Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I get the impression Mary wasn't the warmest human being in the world and she definitely controlled Freddie in a lot of ways, but Freddie controlled her too. I don't think she went out of her way to be unkind to anyone it was just she didn't really warm up to people. I'm reading the new in his own words book. A lot of people try to excuse her behavior towards the caring three: Peter, Joe, Jim after his death to grief, but from what I've read from different sources she was just not a warm person. Peter Freestone said that all love whether friend or lover started with trust and that even though many outside looking in could see that the person had a lot of bad flaws, as long as he trusted them, Freddie didn't see them. He would only see the good things about people.

FreddieDarling wrote:

Well said, Rainbow.

Yes, we can all see certain behaviours exhibited by Mary which we find hard to fathom, or condone, it we should respect that Freddie trusted and loved her very, very much and wanted her as a part of his life (and not just as a "beard")

Peter Freestone always says that as far as friends went (though often NOT with lovers!) Freddie was usually a good judge of character, and was only mistaken in giving his trust to people a couple of times. One, being, obviously, Paul Prenter.

I'm sure we can all agree to differ on our opinions on the people Freddie chose to have in his life, and respect the other person's view.

Katydyd5, I'm thrilled for you that you attended a Q+AL concert! Wow! What an experience. Money well spent as the memories and feelings the experience gave you will be with your to take out and cherish for all time! Fabulous!

Hope everyone is well, and enjoying themselves. Are you all considering buying the revamped Treasures of Queen book ?

Welcome to all our lovely newbies. I hope you find enrichment, enjoyment and new information on Thor and Lee's thread. I look forward to them being back with us.

I will ,as usual, be making a donation to Mercury Phoenix Trust on Freddie's Birthday.
Take Care All

TTFN

FreddieDarling

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

With it being 9/11 I'm obviously late in talking about this and feel awkward because of what this day does represent. However, I hope you guys will forgive me.

On Freddie's birthday I bawled my eyes out. Then, I felt horribly guilty about it because it was a happy occasion and I know Freddie wouldn't want me to cry, but it was just a sad day with all the tributes on social media. November 24th is going to wreck me. I saw an instagram post from Roger with about 5 words wishing Freddie a happy birthday and for some reason that made me cry the most. Am I the only one? Am I the only one who felt horribly guilty about crying on Freddie's day? Just wondering.

Has anyone heard any news from @THUNDERGOD or Lee about how the book is coming along?

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 14:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

this website is so dang old. I wish we could if nothing else have a mute button for trolls. Like not block them but just mute them where you don't have to see their posts.

doughnut wrote:

Amidds thank you for understanding my point . I definitely don't want to come across as an arsel .

I personally feel a book thread is a great idea as we can keep that thread to the topic without it diverting and getting confusing. I'll set up one in a minute . Looking forward to discussing with you and jb :) as it began .

Katy my post isn't concerning trolls and privacy , I saw what another user wrote recently and I could feel his frustration . You've mentioned how certain convo's have driven people away although I don't know who and so I felt that the lovely random convo we all have here would be better placed on its own thread . A general chit chat type thread to talk about anything . That way people don't have to read pages and pages to see if Thor has posted . He has been posting on and off recently which has been lovely . I really miss him . He has many friends in qz who are eager to hear from him :)

When I used to participate more I did used to worry about our chitter chatter and getting carried away .

You are right some of us are in a fb group as we felt safer . It was set up.As the trolls were awful in here at the time . I suspect that will happen again when the book comes out., Freddiedearie is a pain in the bum. Also I found people are watching what we discuss , taking screenshots and posting it in Instagram and fb to discuss. QZ is wide open .
Our fb group is secret so there is no privacy issue . There are 20 of us who thanks to QZ have became good friends. We are even doing secret Santa even though we live all over the globe . I love that Freddie has brought us all altogether.

Obviously it's entirely up to you what and where you post .

I've always enjoyed posting on QZ but it is a dinosaur lol .

JB I hope you are having a good vacation ?!

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 14:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

one more quick thing. If someone buys the Freddie: Never Boring collection let me know if it's got any new or extended stuff on it because I have like all the Freddie singles and albums and most of the interviews are on You Tube so when that comes out let me know if it's worth the money :) PLEASE

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1040 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perk, It's nice to see you again Friendships I think are between the two people nobody understands two people's friendship but those two people I think.We can have an opinion on how it should and what is but the only one that knows are the two people in that relationship.I will say it is rare to find a friend that is true to you and lasts for your life time if you find it treasure it.Friends do fight but at the end of the day they have each others back.As far as trolls you cant stop them it's hard for me to walk away but for me to remain active here I will have to avoid all confrontation with anyone regardless of my nasty temper so no mute button necessary sticks and stones I guess not what i want to do but those are the rules.

Katydyd5 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 512 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 15:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perk, I think I'm going to pass on the Never Boring collection. I don't think it has enough new to justify a purchase for me. I would be interested to hear if someone does add this to their collection and if they think it is worth the price.

