Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 577 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 18:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow I hope you do get that bumper sticker done! Let us know if you get a,reaction!

People who don't love Freddie aren't same enough to be on the roads, in my opinion!

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 387 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling.... I wish I could use the laughing tears emoji so badly. I couldn’t agree more!!!!

Rainbow, good to know about making bumper sticker, I’m with FD, can’t wait for you to get that!

Amidds, that explains a lot, doesn’t it? Haha.

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why are people trolling on Thor the man is allowed a vacation we all are from time to time. And random guys? Are they kidding what about all the random biographies out there that make stuff up completely. Thor and Lee actually knew Freddie.

Anyway
@THOR Do you get a tiny bit sad on Freddie’s birthday. I want to celebrate his birth but it’s so sad he’s not here to spend it with the world :’(

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 545 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 21:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I started designing my Freddie bumper sticker today after work. I've never done this before, but it seems pretty easy. There are so many choices of colors and fonts, but I wanted to keep it simple for now. This is just one possibility.

(Thanks FreddieDarling for the tutorial on page 37 on how to upload pictures...fingers crossed!)

Here is the web site I used:

http://www.vistaprint.com/marketing-materials/labels-stickers/bumper-stickers/templates?project_id=4fa9fefb-ffec-4644-ba17-9c16941fb90d

Attachment: 201996919275682.jpg 38 KB
This has been downloaded 20 time(s).

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 19, 21:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow JB, that does explain a lot! I’ll bet that woman who hit me doesn’t know who Freddie is! Well, now I just feel sorry for her NOT! I love all the posts guys, for your little birthday celebrations! It’s nice to see everyone doing something fun on such a special day!

Good questions Perk, I am a big believer that if you don’t agree with someone or what they’re doing, why waste your time? Don’t troll...go somewhere else with like minded individuals who want to hear it! And your question to Thor...I’ll bet it’s a little sad for him but they get to work on that book which hopefully surrounds them with good happy memories!

How bout it Thor and Lee? Do anything fun on Freddie’s b-day? Besides the book of course! A little Moët et Chandon perhaps?

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 19, 01:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling, one more question about the cheese biscuits. I looked at the recipe today and it looks like you need more butter than flour. Since you said you've made them, did you use the amount of butter it calls for? When they spread while baking, did the cheese and butter make them look sort of lacy? I'm asking because the recipe looks similar to one I have from Pinterest that makes circular lacy things.

Rainbow, I love the bumper sticker! I don't like horns though so I'd probably be kind of unhappy with all the honking.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 19, 05:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perk, Yes both Lee and felt a bit melancholy on Freddie's birthday, so we did what we figured
he would have wanted us to do...have a champagne toast to him to celebrate!

FreddieDarling

Posted: 07 Sep 19, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5 yes I used the exact ratio and weight of ingredients as in the recipe given in both Phoebe's Royal.Recipes Book and the hard copy of Freddie Book 2 "The Afterlife" they weren't the nearest buddies in the world, but they weren't lacey, really.

Rainbow did you mix the butter in really well? I know that it takes ages to thoroughly mix in.

The resultant "dough" is quite stiff and rolls out really well. but keep your rolling pin and board dusted with flour to prevent sticking.

They are melt in the mouth delicious!

Rainbow I'm very excited to see your bumper sticker and the reaction to it.

Disrupting are great. I've used them twice. Once for that T-shirt I posted of Freddie sitting by a record player with a lap full of cats, and today Royal Mail inform me that my T-shirt and mug I commissioned of my lovely cat Mitzy Munchkin! :-)

JB050, yeah, I wish we could use proper emojis here, too! :-) I'm right thoygh, huh? Peeps who don't like Freddie just cannot be sane!

Take Care Peeps. Have a great Saturday.

Attachment: 2019971381313543.png 243 KB
This has been downloaded 18 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 07 Sep 19, 07:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And the T Shirt

Attachment: 201997314746709.png 238 KB
This has been downloaded 21 time(s).

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 19, 12:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor and Lee, I can only imagine how you would feel on Freddie's birthday. Melancholy seems a perfect word. It's a tough day for me, with a tougher day to come. I'm so glad to be able to share in what he left behind, but there's always a tinge of sorrow over what might have come from that brilliant mind.

FreddieDarling, I'm not a cat person, sorry!, but I love the coloring of your cat. Beautiful.

Posted: 07 Sep 19, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry Thor, didn’t mean to seem as if I was speaking for you earlier, guess I just assumed you guys were too busy to check in and remembered what you had once said about working on the book. I try to be very brief when I post so don’t always re-read what I’ve said :(

FreddieDarling, love the shirt! Do they turn out as well as the pics do? Coloring looks great!

JB, how’s it going with AIB? Back to Montreux, found some peeps willing to check it out with me next Sept, I’m so excited. They’re more fans of traveling than Freddie but I’m really hoping we can swing it!

Posted: 07 Sep 19, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow! I love the bumper sticker! And keeping it simple... and yellow. That will be such a fun way to connect.

