Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

HelloDelilah user not visiting Queenzone.com
HelloDelilah
Bohemian: 176 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 01:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, that’s brave of you to make that recipe!! I’ll have to try one of Phoebe’s recipes soon. I saw a couple on his blog. Was it that cheesy one?!

Katydyd, what a wonderful tradition to start. And you know how much Freddie loved traditions!!

Although I don’t have any Freddie apparel to wear, I did tell my 2 coworkers and a friend that today is a special day. It’s Freddie’s birthday!! They all smiled and humored me. LOL

Hope everyone had a fantastic day remembering and celebrating Freddie’s special day!!

xoxo

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 115 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 01:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@HelloDelilah, my colleagues in my dept. humored me earlier at work today, too! I brought in a cake for a meeting in our boardroom. They cracked up when they saw it. We all sang happy b-day to Freddie! I blew out the candles, cut the cake and served it. Then, the meeting commenced.

Attachment: 2019961895054866.jpg 70 KB
This has been downloaded 30 time(s).

HelloDelilah user not visiting Queenzone.com
HelloDelilah
Bohemian: 176 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 01:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Jo! OMG!! Your cake is super cute!! Did you decorate it yourself? I love the sprinkles and colors...and esp the Freddie topper!! So funny that your coworkers sang to Freddie! LOLOLOL!!!! You guys know how to have fun at work!!

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 02:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Did everyone see today’s Google Doodle too?

I really am loving ways you all celebrated!!

I got the kindle version... in his own words and started reading. I LOVE it!!!

Amidds- that’s funny about the allergies excuse. I couldn’t hold back tears either. Luckily I was still at home. I guess I could have qualified the level of tears (for me anyway) was more than ‘only the good die young’ but less than when I read end of Jim’s book. Ugh.

Rainbow!! How cool that you got out the cookbook and ingredients and tried it. So, what did you end up having for dinner? Haha. I have to say it made for a GREAT story. Had suspense, humor, drama....:-))

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 02:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo, I love that cake! What a fun idea!!

Delilah, do you have Phoebe's cookbook? There are several recipes in there that I'd like to try. I hope Rainbow can figure out her mistake because the cheese biscuits is one that looked fairly easy. I guess maybe not! Hmmmm………...it might be fun to try to make a birthday dinner next year using recipes from the cookbook. Those darn conversions though...………………...

Emdee, glad to see you pop in. I've missed your posts.

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 02:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy! Heartbreaking and inspiring is such a perfect description. And, I also love that tradition idea!!!

Jo T. How cool is that!!!!!

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 02:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the way, I personally think Freddie’s birthday should be a national holiday. Fun day of celebrating him and appreciating the contributions and significance. ...just sayin’ :)

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 115 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 02:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@JB and @Katydyd, thanks!
@Delilah, no, I haven't had the time to bake or decorate the cake the past week. It was store-bought (Kroger's). However, I used my own Funko POP! ROCKS doll of Freddie Mercury as the cake topper (I also own the Brian May doll.). Who can refuse free chocolate cake and buttercream frosting? Even my colleagues who have never heard of Freddie Mercury - believe it or not - sang happy b-day! LOL

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 02:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo, wow, A few Never heard of Freddie? Ohh—time to start piping in Queen music :-))

And-for video watchers——did you also read the notes underneath? Very interesting and touching also.

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 02:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB, the notes were helpful. I've watched the video several times now. It's so powerful.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 03:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy Birthday Freddie. Kiss, ??

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 03:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Interesting, emoji for kissie face omoji converted to 2 question marks

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1161 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 04:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

God damn it. Why not leave the thread for Thor and Arnold? Why make irrelevant gossip on the thread that extends it? So annoying everytime I try to read it.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 04:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry *LEE, I'm drunk!

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 04:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But really. Why all day everyday, we see tons and tons of new posts, that are completely irrelevant to Thor and Lee?

and yes, I know Lee's name, I KNOW IT WELL IN FACT... I'm not THAT drunk... I'm just honestly wondering this, and I'm trying to read good things and just keep coming across irrelevant poopoo. What is going on here? Can you guys have the off-topic discussion elsewhere?

Hotdog
Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 545 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 05:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A big thank you to everyone who shared their Freddie birthday celebration ideas. Such creativity, love, and respect. Also thanks to Thor and Lee for creating a warm place for people to continue to share while you are working on your book.

JB050…I'm glad you posted the video link to “Love Me Like There’s No Tomorrow”. I found it so poignant…sad, yet very hope-filled as well. I've watched it a few times and notice something different every time.

Jo T. Loved your Freddie birthday cake! What a fun way to celebrate the day. I think I will try that next year instead. (Buying...not baking!)

FreddieDarling…Thanks for sharing the great pic of your Freddie statue and the angel holding the cat. BTW…your idea of the bumper sticker with the “Honk if you love Freddie” message is super. I actually started looking at “design your own” bumper stickers. I have to do that!

Katydyd…Yes, I have a picture of the cooking disaster...I will not be posting it. LOL. Did I try them...oh my gosh, NO WAY!!! I had a piece of toast for dinner instead.

Hello Delilah…Yes, this was the cheesy pastry recipe. Peter’s cookbook is great. I highly recommend it. Many people will enjoy trying the recipes…I will stick to reading the fun stories about the meals he served for Freddie and his guests.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 577 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 10:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow I have made Freddie's Cheesy Pastry Things about 4 or 5 times. They tasted great. They do tend to spread out, and don't look like the best little squares in the picture in the book, though.

Metric/imperial conversions are readily available via a search engine. I'm attaching a photo of a page of conversation tables.

Try them.again. They are the most delicious cheesy biccies you will ever eat. I can understand why Freddie could only part with 2 each for each friend!

BTW LOL at stiff birdies with their legs pointed up!

Attachment: 201996254053496.jpg 671 KB
This has been downloaded 15 time(s).

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling, I know I can Google the conversions. The problem is I'd actually have to THINK after I find a chart! LOL, I am going to take a look at the recipe today and see if I can figure it out.

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you Rainbow. That’s true it is hopeful too and can really feel the love very deeply. Really beautiful. I love that they are carefully and so respectfully continuing to create meaningful art as an extension of him.

And-I so agree with and appreciate your message to Thor and Lee. I am really grateful to get to “hang out” here with all of you.

Katy- it is interesting, depending on where you are whether you get shirt comments/encounters. Haha.
That was something I was enjoying when seeing the movie in theaters — the conversations I’d have after the movie. Even ended up going out afterward with people we had just met in conversation at the theater. :). And mostly talked about Freddie and Queen and our growing with music, etc. all great experiences sparked by Freddie and Queen’s energy/ inclusiveness.

FreddieDarling I was really touched by the angel’s presence next to the statue. Must be fun to see the way Freddie’s displayed around your home. Makes me think of that interview about the video when he’s joking that he runs from room to room at home. I imagine your dolls doing the same.

They are still celebrating in Montreux... :)
Rainbow-could be good weekend for cheesy pastry take 2

Have a good day everyone!

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 12:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy- JUST saw your post after I hit “post”
So good to see Freddie-inspired cooking continued.
I’m laughing and am the same about math and having to think. Haha. I bow down to all of you I’m not so skilled around an oven.