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo T. Thank you so much for the details and the link. Am trying to get it to open, but am outside at lunch. Getting spinning wheel at the moment, can’t wait to watch it. I really like seeing the various performances.

It is something — our discussion timing with 9/11. It actually seems like seeing the show today would feel very appropriate and like being in the “right” place. I am so glad they brought this story to the stage. (Ok now I’m repeating myself. Haha)

FreddieDarling, beautiful attachment in memory.
I am definitely taking pause today. Is anyone attending a ceremony? Have Thor / Lee discussed 9/11 here? I thought I remembered a conversation about it.

Have a good day! Sun is out here. Hope it is for all of you :)

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 19:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jb050, I think they have very sad day do long ago.

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 19:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sorry I meant so long ago

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 20:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for reply Chevy.
Was thinking about them.
Amazing to think of all the stories and memories they may be sharing in the book from a pre- 9/11 world. This book is really going to be something to treasure. Yes, I know, I’m preaching to the choir.

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 20:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB, Yes it is they been around since those good days when life probably made more since than it does now less technology.If you wanted to talk to someone you went and picked them up and had a drink or whatever.Hell now you dont even have to see each other that's crazy isn't it.Just text them email them or what ever.Im glad I at least got to experience 80s and 90s growing up before things got crazy.I dont remember the 70s at all I was born in 73 so not much memory I have seen pics alot of ugly clothes and terrible shorts that leave nothing to the imagination if you know what I mean hint hint.

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 189 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh Perk, I love when you post...you bring up threads that refresh this old girls memories :). I'm passing on the Never Boring as well, seems as if there's nothing new. Of course, would love to hear from anyone who buys it! On the other hand, I am still waiting on my Treasures of Queen order that was supposed to arrive on 9/5. It seemed like it was a lot of the same old but I liked that it would be all together in my library! We will see....someday....maybe, lol!

JB - no ceremonies or anything for me today. I am actually going to enjoy a day of not having any appts or taking anyone anywhere! Yes, my like is a real party (I rolled my eyes so hard at that, I think I broke something). Of course, I can't help but remember that day, exactly where I was and what I was doing. I'm sure I'll hear from my kids today and we will talk about that. They were both so young but still impacted by it!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying their day (sunny here too!) as much as you can in light of.......

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 23:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling, thanks so much for the Remembrance candle. This is one of those days that many can describe exactly where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news.

JB, Thor did talk about 9/11. Go to the Google Custom Search at the top of this page and type in "Thundergod on 9/11" and you can see what he shared.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 540 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 19, 00:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I attended a flag ceremony today at a small military memorial across from my place of work. It was very simple...two men from the United States Air Force Honor Guard slowly unfolded an American Flag. While they stood holding the opened flag, a lone bugler played Taps. After the song was done, they slowly folded the flag back up and walked away down a brick path between a row of military flags. They did this ceremony 6 times...once for each time a plane hit a building and when each tower of the World Trade Center collapsed. They timed the ceremonies to occur at the exact moment these tragedies happened. It was very solemn. Since it was not an advertised ceremony, there were only 6 of us there, including the military guys and the bugler. Somehow the intimacy of the small ceremony made it even more powerful.

Yes, I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I got the horrific news about the attacks. That moment will be forever seared in my memory...

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 189 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 19, 00:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thought I would share this FM quote with you all to hopefully brighten up an otherwise sad day. Im sure you’ve all heard the story but I’ve never heard this exact quote and it made me lol!!

“I don’t know why in Rio they got so excited about me dressing as a woman; there were lots of transvestites there–just go and look on any street corner and you’ll find them. I certainly didn’t go on dressed like that to provoke them, and I may have been stoned like the Queen of Sheba, but I wasn’t giving up my boobs for anyone! Still, it's a good story, so what the fuck?”

Posted: 12 Sep 19, 01:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL Amidds. IHOW is just full of gems, isn't it? I just saw that one today.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 120 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 19, 01:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you Freddiedarling for caring.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 540 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 19, 01:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Correction...for the flag ceremony I meant when the planes hit the 3 buildings and crashed into the field. (not 4 buildings) Sorry....

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1715 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 19, 03:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear All,
Well, let me say that the photo/graphic/ design and book cover front and back, has appropriately been
left for Lee and me to create. It is difficult and a bit time consuming. With Lee being a perfectionist and
me being a semi-perfectionist, we are trying to make the book as wonderful as possible. We go over ideas
every day whether via text, e-mail, or phone call.
I had a bit of a setback with my knee as far, as new swelling, pain, and decreased range of motion. If all goes
well, Lee and I will have another work session as of Sept. 19th, immediately after my first post-op meeting
with my surgeon and 3 hours of driving time. We will get this part two phase completed....I hope.
Love you all,
Thor

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 19, 03:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So sorry to hear about your setback with the knee Thor! Hope you get smooth sailing from here on out.

Thank you for the update. Love to you and Lee!!