Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 387 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Sep 19, 15:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi all- out of town - will be back later for more replies.

For the timely answer:
Amidds- I got about an hour in this weekend. :)
But am looking forward to getting more in later today when I get home. Thanks for waiting for me! My book has to be back on the 16th I believe-it’s at home I have to double check. If everyone’s good w it, that could be our start date. But I am really good if we switch over any time! -truly.

Posted: 09 Sep 19, 16:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On 2nd thought.. should we switch over for separate book discussion thread now—- and set a date / countdown like when Thor/Lee started the previous one. Just a thought Hope everyone’s having a nice day. (Sorry for any delayed replies!)

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 19, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds thank you for understanding my point . I definitely don't want to come across as an arsel .

I personally feel a book thread is a great idea as we can keep that thread to the topic without it diverting and getting confusing. I'll set up one in a minute . Looking forward to discussing with you and jb :) as it began .

Katy my post isn't concerning trolls and privacy , I saw what another user wrote recently and I could feel his frustration . You've mentioned how certain convo's have driven people away although I don't know who and so I felt that the lovely random convo we all have here would be better placed on its own thread . A general chit chat type thread to talk about anything . That way people don't have to read pages and pages to see if Thor has posted . He has been posting on and off recently which has been lovely . I really miss him . He has many friends in qz who are eager to hear from him :)

When I used to participate more I did used to worry about our chitter chatter and getting carried away .

You are right some of us are in a fb group as we felt safer . It was set up.As the trolls were awful in here at the time . I suspect that will happen again when the book comes out., Freddiedearie is a pain in the bum. Also I found people are watching what we discuss , taking screenshots and posting it in Instagram and fb to discuss. QZ is wide open .
Our fb group is secret so there is no privacy issue . There are 20 of us who thanks to QZ have became good friends. We are even doing secret Santa even though we live all over the globe . I love that Freddie has brought us all altogether.

Obviously it's entirely up to you what and where you post .

I've always enjoyed posting on QZ but it is a dinosaur lol .

JB I hope you are having a good vacation ?!

Posted: 09 Sep 19, 21:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Book thread now set up xxx

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 19, 23:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QZ may be a dinosaur, but I enjoy it! I know how private FB groups work. I'm in a private political FB group that takes up a lot of my time. I was really honest with you guys about why I chose not to join the FB group. It was a both a matter of not wanting to share my real name with so many that I hadn't gotten to know well here (my privacy issue) and knowing that many of the members who joined were of different opinions than mine on hot button issues. I didn't want you guys to feel that you couldn't talk openly if I was there, and I certainly didn't want to bring arguments into the group. I'm glad you have formed close friendships because it will be a place for you to have those personal conversations.

I think you might be right about an influx of trolls once the book comes out. I hope you all will step back in to help isolate and ignore and get the conversation going on the book. It will be exciting!

I'm happy here. I really don't have time for more than I do here now, though I go in spurts of posting. I may pop into the book group because I did finish AIB.

Posted: 10 Sep 19, 07:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tbh Katy I was really sympathizing with the user and his frustration at pages and pages of chat when he is probably looking for something from Thor .
The group I'm in hasn't really got anything to.do with it other than you brought it up and I explained our reasons for it . I haven't suggested to leave qz.
I love the chat on this site but my thoughts were to keep it to a nice chit , chat thread to allow other members to be able to find thors posts and for Thor to easily read any messages users may write to him . At the moment they are getting buried .
Off course that's just my feelings and you can do what you want lol .

Just to add we do have different opinions in our group but we are adult enough to respect them and discuss openly . I've actually found it helpful hearing other people's points of view as it has helped me see things differently.

Ill definitely be here when the book comes out , wouldn't miss any chats with Thor for the world .

Posted: 10 Sep 19, 07:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kendra nice to see you back . Xxx

Posted: 10 Sep 19, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, I'm excited that you are exploring the possibility of a trip to Montreux. Even if your friends aren't Freddie fans, surely they would indulge you?? There have been so many pictures on FB from Montreux and it looks like such a great community of fans having fun. The pictures of the statue lit at night, overlooking the lake are stunning. Thor and Lee have flirted with the idea of Montreux. Wouldn't it be great if they went next year too? Maybe they'd do a panel discussion. I hope you stick around and share if you go!

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 19, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, How is the book reading going?I have never been much of a avid book reader but now that I want too my eyes just wont allow it.It has to be really something interesting or I get lost and I cant tell you a thing it said it bores me stiff.My daughter will set and read a whole entire book and won"t stop till she has finished it good for her she didn't get it from me.My son on the other hand could hardly wait till he got reading and class work done so he could go to wrestling practice he is definately his mother's kid go figure.

