Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

Rainbow61 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 545 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jun 19, 02:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling…Great picture! At first glance, I thought it was counted cross-stitch. Kudos to you for having the patience to complete that project. I think I would have given up after doing Freddie’s mustache!

I work as a health insurance Navigator for a not-for-profit agency. I help people through the application process to obtain health insurance (mostly Medicaid, but other insurances as well). I have met so many people, both young and old alike, who suffer from depression and anxiety and inquire if mental health services are part of the insurance. (Absolutely) Even Brian May has been very forthcoming about coping with depression. Best to you FreddieDarling, Perk, and Chevy as you deal with this issue. I know there are many other silent readers on this thread who can relate to your struggles.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 29 Jun 19, 03:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Rainbow

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 29 Jun 19, 03:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevy I have all the letters....PTSD, ADHD, OCD, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, THE FULL thing...yay me!

Posted: 29 Jun 19, 12:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perk,They didn"t diagnose me with PTSD till I became sick they gave me what you call a neuro psychic evaluation and determined I had it since i was young do to repeated trama.So mine requires i have to take talk therapy at first i didn't want to go but now i find it helpful i know this Is a bit personal but if i can help someone it's worth it.If your not in therapy you might give it a try.It"s not for everyone but I have found it very beneficial.Pm me off the forum if you need to talk about anything.

Posted: 29 Jun 19, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, I think that is wonderful you help people with that application process for insurance when I first got sick I had insurance through my job but as you know when they decided it wouldn't be in my best interest to return I had to take state insurance till I qualified for Medicare I had to wait teo years for Medicare my jobs I insurance was great but state I insurance is terrible.Im glad I now have Medicare plus the fact I have Indian health care coverage if it wasn't for that I don't know what I would do.I have experienced so many changes in 3 years.Im still but I'm still trucking.Speaking of the book and changing subjects can't hardly wait till it's here .Travel is expensive though I'm gonna donate on the 3rd and I will try to every month I just hope everyone is able to help.

Posted: 29 Jun 19, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That was a messed up post I hope you can read it.

Posted: 29 Jun 19, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am currently reading a book called "The Queen Story" by George Tremlett. It was written in 1976, so it obviously does not cover too much of the band's career. I bought mine (used) for $4.83 last year on Amazon. It now sells on Amazon (used) for $149.99. That's crazy! Of course, that doesn't mean someone will buy it at that price. The original price on the back of the book is 50p in the UK and $1.95 in Canada.

At the same time I bought another book called "Queen" by Larry Pryce for $4.50, now selling for $29.20 on Amazon. The original price was 50p in the UK, $1.65 in Australia and New Zealand, and $0.55 in Malta. Obviously, there was not a market in the US at the time for those books. Both of them are small, mass-market paperbacks and must have been among the first books ever written about the band if not the very first. I had never heard of either of them before. They were recommended on another QZ thread by a frequent poster "Sabastian. I liked the idea of reading anything from the early days. I haven't started the Pryce book yet. Sometimes I buy books with the intention of reading them in the future...I won't be doing that with Thor and Lee's book though. I will be starting that book once I remove the wrapping!

Posted: 29 Jun 19, 17:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awesome rainbow me too can't wait.It gives us something to look forward too.A good book I wish it was out for my b'day but that won't happen it's sunday.A great book and watermelon jello shots sound good.

Posted: 29 Jun 19, 17:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oops...I misspelled Sebastian's name! Now it is correct.

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 29 Jun 19, 21:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow,

Let me know if there are any interesting facts that aren't well known. I have read everything WORTH reading about them so I'm looking for new stuff while I await Thor and Lee's book. Chevy my PTSD was only discovered in therapy due to childhood trauma I had hidden for years. Mostly bullying and etc. emotional abuse from those close to me. It's a long drawn out saga but I have seen a therapist and my depression is about 95% chemical so meds treat it so I only see a therapist when I fall into the habits I know I exhibit when any of the others crop up and my anxiety is always under control. I'll PM you if I need any more advice. Thanks all of you for your support and I had forgotten Brian was a depression sufferer. I don't believe you ever truly get over it I just believe in goes into remission. Anyway, back to fun things. I was watching the first American Baseball Major League game in London and they had like a mascot race and one of them was Freddie mascot it was so funny. He won by the way cause duh who wouldn't. Makes sense he in some form would be represented at the London game. haha it was fun to see.

THOR AND LEE
Please keep us updated on the book progress and we know you are not answering Freddie questions cause they could be in the book, but I do hope you will stop by to say hi because we have or at least I have been so happy to get to know you both even through this small way. You keep Freddie alive for all of us and that in itself is great. I know it's a lot of hard work but you will make so many people happy with your book. I hope you know how much it will mean to so many! It's hard to get books from people who actually knew Freddie and are reliable and have such FUN AND HILARIOUS anecdotes as you two do. I'm pumped! I'm trying to be patient but much like Freddie it's not a quality I possess in abundance :)

Posted: 30 Jun 19, 04:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A very happy birthday to you, Chevy! Have a great day.

Posted: 30 Jun 19, 06:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perk...if I read anything new in either of the books, I will certainly share.

I missed the RedSox/Yankee game that was played in London, but I saw the mascot race on video afterward. It was so fun and goofy...you had to laugh. I love the idea that Freddie is so popular that he is even included in a baseball game. Actually, I wonder if Freddie ever watched a baseball game in his life? Here is the link for that race for those who are interested:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1145061454384652288

Posted: 30 Jun 19, 10:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks rainbow I'm getting old now going to have a mellow one I think.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 19, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw the mascot race on video too. I always think it's fun to see the reactions and pageantry when an American sport goes to London. The race was certainly goofy as Rainbow said, but I loved hearing that the Freddie mascot got the loudest roar from the crowd. Still so popular!

The Black Queen's Kid user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Black Queen's Kid
Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 19, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy birthday, Chevyman! Rock on!

Posted: 30 Jun 19, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Back, Thanks sister just getting my birthday jello shots ready I have limited myself to 4.You guys have a blessed sunday

Posted: 30 Jun 19, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BQK I misspelled I haven't been drinking yet.

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 215 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 19, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHEVY!!!
Cheers to many more!!
XXOO

Posted: 30 Jun 19, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blenko, thanks you gotta try these watermelon jello shots they are to die for.I have tried all the flavors but watermelon is the best.Have a good one blekko are you in my fb group.

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 215 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 19, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Watermelon jello shots! Yum...sounds perfect for hot summer days!!!
Yes, Chevy...I am Gina on FB!
Party on, Garth!!!!