Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 561 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 22:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BTW I want to highlight that those on names be similar I am_NOT_ to be confused with FreddieDearie! Please do not confuse us!!!!!!!!! :-)

FreddieDarling

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 22:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*though, not those and * our not on! Oh dear me! :-(

I'll try again

BTW I want to highlight that though our names be similar, I am _NOT_ to be confused with Freddie Dearie! Please do not confuse us !!!!!!!! :-)

JB050 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 372 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 19, 22:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling——that is a great idea to put “honk if...” on there. I’m still trying to find the one I saw on the back of a car..., would have been fun to connect somehow.

Amidds and FD——also donated to MOT thru purchase of the ballet /Queen DVD.

But, I’ll also have to make a point to read AIB after work or something.

Ohhhh Amidds-that would be so cool. you are speaking my language. I’d love to go there too!! I’ve bern trying to work it in to another trip I’m planning but probably won’t be in Sept. it sure if anything yet. Have a wish list for next year as I watch my days off allotment dwindle. Haaahaaa. I do think planning now for his 75th in 2021 might be a good goal for me. You never know.

I like the thought that we are going to bump in to fellow “threaders” at something (concert, convention, birthday, etc.) .... would be really great.

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 19, 05:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG I love the ideas for the songs for the clocks to play - brilliant! Great black and white photos - I have not seen any of those. Thanks for sharing! I especially love the one taken from down below Freddie.

Villiars2 - was that you? Miss you woman

Thor and Lee - sooooooo how was the sleep over? Pillow fights and cookie dough?

Happy Birthday Freddie!! Mwah Darling

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 540 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 19, 05:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy 73rd birthday Freddie from one of your many worldwide fans. You are the best!

Posted: 05 Sep 19, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A toast to Freddie! Thank you for enriching the world.
Happy Birthday.

Posted: 05 Sep 19, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For Freddie’s birthday I will be wearing one of my Freddie tee-shirts to work (underneath a blazer…the tee shirt isn’t exactly dress code). I’ll also wear my Mercury Phoenix Trust Freddie pin that I recently purchased. My after work plan is to TRY and make the “cheesy pastry things” from Peter Freestone’s Freddie cookbook. They look fairly simple, which is good, as I am definitely no Julia Child! Of course, I will have some Queen music playing in the background for inspiration!

Posted: 05 Sep 19, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow! That’s such a beautiful way to spend THE day. I love the Freddie-fashion-rule-breaking!!

All- oh my goodness!! If you haven’t made your way to Peters Ask Phoebe page yet. You may want to have Kleenex ready to watch the new love me like there’s no tomorrow. So deeply moving. I’m an emotional wreck. It’s absolutely beautifully done.

http://www.freddiemercury.com/en/news

Posted: 05 Sep 19, 12:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NQS - I agree. That photo angle was amazing!!!

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 189 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 19, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK JB, you warned us, I fully admit that. I still was not prepared. How touching! Of course, when my boss walked into my office while I'm all teary, I didn't know what to say lol! I'm a horrible liar so I'm sure my "allergies" excuse didn't go over well.

Just made my donation to MPT in honor of our Freddie today :) and I would've added my favorite FM bday pic here but it doesn't seem to be working so, just imaging the one with Freddie and his 2 loves: Jim and Garden Lodge. You know the one!! Happy Birthday Freddie darling!

HelloDelilah user is on Queenzone.com
HelloDelilah
Bohemian: 164 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 19, 14:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy 73rd Birthday Freddie!! xoxo

Catus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 70 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 19, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear Thor and Lee, thinking of you today. Happy Birthday Freddie!
Can't wait to see your book.
- Katya

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 512 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 19, 16:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Catus! Nice to see you! And see??? I managed to get your name right and didn't call you "Cactus" again. : )

JB, thanks for the link to the video. It's beautifully done, both heartbreaking and inspiring.

I'm wearing a Freddie tee today, though sadly, no one at the grocery store commented.

Just donated to MPT. I think I'll make that an annual habit.

Finally, Happy Birthday Freddie! Your legend continues to grow...……….

Catus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 70 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 19, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Katy, great to see you too! ))

I actually had to shut the door in my office because this video made me cry, I was thinking about al stories we heard from Thor and Lee.

FreddieDarling

Posted: 05 Sep 19, 19:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy Birthday, lovely Freddie. As we cannot be in Montreux to pay our respects, I'm attaching a photo of my Freddie Replica for us all to contemplate our lovely man and thank him.for all he gave us.

He has a visiting Angel.

Attachment: 2019951750496823.jpg 621 KB
This has been downloaded 20 time(s).

HelloDelilah user is on Queenzone.com
HelloDelilah
Bohemian: 164 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 19, 20:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling, I love that statue and your little angel next to it. What a nice way to remember him everyday. xo

PS Actually, I was getting confused by yours and FreddieDearest’s names. Can tell who’s who by the content. :) LOL

FreddieDarling

Posted: 05 Sep 19, 21:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HelloDelilah! Cheers, matey! Yes I adore my Freddie statue. It's a lovely item, and has a lovely weight to it. Not too light and plasticy.

I thought it prudent to highlight the fact that I am not, the ever abrasive FreddieDearie! Our philosophies are POLES apart! I'm glad my post content soon makes it clear I am not that person! perhaps my "evil twin" ?

Peace and Freddie Hugs to all.

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello everyone....

A short time ago I finished making my "cheesy pastry things" to celebrate Freddie's birthday. I can only describe this as undoubtedly the most abysmal food failure of all time. I have no idea what happened...mostly likely some combination of incorrect conversion from Metric to Standard along with a large degree of culinary incompetence. What I took out of the oven was not only inedible...it didn't even remotely resemble food. I am not exaggerating. The things on the tray looked like something that scientists wearing haz-mat suits would examine in a Sci-Fi movie, screaming at anyone who came near them "BACK OFF...UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU TOUCH THE SPECIMENS!!!". My husband said they looked like sea urchins! We often throw unused food in the back yard for the birds or rabbits to eat. Not this time...I don't want to wake up in the morning and see a bunch of stiff birds with legs pointing up in the air!

I needed Phoebe!

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 512 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 00:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOLOLOL Rainbow!! Do you have a picture? I've always wanted to try those things and the recipe looked easy except for the conversions. I'm rather math-phobic, so every time I open the cookbook, I close it just as fast. Did you even try them? Maybe they were better than they looked.

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 01:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor and Lee,
Hope you raised a glass today along with so many worldwide as we celebrated the birth of a legend.
Happy Birthday Freddie- forever in our hearts!!

Hello to everyone- have been reading but not posting- I have enjoyed all of your posts!!
Hope everyone is well and enjoyed celebrating Freddie’s special day!!