Posted: 10 Sep 19, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All- made good progress on AIB last night.
Ya, I always think I’ll lose details to. Made some notes and taking pic of certain pages since won’t have book to refer to. If anyone has specific page know we will discuss if you let me know I’ll make sure to copy that page before returning. Haaa has.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Amidds user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 201 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 19, 19:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Chevy! It's going.....my problem is I don't have the recall I used to though I still love reading!! My kids are the opposite of me as well.....I love to read and I've never been able to get them interested! Those are the times I tell them we don't know who their mother is lol!

Maybe you can try to just read a few pages at a time about some wonderful, kind, sexy front-man! Might hold your interest :) Then, hop over to the other thread and let us know what interesting things you find that we might miss!!

Posted: 10 Sep 19, 22:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, Yes I do need to read more I agree.I do admire Freddie's talent is that the front man you are talking about.I just dont find him sexy I'm sorry dont be mad.He is nice looking but I dont like hairy men all.If I could I would give them all free wax treatments on the house.Something about sweat and hair yuk!Now Roger Tayor is more like it I could do some reading and have on that character.He is very interesting and pleasant to the eyes.But the Front man is pretty too.I just like those blue eyes and 70s Roger is the most beautiful man I have ever seen dont you agree.Have fun reading I might go look and read what you guys write about so I dont have to read it instead I'm terrible.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 545 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 19, 23:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevy...did you ever try listening to audio books? I know our library has quite a wide variety of audio books that people can either download with an "app" or sign out as a CD. Maybe they have a Freddie audio book at your local library. Amazon also has audio books. (I think they are called "audibles" on Amazon) Lots of people use those...everyone from commuters who spend a long time in their cars, people who enjoy listening to books while doing activities around the house, or those who have vision problems. Might be worth a try!

Posted: 10 Sep 19, 23:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, Awesome idea I might try that I was the student in school instead of reading the book I would get the is it called cliff notes .Big mistake so much missing from those.yep with my optic nerve issues that may be a good solution.Thanks girl.

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 00:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Jo T!

I love your reaction!
I’m so glad you looked up performances online that was smart!

I believe Jenn Colella is still in the Broadway production she is phenomenal! (From what I e watched online) I saw her in an interview she said she met and is now friends with the captain who she plays and said what an amazing person she is

Apparently, it’s still running on broadway while also touring. One of my friends is going to see it in New York.

Becky Gulsvig played the captain
in the production that I saw. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AhVhFzrMyIA

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 01:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo T. I like the different performances/interpretations.
They did an incredible job presenting this story. Can’t wait for you to see it!

Amidds user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 201 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 01:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh Rainbow, excellent suggestion on the audio books! Hope you can find some Chevy! If not, come see what we discuss, I’m sure a lot of it is stuff you’ve heard and seen on YouTube in various interviews and stuff. Also, no hating here cause you prefer Roger!!! You are certainly entitled to your opinion! I think a lot of what I like about Freddie is what I have seen and heard about his kindness, sense of humor and love of life! Makes him a very attractive person imo!

In my research on going to Montreux, I came across pics of Freddie’s statue being vandalized earlier this year. I had never heard of this before. Guess it happened a couple of years ago too. Anyone hear of this? I don’t believe it happened both times around a jazz festival. How horrible!!!!

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 03:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good idea about audio books Rainbow. I listened to a book on tape years and years ago, but found that my mind wandered and I'd have to rewind and try to find where I'd stopped listening.

Amidds, my sons are the opposite of me too. I read constantly, they don't read. That always made me sad. I also struggle with recall unless I am really invested in the material I am reading.

Chevy, I had forgotten you have vision problems. That must make it tough and audio books might be perfect! I have double vision in one eye when I look down or to the left, and I often find I'm reading with a permanent wink. It's just easier to focus on print if I'm not trying to use both eyes.

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 115 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 06:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@JB050, we're posting about the Broadway musical "Come From Away," about the 38 planes that were diverted to the small town of Gander in Canada's Newfoundland in the wake of 9/11, and I realize that today is already 9/11/19, the 18th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, almost 20 years ago!

That's cool that actor, Jenn Colella, and the real-life, retired American Airlines' Captain Beverley Bass are friends. Besides Jenn Colella, I also like Zoe Gertz's portrayal of Captain Bass in the Melbourne, Australia production of "CFA" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNhCrzMozfw). Zoe Gertz could pass for a young Captain Bass. Her facial features bear a resemblance.

I won't see "CFA" till Oct. when the North American tour stops in my metropolis, but if I like it enough, I may consider seeing it for the 2nd time but on Broadway in 2020, if Jenn Colella continues her role as Captain Bass.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 577 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 07:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In Remembrance

Attachment: 2019911650037916.png 266 KB
This has been downloaded 27 time(s).