Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jun 19, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gina, I was trying to remember if I was on the forum or fb obviously the forum.yes these do creep up on you a bit.I was fine and then i wasn"t.I don't know what happened anyway glad i remembered you and you didn't have time to remind me.

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 19, 02:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevy man- hope you had a great day!! And not too many Jell-O shots!! :)

Rainbow- it's too bad all the book prices have increased- it sounds like you hit the jackpot finding them before the movie was released- it would be interesting reading about the band while they were still very popular and producing records.

Thor and Lee- each day that passes means a day closer to your book release!! So exciting!! Cant't wait!!

Perk- hope you are feeling better!

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 115 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 19, 03:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perk & Rainbow61, OMG, the race of the mascots between King Henry VIII, Prime Minister Winston Churchill, Freddie Mercury and the Scottish dinosaur (I don't get the last one. Can somebody from the UK explain?) was weirdly hysterical. I cracked up after Freddie won and "We are the Champions" launched.

Perk & CHEVYMAN, thanks for sharing details of your personal battle against PTSD and depression. I pray for the best for you both in your recovery.

CHEVY, the day is almost over. I hope you had a fabulous b-day today!

Galileo1564 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 208 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 19, 04:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy Birthday Chevy! Hope those Jello shots, whatever those are! Went well.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 545 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 19, 05:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

emdee...I am happy I purchased those books when I did. Just about every one of the books I bought over the past few years has dramatically increased in price....far beyond what they originally sold for.

"Queen: As it Began" I paid $2.99 (used) on Amazon...it now sells for $99.99 (used) on Amazon.
"Queen: The Ultimate History of the Crowned Kings of Rock". I paid $3.74 (used) on Amazon...it now sells for $95.59 (used) on Amazon.

Jo T...I really wanted Freddie to win the second mascot race as well. Personally, I think he totally held back at the end to give King Henry VIII a chance at victory! LOL Fans voted for the mascots and Freddie won in the "Cultural Icon" category beating out Jane Austen, William Shakespeare, and John Lennon! (The Scottish dinosaur was the Loch Ness Monster.) So in 2019 Freddie has been front and center at the Academy Awards and at a Red Sox-Yankee baseball game in London. What a year! Of course Freddie had an important role in the Olympic closing ceremonies in 2012. I wonder what other big events he could be featured at?

Posted: 01 Jul 19, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JT, Thanks for those lovely pics the pool one was gorgeous .You made my day.But I will say his present day view is just as handsome do you not agree those guys are lucky.Galileo, I was just gonna have 3 shots but 3 turned into about10 shots.Jello shots are boxed jello of all colors every color has a different strength of liquor. The person making the shots is the only one to know how much liquor is in the shots so that's how you really get messed up really fast.I had too many I had two whole rainbows.Well thanks for all the bday wishes ! Hopefully we will have a book soon that was my other bday wish.Perk, I'm not leaving you out sister hope your well and have a happy 4th of July sweetie.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 19, 15:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JT, did you post some pictures I dont' see? I'm kind of confused.

Posted: 01 Jul 19, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd,They were some pics on fb for my bday!They were just a special request I will PM you.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 19, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, I think I'm often confused with what you mean to be a QZ post and then posts where you are referring to or answering people in the FB group or even personal email.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 19, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks Thor...I am very much looking forward to the book :)

Posted: 01 Jul 19, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Galileo1564

Page 60 of the second thread, i.e. the one just decommissioned has a mention of “vignette”.

Too lazy to make a link. :-/[ I wasn't be rude when I said I was too lazy to look, there are just so many pages I didn't feel the subject was that important for me to spend ages looking for it. However, what I am referring to isn't what Thor said on page 60, it was a reply to me somewhere on that long page about vignettes/chapters.
Subject closed lol

Posted: 01 Jul 19, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow I have just purchased 'as it began' on Ebay for £18. The prices of these books are just crazy since the film came out.

Posted: 01 Jul 19, 21:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dougnut. That's not a bad price at all. I usually shop for books on Amazon (used through 3rd party sellers) but sometimes I find better deals on eBay. I don't mind used books as long as they are in decent condition. By the way, I really enjoyed "Queen: As It Began." Thought it was quite interesting and well written. I

Posted: 02 Jul 19, 08:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

glad you enjoyed 'as it began ' Rainbow. I must admit I am eager to make a start so I'm hoping it arrives today.

By the way all , Queen have a new book out in September but you can pre-order now on their official website . It's called 'The treasures of queen '

https://www.queenonlinestore.com/*/*/The-Treasures-of-Queen/65JA0000000

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 19, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy belated birthday Chevyman! Hope it was a good one!

Posted: 03 Jul 19, 01:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp03, Thanks It was wonderful I can't believe I'm 46 years old .When I was younger I liked larger numbers now not so much so.I had a nice time with an ex girlfriend and some high school friends I can't drink like I used too.They all are well getting old too we pulled out pics alot of pics alot of memories.Glad I kept connections after all these years even the ex that at the time I thought I never would we are best friends now crazy.Hope you have have a happy and blessed fourth of July that goes for all of you.

Posted: 03 Jul 19, 02:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just watched a repeat episode of "American's Got Talent. One of the featured acts this season is an acrobatic dance group from the Ukraine called the "Light Balance Kids". First of all, they are amazing! Second, they performed their routine to "Another One Bites The Dust". As I was watching these dynamic young performers, I thought about how great music links people from faraway places...there are no cultural boundaries. I bet Freddie would have been impressed watching these young folks interpret and dance to his music!

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 19, 03:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy 4th of July Thor and Lee!! I hope you can take a break from the book and enjoy the holiday!

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 19, 21:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And a Happy 4th of July to one and all in America!

Love, Thor (and Lee).

I will be staying in the cool air of San Diego (78 degrees Fahrenheit) and
will not be with Lee this year to celebrate the holiday. It's a bit HOT in
Palm Springs this time of year. That won't stop me from going after the
holiday weekend.

Posted: 03 Jul 19, 22:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy fourth to you too! hope this finds you well it is hot where I am about 100 or so.I would do anything for 78 degrees.It"s nice to see your smiling face again have a great holiday.