Amidds! WOW. I’m super excited for you!!! That’s incredible. I like how it took less than a week to go from thought to action plan.

Thank you for checking. I’m on page 97. It is really a study. Enjoying it, just hasn’t been a quick read for me. Haha. I find myself flipping between AIB and A Life In..... I am like you with details and cross- checking. But I have to stay focused since I have to return it. Haha. I’m sooo excited and happy that we are going to be having conversations on what we are reading. Going to be another busy weekend for me so I’ll have to plan my reading schedule. Haha.

And, lived your reply re: non-Freddie drivers, yours in particular. Laughter is good!

I don’t think I’ve said it much here, if at all, but was grateful to see the conversation about the sadness. I can’t even imagine for those who were in Freddie’s life. I get the bittersweet feeling a lot.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the day. Looking forward to the cheesy cooking updates. :)

Posted: 07 Sep 19, 16:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling....Thanks...I appreciate your baking pointers! I did use a metric conversion table...but I still managed to get off track. I mixed all the ingredients well...but the resulting "dough" was more like a sticky paste, not stiff at all and impossible to roll out. I probably could have used it to put up wallpaper though! BTW...I had to look up "biccies". I love learning new terms.

JB050...Thanks for the encouragement! I do intend to have a cheesy pastry take 2, but not this weekend. It's too nice out.

Katydyd...That's it exactly...my cheesy pastries were lacy. Everything just melted down...the butter was actually bubbling while baking. No wonder the smoke alarm went off when I took them out of the oven. That was the perfect final touch...standing in the kitchen with a tray of alien food while the ear-piercing smoke alarm was blaring.

Amidds....That would be so exciting if you can make the trip to Montreux next year. Of course, those of us who are not going will be expecting some great stories from you about the event!

Another bumper sticker design

Attachment: 201997642946983.jpg 19 KB
This has been downloaded 19 time(s).

Posted: 07 Sep 19, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love how Freddie's birthday has become an opportunity to not only remember an amazing artist in a fun way, but to raise money for a great cause as well. Having a celebration in Montreux every year is a fantastic idea. I can only imagine the joyous energy of so many Freddie fans gathered in one place! That helps make the day a little less sad, although it is always in the back of my mind that Freddie is not here. Like Katydyd said, the November date is much harder to handle.

Does anyone plan on attending one of the "Freddie For A Week" Hard Rock Cafe events? I don't live anywhere near a Hard Rock Cafe, but would love go just to order the "Freddie's Mustache Milkshake" . They are donating a dollar from every milkshake to the MPT.

Posted: 08 Sep 19, 01:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Really nice post about Freddie’s birthday and the energy and emotions Rainbow. Agreed.

No Hard Rock events for me (sounds really nice though!)

Amidds, are you done w/ AIB,
Looks like I’ll get an hour or two of reading in tonight. Yay!

FreddieDarling

Posted: 08 Sep 19, 07:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5 thank you. Yes my Mitzy,, who is a black tortoiseshell British Shorthair DOES have beautiful colours.

Amidds, yes the T Shirt turned out pretty darned well, and the mug. I'm chuffed with them both.

I will attach a photo of the result.

This photo also included yesterday's other delivery by post! My new Moustached Action Man. I am going to transform him into Live Aid Freddie! I needed a project as I've been in low spirits lately.

I will keep you all posted on his progress if you'd like to see ?

Gave a lovely Sunday, Peeps.

Attachment: 2019981127988348.jpg 254 KB
This has been downloaded 18 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 08 Sep 19, 07:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have not Gave! *sigh*

Posted: 08 Sep 19, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, those bumper stickers are awesome! I wonder if they do window clings? I would have to invest then :). No Hard Rock near me but hopefully they will do more Freddie events in the future as my daughter has one close to her that we are usually by when I visit.

FreddieDarling, please keep us updated on your music moustached man, would love to see it! I’m not that creative so I will live vicariously through you!

JB, yes, finished the book and returned it a little worse for wear as it got thrown around in my accident :(. Just a little “bruising” so hopefully the library didn’t notice! Will be great to discuss when you are done so hurry up lol! Reading it has made me want to re-read my stash of Freddie books to compare info.

Montreux....does seem like I planned it fast! We were working on the next years trips we want to take so I slipped in a “hey! What about Switzerland? That would be an awesome trip for next September!” Everyone was for it, even when I fessed up why I wanted to go! Like I said though, they are more traveling fans than FM fans so it might be that it’s not quite over the weekend I want it to be :(. That’s OK, we can still see a lot and I will try to justify it in my mind with “at least I don’t have to suffer the crowds”. Yeah, I don’t think that will work either!

Happy Sunday all! I finally get to drop off my car for repairs and am looking forward to being able to open my car door again lol!

Posted: 08 Sep 19, 14:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok had to post this...when looking at places to stay, I came across a private FM hotel....not sure how I feel about this.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Pj92U4dJc

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2758 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 19, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds wrote:

Ok had to post this...when looking at places to stay, I came across a private FM hotel....not sure how I feel about this.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Pj92U4dJc>

Not as tasteless as publishing a book with private pix