Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 567 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 19, 18:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm uploading a few piggies of my WIP Live Aid Freddie. Don't judge too much yet, as I have a long way to go....I

Blue eyes

Attachment: 2019981402754455.jpg 204 KB
This has been downloaded 22 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 08 Sep 19, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To brown eyes

Attachment: 201998275494408.jpg 201 KB
This has been downloaded 23 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 08 Sep 19, 18:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Step 1 the cutting out

Attachment: 2019981194041789.jpg 267 KB
This has been downloaded 20 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 08 Sep 19, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Step 2_ the vest (it will.look snugger when tucked into his jeans) and I had to still be able to slip.it over his head and shoulders.

Front view

Attachment: 201998164828438.jpg 720 KB
This has been downloaded 16 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 08 Sep 19, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

vest back view

Attachment: 201998277225113.jpg 733 KB
This has been downloaded 14 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 08 Sep 19, 18:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Making man -scaped Freddie into our more beloved Furry Freddie.

Chest

Attachment: 2019981110176959.jpg 637 KB
This has been downloaded 16 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 08 Sep 19, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Back view

Attachment: 201998867572220.jpg 654 KB
This has been downloaded 12 time(s).

FreddieDarling

Posted: 08 Sep 19, 18:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The beginnings of his Wranglers.

Right leg (without stitching details yet)

Attachment: 201998316477414.jpg 645 KB
This has been downloaded 20 time(s).

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 516 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 19, 18:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, I tried Freddie’s cheese biscuits and they turned out fine, but a little too salty. I didn’t use a conversion chart. Instead I asked Google a direct question for each measurement as in “what is the standard equivalent for 60 grams?” PM me if you want the amounts I used.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 541 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 19, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd...Congratulations! I definitely want to try making them again. Will PM you for the specifics. Thanks.

HelloDelilah user is on Queenzone.com
HelloDelilah
Bohemian: 164 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 19, 22:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi katydyd5, glad to hear your biscuits turned out! Sorry for the delayed reply. I've been a bit busy lately. I don't have Phoebe's cookbook. Phoebe posted a couple of recipes online: a chicken and a cherry cake recipe. I thought the biscuit one too but can't find it now. Let me know if you need help with converting measurements.

FreddieDarling, you may want to consider selling your dolls or taking custom orders. I'm sure someone would love to have a one-of-a-kind Freddie doll. :)

Watching Live at the Rainbow today. :) Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 114 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 19, 00:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@JB & @Katydyd (and others):
OMG, I absolutely love the song "Me and the Sky" from "Come From Away" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQVrbzBv-AU)! Broadway cast member, Jenn Colella, performs the song based on the real-life retired pilot, Beverley Bass, who made aviation history as the 1st female pilot to be named captain at American Airlines back in 1986. I won't see "CFA" till Oct. but if that one song is any indication, the show should be spectacular! I can already see why Lee Nolan recommended it. I have yet to preview the other songs, but "Me and the Sky" blew me away over the weekend, and I HAD to share! It's a spoiler alert, so don't watch the video if you don't want a sneak preview of one of the songs. JB, were you blown away by the song, too, when you saw the musical live?

Posted: 09 Sep 19, 02:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling, that's quite a project! I can see the love you are putting in to it. Please post a picture when you are finished!

Jo , thanks so much for sharing "Me and the Sky". Wow, it's powerful. I had almost dropped my Broadway series tickets this year until Lee recommended this show and then found out from his friend that it would be the first show of the series in my city. I'm so grateful that he shared his love of Broadway musicals with us. I go in three weeks and now I'm more excited than ever.

Rainbow, I PMed you the recipe exchanges. I'm quite sure Jer's were better than mine. For one thing, hers were little squares and mine look like mini Red Lobster cheese biscuits. Pretty tasty though! Does anyone else have Phoebe's cookbook and if so, have you tried any of the recipes?? I might venture a little further into trying to make Freddie's favorite foods. I wish Thor and Lee weren't on hiatus because I'd like to hear what they ate while at Garden Lodge. I've started to keep a little cheat sheet as I read this thread, so I'm going to write that question down. I'd also like to know if they ate at any of Freddie's favorite Indian restaurants. I'm sure we will all have a lot of questions when they return.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 19, 10:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wowza I can't keep up with this thread lol. I do wonder if someone has a point. I love all of the chat we have with each other but that means this thread will get massive again and isn't that why this one was started as there was pages and pages . This isn't be being grumpy , i'm wondering if another thread should be set up to have these lovely conversations and then this one stays less clogged for thor and lee . Of course Lee & Thor can join in any other thread but they may not be as interested in some of the things we are. Sorry its hard trying to get this across without looking like an arse.

Anyway Thor and Lee I understand his birthday is a little hard for you but I am glad you raised a glass to him. I hope you are both well

Happy birthday to the greatest showman .

Posted: 09 Sep 19, 12:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I understand what you are saying Doughnut and have noticed it too. The thing is, I'm really enjoying the interaction we are all having . This thread has always tended to get cumbersome just by the very nature of the friendships formed, even when Thor was here regularly. I do think Thor had hoped to create a place of acceptance and harmony and he's certainly done that for the most part. There will always be trolls, but isolate and ignore is a good policy. We are unique to QZ in that we are almost independent of the rest of the forum. I never post on the other threads because they so often go negative and snarky towards each other. Yes, we are beginning to create a huge thread again, but that would happen even if we move to a new thread. I know some of you created a private FB group for conversation, but something like that doesn't work for me because of privacy issues. Thor has told us that he and Lee will be gone for the most part until they are finished with the book. When they return I feel certain he will create another thread and the focus will be back on the book and questions for Thor and Lee. I have several questions in mind already just waiting for that time. I think we might just have to hang in there until Thor and Lee are back and then begin again.

Amidds user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 195 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 19, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling, nice job!!! I would consider Etsy if I were you!

Doughnut - you don't sound like an arse at all! I have often thought the same thing but have noticed the same at Katydyd - some of the other threads can get to be so hateful which really makes me want to avoid them. Somehow this has become a safe space, maybe because some of these convos
bore everyone lol!!! I do try to keep my posting short which probably makes them seem a little disconnected at times.....but I would be willing to take at least our book discussion over to that thread when everyone is caught up if everyone is good with that? Of course, I am not sure how to do that :)

Speaking of which - how's that coming JB? Did you find some reading time this weekend like you wanted?

Amidds user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 195 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 19, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And by boring - I meant to others as Thor and Lee have been absent!!!

Posted: 09 Sep 19, 15:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, the book thread is on the QZ forum but has gotten lost because of inactivity. It would be easy to fire it up again so long as someone can find it and give it a boost with a post. I've finished AIB, and I'm now reading...………..yikes...….can't think of the title. The Freddie quotes book that was just released again.

CHEVYMAN user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1042 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 19, 15:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, I do agree with you on the point the posts are so long and the same thing is talked about over and over.Alot of people coming in dont want to see that .JT, I seen that cake it looked awesome you did good what did you department think?Freddie Darling, I see Little Freddie and Jim are back at work and I also seen the chest hair you added did you do that for me.You know I like them slick cute idea though hope you are well.Well detectective Doughnut till next time love you my sister.

Posted: 09 Sep 19, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevy! Nice to see you!