Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 387 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 04:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HelloDelelilah
You found more than are on the MSNBC link I posted. We are the Champions is there but none of the others you show w/o links.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 545 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 05:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd and JB050... I also noticed the guy crouching next to Roger and wondered what he was doing. I assumed he was Roger's drum tech. It did kind of look like he was holding the cymbal stand down. The "call and response" with Freddie is so classic, I'm glad they decided to include that in the show. Selfishly, I was hoping Queen would get to do a longer set than the others, but I hardly expected them to perform for an hour. WOW! I'm glad they had such nice weather for the show.

JB050...Loved hearing the crowd chanting Freddie's name. To me that was like saying, "We still love you Freddie"! I, too, would love to see Queen in concert again. IF they ever decide to go on another large tour, I assume they would not be back until at least 2021.

Katydyd...I don't remember if Brian wore the Freddie tee-shirt during the concert I saw, but he was wearing one at the Madison Square Garden show a couple of days later... the same one he wore this evening. I had no idea who was sitting with Rami and Lucy...thanks for pointing that out.

Delilah...Thanks for all the great links. I went to the first one to look for that guy crouching next to Roger. During the first song at about 2:53:24-27, there is a moment when Adam and Brian are performing next to each other and you can see this guy's face between them...he looks like a ghost!

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, I think MSNBC might rerun the whole concert, though I have no idea why I think that. It would take up a lot of their programming. It was a very long show and when it became apparent that Queen was going to close the show, I turned it up so I could hear but did other things in other rooms until it was time for them. It really was magical. Several of the other acts went on for a fair amount of time, so I thought we'd get a good chunk, but I never expected an hour. For those who haven't seen Queen+AL, it felt to me as if I was seeing them in concert for a second time. Absolutely unbelievable! When Brian does LOML I think everyone knows we'll see Freddie, but listening to the roar of the crowd when he appears always gives me chills. And then the chant of "Freddie, Freddie!" Just wow. Having never seen Freddie live I've always regretted not being able to do the call and response with him, but this is as good as it gets. I couldn't go to sleep afterwards because I was so jazzed.

Thanks to those who have already shared links!

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 577 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Perk

Hey, believe me I'm NOT a natural.Sweet at all! My needle gets constantly un-threaded, I get knots appear in my thread. I just concentrated VERY hard on getting the job done. If I can do it, anyone can. :-) Give it a go! The result is very rewarding!

FreddieDarling

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Typo!!!

Sweet NOT sweet! I 'm not "sweet" at ALL !! Damn predictive text!

FreddieDarling

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dannit! Did it again!
SEWER!! Not SWEET !

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy- I felt exactly the same way. It’s amazing how we got all the energy and emotion of seeing them live through the TV. I am still feeling the effect too! And yes the crowd, ugh, it is truly uplifting and uniting. And, made me think of live aid, that they had a massive, viewing audience around the globe. I hope they re-run it on MSNBC too for anyone who didn’t see it, I mostly use my phone, so, for me, getting to see it on TV was so much better. :-)) thanks for mentioning the MSNBC broadcast.

I did tape it. So I’ll be watching it over and over.

I really appreciate all of you and getting to have these shared experiences!! :))

I wonder how anyone who was there will come down from that. Could take a week. Haha, but really.

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow— you and Katy are good! I was so focused on the guy’s face, I didn’t see what he was doing. I did not expect an hour either and encore. When they went to that commercial... I said “wait, what, is that it, no...” then they were back. Haha.

Amidds user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 201 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh boy, I watched all day and 3 songs in with Queen+, my cable cut out due to work in the area. This has been happening all week but seriously? Right then? I’ll be looking for it online too so thanks for the links. Now, anyone got bail money? That really was the last straw with these guys!!!! ;)

FreddieDarling, I really do look forward to your predictive texts dear lol!

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Throughout the broadcast they mentioned doing simultaneous broadcasts around the world next year. Sounded almost like a Live Aid type thing. I could see Queen participating in that though I doubt they'd get a full hour. As for the guy, I was so focused on how he was right out in the open and chomping on gum I didn't see at first what he was doing. I kept waiting for production to realize he was visible and remove him, but then I figured he must be doing something essential. I'm always interested in quick glimpses of any backstage people visible during Queen concerts because I would have loved to have seen them from that vantage point. LOL, it would have meant I was "with the band". I always think Ratty is practically performing a well rehearsed ballet. He's almost seamless in helping Freddie.

Amidds, if my cable had cut out I think I would have completely lost it! Tears, rage, the whole thing.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The show was awesome Brian in that suit was a little scary but he is a true genius.Freddie once said in a interview his music or songs were disposible listen to them while you like them and then throw them out.He was so wrong his music and legacy will live on for many years and generations to come.

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 15:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

(Throughout the broadcast they mentioned doing simultaneous broadcasts around the world next year. Sounded almost like a Live Aid type thing)

Katy-right, they sure did. Thought I heard them say 4-5 shows simultaneously for next year, right?

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 15:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds! Nooooooo!!! :((

You must have been going crazy.
I would bail you out for that cause. :$)

I’m sure everyone is way ahead of me and may not be anything new but a lot of videos came up on a google search of “global citizen Queen”

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 545 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 16:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds....Could a cable problem happen a less opportune moment? I would have yelled at the TV (knowing what an effective cable repair technique that is! ) As it was, after Queen's third song there was a commercial break. "NO way" I thought. "They can't only be performing three songs". After the commercial break, the show resumed and Queen was in the MIDDLE of a song!!!

I read that the concert next year is 10 hours long, from 5 continents. I saw a partial list of the performers taking part in the 2020 event. Queen wasn't on the list, but it's still early and there will be many more added. I'm sure they will want to participate if at all possible. While watching some of the videos during the festival, I was happy to see so many people around the world engaging in amazing grass-roots initiatives to elevate the lives of the neediest and to take care of the Earth. At a time when there is so much negativity in the world, seeing how much people care and watching those young folks gather for a good cause was very uplifting!

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 16:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow!! Beautifully said. I so agree. I had that feeling too.... THIS IS IT! ...we grew up with that spirit and those movements. To see so many coming together and also publicly acknowledging and encouraging children who are making such a difference. The huge ripple effect of this keeps sinking in deeper. On the live aid anniversary Martha Quinn said something in an interview that made me think....she said that at that time people felt they could really make a difference. It’s so good to see this belief and action alive and well.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow,Thanks girl I haven't connected much with people since this whole thing happened.I just tend to try to move past it and pretend like it's not there.Well I cant do that so I do appreciate you giving me this info I will check it out.Did you enjoy the show it was unforgettable wasnt it.Anyone that hasn't seen it should and anyone that doesnt like it should go to hell.I'm just kidding everyone is entitled to their opinion but they are keeping Freddie's legacy alive.I think in the end that's their goal and having a good time doing it.

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB, I'm really encouraged to see young people taking initiative! It's all so positive!

Amidds user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 201 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 19:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So nice you all understand my anger! Worst part is, it took out internet too so I couldn’t even switch over to YouTube! I did notice the guy crouching down by Roger though, anyone figure out what he was doing! I saw so little of it that I just thought it was a roadie bringing something out to him but it sounds like he was there for quite a while!?

OK another busy day but I finally get a chance to look up everything I missed last night! Wish me luck!!!

love2spin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 22:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Roger's drum tech is named NIGEL - see him at 5:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc2AuAXl5lI

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 00:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Love2spin! Welcome! Thank you so much for the link and information. That video is hysterical!! I guess he “watches the drums” too funny... and very good to know. Did you get to see the global citizen concert past night?