freddie. :-)